PDA

View Full Version : Instead of donating your money to teamlava

Unregistered
12-24-10, 02:09 PM
Instead of donating my money to the teamlava cause I'm taking that money and donating it to a charity. Mine will be a no kill animal shelter.

Unregistered
12-24-10, 03:05 PM
Instead of donating my money to the teamlava cause I'm taking that money and donating it to a charity. Mine will be a no kill animal shelter.

My big issue with many charities are that much of donations go to over inflated executive salaries, and not to the front line, where people really need help.

I don't consider my purchase a donation to team lava. I think of it as donating to me, and my entertainment.

Merry Christmas.

Unregistered
12-24-10, 03:18 PM
My big issue with many charities are that much of donations go to over inflated executive salaries, and not to the front line, where people really need help.

I don't consider my purchase a donation to team lava. I think of it as donating to me, and my entertainment.

Merry Christmas.

To each his own. I happen to think it's a very good idea. It's the season of giving. I gave money to a family who wouldn't have had a Christmas otherwise! There are many people who can come up with excuses not to help others. Thank goodness for those who don't share the same opinion.

Unregistered
12-24-10, 03:27 PM
To each his own. I happen to think it's a very good idea. It's the season of giving. I gave money to a family who wouldn't have had a Christmas otherwise! There are many people who can come up with excuses not to help others. Thank goodness for those who don't share the same opinion.

Hey I didn't say I didn't give. I've been secret Santa to two underprivileged kids the last few years thru a church. I buy the stuff, so i know where my grand goes...not into some execs pocket while kids go hungry. Just don't like the big organized charities so off your high horse. You extrapolate and assume far too much on such little info. But still doesn't mean I can't be nice to myself either. Wow you're a nasty one with your wrong assumptions and attacks. Holy attitude. Merry Christmas just the same

Ailinea
12-25-10, 04:09 PM

Merry Christmas.

That's why you research charities before you give. And very rarely when you donate to a local non-profit (like the OP's no-kill shelter) then your money will not be going to "over inflated executive salaries." I agree that it's an issue, but I don't think it's a reason to not give to a charity at all. You just gotta do your research.

And I don't think the OP was trying to offend you, but you sure came off offensive, as if you were mocking him for donating to a charity. Good for you that you do put your money where your mouth is, but I think you took his response a little too seriously. It's the holiday season, let's all relax a little bit and be glad that we take time out of our days to make a difference in someone else's life by donating to those who need it more. :)

Unregistered
12-25-10, 06:06 PM
Thank you to the poster above me. I surely didn't expect the response I had gotten to my post. All I was trying to do was bring attention to the less fortunate. In my case my heart goes out to the animals left behind that need food and medical attention to help them survive. Give a dollar to teamlava? Give a dollar to the needy? Mine seemed like a good choice but that's just me.

Merry Christmas...

Unregistered
12-25-10, 06:35 PM
That's why you research charities before you give. And very rarely when you donate to a local non-profit (like the OP's no-kill shelter) then your money will not be going to "over inflated executive salaries." I agree that it's an issue, but I don't think it's a reason to not give to a charity at all. You just gotta do your research.

And I don't think the OP was trying to offend you, but you sure came off offensive, as if you were mocking him for donating to a charity. Good for you that you do put your money where your mouth is, but I think you took his response a little too seriously. It's the holiday season, let's all relax a little bit and be glad that we take time out of our days to make a difference in someone else's life by donating to those who need it more. :)

I disagree. I also read that the poster was intending to insult by saying "I'm glad others don't share the same opinion". The poster didn't know truly the persons feelings, just jumped to conclusions. Wasn't me, but I can understand why the other party felt attacked.

There are still many good charitable organizations. And some who mar the whole intent of helping your fellow man. I've worked for both kinds sadly. Most people only give for the tax receipt anyways. It's nice to see direct compassion for a change. I doubt the person gets to write off the assistance to his or her fellow man. You can do all the research you want, but I can tell you as someone from the inside, just how corrupt some of them are. Even the ones most think are truly wonderful and beyond reproach.

Remember too, that even if no insult was meant, there are no facial expression or softness of tone to the written word. Without these things, even the sweetest intent can come across as a harsh judgement.

None of us know each other. We know not anothers circumstance or heart. Especially not from a paragraph and therefore, no one has a right to pass judgement because someone wants a pretty item to spice up their virtual vacation from life place. There are worse things they could be doing.

Well none of this has to do with a game. I too believe in helping others. I've made a life commitment to it. I also think we should not deny ourselves little life enjoyments if we are fortunate enough to be able to have them. I would rather see someone spending money on their virtual place, then on drugs or alcohol. I hope if they have extra, money or time, they also think to help another who is not as fortunate.

Peace everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Unregistered
12-25-10, 07:19 PM
Namaste & Merry Christmas

You are correct. The pen,if not wielded with intelligence and fore thought, becomes an instrument of war. In this case, the pen has become the type pad 

Insults fly throughout this forum. Indeed the Internet. Usually caused by words not well phrased and connected. Fuel to a battle oft started by a demon named ego.