PDA

View Full Version : 120 trade tickets?!

ashleighncurrie
05-01-13, 01:39 PM
So to expand to the newer expansions plots you need a total of 120 trade tickets (30 for each permit). I think an exchange with a shorter time would be really useful. I know the game is a progressive thing and I will carry on making apple pies, lemonade blah blah blah to exchange for trade tickets but something that takes 30 minutes would be nice. Maybe a water trade as I seem to always be maxed out on that what with the ponds giving me 2 each time. Am I the only one thinking this? Lol

catcrack
05-01-13, 02:46 PM
How would you suggest they handle those that have already spent those trade tickets in expantion? Issue a refund?

hmgdanielson
05-01-13, 03:38 PM
Why do they have to pay people back for what they already spent? How many stores give you your money back when the item you just purchased is marked down the week after you bought it?

I really want to like the concept of the Royal Exchange, but tickets are so time consuming and require so much attention to obtain that it feels like more of a distraction from the quests that sucks away time and effort - and I don't have mine running full time (I can't. It's impossible). Having a cheaper and faster trade route would help, I think. As much as I love the game, I have felt much more like I'm slogging through it with the Exchange in play. :(

marrrina
05-01-13, 04:14 PM
I would love a shorter exchange. An exclusive water exchange probably won't fly.. maybe a flower bouquet exchange that uses petals and water. I would love to get a tinker camp but I feel like it'll take me ages to get that many trade tickets. I would rather use them on expanding first. Also having shorter and easier options would make it easier to do the exchanges that reward you building parts. I know they go on and on about how they want the games to have longevity, but Castle Story is more work than any of the other stories I play. That's not a complaint, I think it's great. And that's why I don't think shorter exchanges would ruin the game's longevity.

bowlfullofcherries
05-01-13, 04:19 PM
I'd love to trade money for trade tickets.

vchanhs
05-01-13, 06:05 PM
Why do they have to pay people back for what they already spent? How many stores give you your money back when the item you just purchased is marked down the week after you bought it?

I really want to like the concept of the Royal Exchange, but tickets are so time consuming and require so much attention to obtain that it feels like more of a distraction from the quests that sucks away time and effort - and I don't have mine running full time (I can't. It's impossible). Having a cheaper and faster trade route would help, I think. As much as I love the game, I have felt much more like I'm slogging through it with the Exchange in play. :(

It doesn't make sense. If you already can't keep up with the exchange with its long trading time, what's make you think can can keep the exchange going with a shorter trade time give the limitation in energy?

I think the exchange is fine as it is. Do it when you have extra. As they always say, "don't force a trade".

catcrack
05-01-13, 06:23 PM
It doesn't make sense. If you already can't keep up with the exchange with its long trading time, what's make you think can can keep the exchange going with a shorter trade time give the limitation in energy?

I think the exchange is fine as it is. Do it when you have extra. As they always say, "don't force a trade".
I agree. It's not impossible either, I have several neighbors that finished it in a couple of days. Looking at it from another angle, maybe they should raise the number of tickets, as an incentive to get it done. After all, cost if living increases and all, prices are alway going up.

bowlfullofcherries
05-01-13, 06:30 PM
It's kind of like rewards airlines give with so many miles flown.

blondiellie
05-01-13, 06:49 PM

I understand the purpose of the long-term goals is to keep things interesting, but I literally do nothing anymore except for collect to make sure I am ready for the next trade. I wish they would consider keeping the lower level trades (like the fruit and monster one) so that we can still do those and keep up with everything. It is taking all of my effort to trade and keep searching for the stupid alicorn such that I cannot complete any of the other quests or upgrade any of my buildings. It's just a little frustrating that this is what my game has been reduced to :-(

hmgdanielson
05-01-13, 11:01 PM

Energy isn't my limitation. Time is my limitation. Time for X to grow. Time for Y to be made. In addition to all the quests and stuff... I guess I wasn't clear about things being "time consuming" - I wasn't referring to the time it takes a trade to complete. I was talking about the time it takes before you can hit the Craft button.

wassupbaby
05-02-13, 01:22 AM
Energy isn't my limitation. Time is my limitation. Time for X to grow. Time for Y to be made. In addition to all the quests and stuff... I guess I wasn't clear about things being "time consuming" - I wasn't referring to the time it takes a trade to complete. I was talking about the time it takes before you can hit the Craft button.

Enery isnt your limitation ?? Wow . Then do the dairy exchange . It requires only eggs and milk. Collection time for cow is 10 minutes and for chicken is 30. i think it's not very time-consuming.You dont need to grow or make anything , and you can do it every 2 hrs.

ashleighncurrie
05-02-13, 02:48 AM
How would you suggest they handle those that have already spent those trade tickets in expantion? Issue a refund?

It's not just about the expansion permits though, you need them to upgrade buildings like the royal manor. I haven't yet upgraded to level 2 in the royal manor but I know it needs 10 tickets. What the number is after that I don't know. Then another 120 for the expansions. 99 for the tinker camp. I like marrrina's idea of a flower bouquet trade because petals and water I find I don't use. I don't craft ink for the fun of stocking up because I don't see the point. I love the game and am not in anyway putting it down but a nice short trade will be good everyone. Whether you've expanded, got the tinker camp or whatever. It will still help in the long run as I'm sure TL will bring out updates where we'll need more trade tickets.

vchanhs
05-02-13, 03:19 AM
It's not just about the expansion permits though, you need them to upgrade buildings like the royal manor. I haven't yet upgraded to level 2 in the royal manor but I know it needs 10 tickets. What the number is after that I don't know. Then another 120 for the expansions. 99 for the tinker camp. I like marrrina's idea of a flower bouquet trade because petals and water I find I don't use. I don't craft ink for the fun of stocking up because I don't see the point. I love the game and am not in anyway putting it down but a nice short trade will be good everyone. Whether you've expanded, got the tinker camp or whatever. It will still help in the long run as I'm sure TL will bring out updates where we'll need more trade tickets.

Royal manor doesn't need tickets. Royal chateau does. Try to put your focus elsewhere. Two days after the Sabina updates, I stop working hard for the exchange. But in less than a week, I already have 16 tickets. Another 3 trades are in the queue.

My point is, if you find something in the game that is not as fun as your expectation, try to focus on the parts that are fun. I hate to visit people to tip for just 10 energy per day. After a while, I stop tipping altogether because it is not fun to me.

ashleighncurrie
05-02-13, 04:13 AM
Royal manor doesn't need tickets. Royal chateau does. Try to put your focus elsewhere. Two days after the Sabina updates, I stop working hard for the exchange. But in less than a week, I already have 16 tickets. Another 3 trades are in the queue.

My point is, if you find something in the game that is not as fun as your expectation, try to focus on the parts that are fun. I hate to visit people to tip for just 10 energy per day. After a while, I stop tipping altogether because it is not fun to me.

I never said I didn't find it fun. I just feel that a shorter trade will benefit everyone and is something else new that can be added to the game. And I mean the royal chateau obviously.

Cesar49
05-02-13, 05:43 AM
I love marrrina's idea of a water/petal trade. I'm continually maxed out on water and petals, even though I don't have any flowers on display and often make extra dyes just to use some water up! I think 2 hours is fine for the milk/eggs exchange - my animals have never had so much attention! It would have been nice to keep some of the lower level fruit and monster exchanges though. I was maxed out on magic fruit but only have one exchange left with them then will have to wait another week to replenish stocks.

wassupbaby
05-02-13, 07:38 AM
I love marrrina's idea of a water/petal trade. I'm continually maxed out on water and petals, even though I don't have any flowers on display and often make extra dyes just to use some water up! I think 2 hours is fine for the milk/eggs exchange - my animals have never had so much attention! It would have been nice to keep some of the lower level fruit and monster exchanges though. I was maxed out on magic fruit but only have one exchange left with them then will have to wait another week to replenish stocks.

This's exactly what i talked about magic fruit issue a month ago. Even if you have 99 magic fruit , sooner or later you're gonna running out of it and when you do , you have to wait a week for a magic fruit trade . We've complained about it but nothing changed. Therefore i keep avoiding magic garden.

blurbie
05-02-13, 11:55 AM
I work hard to keep my knight adventures and trades going at all times. This means the kitchen is also going, crops and animals are regularly collected, and monsters are constantly popping up too. But monsters are in several trades and they give energy back once I got that shard.

The trade tickets sound hard right now, but once you get the Tinker camp, it will go very quickly. I remember how long we waited with no new expansions. And before that, remember how impossible it felt to need 20 lanterns for an expansion? I am glad we have something to work on! Once these are all accomplished we will run out of things to do.

Yes, I also want a sea trade! A port building that trades goods coming in and going out! And guards I can feed pies and ice creams so they will prevent the horrid Baron from trying to collect import and export fees. I just hate that guy, and he's always interfering.

hmgdanielson
05-02-13, 03:57 PM
The trade tickets sound hard right now, but once you get the Tinker camp, it will go very quickly.

??

Why is this?

marrrina
05-02-13, 04:55 PM

Thanks ^_^ I haven't had to make dyes in ages and usually don't bother making them for the sake of it, so I'm maxed out on just about every flower color. It'd be great to be able to get rid of them some way or another! I think it sounds like something Ivy would love to initiate :)

AmeliaDashwood
05-02-13, 10:27 PM
I love the flower trade idea too! And yes it suits Ivy perfectly! As for the water trade...now our intrepid knights are exploring the desert sands, maybe they will encounter some desert-dwelling peoples that would love to trade for barrels of lovely fresh water...I realise that's too easy, something else would have to be included...maybe fresh veges or fish...could be fun!

vchanhs
05-02-13, 10:53 PM
I love the flower trade idea too! And yes it suits Ivy perfectly! As for the water trade...now our intrepid knights are exploring the desert sands, maybe they will encounter some desert-dwelling peoples that would love to trade for barrels of lovely fresh water...I realise that's too easy, something else would have to be included...maybe fresh veges or fish...could be fun!

Omg....no more fish please, I am having serious shortage of fish.

cityfan
05-03-13, 10:56 AM
I love the idea of a flower trade too. And yes, more uses for kitchen items.

jessicaloua423
05-04-13, 10:03 AM
Flower and water or even ink trade would be good... Need to do something with all those petals!!!

wassupbaby
05-04-13, 10:37 AM
Guys , let's say we have "flower" trade and each trade takes 30 petals. After 3 trades , you're gonna run out pf petals. Do you think it's good idea tending flowers just for trade ? Hell no , i'd rather harvest crops or collect milk and egg , at least if i dont want to trade , i could make some food out of it. Besides, there's many goals require petals( the latest requires 40 red and 40 blue petals) and some buildings also require petals to upgrade. So no , i dont want flower trade, and water trade is too good to be true :|

ashleighncurrie
05-04-13, 11:24 AM
When there isn't anything else to do, and we're waiting for an update, then collecting petals for a potential trade is something to do. It's each to their own really. And if it was brought in there's nothing saying it has to be completed. It'll just be a way to not stock pile and then race through the next update lol it did my head in when there wasn't anything to do and we were all waiting for the update lol

CottageRose
05-04-13, 01:48 PM
Yes, that sounds fine if it's not required to do something else. But the minute it becomes required, then it becomes a problem. Just like now... Do I need milk and eggs to trade for a permit, or do I need them for ice cream for the desert adventure sweet feast? Very frustrating when you need both.

Worse... 20 silver for the tray or 30 silver for the 5 light armor (plus misc. supplies for all)? I don't see how anyone collects 50 silver a day, plus harvests strawberries, and makes the ice cream and chocolate for royal sundaes, which of course require cocoa beans, milk, eggs, sugar and whatever else I can't remember at the moment. Best I think I can do is maybe every 2nd or 3rd day, if the stars align with the moon and Jupiter.

Someone posted recently another example of this dilemma at an earlier point in the game, if i recall the details correctly, use magic fruit for trade permit to collect 30 permits for one expansion, or collect 20 fruit for purple cow? If you use in trade, then you are delayed on the cow - and vice versa. Fortunately, that is a one time thing for the cow - not so much for ongoing demands for trade permits conflicting with various quests. Oh well...

midnightmeerkat
05-04-13, 01:50 PM
Thanks ^_^ I haven't had to make dyes in ages and usually don't bother making them for the sake of it, so I'm maxed out on just about every flower color. It'd be great to be able to get rid of them some way or another! I think it sounds like something Ivy would love to initiate :)

These are 2 great ideas, I love the idea of more trades ... The royal exchange is my favourite building.

midnightmeerkat
05-04-13, 02:00 PM
Yes, that sounds fine if it's not required to do something else. But the minute it becomes required, then it becomes a problem. Just like now... Do I need milk and eggs to trade for a permit, or do I need them for ice cream for the desert adventure sweet feast? Very frustrating when you need both.

Worse... 20 silver for the tray or 30 silver for the 5 light armor (plus misc. supplies for all)? I don't see how anyone collects 50 silver a day, plus harvests strawberries, and makes the ice cream and chocolate for royal sundaes, which of course require cocoa beans, milk, eggs, sugar and whatever else I can't remember at the moment. Best I think I can do is maybe every 2nd or 3rd day, if the stars align with the moon and Jupiter.

Someone posted recently another example of this dilemma at an earlier point in the game, if i recall the details correctly, use magic fruit for trade permit to collect 30 permits for one expansion, or collect 20 fruit for purple cow? If you use in trade, then you are delayed on the cow - and vice versa. Fortunately, that is a one time thing for the cow - not so much for ongoing demands for trade permits conflicting with various quests. Oh well...

How I see it is that more trades will give you the option to reduce overstock... You don't need to do it if you are not overstocked on the item, if its a problem do another trade....

It is all about prioritising and not trying to do everything at once.

midnightmeerkat
05-04-13, 02:05 PM
Guys , let's say we have "flower" trade and each trade takes 30 petals. After 3 trades , you're gonna run out pf petals. Do you think it's good idea tending flowers just for trade ? Hell no , i'd rather harvest crops or collect milk and egg , at least if i dont want to trade , i could make some food out of it. Besides, there's many goals require petals( the latest requires 40 red and 40 blue petals) and some buildings also require petals to upgrade. So no , i dont want flower trade, and water trade is too good to be true :|

I like the idea of more options..... With the purple cow giving glimmer bulbs, purple dye and purple petals I am always maxed on these as well as water, it would be good to have additional trades that you could do when you do have an overstock....if you are not overstocked just don't do it.... And if we are waiting for an update it could keep us busy....

sdwombat
05-04-13, 02:29 PM

I had a good giggle over the stars aligning with the moon & Jupiter statement. I feel that exact way about a lot of things in Castle Story, actually!

hmgdanielson
05-04-13, 05:27 PM
How I see it is that more trades will give you the option to reduce overstock... You don't need to do it if you are not overstocked on the item, if its a problem do another trade....

I would totally agree with this statement except for the fact that trade tickets are now required for expansions. I think it's good that if you want the quest lines, you don't need the expansion permits. But if you're someone who wants/needs more space, then the overstock reduction options turn into a requirement. It is exactly that moment when the Royal Exchange becomes unfun.

midnightmeerkat
05-04-13, 06:23 PM
I would totally agree with this statement except for the fact that trade tickets are now required for expansions. I think it's good that if you want the quest lines, you don't need the expansion permits. But if you're someone who wants/needs more space, then the overstock reduction options turn into a requirement. It is exactly that moment when the Royal Exchange becomes unfun.

All I'm saying is that putting more trades into the royal exchange would be a good idea, it will give you more options to choose from depending on what you want to collect/harvest or would help to reduce what you are overstocked on.....
The expansions that require trade tickets would have been deliberately done that way to keep the players who are moving ahead fast challenged (those who keep head of the updates). It is meant to be a challenge.

wassupbaby
05-05-13, 01:19 AM
I like the idea of more options..... With the purple cow giving glimmer bulbs, purple dye and purple petals I am always maxed on these as well as water, it would be good to have additional trades that you could do when you do have an overstock....if you are not overstocked just don't do it.... And if we are waiting for an update it could keep us busy....

Maybe you're right. More options wouldnt hurt , but i hardly think they'll listen to us :) ok we'll see.

midnightmeerkat
05-05-13, 01:29 AM
When there isn't anything else to do, and we're waiting for an update, then collecting petals for a potential trade is something to do. It's each to their own really. And if it was brought in there's nothing saying it has to be completed. It'll just be a way to not stock pile and then race through the next update lol it did my head in when there wasn't anything to do and we were all waiting for the update lol
Me too!!!. Lol

midnightmeerkat
05-05-13, 01:35 AM
Yes, I also want a sea trade! A port building that trades goods coming in and going out! And guards I can feed pies and ice creams so they will prevent the horrid Baron from trying to collect import and export fees. I just hate that guy, and he's always interfering.

Maybe you're right. More options wouldnt hurt , but i hardly think they'll listen to us :) ok we'll see.
Even if it is a separate building with different trades, like blurbie's idea, would be good!

babman
05-13-13, 02:27 AM
- and I don't have mine running full time (I can't. It's impossible). (

I have np to run my exchange at full time. With abit of planning its easy to do. Before the exchange ppl moaned about having nothing to do in the game. Now with lots of things to achieve i still hear cry, but now ppl want to finish everything yesterday instead. Human mankind never is satisfied...

rub1x
05-13-13, 06:46 AM
What ever happened with the push for allowing the pre-upgraded trades back into the Royal Exchange? I'd still like to be able to make those trades, but they've been replaced by more expensive ones...

joylogan
05-16-13, 09:46 AM
time for tickets is very long and somewhat difficult, I think the same should include water, as is always the maximum

catcrack
05-16-13, 01:38 PM
To put things in perspective, the 120 exchange tickets was nothing compared to the 140 Spellbooks need to upgrade 2 Wizard Schools from level 4 to 5.

(=^ェ^=)

angela3737
05-16-13, 08:40 PM
I think they should change the amount of tickets you get to correspond to the hours ..maybe every 2 hr you get 1.. So for the 8 hr trade you get 4.. 4 hour trade you get 2 ..

vchanhs
05-16-13, 09:37 PM
I disagree. I still need 120 tickets to get everything (tinker camp, level 5 chateau, 4 permits) so I am not there yet. But I am also not focusing on getting tickets either and is already more than half done. I know there are people who focus on it, avoid upgrading fruit trade and has already completed everything and just storing up tickets.

I think the current exchange is good as it keep people entertained while waiting for new updates. But if TL increase the tickets drop, very soon people will run out of things to do.

bbarra
05-17-13, 01:30 AM
So to expand to the newer expansions plots you need a total of 120 trade tickets (30 for each permit). I think an exchange with a shorter time would be really useful. I know the game is a progressive thing and I will carry on making apple pies, lemonade blah blah blah to exchange for trade tickets but something that takes 30 minutes would be nice. Maybe a water trade as I seem to always be maxed out on that what with the ponds giving me 2 each time. Am I the only one thinking this? Lol
Why spend the effort on pies and lemonade for an 8 hour trade to get one gem? Doesn't seem worth it to me so I must be missing something. I've only done dairy and meat trades during the day and belladonna at night. With only 30 energy I can't keep up harvesting and tending 9 cows and 5 chickens.

hmgdanielson
05-17-13, 10:49 AM
Why spend the effort on pies and lemonade for an 8 hour trade to get one gem?

Because you don't spend real money buying gems in the game, so the fact that you can generate them from nowhere is awesome? Because doing a longer trade gives you some breathing room in the collection cycle so you can accomplish other goals besides making sure you have enough eggs?

RotomGuy
05-17-13, 10:50 AM
Because you don't spend real money buying gems in the game, so the fact that you can generate them from nowhere is awesome? Because doing a longer trade gives you some breathing room in the collection cycle so you can accomplish other goals besides making sure you have enough eggs?

And plus, if you have the trees, crafting them isn't very hard at all.

Skreags
05-17-13, 12:03 PM
All I'm saying is that putting more trades into the royal exchange would be a good idea, it will give you more options to choose from depending on what you want to collect/harvest or would help to reduce what you are overstocked on.....
The expansions that require trade tickets would have been deliberately done that way to keep the players who are moving ahead fast challenged (those who keep head of the updates). It is meant to be a challenge.

I agree completely with you. I love doing exchanges and while it seems cyclical for me...I'll have 3 in queue and then a day or so with none ready to go...I still find them fun. More trade options would be interesting! Who doesn't like options?! I'm on the water dump train too hehe

Sonflower77
07-14-13, 01:02 PM
Just listen to us! "We love this & we hate that! We wish this & we wish that! Why doesn't Team Lava do this or that!"

There's not much argument from me, I love the game, also! To hear everyone rattle on & on about the game is hilarious & i am one of the crowd! ��