PDA

View Full Version : Are the boxes worth it?

sunflowerssss
05-03-13, 09:43 PM
I'm thinking of opening a box (cake and tea or madeleine), after saving up my gems for a while, and I was wondering if the box items are worth the gems? Thanks :)

bigbux3
05-03-13, 10:16 PM
I suggest Cake and Tea. That's the only box that has "good" items (in my opinion) and it's given me really good things. I've gotten 2nd place items (which I never get).
I would recommend it. But it depends on how much gems you have. If you have 24-30, I'd wait. If you have 35-55, I'd wait until the next box is released before making your decision. And by then, you'll probably earn more gems along the way.

sls0991
05-03-13, 10:47 PM
The first time I bought a box was a thrill because it was the fairytale box and I was excited for anything I would get. Hate that I've gotten duplicates, so yea the first time isn't bad because the risk is less, no duplicates and you'll more likely be happy with whatever you get. If you adore a box enough like I do the fairytale, go for it.

cherryberry9
05-03-13, 11:41 PM
I'm thinking of opening a box (cake and tea or madeleine), after saving up my gems for a while, and I was wondering if the box items are worth the gems? Thanks :)

No they're not worth it but I can't help myself. Its like me and a box of chocolates, they'll be gone in a minute.

sunflowerssss
05-04-13, 05:55 AM
Thanks guys, I ended up getting the cake and tea box, and got the dainty piano, which I really like! Although I would probably have been happy with anything from that box :)

cherryberry9
05-04-13, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys, I ended up getting the cake and tea box, and got the dainty piano, which I really like! Although I would probably have been happy with anything from that box :)

You got lucky. I never get good luck with boxes in bakery.

tinkerdawg
05-04-13, 10:29 AM

Color me green with envy! I've opened the cake and tea box several times with the sole purpose of trying to get the dainty piano. I've plenty if icing counters and a few cupboards now, but no piano. Wish I had your luck! Lol

islanddoll1
05-05-13, 02:57 PM
NO, its NOT worth it!! three quarter of the prizes looks like they would be worth 12 or less gems if sold separately. What you had my friend is beginners luck with that piano. I spend my real hard earned money buying gems for boxes and i realize i might have a TL gambling problem. Opening boxes are addictive. Once you start you wont be able to stop, especially if you had beginners luck! I cant count the amount of boxes I've opened and I only get 4th place and the RARE 3rd place items. If you must gamble, the tea and cakes box and Madeline tin are the only ones worth gambling on. We should start a Boxes Anonymous thread... I need help controlling my urges to buy boxes lol

AutumnHikari
05-05-13, 06:37 PM

Ahh, so lucky!! I've been trying for the dainty piano for ages and no luck! I've got like 6 icing counters though ha ha! Congrats :)

sls0991
05-05-13, 06:48 PM
No they're not worth it but I can't help myself. Its like me and a box of chocolates, they'll be gone in a minute.

This was probably the best post I've seen yet. :P I couldn't agree more.

NanaCanna
05-05-13, 06:56 PM

Oh you're so lucky, I've been trying for the dainty piano for ages it seems! It's sooo cute! I'm happy with the blur goal piano cuz I got the whole band.����������

NanaCanna
05-05-13, 06:58 PM
Blur? BLUE! Darn auto correct you'd think I'd learn to check before I post.

cherryberry9
05-05-13, 08:17 PM
NO, its NOT worth it!! three quarter of the prizes looks like they would be worth 12 or less gems if sold separately. What you had my friend is beginners luck with that piano. I spend my real hard earned money buying gems for boxes and i realize i might have a TL gambling problem. Opening boxes are addictive. Once you start you wont be able to stop, especially if you had beginners luck! I cant count the amount of boxes I've opened and I only get 4th place and the RARE 3rd place items. If you must gamble, the tea and cakes box and Madeline tin are the only ones worth gambling on. We should start a Boxes Anonymous thread... I need help controlling my urges to buy boxes lol

So do I. I limit myself though.

sunflowerssss
05-05-13, 09:17 PM
Color me green with envy! I've opened the cake and tea box several times with the sole purpose of trying to get the dainty piano. I've plenty if icing counters and a few cupboards now, but no piano. Wish I had your luck! Lol

If I could I'd swap with you for the icing counter haha, I love the piano but it looks a bit big in my little bakery. And yeah, I know it was beginners luck, I probably won't open one again (partly because it took ages to earn those gems) :P

Eicylicious
05-05-13, 09:43 PM
It's just a matter of luck. You can get items which is totally worth your 24 gems or items that you will regret. LOL!

nightshine7
05-08-13, 04:04 AM
I had bought the "sword in stone" from purchased gems, and was very disappointed in it's size. I later bought a box (think it was the Candy Jar} with 24 purchased gems and guess what I got...another "sword in stone". REALLY disappointed! I'm really considering quitting this game because if I'm willing to spend my money with TeamLava with a 4 star rating, I should have a say so as to what I purchase. I don't know if there's some technical reason as to why the choices of things are very limited but it's getting frustrating. I have almost 2 million coins. What are they good for when many things require gems and it's too difficult to earn them. So..players like me buy them and are too limited to what we can buy.