PDA

View Full Version : Volcanic Ruins - Levels 163 - 168

OpeningCeremony
05-03-13, 03:45 PM
not enough energy to take a peek at the first level on this island. BUT i see a fire and clock icon on the level 163, so i know what that means... timed level with fires to put out. also one of the goals for this level is to complete level in 30 seconds.. so i'm guessing the timer is gonna be a short one. 1 min?

OpeningCeremony
05-03-13, 06:04 PM
Lol just tried level 163 and there's 40 seconds on the clock! Must get rid of 4 snakes and then put out the fire that starts to spread once you get rid of the snakes that's blocking it. The fire spreads much much faster than previous levels. Doesn't seem too terrible but need more energy for more tries to pass it :)

OpeningCeremony
05-04-13, 10:17 AM
apparently on level 163, you don't need to **** the two snakes on top, just need to put out all the flames, which is easiest done by getting rid of the bottom two snakes which are blocking the flames from spreading. i passed the level in less than 30 seconds because i didn't **** one of the top snakes, but somehow got rid of all the flames really quickly. not focusing on the top two snakes will be a big time saver.

level 164 is another flame level with 40 moves. there are 3 areas of flames, 2 of which are blocked by crates... still working on it.

OpeningCeremony
05-13-13, 03:37 PM
level 165 is an annoying digging "moves" level, must dig 12 meters down. but there are black jewels and stone jewels and also some random gaps on the board as you move down. so it's not super easy to make matches right against the brick to dig down. blaster/bomb combo is especially helpful. also diamond/blaster combo. i didn't really focus on trying to get rid of the stone jewels by turning them into special jewels, but if you have the opportunity to do so, might as well. i just wanted to conserve my moves to dig down.

level 166 is a timed fire level. the board is very straight forward, starts out with 1:40 and 20 flames on the board. there is one gap on the left and right side of the board, but not that hard to create matches. the flames spread as time passes by, so just try to move fast. the more the fire spreads, the harder it is to make matches, but the board will reshuffle. and i'm slowly catching up with my alternate account to my main account :) yay.

at least it gives me an opportunity to fill in some of the blanks with these islands.

OpeningCeremony
05-15-13, 02:05 PM
so i think level 168 is one of those levels that i wasn't looking forward to playing again. it's a fire level with 65 moves. there is a long gap between the bottom two rows, so it makes extinguishing the flames on the bottom row a challenge. i think the only way to pass this is with a diamond and blaster combo and/or bomb/blaster combo. but the bomb blaster combo won't even get rid of all the flames at once because of that gap... blah let's just get this level over with.

jamalo
05-23-13, 02:27 AM
OK, after playing this game with pleasure for months i am very close to giving up on level 163. 35 seconds is not the main problem but the way the fire spreads is just too much for me... Few moments ago eliminated the snakes in 10 seconds and found blaster/bomb combi in the bottom of my screen. So couldn't do much better. One fire was left and there was no match next to that one and it spreaded within few seconds to 4 and that was the end of my challenge.... . Any other players having just as much troubles with this one?

jamalo
05-23-13, 02:30 AM
Lol, just passed it with my last attempt.... should have complained earlier! Big brother Teamlava is watching me and decided to give me an easy board i guess haha..

morkofka
05-29-13, 11:26 PM
Level 163... I tried for about 15 times and nothing RRrrrrrrrrrrr

morkofka
05-29-13, 11:45 PM
I just did it, already after my first message on this forum :-) thank you, teamlava forum

pastasplace
06-02-13, 01:40 AM
Level 163 is now 53 seconds on the clock I think... The flames spread at an alarming rate!

pastasplace
06-02-13, 11:56 AM
Level 164 is to put out the fire in 60 moves. There are 2 areas of flames lower left and right that are blocked in by crates.

Level 165 is 98 moves of digging down 12 blocks deep. There are rows of black jewels, white colour match jewels, and a few of those special ones that you have to make special jewels out of them to get rid of them (what are they called?!)

Level 166 is to put the fire out in 2 mins 30 sec. There's nothing keeping the fire contained, 20 flames to start with, and it seems to move quickly. Matching has been a problem for me on this level, even after a couple of seconds it reshuffles, and typically, just as you're about to make a match right next to the flames, the flame spreads to one of the ones you're going to swap with! Grrr!

Phaedrakiki
06-02-13, 05:11 PM
Level 163: Sounds like they keep changing the time on this one. As of now, there's 53 seconds on the clock to put out 12 fires (5JC.) Aileeniweeni mentioned you don't have to **** the 2 top snakes--I wonder if you have to **** the bottom ones? The 2-headed snake's body holds the fire in, and keeps it from spreading. I wonder if you could blast the fire to put it out? Though, I suppose anything you did to clear those side flames would also clear the snake heads...effectively ****ing the snake anyway. Umm, nevermind, lol! Here's a screenshot:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/d3a22672-dc70-4317-a987-dd2a739259d3_zps15254bbb.jpg

This level goes by super-fast! I was going to try to start the level with at least one snake-head-match (the lower snake heads.) But instead, I think my strategy will be to make lots of special jewels first. That way, when the snake's body clears, I'll have lots of specials ready to clear the fire fast (because it starts spreading so quickly once the snake's gone.) We'll see if this works...
Enjoy, and wish me luck, haha!
Phaedrakiki

(BTW, not happy to see the fourth timed level in a row! What's up with all these timed levels? Luckily, pastasplace says the next 2 are "moves" levels! :D Can't wait!)

Phaedrakiki
06-02-13, 06:29 PM
Wow, the fire spreads so fast on this level! I don't know how I'm gonna pass this thing. I suppose this will come down to a lucky board, as well. I can't imagine moving any faster than I already am!

Phaedrakiki
06-02-13, 10:56 PM
Well, I "found a way" (haha) on 163--Yay! I was able to blast the lower snake (heads) to get rid of it right away, which allowed me spend almost the entire time focused on the fire. It spreads so quickly...at first I was pretty much making matches just to keep the fire from getting too big, but not really extinguishing it. Near the end, a blaster & bomb fell to the bottom-middle of the board, in a small gap in the fire. I combined them, and it extinquished all but one flame! Made one more match, and "tah-dah!" On to the next level... Whew! :D

Phaedrakiki
06-02-13, 11:06 PM
Level 164: 60 moves to clear 16 fire (5JC.) There are crates keeping the 2 side fires from spreading, but the one in the middle at the bottom will begin to spread right away.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/0c99a83e-78e4-4c29-b481-8aa4d19c1a97_zps8ac5d626.jpg

I tried this one a couple times already, and you can make lots of special jewels. I was hoping to put out the middle fire, then use a blaster or combo in the bottom-middle to wipe out the side fires (having left the crates intact so they wouldn't spread.) It didn't work for me yet, although I got really close. I'm not sure if this is a good strategy, or if I should abandon it & break the crates, after all. I'll let you know how it works out, lol! ;)

Have fun,
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
06-03-13, 12:26 AM
K, my strategy finally worked. Well...partially. I put the middle fire out, but never was able to get a blaster + bomb in the right place (at the bottom-middle) to blow out the right/left fires. So once the middle fire was out, I broke the crates on the left, and started working on that fire. Once that was out, I started extinguishing the final fires to the right. I made and used lots of special jewels & combos (including diamonds & diamond + blaster--twice!) Only used about half of my moves when I passed. Should've made a few extra moves/combos to boost my score (before putting out last fire,) but I didn't think of it. Heck, the fire probably would've got away from me, anyway--and my score wouldn't have mattered, lol! Oh, well...it was a fun level. Now I'm on to the next! :D

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 12:37 AM
Go Phaedrakiki Go!

i ran out of energy and battery so the fun is over for me tonight. i finally passed the last level on unicorm summit on my other account and i'm making up for lost time! i cleared 2 islands this weekend (on that account). feels like so much progress! i don't know why i'm on a roll all of a sudden :D but sounds like you are too!! ;)

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 12:42 AM
and wow i'm comparing the stats of the levels from when i first posted to the stats that pastasplace and phaedrakiki posted. increase in time and moves! yay that's what i like to hear. perhaps that's why i was able to clear 2 islands on my "behind" account, but i couldn't tell if it's because the parameters are different or if it's because i've played them before already? either way, i guess it makes it nicer to go back to previous levels and try to go for 3 stars! or do the unfinished goals

Phaedrakiki
06-03-13, 12:45 AM
Level 165: Dig 12 levels in 98 moves (5JC.) There are unbreakable/stone jewels, black boxes, and ice/white blocks embedded in the dirt/bricks.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/f97bb648-04b9-46b7-a9c4-94dba253d314_zps658759fa.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/99618908-1c5f-47b3-8116-248cc9e7cdae_zpscd295b0e.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/fa6d98fb-63e3-4948-87f4-731210c01d55_zpsf121f4a3.jpg

I really enjoyed this level! It was a lot of fun, and I got to make tons of diamonds, blasters, bombs, and combinations. Made it all the way to level 19 or 20. (Was hoping to see "China" like players reported on other levels...but, no.) Anyway, there are lots of barriers in your way, but if you focus on digging, you'll get down to 12 meters easily...
Enjoy (I did!)
Phaedrakiki
[PS: Boo! Now it's on to a timed level again...]

Phaedrakiki
06-03-13, 01:08 AM
Go Phaedrakiki Go!

(...) i cleared 2 islands this weekend (on that account). feels like so much progress! i don't know why i'm on a roll all of a sudden :D but sounds like you are too!! ;)

Thanks! Actually, I'm not really on a roll, I'm just finally moving after being stuck on 162 for so long!

BTW, I knew you hadn't lost your Jewel Mania Mojo! ;)

and wow i'm comparing the stats of the levels (...)

Yeah, that's why I like to leave all the stats when I post level info (even the # of jewel colors used.) I find it all very interesting (all the changes they make,) and it's nice to be able to compare. Usually it's adding time or moves, but sometimes it's the opposite. After you blew through Abyssal Keep, they might reduce time/moves for the rest of us! JK ;) (Oooh, I hope not, lol!) Then again, we don't all have your s****s (or JMM--JM Mojo!) :p

Phaedrakiki
06-03-13, 01:46 AM
Level 166: Put out 20 fire in 2:30. This looks fairly simple, but the fire spreads really, really fast. (Example: See how the photo says 21 fire? It starts at 20, and before 1 second is up, it's 21 already!)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/a0033ed2-ffc8-44f1-a4e6-978db3df983c_zpsaecba6f1.jpg

I've tried it twice, and it's all I can do to keep the fire from taking over! It's like others have said, as you get further into it, your match options shrink & the board starts to reshuffle. I did a blaster + bomb once, and I thought I'd be able to clear it. But the one flame left quickly took over, and I was back where I started by the end. Gonna need some luck and more special jewels!!! Gonna wait for my pulse to return to normal, before I attempt this again...
Good luck!
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
06-03-13, 03:08 AM
Wow, I combined a diamond + blaster, and it cleared all the fire, save one flame. Couldn't find a match to snuff the last flame, though...so the fire quickly started up again (on both sides!) How are you supposed to put this thing out? I have a feeling they want you to buy a boost for this, lol! Not sure how the "fire extinguisher" works, but it's tempting to find out, lol! ;)

pastasplace
06-03-13, 03:47 AM
I don't mind being stuck on a level for a while if I get kind of close to finishing on a semi regular basis, but this one, and a couple of the other timed ones do feel a bit on the hopeless side! I'm at the point where I'm trying to not use all my energy on just this level, I'm going back and replaying other levels to increase my number of stars "in the bank" as it were, so I can quickly progress through the island when I finally complete...

In the time spend doing that, I'm hoping that Team Lava will make this level a bit less demanding! I really enjoy the strategy levels, and a lot of the timed digging down levels are enjoyable (i think its because you can at least see what you're in for on the scroll up at the beginning), but these fire ones, where there's limited predictability are very very frustrating!

pastasplace
06-03-13, 07:15 AM
Another complete fluke... I'm now on 167. It's timed, but it's 3 minutes long, which feels like forever! There's a large square of glass and white colour match blocks, with a rectangle of normal jewels in the middle7449
Above is my first attempt at posting a pic... We'll see if it works! I know Phaedrakiki you'll post a great pic when you get to it - just to see if I can mainly!
There are plenty of opportunities to make blasters, but never in the right place! I had one attempt when I had about 6 reshuffles, but otherwise it doesn't feel too bad... And it's flame free! Hurrah!

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 12:21 PM
Thanks! Actually, I'm not really on a roll, I'm just finally moving after being stuck on 162 for so long!
BTW, I knew you hadn't lost your Jewel Mania Mojo! ;)
Yeah, that's why I like to leave all the stats when I post level info (even the # of jewel colors used.) I find it all very interesting (all the changes they make,) and it's nice to be able to compare. Usually it's adding time or moves, but sometimes it's the opposite. After you blew through Abyssal Keep, they might reduce time/moves for the rest of us! JK ;) (Oooh, I hope not, lol!) Then again, we don't all have your s****s (or JMM--JM Mojo!) :p

i love the feeling of moving on when i'm stuck on a level for so long! also i was trying to figure out what your "(5JC)" meant, and duh it's for 5 jewel colors :p haha. but i really doubt they'll reduce the time/moves hehe. at least i hope they don't!! :D and my mojo is probably just luck :) and playing too much JM

Phaedrakiki
06-03-13, 08:46 PM
I don't get it...I could swear I just completely blew out the fire on level 166 with a blaster + bomb. But it came back and began to spread again! Ugh, I'm so tired of this level; the fire spreads like crazy! I've used all kinds of combos on it, but can't seem to extinguish the fire completely (for good, I mean.) Maybe you have to blow it out twice in a row? I've had some pretty lucky boards already...not sure what it's gonna take to pass this thing. Plus, I'm so stressed-out by it. I have to rest after each attempt cuz my hands are shaking! I really hate timed levels like this!

Phaedrakiki
06-04-13, 08:03 PM
I can't believe it--I finally passed 166. I got lucky enough to combine a blaster + bomb, and then a diamond + blaster shortly afterwards. Thank God! That was my least favorite level thus far. No real strategy for this level. Just keep moving fast (to keep fire from spreading--hopefully extinguishing it instead.) And just make as many special jewels & combos as you can!

I'm taking a break before I start the next level because my hands are shaking. If you have a tough time on 166, don't give up. (I was close to doing that!) Hang in there, and you'll get lucky, too...eventually, lol! ;) Good luck~

Phaedrakiki
06-04-13, 08:49 PM
Level 167: 3 minutes to clear 28 glass (5JC.) Pastasplace has already described it...the board is outlined with ice/color-match blocks.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/350d50cd-5a3a-4a6d-91e1-223b59b1a430_zpscfd72089.jpg

I tried it once, and it was pretty easy to get the top and sides cleared. But still had some ice at the bottom when the 3 minutes were up. Gonna have to get some combinations going on my next try! (I want to pass this, so I can move on to the next level, which isn't timed--thank you!!!)

Enjoy,
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
06-05-13, 03:23 AM
I passed level 167 w/diamond + blaster combo. I made lots of special jewels (& blaster/bomb combos) during the 3 or 4 times I played, but the diamond/blaster was the only way I could really get to that bottom row...& completely clear the remaining ice & glass!

Level 168: 100 moves to put out 18 flames (all 6 JC's used.) Yay, a moves level! (Seems like a tough one, though!)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/7e8c7f03-8565-4d86-89f4-674ca23f5671_zps4916055b.jpg

As prev. described, the bottom row is kinda separated from main board, so it's very tough to put out the flames there. I used a blaster + bomb 2 or 3 times the first (only) time I played, but it wasn't enough. That's because the t-shaped blast doesn't reach the sides, which are super hard-to-reach. I was able to put out the right side with matches in the perfect spots. But there were 2 "tricky" flames at the bottom left I could never get rid of. Guess I'll need a diamond + blaster again. I wasn't able to make a diamond the first time, though. I suppose with all six jewel colors being used, it'll be harder to make diamonds, anyway. I'll also try to start the level with a flat, horizontal move or two touching the flames (or I'll restart the level.) I hate wasting moves at the top, especially if fire is spreading!

Enjoy!
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
06-05-13, 05:30 AM
Took me 3 tries to pass 168. I combined a diamond + blaster to wipe out most of the fire, but still had those 2 pesky flames remaining on the left side again. (On the 2nd try, the "pesky flames" were on the right...so the side changes, but there's always 2 that are hard to extinguish...) Anyway, I made another diamond, and was trying to manipulate things so I could combine with another blaster. Was also continuing to make matches so the fire wouldn't get out of hand again. I suddenly realized that the last 2 flames were both next to a red jewel. Duh! So I just switched my diamond with a red jewel. Poof! Fire's out. Yipppeeeee!

I was only halfway through the 100 moves, so the countdown (that turns each remaining move into a blaster or bomb) totally filled the entire board with special jewels, then detonated them. Even though it was a lot of specials, I only got 1 star. I think they should give extra points if you finish that early, or perhaps they should do the "1 blaster per leftover move" thing a little differently. Like maybe detonate the blasters/bombs just a few at a time, letting jewels fall in and make bonus matches to add points. Then do another few, etc.--instead of exploding them in just one big bang. That would boost the points, and hopefully, stars. Once I discovered that you get less points when you have lots of moves left, I started using my moves up once I get pretty close to a level's goal (like right before breaking the last glass.) But with fire, you can't wait too long, or it gets away from you. And diamonds...if you don't use them, they'll get blasted or something (and they're very much needed for 168!) I enjoyed this level; it was a lot of fun. So I'll come back & play it again to earn more stars. But for now I'm moving on to Unicorn Summit (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51244-Unicorn-Summit-Levels-169-174) island. I don't have energy to actually play yet, but~ ;)

pastasplace
06-06-13, 12:48 AM
Well done! That's great going!

I've lost count of my number of attempts - I can't seem to make the diamonds, and matching it with a blaster before the diamond gets blown up by another blaster... Well! I've managed it twice, but last time I matched it with a purple blaster, and there we're only four purple gems on the screen, so it really didn't achieve that much....

I can keep the flames under control, and quite often, I'm down to about 6 flames before I run out of turns.

This morning they've upped the number of turns from 100 to 150.

I still have about 6 flames at the end! Just waiting for either a diamond+blaster, or a blaster+bomb in the correct place at the end.

Phaedrakiki
06-06-13, 12:58 AM
Hang in there, pastasplace--you'll get it! That perfect board is coming, probably the next time you

Phaedrakiki
06-06-13, 01:01 AM
Oops! Not sure how that happened, lol! :o Anyway, was just going to say...the next time you play, you'll get a lucky board! You're def overdue for one. Fingers crossed! :)

pastasplace
06-06-13, 08:22 AM
Took another 4 attempts, but I just cleared it with 48 turns left, I got 2 stars for it, and probably won't be going back to try to get three on it!

Thank you for our kind words of encouragement! On to the next island - hurrah!

Phaedrakiki
06-06-13, 01:56 PM
Yay! Awesome...just awesome! :D

jconstilts
06-17-13, 07:17 AM
Omg just finally passed 166.... 3 days on it and lotsa hope is what got me thru!

Phaedrakiki
06-17-13, 01:23 PM
Congrats, jconstilts! That one was a tough/frustrating level--one of the worst ever (for me, anyway!) I know you're happy to be moving on... ;) Good luck on the next!

Phaedrakiki
08-17-13, 02:28 AM
(...) This morning they've upped the number of turns from 100 to 150. (...)
I saw this post about level 168, and thought I'd go back & try for more stars. (A moves level with more moves!) But when I started the level, I saw it only had 40 moves now--a big cut from the 100 it had when I first played. So I looked at the other parameters. I finally realized they've removed one jewel color...it's down to 5JC now. That should make it a little easier to pass--esp. making those diamonds & diamond + blaster combos! Yep, think I'll give it a try...
~~ I'm taking a break in-between attempts at level 315. It's a timed doom jewel level. Only a minute (or less) & I'm done--gotta make my playtime last somehow! (And timed doomies aren't much fun imho to start with!)

VGailP
08-17-13, 03:06 AM
Wow, I combined a diamond + blaster, and it cleared all the fire, save one flame. Couldn't find a match to snuff the last flame, though...so the fire quickly started up again (on both sides!) How are you supposed to put this thing out? I have a feeling they want you to buy a boost for this, lol! Not sure how the "fire extinguisher" works, but it's tempting to find out, lol! ;)

I am so impressed how quickly you all made it thru this island. I am STILL stuck on 163.:(
I did finally decide to try the fire extinguisher for the first time. It took my 32 gems and did NOTHING! I just can't imagine getting thru this with so little time,then of course while trying to do it quickly,several times it has taken gems when the time runs out. I think they need a "confirm" prompt before stealing gems!

Phaedrakiki
08-17-13, 11:29 PM
(...) that huge button at the end (...) If I had faith in the setup, I might buy gold (...) accidental clicks? (...)
a poll to add a confirm button. (...) Here's the link (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38283-Who-wants-a-CONFIRM-button/page26) if you want to vote or comment...
The snippets above are from my quote in the "Please stop stealing my gold" thread. Click on the double arrow (>>) in the quote if you want to check out what others are saying on this topic...or to share your frustrations. (You've prob. already seen the thread, but jik.) Or click on "Here's the Link"--near the bottom of the quoted text above--to see/participate in a poll regarding a confirm button. I've lost count of all the times I accidentally hit that big button at the end of a timed level--luckily I don't usually have gold to "steal," lol. But I've definitely lost gold--makes me sick having it go to waste like that! I'm all for double-confirmation on gold purchases!

Regarding the extinguisher boost, I think it only puts out one flame (unless it does different amounts on different levels.) I was pretty unimpressed with it--seems like gold might be better spent on a bomb or diamond to combine with a blaster or something. Depends on the level, of course...if you have just one flame burning in a hard-to-reach spot, then the fire extinguisher boost would be perfect, lol! Btw, did you buy the boost during the round, or pre-start?

Good luck on 163!

VGailP
08-18-13, 02:11 AM
The snippets above are from my quote in the "Please stop stealing my gold" thread. Click on the double arrow (>>) in the quote if you want to check out what others are saying on this topic...or to share your frustrations. (You've prob. already seen the thread, but jik.) Or click on "Here's the Link"--near the bottom of the quoted text above--to see/participate in a poll regarding a confirm button. I've lost count of all the times I accidentally hit that big button at the end of a timed level--luckily I don't usually have gold to "steal," lol. But I've definitely lost gold--makes me sick having it go to waste like that! I'm all for double-confirmation on gold purchases!

Regarding the extinguisher boost, I think it only puts out one flame (unless it does different amounts on different levels.) I was pretty unimpressed with it--seems like gold might be better spent on a bomb or diamond to combine with a blaster or something. Depends on the level, of course...if you have just one flame burning in a hard-to-reach spot, then the fire extinguisher boost would be perfect, lol! Btw, did you buy the boost during the round, or pre-start?

Good luck on 163!

Thanks,I will definitely check out the thread! How simple would it be to add a confirm? I have seen it on the bubble mania game. I just saw it said "removes fire from board" so I tried it(desperately wanted off 163) I honestly didn't even notice one flame removed. I bought the boost pre-start.

VGailP
08-18-13, 02:15 AM

Good luck on 163!

Btw I did click on the link. It won't allow me there..says I don't have permission to participate.

maguar
08-18-13, 03:00 AM
You'll find the link here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48631-Please-stop-stealing-my-gold)

Phaedrakiki
08-18-13, 02:46 PM
Btw I did click on the link. It won't allow me there..says I don't have permission to participate.

Yeah, I no longer have it either. I tried searching, the poll seems to have disappeared (doesn't come up in a search, either.) Hmmm... :confused:

Phaedrakiki
08-19-13, 01:52 AM
You'll find the link here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48631-Please-stop-stealing-my-gold)
Hi Maguar, thanks! That's the link to the Please stop stealing my gold (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?48631-Please-stop-stealing-my-gold) thread. The one that says we don't have permission to access is the one from my quote (in comment #40.)
The url is: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38283-Who-wants-a-CONFIRM-button/page26. It's a poll regarding a confirm button for spending gold (for all TL games, so it's not in Jewel Mania Discussion.) I'm sure of the url, so has it been moved or something? I've tried searching (the forum & google,) pasting the url into the browser (with & without page numbers,) etc. Hmmm... :confused:

Phaedrakiki
08-19-13, 03:57 AM
(...) I just saw it said "removes fire from board" so I tried it(desperately wanted off 163) I honestly didn't even notice one flame removed. I bought the boost pre-start.
This may be a dumb question, but did you press on the boost icon in the game? After you buy the boost (before or during the round,) it puts the boost icon in the lower right side of the board. Then you press on the boost's icon when you want to use it. If you have more than a few flames going, though, it would be hard to notice a single one going out! I'm sorry about your gold waste--it happens to me all the time. I've tried to train myself on timed levels to take my hands off the board a few seconds early if it's not looking promising, because I don't want to get robbed again. Though lately, I don't usually have enough to gold to steal anyway. I hate it when I finally win some challenge gold, only to have it accidentally spent on extra time...in a round I was nowhere near winning!

There are so many things wrong with the way they handle this problem. I've been posting about it for awhile, and started my own JM poll for a gold confirmation button, etc. But no one ever responds to these posts...makes me think they won't ever change it. There are too many people out there who keep buying the boosts and other stuff, so why would they change when they keep getting away with it? I'm guilty, too. I've bought extra time on a few levels that had me going crazy (I'd have done anything to get off them, lol!) Speaking of, I hope that you're done with 163. If not, I'm sending you good luck...we need to get you through that to cheer you up! :D

VGailP
08-19-13, 04:31 AM
This may be a dumb question, but did you press on the boost icon in the game? After you buy the boost (before or during the round,) it puts the boost icon in the lower right side of the board. Then you press on the boost's icon when you want to use it. If you have more than a few flames going, though, it would be hard to notice a single one going out! I'm sorry about your gold waste--it happens to me all the time. I've tried to train myself on timed levels to take my hands off the board a few seconds early if it's not looking promising, because I don't want to get robbed again. Though lately, I don't usually have enough to gold to steal anyway. I hate it when I finally win some challenge gold, only to have it accidentally spent on extra time...in a round I was nowhere near winning!

There are so many things wrong with the way they handle this problem. I've been posting about it for awhile, and started my own JM poll for a gold confirmation button, etc. But no one ever responds to these posts...makes me think they won't ever change it. There are too many people out there who keep buying the boosts and other stuff, so why would they change when they keep getting away with it? I'm guilty, too. I've bought extra time on a few levels that had me going crazy (I'd have done anything to get off them, lol!) Speaking of, I hope that you're done with 163. If not, I'm sending you good luck...we need to get you through that to cheer you up! :D

To be honest I cannot recall now if it was in the bottom corner or not. I just assumed when it said removes flames from board that it actually removed flameS,lol. I feel so incompetent on this island. I finally made it to level 165. You can see how long that has taken,ugh!
I certainly agree they don't seem to care or respond to posts that could use some response! I sent the email to support, took them days to even reply. I then got the "default" sync error reply. I sent a reply and after a couple more days got a reply back stating the issue was "solved". I replied again asking if they could at least inform me HOW it was solved,lol.
Yes people keep buying the ridiculously priced boosts now but I have a feeling it will at some point be where the money stops and people grow tired of them not caring. I am not buying the boosts and spending anymore money myself. It costs too much then to see it stolen,grrrr! Lol to think it is like 280,000 coins for one boost, or 30plus gold. I wouldn't mind paying so much if it was 10 gold or at least lasted thru more than one bad jewel energy.

VGailP
08-19-13, 05:56 PM
I can't believe it--I finally passed 166. I got lucky enough to combine a blaster + bomb, and then a diamond + blaster shortly afterwards. Thank God! That was my least favorite level thus far. No real strategy for this level. Just keep moving fast (to keep fire from spreading--hopefully extinguishing it instead.) And just make as many special jewels & combos as you can!

I'm taking a break before I start the next level because my hands are shaking. If you have a tough time on 166, don't give up. (I was close to doing that!) Hang in there, and you'll get lucky, too...eventually, lol! ;) Good luck~

Ugh of course I am stuck on 166, not sure I will ever get off this island. I hate it. I see the time was 2:20 when you were on it..now it is 1:10, crazy! I certainly won't spend money on a boost tho. I have had a time with the levels on this island..along with the shorter times. The game has ceased being enjoyable to me.

VGailP
08-19-13, 06:21 PM

If the time is ever increased back to the 2:30 I may try this level again someday. I just went thru all 5 energies within five minutes with the time only 1:10. If people were having such a hard time with the time over 2 minutes why would they change it to 1:10? Oops oh yeah..so people would spend money for boosts,lol. Thanks for all the replies..may play again sometime but for now..no more JM.

Phaedrakiki
08-19-13, 06:54 PM
(...) I just assumed when it said removes flames from board that it actually removed flameS,lol.(...) Ha! :) Yeah, "flames"--plural--would be nice!

I finally made it to level 165. (...) Woo-hoo! Congrats (& good riddance 163!!!) :D

I certainly agree they don't seem to care or respond to posts that could use some response! I sent the email to support, (...) got a reply back stating the issue was "solved". I replied again asking if they could at least inform me HOW it was solved,lol. (...)
LOL! Omg, it's like, "Solved...huh?" :confused:

I am not buying the boosts and spending anymore money myself. It costs too much then to see it stolen,grrrr! (...) I wouldn't mind paying so much if it was 10 gold or at least lasted thru more than one bad jewel energy.

Yep, I hear ya! I'll never buy a boost pre-start--you just never know what kind of board you'll get. Esp. on tough levels, you rarely even get close enough for the boost to matter. At those prices, they should last permanently on the level--if not that, at least through multiple rounds until you decide to use it. Usually the same boosts can be bought IN the game (for a higher cost, of course.) But I think it's actually cheaper to wait, and confirm you have a good board...then pay that higher price. (Imho, and in theory, lol!) I don't buy boosts, except on a couple (maybe it's 'a few' now) occasions where I just had to get off a timed level that was stressing me out/driving me bonkers. :p

Speaking of frustrating levels, congrats again that you moved past 163! :D Best of luck!

Phaedrakiki
08-19-13, 07:07 PM
Ugh of course I am stuck on 166, (...) I see the time was 2:20 when you were on it..now it is 1:10, crazy! (...)

If the time is ever increased back to the 2:30 I may try this level again someday. I just went thru all 5 energies within five minutes with the time only 1:10. If people were having such a hard time with the time over 2 minutes why would they change it to 1:10? (...) Thanks for all the replies..may play again sometime but for now..no more JM.

So sorry to hear about this. I didn't see your posts (I was writing the novel above, haha.) I don't understand their thinking on this, either. I had a similar situation on an island awhile back, where players had complained about short times/moves, but they had reduced them further by the time I got there. It's incredibly frustrating to struggle with impossible parameters. Like you said, it takes all the fun out of it. :(

Hope you enjoy a little break, but do come back! Hopefully they will fix the time on this quickly, so you can come back and conquer this level! Hope to see/hear from you soon! PM me too, if you want... :)

VGailP
08-22-13, 05:37 AM
So sorry to hear about this. I didn't see your posts (I was writing the novel above, haha.) I don't understand their thinking on this, either. I had a similar situation on an island awhile back, where players had complained about short times/moves, but they had reduced them further by the time I got there. It's incredibly frustrating to struggle with impossible parameters. Like you said, it takes all the fun out of it. :(

Hope you enjoy a little break, but do come back! Hopefully they will fix the time on this quickly, so you can come back and conquer this level! Hope to see/hear from you soon! PM me too, if you want... :)

Thanks again for your replies. I did enjoy the game,even the frustrating levels..until this island and the reduction of the time on the impossible boards. I was playing too much,lol. This level broke me. I have checked and the time hasn't been fixed. It isn't for me when it becomes so stressful and such a money racket. I tried a few times on 166 after my last post(just in case it could miraculously be beaten with 1:10). I lost 66 more gold when it was stolen at the end..and wasn't anywhere near close..even got 3 diamonds lol..and nothing to do with them but waste them. Enjoy the game and take care!

missmurph
01-22-14, 10:28 PM
164 is annoying the **** out of me

missmurph
01-25-14, 12:45 PM
166 I've tried it at least 10 times. Making me very andry

Phaedrakiki
01-25-14, 12:55 PM
164 is annoying the **** out of me

Glad to see you passed it! :D Did they increase the moves for you? I went back to check it out, see if the level had changed for the worse or something. But now I see they added moves, and made the windows smaller (yay! :D) Looked like a good "3-star attempt opportunity," lol...and it worked! So I'm even more happy you posted, spurring me to replay the level. I'm guessing someone saw your post and had mercy? ;)

Phaedrakiki
01-25-14, 01:12 PM
166 I've tried it at least 10 times. Making me very andry

On the other hand...
I totally sympathize with you on Level 166. I had a hard time back when I played it--and there was more time on the clock back then. (At the time,) it was my least favorite level ever. I don't understand why the timer's so low on this one...1:10 seems ridiculous for this level! They've had lots of complaints, so there must be a good reason for irritating/angering/frustrating their players (though I can't think what that could be! :confused:)

Anyway, I'm truly sorry. I hope you get a perfect, easy board that allows you to pass this very soon! May lots of diamond/blaster & blaster/bomb combos come your way! :)
Good luck!

qazmlpty
03-23-14, 10:33 AM
Angry, frustrated and ready to give up JM for good :(
Level 163 is sooooo not nice

mswonderwoman122
10-27-14, 09:13 PM
I do not enjoy the fire levels at all. I never did like digging anyway. Level 166 is a b.... The game is supposed to be fun. I understand now why people have stopped playing.