PDA

View Full Version : New Marketplace

salinho
05-03-13, 01:45 AM
So! I hope I'm not posting a duplicate of any thread, but I am quite excited about this!! :)
I installed a goal for gold in my main account, and when I went to purchase a bush, I was surprised to find it asked me for confirmation.
I was like, what? No way girl.

So I went and tested it on some dragons and... It seems now we have a confirmation in the new marketplace for iOS 1.4.

I am all set to jumping up and down over this! Only thing is - what if they decide to revert it back to the way it used to be, and we walk right into a gold trap? (Sort of like what happened with the new breeding/hatching timers and stopwatches).

Here is a pic for better understanding - this popped up when I tapped on a water dragon.

If this is here to stay, then it is a feature that benefits us players , and it really shows how they can listen to us. Just the other day I tapped on a dragon in the market, and was lucky enough my nests were busy...

salinho
05-03-13, 01:48 AM
Edit - seems like the same thing applies to the ALBUM!! If ya'll remember, tapping on a dragon in the album would immediatly shove them into our storage, whether our nests were clear or not.
Let's hope this isn't some sort of ploy. XD

kurebiz
05-03-13, 02:07 AM
Nice! This will be another thing that android can't or won't have (yet, or if at all) but I'm happy for you guys. I think you're the first to mention this, so not sure if everyone has it, or only some..

idestined
05-03-13, 02:09 AM
....I'm actually surprised in a good way. x3

salinho
05-03-13, 02:17 AM
Nice! This will be another thing that android can't or won't have (yet, or if at all) but I'm happy for you guys. I think you're the first to mention this, so not sure if everyone has it, or only some..

Aw. :( they could at least implement this new marketplace (or the confirmation feature!) to android... Because this is really nice, the way it is with the extra window. <3
I think this is for everyone with the 1.4 iOS version. Hope the extra window is available for us all.

salinho
05-03-13, 02:18 AM
I don't know why the thread title changed, but I originally had intended it to be "New Market - confirmation button?"
Could a gentle mod please assist me?

....I'm actually surprised in a good way. x3

Me too. :D unless they are messing with us and are going to set things back to how it was before. Lol.

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 03:05 AM
I think it depends on where you click - if I click on the info section it takes me to that popup but if I click on the main picture it says I don't have enough gold, I didn't want to test it for real with a dragon that I have enough gold to buy..... I think you still need to be very wary!!

doop01
05-03-13, 04:30 AM
Now THIS is a proper update!!! I don't have it but I don't care. It's about time they did something like this. This type of thing will only earn some trust that TL have been sorely lacking from us all. So many people refused to buy gold and basically give away their $ as it was. Well done. :)

salinho
05-03-13, 05:07 AM
I think it depends on where you click - if I click on the info section it takes me to that popup but if I click on the main picture it says I don't have enough gold, I didn't want to test it for real with a dragon that I have enough gold to buy..... I think you still need to be very wary!!
I did not click on the little (tiny, minuscule!!) info button, but on the dragon window, and that window popped up.... Even when i tap on a dragon that costs more than the gold i have, i still get an extra window for confirmation.
Are you on 1.4? Silly question i know, but... Maybe it's not the same for everyone. Maybe they are testing it?

Anyway, it's absolutely awesome that they did this!! Thank you!!

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 05:10 AM
I did not click on the little (tiny, minuscule!!) info button, but on the dragon window, and that window popped up.... Even when i tap on a dragon that costs more than the gold i have, i still get an extra window for confirmation.
Are you on 1.4? Silly question i know, but... Maybe it's not the same for everyone. Maybe they are testing it?

Anyway, it's absolutely awesome that they did this!! Thank you!!

I do have 1.4 and I think you maybe right that it is not the same for everyone which is dangerous if someone see this thread and thinks they can safely click the picture and they buy a dragon.

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 05:14 AM
Pictures of clicking Saturn dragon. Info button and main picture

salinho
05-03-13, 05:17 AM
I do have 1.4 and I think you maybe right that it is not the same for everyone which is dangerous if someone see this thread and thinks they can safely click the picture and they buy a dragon.

You're right!! Not only that, i am afraid this will somehow revert,... :/ very strange. But typical of them. They must be testing.

bububello
05-03-13, 05:41 AM
Too late for me. Lost yesterday 1500 gold looking for info in market. I'm pretty happy that this can't happen no more to others players. And TL is not going to refund me my lost gold. AMEN

salinho
05-03-13, 05:48 AM
Too late for me. Lost yesterday 1500 gold looking for info in market. I'm pretty happy that this can't happen no more to others players. And TL is not going to refund me my lost gold. AMEN

That's very sad.. :(

RotomGuy
05-03-13, 09:17 AM

I lost 410 through a stupid bug but 1500 is painful :0

carlsbad69
05-03-13, 02:27 PM

What happens if you try to buy something 'cheap' like the Dragon Stable? I know speeding up breeding doesn't get any kind of confirmation, but at least if my nests are full and I buy say a fire dragon, I get a message saying my nests are full instead of it going directly to storage. but if I buy a fire dragon with an empty nest, I've bought it and it gets placed in the nest...Don't know if it would do the same thing with a dragon that costs gold or not/

Anyone else have further feedback? What about you Android users? Do you get some sort of confirmation when accidentally buying a dragon? Seems that should be a server side issue and thus the same for everyone...but I've been wrong before.

carlsbad69
05-03-13, 02:29 PM
Maybe try it with a cheap dragon like a life dragon or firestorm that are only 50 gold to purchase...if someone doesn't mind potentially loosing 50 gold.

salinho
05-03-13, 02:32 PM
Maybe try it with a cheap dragon like a life dragon or firestorm that are only 50 gold to purchase...if someone doesn't mind potentially loosing 50 gold.

Just try with coins, it's the same principle.

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 02:35 PM
What happens if you try to buy something 'cheap' like the Dragon Stable?

For buying buildings on mine it goes straight to trying to place it

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-03-13, 02:36 PM
I tried with forest..... it went straight into my nest. I'm too scared to try with gold lol. I'm still scarred from my very first fruitful purchase.

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 02:41 PM
Just try with coins, it's the same principle.

Good idea!! Just tried buying a fire dragon with an empty nest and it does have the extra screen there. Yipppeeeee!!

Sorry for the panic everyone. *embarrasssd*

This is great.. thanks TL!!!

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 02:42 PM
I tried with forest..... it went straight into my nest. I'm too scared to try with gold lol. I'm still scarred from my very first fruitful purchase.

Are you on version 1.4?

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-03-13, 02:43 PM
Are you on version 1.4?

Yup...

kwhales
05-03-13, 02:44 PM

I just tried to purchase a blue hedge for two gold. It asked 'buy now'. Clicked on it and it went to my island and again I had the chance to cancel it if I wanted to, which I did.

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 02:46 PM
Yup...

Have you got this market?

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 02:47 PM
I just tried to purchase a blue hedge for two gold. It asked 'buy now'. Clicked on it and it went to my island and again I had the chance to cancel it if I wanted to, which I did.

What happens when you try to buy a fire dragon with an empty nest?

DragonTan1
05-03-13, 02:59 PM

It's always been like that lol

What happens when you try to buy a fire dragon with an empty nest?

A fire dragon will be in the nest...

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 03:04 PM
It's always been like that lol

A fire dragon will be in the nest...

Or not .... Mine now goes to this screen

DragonTan1
05-03-13, 03:12 PM
Or not .... Mine now goes to this screen

So does mine, if you hit the 'i' icon....

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 03:15 PM
So does mine, if you hit the 'i' icon....

Mine does it anywhere

DragonTan1
05-03-13, 03:18 PM
Mine does it anywhere

Congrats! Looks like you were selected for the confirmation button test beta!

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 03:22 PM
Congrats! Looks like you were selected for the confirmation button test beta!

Hopefully the test is short and goes out to everyone REAL soon!!

dapplefur
05-03-13, 03:59 PM
Mine does it anywhere

Mine too

midnightmeerkat
05-03-13, 04:11 PM
Mine too

Cool eh?

Baraze
05-03-13, 04:45 PM
Hey! I got the confirm button beta thingy too. I took the plunge and pushed a gold dragon and it didnt to right to my nest or storage. Tres cool. But won't be trying that again. Because what TL giveth, they taketh away. Boo!

salinho
05-03-13, 05:01 PM
Hey! I got the confirm button beta thingy too. I took the plunge and pushed a gold dragon and it didnt to right to my nest or storage. Tres cool. But won't be trying that again. Because what TL giveth, they taketh away. Boo!

Exactly my fear. :p

kurebiz
05-03-13, 07:10 PM
Anyone else have further feedback? What about you Android users? Do you get some sort of confirmation when accidentally buying a dragon? Seems that should be a server side issue and thus the same for everyone...but I've been wrong before.

Android doesn't have this new layout so no, we don't have this. While you guys are at version 1.4, we're at 1.0.7.4 (I think). Clicking on a dragon with empty nest = dragon goes straight to nest. Tried it yesterday with a fire dragon when I saw this thread.