PDA

View Full Version : Best source(s) of Skunkupines?

Putrlady
05-02-13, 03:59 PM
I have certain areas in my kingdom that I can count on to regularly supply me with Fangbeasts and Glimmer Trolls, but I have a really hard time getting Skunkupines or even Lovecupines which I need for rat tails. I know they should be in areas "nature" related but everything I setup gives me very poor results.

marrrina
05-02-13, 04:51 PM
Flowers, corn, tomato, wheat, sugar cane

vchanhs
05-02-13, 05:27 PM
I get tons of them from sugar canes and you need tons of sugar canes.

bowlfullofcherries
05-02-13, 05:38 PM
I just got a fangbeast (after many moons) that didn't drop any fur- does this HAPPEN?!

vchanhs
05-02-13, 06:15 PM
I just got a fangbeast (after many moons) that didn't drop any fur- does this HAPPEN?!

Once in a blue moon, yes. Now I wishing for more trolls. I finish using all my troll horns.

olcastle
05-02-13, 07:09 PM
you need tons of sugar canes.

Just wondering how do you know that.

Putrlady
05-02-13, 07:18 PM
I've found the further I progress through the game the more things change. Currently (level 30) about 75% of the time the fangbeast only drops bone and creep tooth. I'm usually limited out on those two items while I'm forever trying to get more furs.

vchanhs
05-02-13, 08:02 PM
Just wondering how do you know that.

If you are doing the desert adventure, you need a lot of sugar. And if you are doing delicious trade, you need sugar too. With each sugar worth 5 sugar canes, you will need to plant a lot of sugar canes. And sugar canes trigger the skunkupines a lot. I have 5 pink animals too and they trigger lovecupines a lot.

olcastle
05-02-13, 08:18 PM
If you are doing the desert adventure, you need a lot of sugar. And if you are doing delicious trade, you need sugar too. With each sugar worth 5 sugar canes, you will need to plant a lot of sugar canes. And sugar canes trigger the skunkupines a lot. I have 5 pink animals too and they trigger lovecupines a lot.

Right, so how do you know Putrlady is doing desert adventures or delicious trades?

Putrlady
05-02-13, 09:23 PM
Right, so how do you know Putrlady is doing desert adventures or delicious trades?
I am doing desert adventures, etc however I was limited out on both sugar and sugar cane and haven't planted any for quite awhile. I've used a lot of the sugar, so am madly converting cane to sugar and have planted some new cane to see what happens. Thanks so much

AmeliaDashwood
05-02-13, 10:20 PM
Last few days, I've dispatched around half a dozen fangbeasts, and absolutely NO furs from them...so frustrating, as I'm trying to build an amphitheatre and suddenly my supply has dried up! Skunkupines are also proving elusive...such are the ebbs and flows of this game I guess!

bowlfullofcherries
05-02-13, 11:28 PM
My fangbeasts are furless as well. I'm... not happy. They're plenty hard enough to find, now we get them without receiving what we really need. Doesn't that just make them a nuisance? A nuisance that eats away energy.

Actually, I'm unsatisfied with a lot of the in-game changes. It's like, give me a break, y'know? Do you want this to be fun or frustrating? I don't need easy, but reasonable would be nice.

Putrlady
05-03-13, 12:19 AM
Last few days, I've dispatched around half a dozen fangbeasts, and absolutely NO furs from them...so frustrating, as I'm trying to build an amphitheatre and suddenly my supply has dried up! Skunkupines are also proving elusive...such are the ebbs and flows of this game I guess!

Since I posted earlier indicating about 25% of the results from a Fanfbeast giving fur, iVe encountered 6 Fangbeasts without even one fur and that is what I'm looking for in addition to rats tails from the original post in this thread. I've planted and harvested about 60sugar cane plants at intervals of 15-18 at a time using a lot of energy and got one rat tail out of it. I also got 3 Fangbeasts in the area none of which provided any fur. When I get frustrated I purchase a bunch of gems to convert to energy so I have the resources to proceed without waiting for days or months. recently I'm beginning to think TeamLava wants it to take weeks or months so I'Ve decided to quit giving them my money since I don't seem to be getting anything in return except frustration and I can get that for free.

wassupbaby
05-03-13, 01:33 AM
I got fur all the time , sometimes even 2 fur from 1 monster :| i guess because i have the 2nd shard :S

Putrlady
05-03-13, 02:12 AM
I got fur all the time , sometimes even 2 fur from 1 monster :| i guess because i have the 2nd shard :S

I only have the first shard and got that a couple of weeks ago. I actually set an alarm to notify me when the stone is ready to see if the next shard appears but nothing yet. Again I.m not very patient and since it seems that when you are in a holding pattern and at the mercy of luck or the TeamLava programers and the desired items become more and more difficult to obtain during that period, I'm more convinced not to give them any more of my money. I'm more than happy to monetarily support a program that I enjoy, this game seems to have reached the point that it is no longer enjoyable for me.

wassupbaby
05-03-13, 02:48 AM
Take it easy , you dont have to buy gems to enjoy the game. I bought gems twice, the first time i bought just because i want to support CS , and lately i bought gems to buy wizard schools. That's all. I've waited over 2 months for an alicorn , months for all 4 shards and others rare things. Alots of things in CS are based on luck so you have to be patient and wait for your turn. In the meantime , i suggest not to think about it much , try to focus on sth else ... redecorate kingdom ...

maguar
05-03-13, 02:48 AM
This is the link (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=583018&viewfull=1#post583018) to the "How do I trigger skunkupines?" section of the FAQ.

You'll also find discussion on them in this main thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49905-Skunkupines-are-going-extinct).