PDA

View Full Version : Neighboring

bowlfullofcherries
05-03-13, 05:00 PM
What constitutes a good neighbor? There was a bit of talk in one of the threads but I wondered what everyone was looking for in a neighbor. For myself, I appreciate hearts received but the breaking point for me is not getting help when I need it. Especially when I help that neighbor. That person usually gets deleted. I don't exchange gifts often because my kids play and I gift them, but I try to let neighbors know that most of the time.

Btw, is it better to ask for help all in one day or twenty neighbors daily? I've received requests for help that were dated two days previous and was mortified. Now that I know there's a limit I do feel better. But is it more efficient one way or the other?

fitfunsparkle
05-03-13, 05:58 PM
For me a good neighbor just sends help when i send requests. I have three neighbors that i gift daily- meaning i gift them and they gift me everyday, so it doesnt bother me if other neighbors dont gift me. Also, i dont care if they visit either. My main goal in wanting neighbors is for them to respond to requests. I have no other expectations than that :)

Gardienn
05-03-13, 06:52 PM
For me, a good neighbor helps when you need things sent, gifts when they can, and visits periodically (but that's not essential). A hi and kingdom compliment every now and then is nice, but writing on walls is time consuming and most posts, like how many hearts or not you got, just ends up cluttering walls. How many someone got doesn't matter to me. If they got some, great, but I don't need to know about it. I know how to use my newsfeed to see who visited.

If someone's going to talk on walls, I like meaningful conversation, like my neighbor who posted today that he was watching for my tinker camp to go up and wondered where I was going to put it. (Thank you, Golden kingdom--I forgot your StormID name.)

A biggie? A good neighbor doesn't badger others to write on his wall. If you want only active players, track your neighbors' royal points and level advancement over a month or so, but don't do what this person did: she wrote on my wall (paraphrased), "To all my friends who know how to use walls, thank you. To the rest of you..." and later on, "if you don't write on my wall, I'm deleting you..." How rude and condescending. I don't need to be badgered for not using someone's wall when I tip their buildings, answer requests, and send gifts. Best delete I ever made.