PDA

View Full Version : "Fake" Tippers - anyone seen this?

esmeto
05-01-13, 08:27 AM
So a few minutes ago I checked on my restaurant and noticed I had 4 tables with tips on them; the rest were all clear. This struck me as odd because you can leave 3 tips or 6 tips. Checking my News, I saw a recent tip from a guest not on my friends list, which probably accounted for the 3 that were in a row on one of my sections. The 4th tip was on the other side of the restaurant, all by itself. There is no way to tell who did that, of course, and the News does not accurately capture every person who tips the restaurant.

I just find it odd - who does that? This is not the first time I have had an odd number of tips, and it is always off by 1, which means, as far as I can tell, someone is dropping by and leaving 1 tip. Why? What are they gaining? I'll tip them back 3 or 6? I don't get it. Has anyone else experienced this?

astraeagrim
05-01-13, 08:48 AM
If two people tip the same tables at the same time it can cancel out one of them. This can cause people to think that they were able to double tip if they happen to return and see the tips available again to leave. When in fact the first tip they sent didnt stay. You probably had two visitors at the same time and they left two tips on two of the same tables and one on the other side. Thus leaving only four tips. The only other scenario is the single tippers. There have been times where some cheapo only left one tip while visiting or worse claims to leave tips when in fact they didnt.

bobbyrae
05-01-13, 09:11 AM
Could also just be a conscientious neighbour who was only able to find five empty tables when he/she visited your place now returning to give you the last tip.

puppynox
05-01-13, 10:42 AM
Another option is that they lost internet or had the game close on them as they were tipping, and they didn't go back to finish tipping. It's happened to me.

TinksThots
05-01-13, 10:43 AM
Could also just be a conscientious neighbour who was only able to find five empty tables when he/she visited your place now returning to give you the last tip.

I do that all the time when there isn't room to leave all six on my first visit.

lotuskat
05-01-13, 10:45 AM
I don't always remember to do it, but I do try to go back and finish tipping a neighbor if I ran out of spaces before reaching my limit per neighbor.

meme1098
05-01-13, 12:22 PM
I sometimes see that in my place, too. Most of the time it's because I missed a table when tapping thru them so quickly.

esmeto
05-01-13, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the replies, those scenarios make sense! Thanks!

cherryberry9
05-01-13, 04:28 PM
Its probably a technological mistake if that makes any sense.

mack924
05-01-13, 05:39 PM
Honestly, I'm guilty of this BUT only to neighbors who never tip or gift! I don't make it a habit but if I'm short on time, I do it rather than not leaving anything. It just gets frustrating when I spend some much time tipping all 100+ neighbors and many never return the favor. I hate to delete anyone but come on......fair is fair.

Poliptily
05-01-13, 06:44 PM
This sounds funny now, but when I first started playing RS, before I knew such a thing as the forum existed with advice on how to play, I actually used tips like I do in real life. If I really liked a restaurant, I'd give it 3 tips. If I sort of liked it, 2. If it didn't look like much, 1 or none. It wasn't until I had played for several days that I learned the "tipping rules." The culprit could be a new player who doesn't know all the rules yet.

Rusakko
05-02-13, 02:57 AM
Oh yes, I have seen and done almost everything of those answers. Most common thing to happen: I have not cleared my tables completely.

One thing I don't understand: how is possible that not every tipper is not seen on your news? Or do you meant that you see only ten previous tippers? I tip and gift daily all my neighbors but I dont write anything on neighbors' walls. I wonder does they realize, I have tipped, if my tipping doesnt even seen on their news? Well, not a big problem at all...

Sorry my bad English.

altarisse
05-02-13, 07:02 AM
I've encountered a different case of "fake" tippers: those who left something on your wall saying they've left a tip even though you know it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to do so because every table has coins on it.

I don't mind if they don't tip. I don't tip myself so I don't expect them to return the favor. I just want them to be honest and not lie.

cozycafe69
05-02-13, 07:19 AM
I have a lot of neighbors, I reply to my wall, then news feed, if time then to everyone else. I don't automatically delete non tippers, as long as they send gifts or reply to requests. sometimes your full or there is only one table, if I find it, I tip it, I don't always go back. that being said, it seems silly to go to a restaurant and only to tip one table, it takes the same amount of time to open and very minimal amounts of time to tap the screen a bunch of times and move on.

minidemon88
05-02-13, 10:09 AM
Have encountered a few of these "fake tipper" before. Usually they will always post a tipped on my wall. You know it's just impossible for them or anyone to leave a tip since my tables are full for days or even week already. And also I'm a non-tipper player. Normally when I see this, I'll just go LOL. There's also some who "fake" about the tipping so that they can get free tips from you. Most of the time, they are lower level player from what I see.

There are also rare cases who are honest to post comment like, I need coins on my wall please tips me. When I see this, I'll tips them if they are not full. But if they are full, then just too bad.

myndisue
05-24-13, 06:28 PM
I don't usually tip either but always gift and reply to requests. I will visit neighbors who request items. Then I will either gift the requested item or an item that goes with what they're trying to build. If I visited every neighbor in every game I play it would take me a couple of hours. And I have a couple of neighbors who have had the same rotten food for weeks.

jua1978
05-24-13, 11:24 PM
I had similar situation but what happened someone visited my place, left a note to say can you find the tips but all my tables were empty, they never left any tips just a message

NanaCanna
05-25-13, 12:14 AM
Well it just as well could have happened when you cleared your tables. Sometimes if you gather them quickly it will miss one along the way. I wouldn't worry to much about it. Even if it was just some lazy tippers!