PDA

View Full Version : Push Notifications

Astarte
05-23-10, 10:21 AM
I have all my push notifications turned on - for crops ready, etc, but I'm not getting any notifications at all. Does this feature actually exist or does it just claim to do something but not actually deliver?

sinning
05-23-10, 10:22 AM
Yes the feature exists. I've been getting my push notifications.

morkhans
05-23-10, 10:58 PM
I have not been getting push notifications either as has one of my friends.

Unregistered
05-24-10, 05:56 AM
So it would appear that the push notification are sporadic. I have received notifications for wheat and carrots that were ready for harvesting, but not for strawberries, trees or cows.

d3lphi
05-24-10, 09:45 AM
+1 no notifications

Daisychain
05-25-10, 04:15 PM
I'm the same I have all the notifications set to yes just never receive any! Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I don't want to have to delete and reload the app, I hope this isn't the only way.

Lonestar
05-25-10, 10:57 PM
Had this problem, make sure of course they are turned on in the game settings. Then you need to go to your iPod settings, click on notifications and then select the farm game. Turn on the alerts you wish to have on from there. - lonestar. (lonestar8042)

Unregistered
05-25-10, 11:47 PM
Had this problem, make sure of course they are turned on in the game settings. Then you need to go to your iPod settings, click on notifications and then select the farm game. Turn on the alerts you wish to have on from there. - lonestar. (lonestar8042)

I also was not receiving notifications on my iPhone. Followed the steps above and am now receiving notifications without a problem. Thanks lonestar for the fix.

Farmer Elle

Suniet19
05-31-10, 07:54 AM
I used to receive the push notifications fine before yesterday, but I'm not sure why it's different now. I just started to use them a few days ago, can't remember exactly when it worked or didn't work.

Now it just gives me a notification when the cranberries are about to wither (not when you can collect them), nothing with the strawberries but it works fine with broccoli. Nothing with the animals or when I received a message either.

Can someone tell us how and when they should give you a notification? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered
06-07-10, 11:58 PM
Can someone tell us how and when they should give you a notification? Thanks in advance!

Mine are also sporadic. I used to get crop ready, now I think I only get 'comments in your profile' type notifications. I would like to know what should be expected. Ex: How quickly after a crop is 'ripe' will I be notified that it is ready to collect?

BlueSheep
06-08-10, 07:15 AM
(This post is purely what i have gathered in thought concerning iPod version with wireless internet only)

I receive 100% of push notifications from crops ready to be harvested and new comments on my wall, why? very simply put, i'm connected to the internet, at this moment you may ask "but i do have internet, i log on fine" not always i should say :D

I will attempt to explain my theory----> when your iPod is set to sleep after a few seconds/minute it automatically turns off the wireless functionality to save power (quite rightly too) however all push notifications require an active signal from the app to it's home (host) server, hence, when your iPod is in sleep mode, no internet activity = no communication with any online app=no notification, the only exception to this i would *guess* would be turning your ipod back on and being informed your crops have withered -possibly a 'qued' notification, like a calendar that informs you you have missed an event that had already taken place (local stored apps like reminders would still work) the settings i have been using will probably solve most (if not all) of everyone's problems above, the default ipod setting to check mail is manually i.e. requires you to open the mailbox app to check mail, simply go into it's settings and set it to regularly check mail every hour (or whatever else preference) this forces your iPod to quietly connect to the internet on the hour every hour to check mail (whilst the display is still turned off) at that very moment it connects, Farm Story *should* kick in and send a notification of any crops ready or wall comments, when a notification comes through it will bring the ipod out of sleep and turn on the screen for a few seconds (locked) then go back to sleep/black screen, when you come back you will still have the notification displayed. -does use "more battery".

summary: app needs internet connection, set mail settings to conenct every hour.

*again* i point out, this works for me and has always worked for me for any app, so if it doesnt work, doesnt help or you already had the above setting and theres no difference, then might be the game's server loads etc. but if it did work, let me know/give your thanks because this took quite a while to type. :p

p.s. no notifications for animals, and notifications for water (in menu) means the system generats comments on your profile "___ watered your farm" only.