PDA

View Full Version : Worst luck ever?

jjbirdiv
05-03-13, 08:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has as bad of luck as me. In months of playing I havent gotten a single knowledge shard, alicorn part, and more recently mithril. I still hold my breath when collecting though. Ill probably have a heart attack if I ever see one of these things drop. Great game though i wonder if something is wrong with my version. Anyone else have this much difficulty? Is it just bad luck? :confused:

jjbirdiv
05-04-13, 05:14 AM
:cool:I hope this doesnt just come off as another sob story. Just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation. Seems like most of my neighbors that are similar level dont have this problem and one even suggested emailing support. Guess im just looking for a general consensus. Hope everyone has a great day! :cool:

bowlfullofcherries
05-04-13, 05:29 AM
Your post made me want to stop whining- even if I think my points are valid. Still, I don't think the system should be this random. What motivation is there to continue playing if you don't get anywhere even with your best effort?

I didn't vote simply because I don't know which I'd pick. Good luck, jjbird.

CottageRose
05-04-13, 06:17 AM
I also didn't vote. In a strictly random game quest, chances are some people may go even longer, which is the thing I hate most about CS. It would be so much less frustrating if they set a limit - if someone goes x number of months without something, then it drops the next time they collect. Otherwise, it's easy to despair and lose hope.

It's always possible with software that something else is going on, but it has not been that long for Alicorn parts to be available (early February). Mithril had a guaranteed drop of one on the very first dark caves adventure for Excalibam, and can randomly be mined from dark cave formations. (Again random. I have only ever found two of the dark cave crystal formations, and wouldn't break them down for a random mithril chance, but it has worked for some and not others.)

Which in my mind leaves the knowledge shards as the worst offender. Things are a little easier once you get the 4 shards (because the 4th shard quest unlocks the ability to forge mithril and other resources), but I think there are people stuck since before my time (last December) that don't have them.

I truly understand the frustration, and sympathize. My friend started months after I did. He has the higher 40 energy cap, and the new carriage, while I have no carriage, no anvil, no campfire, and struggle getting fewer things done with the same number of breaks at work.

Good luck!

loveknots
05-04-13, 07:13 AM
I'm at level 27. I have never received an animal or Alicorn part from an adventure. I did just get my second knowledge shard a week ago but since have only gotten 8 rat tails of the 20 needed to use the shard. I have hacked up 8 rocks and 2 cave rocks and still no mithril. I only have 30 energy. I don't get the new game goals (solitaire, restaurant story).

I have PTSD so I play this game constantly since I can't really sleep or work. My therapist thinks this game is making me more depressed and I should stop. I often think she is right but I can't pull myself away. I don't play on my phone that has 36 energy and all the new game goals. I rarely even use it to gift myself. So I know it's not the game I'm addicted to. I think I just use it as a time filler.

I think it just luck of the draw when you install the game and you are forever stuck with that track of "luck" as long as you are playing on that account. Just my observation based on multiple family members with multiple devices.

jjbirdiv
05-04-13, 09:12 AM
Cool. I still havent gotten a dark cave formation yet either, ( no surprise) but if i do i will mine it for sure if it might give mithril. I used my mithril for excalibam and mining all the other rock formations has had no results. I maxed out everything you can get from rocks though. Lol.

jjbirdiv
05-04-13, 09:16 AM
I'm at level 27. I have never received an animal or Alicorn part from an adventure. I did just get my second knowledge shard a week ago but since have only gotten 8 rat tails of the 20 needed to use the shard. I have hacked up 8 rocks and 2 cave rocks and still no mithril. I only have 30 energy. I don't get the new game goals (solitaire, restaurant story).

I have PTSD so I play this game constantly since I can't really sleep or work. My therapist thinks this game is making me more depressed and I should stop. I often think she is right but I can't pull myself away. I don't play on my phone that has 36 energy and all the new game goals. I rarely even use it to gift myself. So I know it's not the game I'm addicted to. I think I just use it as a time filler.

I think it just luck of the draw when you install the game and you are forever stuck with that track of "luck" as long as you are playing on that account. Just my observation based on multiple family members with multiple devices.

I wondered this same thing about predetermined "luck" for different accounts. Some people seem to have better chances of getting stuff. i think i drew the short straw. Anyway, hope you are doing well.

CottageRose
05-04-13, 10:46 AM
To the best of my knowledge, Mithril doesn't come from any rock you can buy in the market, so focus on the dark caves formations and pray for the shards, is the best advice I can give.

Baraze
05-04-13, 10:51 AM
I've has Sir oink oink drop mithrils before. I didnt even know what the shards were until I saw energy coming when I was harvesting, came onto a random post and asked if its a new feature. It has been maybe three months since I first got the tablet thingy? I never got any rock formations, expensive decoration or anything remotely decent from the adventures. I did get the parts for three alicorns. Try to uninstall the game, move some stuff around and try to do adventures everyday.

It sucks, but it is totally random and those things will come when you lease expect.

jjbirdiv
05-04-13, 12:06 PM
I've has Sir oink oink drop mithrils before. I didnt even know what the shards were until I saw energy coming when I was harvesting, came onto a random post and asked if its a new feature. It has been maybe three months since I first got the tablet thingy? I never got any rock formations, expensive decoration or anything remotely decent from the adventures. I did get the parts for three alicorns. Try to uninstall the game, move some stuff around and try to do adventures everyday.

It sucks, but it is totally random and those things will come when you lease expect.

Has uninstalling the game helped anyone? If there is predetermined luck, this might be a brilliant solution. I would be worried that i wouldnt be able to retrieve my game though. Ive sunk a lot of time into it. Great suggestion, has anyone tried it?

CottageRose
05-04-13, 01:27 PM
You won't lose your game. It's all saved on TL servers, tied to your Apple device ID. They even recommend deleting and reinstalling as a troubleshooting step. It may not help, but your game data is safe, if you want to try. :)

muggapug
05-04-13, 05:36 PM
I do an adventure every single day and have been waiting for the unicorn horn to drop for three plus months. I have two wings, can I trade one of them?

jjbirdiv
05-04-13, 05:56 PM
Wish i could help

dinojuju
05-04-13, 08:13 PM
You aren't the only one... Been playing since January and on level 30, no shards, no Alicorn parts. Go on adventures every day, collect from the tablet every day, have spent money hoping it puts me on some different luck-path, but nothing has changed. I doubt I will ever get Sabinas house as have not even gotten a dark cave formation from an adventure...Mithral seems impossible! Cross my fingers every day but I too am the unluckiest in the world......

vchanhs
05-04-13, 09:34 PM
You aren't the only one... Been playing since January and on level 30, no shards, no Alicorn parts. Go on adventures every day, collect from the tablet every day, have spent money hoping it puts me on some different luck-path, but nothing has changed. I doubt I will ever get Sabinas house as have not even gotten a dark cave formation from an adventure...Mithral seems impossible! Cross my fingers every day but I too am the unluckiest in the world......

Dark cave formation only drop from the third adventure. Did you just do that one? I am waiting for alicorn parts too but I try not to focus too much on it. Knowledge shard is a luck thing. Just need to keep trying. Don't be discouraged. Everyday more and more people are finding the shard.

jjbirdiv
05-05-13, 07:10 AM

This is what i needed to hear. For awhile seemed like i was the only one. Anyway, Im rooting for you. Let me know if you ever get one of those things so i can feel like theres hope. Good luck!

srtage
05-05-13, 07:17 AM
This is what i needed to hear. For awhile seemed like i was the only one. Anyway, Im rooting for you. Let me know if you ever get one of those things so i can feel like theres hope. Good luck!

I've got only three shards since... puff! Now I try again and again to get the last one. No results. NEVER! I've assumed I won't see the princess walking in my garden... :(

jjbirdiv
05-05-13, 07:38 AM
So excited to get a dark cave formation this morning. Decided to mine it one click at a time to build suspense and.............................. No Mithril. Oh well, at least it was a start. Back to search the dark caves.