PDA

View Full Version : Adventure-Traverse Desert Sands

queenaleecia
05-01-13, 05:48 AM
Has anyone done the new adventure? If so what did you get? It requires a lot to send your knights it. I want to know if its worth it.

Edit-KP-Add Adventure picture

[URL=http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zps06705fd7.png.html]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps06705fd7.png

The goal to do this adventure will complete when your kinghts get back from the adventure. You must have sent them after receiving the goal.

Reported drops include: gems, wisp lanterns, silver, ornate blocks, ornate beams, magic cement, architects paste, chocolates, earth wisps, enchanted blocks, enchanted beams, super glue, orange tree, pumpkin hutch, heart of sands, alicorn wing, mithril, longswords, golden apple

rosewaterlily
05-01-13, 05:56 AM
I got a full refill of energy (29), 4 gems, enchanted block, magic cement, chocolate, and 2 wisp lanterns. Oh and the heart of the sands, but that's probably only for the goal adventure.

Baraze
05-01-13, 06:26 AM
I got about 16 energy, heart of the sands, two each of the enchanted parts which were badly needed and some coins. Is a necessity if you want to build Sabinas house. I only did it once, even though I stupidly have four of her homes. I don't like how making the items for this adventure is soooooo,so, so, so strenuous.

wassupbaby
05-01-13, 06:34 AM
I wonder if anyone got a "box" from this adventure. I did once and got about 12 energy , ornate block, enchanted beam , 2 wisp lanterns , some gems, some coins, heart of sand and the most important thing to me : a wing . It'll take me a while to do this adventure again.

Dior0
05-01-13, 06:53 AM
No I didn't see it yet

nancydrew88
05-01-13, 06:12 PM
On my game it's locked...which quest unlocks it?

bowlfullofcherries
05-01-13, 06:28 PM
It's the adventure that unlocks along Sabina's goal and story line.

bestiadrago
05-03-13, 08:18 AM
Got orange tree from the "box"...

jawest78
05-03-13, 05:05 PM
For the "Heart of the Sands" goal that requires you to send knights on this quest, does it check off the "Send" part of the goal when you actually send them or when they get back? The reason I ask is because I sent the knights about an hour ago, but the "Send" portion of the goal is not checked. If I have to do this quest again, it will take me several days to craft all of the necessary items, and I don't want to do that if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

OpeningCeremony
05-03-13, 05:28 PM
i got a box item from traverse desert sands... pumpkin hutch -_-

bowlfullofcherries
05-03-13, 05:31 PM
Jawest, you're good. It will show that iI've completed it on their return.

I've gotten silver ore, ornate blocks, gems, super glue and wisp lanterns from this quest.

jawest78
05-03-13, 05:40 PM
Jawest, you're good. It will show that iI've completed it on their return.

I've gotten silver ore, ornate blocks, gems, super glue and wisp lanterns from this quest.

Thanks for the quick response!

bowlfullofcherries
05-03-13, 05:58 PM
'You've'. Sorry bout that.

Juttali
05-03-13, 08:32 PM
jawest: had the same issue here, still got my heart and the quest is done.

wassupbaby
05-04-13, 01:13 AM
Geez , orange tree and pumpkin hutch from the box? I was hoping for new item , little disappointed now -.-

maguar
05-04-13, 02:04 AM
Geez , orange tree and pumpkin hutch from the box? I was hoping for new item , little disappointed now -.-

Two items in one box or two different boxes?

wassupbaby
05-04-13, 02:45 AM
Got orange tree from the "box"...

i got a box item from traverse desert sands... pumpkin hutch -_-

Two items in one box or two different boxes?
I was refering to bestiadrago's and aileeniweeni's posts on page 1 :X

maguar
05-04-13, 02:48 AM
I was refering to bestiadrago's and aileeniweeni's posts on page 1 :X

Doh! Just skipping through reading recent posts and missed the connection with the earlier ones.

ccflorida
05-04-13, 04:24 AM
I just got my wing to finish Alicorn!!! I was soooo excited I almost dropped my iPad!

luna1001
05-04-13, 11:54 PM
I think it's a poor reward for the time and energy spent on it. At least, from what you guys posted. I haven't unlocked it yet. And by the way, my bf just obtained alicorn wing from ancient vault adventure, so I guess it can be obtained from any adventure, it's all luck.

wassupbaby
05-05-13, 01:58 AM
Yeah, it's very poor reward consider what you have to pays for this adventure.

midnightmeerkat
05-05-13, 03:04 AM
I just got my wing to finish Alicorn!!! I was soooo excited I almost dropped my iPad!

Congrats!!!

mammoduck
05-05-13, 03:33 AM
Which goal unlocks this? Thanks for your help!

vchanhs
05-05-13, 05:47 AM
Which goal unlocks this? Thanks for your help!

The adventure? After you use the magic scissors to cut Sabina's hair, you will unlock the quest.

sdwombat
05-05-13, 06:26 AM
I think it's a poor reward for the time and energy spent on it. At least, from what you guys posted. I haven't unlocked it yet. And by the way, my bf just obtained alicorn wing from ancient vault adventure, so I guess it can be obtained from any adventure, it's all luck.

I got both of my Alicorn parts from the Search the Ancient Vault Adventure.

cookiefairey
05-05-13, 06:34 AM
I did this adventure for the third time. I got my second horn today. Now all I need is a wing and I can craft my much anticipated alicorn.

caramel114
05-05-13, 07:44 AM
Collected today and received: 8 gems, 1 ornate block, 1 enchanted block, 2 wisp lanterns, 15 energy

cymoril69
05-06-13, 09:06 AM
Hi folks! I also got a wing from this adventure!

jonathanharker
05-06-13, 09:45 AM
How do you guys know what you get from these quests? I can never read fast enough to see what all I'm getting. I just have enough time to notice obvious big ticket items.

brandonu
05-06-13, 10:06 AM
How do you guys know what you get from these quests? I can never read fast enough to see what all I'm getting. I just have enough time to notice obvious big ticket items.

You can look at your inventory to see the recent items or try and screen cap it when it pops up on the screen.

blurbie
05-07-13, 08:12 AM
Yes, there is a big job putting this together, but you don't do this one every day. Do other adventures as you have the supplies together.

Don't you remember how hard it was to make spicy feast before we had the exchange building? It is a bit like that.

Also, remember how hard it was to make enchanted essence to make all the enchanted beams and blocks??? That is a really good reward!

I hope I get a wing from this one; I don't have Ali yet.

lotuskat
05-07-13, 11:15 AM
Yes, there is a big job putting this together, but you don't do this one every day. Do other adventures as you have the supplies together.

Don't you remember how hard it was to make spicy feast before we had the exchange building? It is a bit like that.

Also, remember how hard it was to make enchanted essence to make all the enchanted beams and blocks??? That is a really good reward!

I hope I get a wing from this one; I don't have Ali yet.

This adventure will definitely be a once-or-twice-a-week kind of deal! Thank goodness for the Royal Exchange. Without the Dairy and Eggs exchange, I'd be using all my energy on fishing. Whatever happened to the fish? Did the Baron's appetite result in overfishing and depopulation of stocks?

clarontinalisa
05-07-13, 12:28 PM
This adventure will definitely be a once-or-twice-a-week kind of deal! Thank goodness for the Royal Exchange. Without the Dairy and Eggs exchange, I'd be using all my energy on fishing. Whatever happened to the fish? Did the Baron's appetite result in overfishing and depopulation of stocks?

I agree where are the fish. When I needed mermaid scales all I got was fish and maxed out. Now I want fish I get loads of mermaid scales!! Can't win.

As for the adventure I agree a once a week try as the silver plate takes ages to gather the silver

cityfan
05-07-13, 03:13 PM
Are there any other uses for the ornate beams, blocks and the magic cement, other than Sabinas house?

wassupbaby
05-07-13, 04:11 PM
Are there any other uses for the ornate beams, blocks and the magic cement, other than Sabinas house?

Currently no use , but in future maybe.
And btw i'm done with this adventure. I'd rather spend 50 silver on sth else.

monstermash1
05-07-13, 07:21 PM
How......I am still waiting for weeks!

Oliver118
05-07-13, 10:37 PM
How......I am still waiting for weeks!

On my Queen's court, the adventure is locked by goal. Which goal do you have to complete before unlocking it?

maguar
05-08-13, 04:15 AM
On my Queen's court, the adventure is locked by goal. Which goal do you have to complete before unlocking it?

After you cut Sabina's hair she'll ask you to build a house for her. One part is in the desert. Thurston will ask you to craft armour. The adventure unlocks around those quests.

mymummy789
05-09-13, 02:36 AM
I got this goal yesterday (just after I had sent my knights out on another adventure) so this morning when I welcomed them back I sent them off to Traverse the Desert Sands via the Queen's keep. However, I noticed later that the goal remains unchecked. Does anyone know if it will register the adventure being done when they come back, or am I going to have to gather all the materials again and try to remember to send them out via the goal?

maguar
05-09-13, 03:12 AM
I got this goal yesterday (just after I had sent my knights out on another adventure) so this morning when I welcomed them back I sent them off to Traverse the Desert Sands via the Queen's keep. However, I noticed later that the goal remains unchecked. Does anyone know if it will register the adventure being done when they come back, or am I going to have to gather all the materials again and try to remember to send them out via the goal?

Have you tried force/hard closing your game and restarting? I wouldn't have thought that you'd have to sent the by the quest. When your knights come back let us know if you've finished the quest or not. If you haven't I'll flag it as an issue.

mymummy789
05-09-13, 03:42 AM
Have you tried force/hard closing your game and restarting? I wouldn't have thought that you'd have to sent the by the quest. When your knights come back let us know if you've finished the quest or not. If you haven't I'll flag it as an issue.

force closing hasn't changed it. I will let you know what happens tomorrow when my knights return

friscosharkboy
05-09-13, 06:49 AM
The goal registers when the knights come back.

jawest78
05-09-13, 08:54 AM

I asked this exact question on the first page of this thread. The (correct) answer I got was that it registered when the knights return.

mymummy789
05-09-13, 12:41 PM
I asked this exact question on the first page of this thread. The (correct) answer I got was that it registered when the knights return.

*blushing furiously* I didn't see your post!! Quite relieved that I won't have to scrimp and save to get more silver to make more armour !!!

maguar
05-09-13, 03:16 PM

*blushing furiously* I didn't see your post!! Quite relieved that I won't have to scrimp and save to get more silver to make more armour !!!

I've added this info to the first post to make it easier to see.

cloverzj
05-09-13, 05:10 PM
I wonder if anyone got a "box" from this adventure. I did once and got about 12 energy , ornate block, enchanted beam , 2 wisp lanterns , some gems, some coins, heart of sand and the most important thing to me : a wing . It'll take me a while to do this adventure again.

OMG! I need the wing! I'll send my knights out asap!

jawest78
05-09-13, 11:03 PM

Apologies. I didn't mean to shake my finger at you. I just meant it as I had the same concern, asked the same question, and got a satisfactory answer.

joylogan
05-10-13, 02:23 PM
I think it is very difficult to complete the particles for this new adventure

maguar
05-13-13, 03:57 AM
In addition to architects paste, ornate beam and gems, I got mithril today.

sarreiwei
05-13-13, 07:56 AM
I'm on the quest that gets sabina's house. I'm just waiting for my magic cement to finish. But the desert adventure is still locked on mine. Or did you mean that making sabina's house unlocks the quest? I've finished every quest I've gotten so far except finishing the house.

sarreiwei
05-13-13, 07:57 AM
I hadn't had a problem making the parts. I can see I've already got enough for three of them, it's just still locked.

joylogan
05-13-13, 08:25 AM
for me it's worth, although it is very difficult

claver1
05-13-13, 02:36 PM
I'm on the quest that gets sabina's house. I'm just waiting for my magic cement to finish. But the desert adventure is still locked on mine. Or did you mean that making sabina's house unlocks the quest? I've finished every quest I've gotten so far except finishing the house.

I'm on the magic scissors quest at this moment and i also have this adventure still locked. I'm lvl29.
When are we able to make use of this adventure.
Hope someone can tell us.

Greetings,

maguar
05-13-13, 03:06 PM

I'm on the magic scissors quest at this moment and i also have this adventure still locked. I'm lvl29.
When are we able to make use of this adventure.
Hope someone can tell us.

Greetings,

I'm looking back at my screenshots. I think you have to do free her first, do strictly ornamental (craft the new building materials), do overheated (forge light armour) then go on the new adventure.

freesiawoods
05-15-13, 10:07 PM
Any more feedback on your loot from this adventure? My second one gave a magic cement and not much else, no gems or alicorn parts.

Does it still drop parts for Sabina's house after one has completed building it?

wassupbaby
05-16-13, 01:08 AM
Any more feedback on your loot from this adventure? My second one gave a magic cement and not much else, no gems or alicorn parts.

Does it still drop parts for Sabina's house after one has completed building it?
Of cource it does. But the cost is too high that i'd rather do sth else with my silver,jewels than spending on this adventure. I did it twice then i stopped. The loot is quite good but i dont think it worth my silver :S

maguar
05-16-13, 03:08 AM

I've added a summary of drops to the first post

cookiefairey
05-16-13, 06:54 AM
I got glue. A gem. Some coins energy. Please that's a lot of cooking to get nothing back. The first two I got great drops. The last two were not good at all. No box items. No better than the adventure that is very little cooking but a simple feast. How about some alicorn parts and not a horn I have three. I need a wing. Seems like that or a carriage would be nice after all the work it takes to make the items for this adventure. Thanks

rosewaterlily
05-16-13, 08:55 AM
My most recent desert sands adventure gave me six gems, so I'm going to keep on doing it. The only problem is that my silver to jewels ratio is way out whack this way. With the deep mine drops, I can still make a few royal blocks and beams and have silver to go on the adventure every five days since I rotate through all the adventures, but I have way too many jewels relative to silver. Right now I'm just crushing jewels into pink jewels for the Valentine's adventure, which I'm still doing despite the poor rewards to see if I can get pink animals and alicorn parts. I know there's other stuff you can use jewels for, but they require the consumption of royal blocks, which are the very thing that I'm trying to stock up on!

vchanhs
05-16-13, 04:51 PM
Just got 1 ornate block, 1 enchanted block, 2 wisp lantern , 1 longswords, 4 gems and some energy. Looks like a decent deal to me.

freesiawoods
05-16-13, 10:45 PM
Of cource it does. But the cost is too high that i'd rather do sth else with my silver,jewels than spending on this adventure. I did it twice then i stopped. The loot is quite good but i dont think it worth my silver :S

Agree. I was asking because there seems to be no use for ornate beams and blocks and magic cement once Sabina's house is built.

vchanhs
05-17-13, 12:18 AM
Agree. I was asking because there seems to be no use for ornate beams and blocks and magic cement once Sabina's house is built.

I believe in future updates they will be needed. For me, I will continue to do the adventure as and when possible to stock up. I think it's a better deal to get the building materials this way then spending 6 hrs of my workshops time.

maguar
05-17-13, 01:54 AM
Dark caves used to be my adventure of choice. It's now become this one as its more challenging to get prepped for it so it gives me focus.

Vinternatt
05-17-13, 02:44 AM
Sorry can't agree, Dark Cave is still my favorite adventure.

I have been doing the new quest for the last 4-5 days non-stop.
I keep getting 12 energy every time, it looks like it is standard or has a high chance.

Money-wise it gives around 12-15k gold which is NONSENSE because you pay 9500 golds per adventure so basically you earn 2k-5k gold -_-

And in addition to that you get ornate beams and some materials.

The amount of sources you spend for making the materials for this quest "outvalues" the stuff you get from this adventure.
I mean, those armors and platters waste A LOT of silvers (50 silvers and 30 irons per adventure) and the cooking ingredients waste a lot of milks, SAPs and they need a lot of strawberries and chocolate.
Yeah, it is challenging but I don't think it is worth it.

I don't see much difference between this adventure and the one you do with Longswords (sorry couldnt remember the name).
Both of them work in the same way.
A mediocre amount of energy, a little bit coins and some materials.
And occasionally a couple of gems.
Only difference is that the one with longswords is actually easier to get prepared since you need less input.

The best thing that you can get from this adventure when I saw looking at this thread was a Wing but again I am pretty sure we have the same percentage to get it from other adventures.
I did not get any "boxes" or anything that deserves my attention.

On the other hand, Dark Cave can give you gem items such as animals and trees (which i have never got T_T).
You have the chance to get Dark Cave formations.
And you can get uber-awesome gem items.
I got my Carriage from Dark Cave quest.

Dark Cave can also full your energy bar and you can get a good amount of gold as well.

Yeah, Dark Cave is a huge Wisp-hog but you actually have a chance to get some decent stuff in return.

I am doing this new adventure until I deplete all my stocks then I will go back to Dark Cave.
If I get anything decent from this adventure, I'll let you know.

wassupbaby
05-17-13, 02:58 AM
I still prefer dark cave :) and with all the extra silver and jewel i already made 3 of ornate beams/blocks , magic cement. I hate to stockpile but i dunno what to do with all the materials. Hopefully we'll get new update soon or i'll be maxed on everything :(

MiniLaura
05-19-13, 06:21 AM
Good haul today! I got 25 energy, 5 gems, and a golden apple! (along with the usual ornate building supplies and magic cement.)

Oliver118
05-19-13, 10:22 PM
The annoying thing is I won't start looking at the prospect of Sabina for a while now so I'm not getting any closer to unlock the new adventure as some
of you are to get the Alicorn.

jua1978
05-20-13, 03:07 AM
Will the traverse desert sand adventure give me that red heart for sabina quest or not?

wassupbaby
05-20-13, 04:50 AM
Will the traverse desert sand adventure give me that red heart for sabina quest or not?

Yes , but only after you got the quest.

jua1978
05-20-13, 06:32 AM
Yes , but only after you got the quest.

I am holding thumbs a few more hours then I will know what I will be getting from it.

jua1978
05-20-13, 09:42 PM
Yay got my red heart, now to build sabinas house just need 2 magic cements

Oliver118
05-20-13, 10:28 PM
Yay got my red heart, now to build sabinas house just need 2 magic cements

Congratulations!

jua1978
05-21-13, 01:16 AM
Congratulations!

Thank you, been trying for a long time for this goal

Cesar49
08-10-13, 06:48 AM
Like many others I am sending my knights on loads of desert quests in search of the ember. Whilst they haven't brought that back yet, they are bringing some really bizarre things. Along with a lot of royal and ornate blocks and beams and ridiculous amounts of magic cement they have brought me the royal carriage, which presumably had been double parked somewhere in the middle of the sand, and the last two quests brought me a lemon tree and then, today, an apple tree! Now I'm no geographer but aren't deserts supposed to be dry, sandy and hot? Where did they find FRUIT TREES? I'm beginning to suspect that they're not going near the Kalanamihara Desert (my name for it) and are sneaking down to the local garden centre instead! Perhaps the lazy fellas think some barbecue charcoal will do for the burning ember ...:rolleyes:

Cesar49
08-10-13, 07:04 AM
More seriously, it does seem that the rewards have changed a bit. Anyone else receiving strange gifts from the desert?

Gardienn
08-10-13, 07:49 AM
Yeah, every time I send my knights to the desert, they come back looking all tired and sweaty, but they hand me lemon trees. Their secret vacations to Florida behind my back are making me very sour. They're going to get tanned, all right, but it's not gonna be from sunbathing.

CottageRose
08-10-13, 10:24 AM
Yeah, every time I send my knights to the desert, they come back looking all tired and sweaty, but they hand me lemon trees. Their secret vacations to Florida behind my back are making me very sour. They're going to get tanned, all right, but it's not gonna be from sunbathing.
Do you suppose they are confusing desert sands with tropical beach sands? :)

Gardienn
08-10-13, 11:10 AM
Maybe we sent them on one too many desert treks, became delirious, and went the wrong direction. Dehydration will do that. It must be our fault. We stopped feeding them lemonade, trying to fatten them up for their desert journeys. Can't they just fill their canteens with water? I know we have plenty of wells to support their hydration.

sobieski77
08-10-13, 02:12 PM
My weird experience was not quite like the last few people have talked about, but weird just the same. I sent my knights on the glimmer dust trove adventure and I started crafting a few things, but when I came back to check the Progression of things etc. there was no adventure happening in the castle and everything in my kitchens and workshops were things I had crafted and collected. For example, a simple feast I needed to begin my adventure that was no longer and several other things. I had just collected from Ivy's hit and the magic garden And now they were ready again but the previous items I got were no longer in my inventory. I had hard closed (? Is that what it's called ?) the last time I left the game and it was as though everything I had done between last night and the hard close was erased. Strange!

queenofpolharcity
08-10-13, 03:11 PM
I haven't had what you might call 'weird' items, I haven't had ANY items!! I get the usual coins, a few gems and energy bars, but they don't bring back any treasures at all. It's been a coup,e of weeks since they brought back anything at all, and the last time they brought back something, it was a flower! Bah...

mikado86
08-10-13, 03:31 PM
Well I dont know about you guys but as soon my knights bring some prime cuts out of the dessert the first thing I do is stuff my face with them, its the best thing since I fount some pork chop inside a wall

maguar
08-10-13, 07:33 PM
Merged threads on drops form desert adventure

sdwombat
08-10-13, 08:14 PM

I shouldn't be laughing so hard at these posts, because soon my knights, too, will be Traversing the Desert Sands, but I am literally sitting here laughing my head off at this exchange. Very humorous & clever!!!

phipsi1237
05-05-14, 11:57 PM
I've sent knights on this adventure maybe 3 times. I have the Heart, but the goal for sending across the desert won't clear. I know it's been asked before about if it clears upon return. Mine have returned at least 2 times, maybe 3.

doobievilla
05-06-14, 12:59 PM
I've sent knights on this adventure maybe 3 times. I have the Heart, but the goal for sending across the desert won't clear. I know it's been asked before about if it clears upon return. Mine have returned at least 2 times, maybe 3.

For clarification.. What is the name of the Goal that you are concerned with?

dracoonic
05-06-14, 09:34 PM
Got an orange tree today.

Equinox14
06-19-14, 05:15 PM

What unlocks the goal?

SpiritWind00
06-19-14, 05:20 PM
The adventure? After you use the magic scissors to cut Sabina's hair, you will unlock the quest.

On my game it's locked...which quest unlocks it?

What unlocks the goal?

I believe the first quote might be what you're looking for? Hope that helps....