PDA

View Full Version : Remember the good old days when an egg gets colors from each parent?!

stens
05-01-13, 01:21 AM
Example:
Pairing a Life (red & green) and a Mist (yellow & blue) will result in an egg with a combination of either:
Red and yellow
Red and blue (or a Magic)
Green and yellow
Green and blue
Diamond (all 2 colors from each parent)

Now you can get those combinations plus:
Red and green without yellow or blue from the 2nd parent
Yellow and blue without red or green from the 1st parent

What I'm saying is it would be better to change it back to the way it was before.

Less possible results, happier players.

What? Tricolor dragons?
Well, as you can see in a diamond, each parent gave 2 colors.
So tricolor dragons was possible with the old rules (2 from 1 parent and 1 from another)

I really hate it when I breed a Night (blue & purple) with a Virtue (red and white) and get a Coral (blue & purple).
What happened to the genes of the 2nd parent (Virtue)?
It's like the Night dragon was a simultaneous hermaphrodite and she fertilized herself (self-fertilization).
The Virtue dragon was probably just for visual pleasure, if you know what I mean.

Please bring back the old rules of breeding (guaranteed color from each parent).

What say you?!

sunkalito
05-01-13, 01:33 AM
It's all gone wonkers, I'm telling you!

itzjulezzz
05-01-13, 01:38 AM
Ehhhh. I got my leopard from sunrise & mistmoth. I Gucci.

stens
05-01-13, 01:55 AM
Ehhhh. I got my leopard from sunrise & mistmoth. I Gucci.

You must be a new player, a player who did not experience the old rules.

But congrats!

habibass
05-01-13, 03:46 AM
Stens, are you from Scotland? :)

awsumum
05-01-13, 03:54 AM
It's like the Night dragon was a simultaneous hermaphrodite and she fertilized herself (self-fertilization).
The Virtue dragon was probably just for visual pleasure, if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean!! I get the same thing with night/diamond - I get night! (I'm trying for dang dark angel)
It's like night self fertilises o.o what's up with that?

Bring back guaranteed colours from each parent, please?

stens
05-01-13, 04:06 AM

I know what you mean!! I get the same thing with night/diamond - I get night! (I'm trying for dang dark angel)
It's like night self fertilises o.o what's up with that?

Bring back guaranteed colours from each parent, please?

Diamond is special.

Pairing diamond and fire can result to a fire or a crusader.

It's like diamond have all the colors, they can morph to the color of their partner or stay as a diamond.

doop01
05-01-13, 04:45 AM
I'm not sure which way to vote here. There's no doubt that a lot of the newer dragons have become harder to get than the old rares/supers. Some of them were surprises for me, some came easily and a few took a LOT of tries. Moon and Medusa were especially hard for me and I spent WAY too much gold on those two. But I was able to get them. With the pinks, I only had 1 or 2 left to get when the rules changed. As soon as they were available to Android I concentrated solely on them, so again got them relatively quickly. I know that I've been a lot luckier than some of my wonderful neighbors in regards to the colour splitters though, so that's why I'm kinda on the fence here. Personally I don't mind it as I've had the luck, but an aweful lot of people are struggling to get them.

hamadrys
05-01-13, 04:56 AM
Yes, bring back the old rules !!! I have a heck of a time getting anything before I hit 20-45 fails, and this is TEDIOUS !!! I am 25 dragons behind because of the speed of their release, but also because it takes so long for me to get one. I don't know if I am on an unlucky streak because I seemed to have ok luck with the dark dragons, but Easter sucked the life and energy out of me with 3 weeks of incessant breeding to get it. And now, I can't get nothing I want :(

MomsHouseofSweets
05-01-13, 07:19 AM
I'm not sure which way to vote here. There's no doubt that a lot of the newer dragons have become harder to get than the old rares/supers. Some of them were surprises for me, some came easily and a few took a LOT of tries. Moon and Medusa were especially hard for me and I spent WAY too much gold on those two. But I was able to get them. With the pinks, I only had 1 or 2 left to get when the rules changed. As soon as they were available to Android I concentrated solely on them, so again got them relatively quickly. I know that I've been a lot luckier than some of my wonderful neighbors in regards to the colour splitters though, so that's why I'm kinda on the fence here. Personally I don't mind it as I've had the luck, but an aweful lot of people are struggling to get them.

Here's hoping that your luck continues!!! Mine has gone down the tubes. LOL

fitfunsparkle
05-01-13, 09:41 AM
Yes, and i wish it would revert! I still don't have a night hybrid, i keep getting wizards and magics and corals.

enoch4
05-01-13, 09:58 AM
I've been tracking my breeding for the last 6 months (playing for almost a year), and this rule has not changed since I started tracking. Does anyone know when this rule changed? In my oldest breeding records, it was also the case that if more than 2 colors were in the den, an offspring could pull colors from just one parent. But, it wasn't a problem then, because breeding was more straightforward. Trying for a hybrid we only put the colors in the den that we needed, so it had to pull those colors. Made breeding hybrids predictable. Trying for diamond, it didn't make any difference if the fails took the colors from one parent or both, we were just looking for a diamond, so no one payed a lot of attention to that. It only became a problem for us when the new colors started to split. Splitting causes so many more possible outcomes, and I think that is why this long-standing quirk of breeding suddenly feels like a problem.

J85909266
05-01-13, 10:25 AM
Breeding hasn't been fun since the change. Please bring back the old formula.

scottyhaha
05-01-13, 10:30 AM
Well when pink was introduce it was splitting as well as any element after that. So nothing as change there. Yes it is hard to get pink and black it should be super rare. The only thing Change was breeding diamond. Now we can get infinity from diamond/diamond hybrid and diamond hybrid with diamond/reg. hybrid.

ginrae22
05-01-13, 10:32 AM
I'm going out of my mind trying for goblin. It's insane how hard it is!!!

enoch4
05-01-13, 10:53 AM
Well when pink was introduce it was splitting as well as any element after that. So nothing as change there. Yes it is hard to get pink and black it should be super rare. The only thing Change was breeding diamond. Now we can get infinity from diamond/diamond hybrid and diamond hybrid with diamond/reg. hybrid.

Agreed. The biggest recent changes to the breeding rules are that they introduced splitting elements, which we didn't have before pink, and that the infinity combos changed (and some dragons can no longer breed). The rule that colors can come from only one parent is an old one, which only became problematic when splitting was introduced.

annbluebird
05-01-13, 10:56 AM
Remember the good old days when an egg gets colors from each parent?!

Once upon a time .. prince night and princess virtue were together looking at the sparkles in light's habitat when... (write your own story - I m feed up)

sunkalito
05-01-13, 11:13 AM
Remember the good old days when an egg gets colors from each parent?!

Once upon a time .. prince night and princess virtue were together looking at the sparkles in light's habitat when... (write your own story - I m feed up)
A love dragon flew by and sprinkled them with those funky happy pheromones, but that love dragon had the flu. So when they rushed to the breeding den they were a bit tipsy, and instead of having a beautiful Mask baby out came a one-eyed Athletic.
Sure, they loved it all the same. But Mask is way cooler.

The end.

caketester88
05-01-13, 11:13 AM
Example:
I really hate it when I breed a Night (blue & purple) with a Virtue (red and white) and get a Coral (blue & purple).
What happened to the genes of the 2nd parent (Virtue)?

I'm a new player, only been playing for about 5 weeks so I don't remember the old rules. BUT, I was very suprised at a recent breeding. I am trying to be a bit methodical in my approach and am currently working on trying to get all of the white hybrids. I thought I was being clever when I bred a Light + Parakeet as I need Ceasar, Sunrise, Pegasus and Leopard. I thought I was bound to get one of them - I ended up with a Parakeet!!! - I was extremely confused and rather niffed of as it obviously means that one parents colour(s) can be completely irrelevant to possible offspring :(

sunkalito
05-01-13, 11:36 AM
But Parakeet is a super rare! So congratulations. And if you are iOS you can trade it for goodies.

doop01
05-01-13, 11:47 AM
Here's hoping that your luck continues!!! Mine has gone down the tubes. LOL

Helios still won't come out to play Moms? :(
I voted yes btw lol

fitfunsparkle
05-01-13, 12:11 PM
I've been tracking my breeding for the last 6 months (playing for almost a year), and this rule has not changed since I started tracking. Does anyone know when this rule changed? In my oldest breeding records, it was also the case that if more than 2 colors were in the den, an offspring could pull colors from just one parent. But, it wasn't a problem then, because breeding was more straightforward. Trying for a hybrid we only put the colors in the den that we needed, so it had to pull those colors. Made breeding hybrids predictable. Trying for diamond, it didn't make any difference if the fails took the colors from one parent or both, we were just looking for a diamond, so no one payed a lot of attention to that. It only became a problem for us when the new colors started to split. Splitting causes so many more possible outcomes, and I think that is why this long-standing quirk of breeding suddenly feels like a problem.

I agree. It is the splitting of that parent that is troublesome. If i put night and virtue together i could accept mask, virtue, or night. But i am tired of it taking one parent and then splitting that parents color down. However, the splitting doesnt seem to give more possible outcomes, it pretty much gives me the same two over and over and over lol!

enoch4
05-01-13, 12:20 PM
I agree. It is the splitting of that parent that is troublesome. If i put night and virtue together i could accept mask, virtue, or night. But i am tired of it taking one parent and then splitting that parents color down. However, the splitting doesnt seem to give more possible outcomes, it pretty much gives me the same two over and over and over lol!

Lol - really good point. More *possible* outcomes, but in reality you will repeatedly get the one or two that you least want.

enoch4
05-01-13, 12:29 PM
Oh, and getting single color outcomes when breeding hybrids, that is another change that started after splitting colors were introduced. Didn't happen with normal, non-splitting elements (except for diamond).

scottyhaha
05-01-13, 12:34 PM
And if pink and black don't split you will get them right away. What fun of get one with out trying , but don't make it impossible TL. When it's a rare dragon make it rare don't make it impossible super rare dragon.

enoch4
05-01-13, 12:37 PM
Oh, and getting single color outcomes when breeding hybrids, that is another change that started after splitting colors were introduced. Didn't happen with normal, non-splitting elements (except for diamond).

Actually, not just breeding hybrids, but any time more than one color is in the den, it is weird that we can get single color outcomes now with the splitting elements.

enoch4
05-01-13, 01:17 PM
And if pink and black don't split you will get them right away. What fun of get one with out trying , but don't make it impossible TL. When it's a rare dragon make it rare don't make it impossible super rare dragon.

Yes, that is a good point too, I see the reason for the splitting in the sense that they didn't want the hybrids to be common, and if the elements didn't split we would get the hybrids first try. But like you are saying, the endless splitting that goes on makes them far harder than "rare." Suddenly the fact that they can pull from just one parent gets frustrating when the split keeps happening over and over, and the single element outcomes are a weird new twist. I think people are most frustrated by the fact that it usually takes an insane number of tries to get these dragons, with so many possible outcomes and many (often long) fails.

stens
05-01-13, 01:22 PM
Oh, and getting single color outcomes when breeding hybrids, that is another change that started after splitting colors were introduced. Didn't happen with normal, non-splitting elements (except for diamond).You mean if you pair a virtue (red and white) with a forest you can get a light? Or a fire?

And if pink and black don't split you will get them right away. What fun of get one with out trying , but don't make it impossible TL. When it's a rare dragon make it rare don't make it impossible super rare dragon.I'm okay with splitting, but the other parent must contribute too.

I've been tracking my breeding for the last 6 months (playing for almost a year), and this rule has not changed since I started tracking. Does anyone know when this rule changed? In my oldest breeding records, it was also the case that if more than 2 colors were in the den, an offspring could pull colors from just one parent. But, it wasn't a problem then, because breeding was more straightforward. Trying for a hybrid we only put the colors in the den that we needed, so it had to pull those colors. Made breeding hybrids predictable. Trying for diamond, it didn't make any difference if the fails took the colors from one parent or both, we were just looking for a diamond, so no one payed a lot of attention to that. It only became a problem for us when the new colors started to split. Splitting causes so many more possible outcomes, and I think that is why this long-standing quirk of breeding suddenly feels like a problem. Anyone remember when the best pair to try to breed a diamond was Island and Firestorm?

Why?

Becaue it removed the 2 worst possible fail, 20 hr island and 12 firestorm.

Possible outcomes were:
Green and red (3,6,7)
Green and yellow (10,8,5)
Blue and red (11) plus magic (20 but rare)
Blue and yellow (14,22,9)

I'm a new player, only been playing for about 5 weeks so I don't remember the old rules. BUT, I was very suprised at a recent breeding. I am trying to be a bit methodical in my approach and am currently working on trying to get all of the white hybrids. I thought I was being clever when I bred a Light + Parakeet as I need Ceasar, Sunrise, Pegasus and Leopard. I thought I was bound to get one of them - I ended up with a Parakeet!!! - I was extremely confused and rather niffed of as it obviously means that one parents colour(s) can be completely irrelevant to possible offspring :(Yup, the old rules were like what you thought.
Parakeet wasn't possible before.
Most common result would have been sunrise or fuzzy, no fruitful.

enoch4
05-01-13, 01:41 PM
You mean if you pair a virtue (red and white) with a forest you can get a light? Or a fire?

Sorry, I stated what I meant totally wrong. I mean, pairings like diamond x night (I called it a hybrid, I meant it is a splitting element) can result in a single color outcome (I get lots of water with this pairing, why not just purple/blue hybrids?). Or when I bred crusader x mythic, I got a lot of air fails (so where did the red go?). With splitting colors, you can get a single color outcome, which just seems weird to me, because there are multiple colors in the den. Diamond x diamond, diamond x pure, or pure x pure used to be the only ones that gave single color outcomes. If multiple colors were in the den, you got multiple colors out.

So when was it that dragons had to pull from both parents? Do you know when it changed? For at least the last 6 months (so before it because troubling with the new elements), I have had plenty of outcomes trying for diamond where only one parent contributed to the offspring. Must have been early on, then?

itzjulezzz
05-01-13, 05:09 PM
You must be a new player, a player who did not experience the old rules.

But congrats!
hahhaha. I am not actually.

scottyhaha
05-01-13, 06:45 PM
Example:
Pairing a Life (red & green) and a Mist (yellow & blue) will result in an egg with a combination of either:
Red and yellow
Red and blue (or a Magic)
Green and yellow
Green and blue
Diamond (all 2 colors from each parent)

Now you can get those combinations plus:
Red and green without yellow or blue from the 2nd parent
Yellow and blue without red or green from the 1st parent

What I'm saying is it would be better to change it back to the way it was before.

Less possible results, happier players.
I don't know how far back you're going but since Nov. they have the breeding experiment thread( sticky). They already prove that breeding can comes from one parent.

zhynabella
05-05-13, 02:10 PM
Since the booster breed came to play, I have truly been getting nothing but common dragons and it gets old! I'm upset trying for mask and keep getting love, magics or anything else unrelated to the colors I am breeding, it grabs the grandparents colors instead....huh

HenryLucky1
05-05-13, 02:56 PM
If this rules back, I'll breed Diamond and Aether and get Mercury or Anubis. Lol

zhynabella
05-05-13, 07:14 PM
if it rules back, meanwhile, another aether, coral, magic or water. most likely.

If this rules back, I'll breed Diamond and Aether and get Mercury or Anubis. Lol

figuresk8er88
05-05-13, 07:51 PM
haha yeah, the splittings are getting out of control... been trying to get mask for ages, i've bred so many combinations of night/virtue (mostly night and chocolate), and NEVER ONCE have gotten even a black or pink hybrid fail (at least i could trade those in for gemstones...). after speeding for like 30 times and only ever getting corals, athletic, charm, dream, love, winter,etc, I've decided it's pointless to buy gold and try to speed breed. i know many people have also expressed on the forum that breeding nowadays is a joke. it's gotten more than simply frustrating, and I can't even remember the last time i successfully breeded something... maybe saturn? what's the point of playing anymore?

mistresskim07
05-05-13, 08:26 PM
I totally agree. Breeding now is very frustrating. I've cut my playing time and gold buying by more than half. I've been trying for the moon dragon for two weeks and have gotten everything but. It wasn't so bad during the time breeding and nesting were shortened. Now I'm just discouraged.

fagoggil
05-05-13, 09:55 PM
When it takes so.long to breed & so many fails all the fun goes!

crsty19612
05-06-13, 11:07 PM
Could some one please explain how you get a 22he mating from a fire and night paring? Yes please could we go back to the old rules, what is going on now is ridiculous!!

sunkalito
05-07-13, 02:24 AM
It's like the colors randomly split and shuffle together and they're like "Ehrmagherd, splihtz!"
It's way too annoying and random, nevermind the boggling issues implied by the dragons' hermaphroditism ...

Whoever thought of the new rules...
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlwX34BLMRyLrCcgdHqcs7hwKrvU9dk ceTq1qjtILmMzlqzLJjRw