PDA

View Full Version : Can't make progress - getting no where

bbarra
04-30-13, 09:18 AM
Gee..with only 30 energy and 2 workshops I just am having a hard time. Other players already have Sabrina, expansions, tinker shop, etc and I am so behind. Every time I turn around I have to use energy on monsters, chop trees and rocks, harvest but the resources I gained are gone right away. I do have a lot of maxed inventory but mostly fruit, flour, sugar etc. no way can I afford to get lumin essence or visit dark caves since so much is required to make the materials that I need for other things. I just bit the bullet and got my 4th library since 2 wasn't getting me any where and now trying to upgrade the last 2 new ones. And royal exchange is ****ing me. You think I'm gonna spend all my goldens just to get gems...which TL traps steal from me all the time. I'm lucky in the fact that I have plenty, almost max in what other players need...glimmer dust, living wood, sap...just spend all my time making wood beams, stone blocks and fancy materials. Almost done with fancy and royal but will have to make more to get enchanted and I'm an all day player! Suggestions PLEASE! Where did I go wrong?

lopilondy
04-30-13, 10:04 AM
Prioritize: pick one (or a few) goals for yourself and work your way towards them. For example, I'm currently working towards unlocking the magic garden thing. To get there, I need more royal points, so I'm building a theater. To this end, I'm spending most of my energy on getting glimmer dust (which is my rate limiting step).

Make sure you have 2 of each resource building, and that your wood and stone buildings are upgraded so they generate more frequently. I very rarely chop trees or rocks, since you only get 1 (sometimes 2) reserouces per energy. The resource producing building give you more per click

Make sure you are thinking about the most efficient use of each energy you have.

NOTE: make sure you're not doing things like regularly clicking the farm houses. Farm houses only give you a small amount of gold per energy. Unless gold is the *only* thing you're waiting on. And even then, just be a little more paitent gathering your gold and spend the energy you saved building up a stash of upgraded blocks and beams.

More to the point, realize that this is a game that can only go so fast without paying a bunch of money to buy gems to use to speed things up. Yeah, some players are further along than you, but you're further along than other players. If you have 4 libraries already, you're likely ahead of me - I only have 1.

Don't compare yourself with others.

bbarra
04-30-13, 10:45 AM
Prioritize: pick one (or a few) goals for yourself and work your way towards them. For example, I'm currently working towards unlocking the magic garden thing. To get there, I need more royal points, so I'm building a theater. To this end, I'm spending most of my energy on getting glimmer dust (which is my rate limiting step).

Make sure you have 2 of each resource building, and that your wood and stone buildings are upgraded so they generate more frequently. I very rarely chop trees or rocks, since you only get 1 (sometimes 2) reserouces per energy. The resource producing building give you more per click

Make sure you are thinking about the most efficient use of each energy you have.

NOTE: make sure you're not doing things like regularly clicking the farm houses. Farm houses only give you a small amount of gold per energy. Unless gold is the *only* thing you're waiting on. And even then, just be a little more paitent gathering your gold and spend the energy you saved building up a stash of upgraded blocks and beams.

More to the point, realize that this is a game that can only go so fast without paying a bunch of money to buy gems to use to speed things up. Yeah, some players are further along than you, but you're further along than other players. If you have 4 libraries already, you're likely ahead of me - I only have 1.

Don't compare yourself with others.
The other day I read in the forum where a player had 16 libraries just to get the spell books. Thx for your advice and I will work toward putting it into practice. I do waste energy on thinking I have to collect from everything. It's hard for me to just let it sit there. Even though I have $1,098,080 it still bugs me to see a lantern spire with a coin above it! Dumb!

wassupbaby
04-30-13, 10:48 AM
Lopilondy is right , dont compare yourself with others. Play your game and let they play theirs.I know it's hard sometimes when you see people get things so fast but trust me , they have to spend tons of gems to skip goals.just focus on your game .

lopilondy
04-30-13, 11:26 AM
The other day I read in the forum where a player had 16 libraries just to get the spell books. Thx for your advice and I will work toward putting it into practice. I do waste energy on thinking I have to collect from everything. It's hard for me to just let it sit there. Even though I have $1,098,080 it still bugs me to see a lantern spire with a coin above it! Dumb!

I know the feeling about wanting to click anything with something to collect. There are a few thing's I do to help out:

Anything I can put in my inventory, I leave there. IE out of sight, out of mind. For things like royal buildings that I need to still have out, I shuffle them off to the side, keeping what I'm working on in the middle of my meadow.

Other than that, I make sure I keep my eye on the prize so to speak. It's easier to ignore that blinking valentine tower when I remind myself what I'm actually trying to get, IE what's the next step toward the goal

bluebellgirl68
04-30-13, 05:03 PM
I'm only new to CS (level 17 ) and still have loads of goals to complete and it was ****ing me trying to do everything but having read a few posts I too realised I have to concentrate on a few goals and set a strategy accordingly. In the end I put a note in my IPad that lists in order what my priorities are so I can focus on them, in this way I got 2 watchtowers and 1 lantern spire built in a few hours having started from virtually nil coins after shelling out for the sawmill upgrade, this has got my royal points up ready for the next expansion and now I'm working on builders caravan to pay for that expansion.

prettyplease
04-30-13, 05:19 PM
You really do have to pick a goal line and stay with it sometimes, it can easily overwhelm if you are trying to do everything at once! The good (bad) news is, someday you will catch up and have nothing to do but wait for the next update ;) I use my inventory a lot, just stashed my royal exchange even. I realized it was stressing me out trying to have inventory on hand to get the payout there. Since I earned my tinker camp figured best to tuck that away until I am max on something again. Now I just go about as if the thing never existed and I'm quite content with that. I've pulled it out a couple times and done troll hunter or one of the energy trades to lower my inventory levels on those items. Good luck, and remember its a game. Just have fun with it (and ignore the coin drops unless you need it, money is easy to come by)

vchanhs
04-30-13, 06:10 PM
How did you guys get so much coins? I collect from my coins buildings all the time and I still living from expansion to expansion. (Meaning I expand, wait for coins, expand again). The resource buildings upgrade already took away 2mil. And the expansions are getting more and more expensive....omg...

maj1977
04-30-13, 09:32 PM

I have completely quit collecting from any coin buildings that don't give other items. I don't need the coin and my energy is better spent elsewhere. I focus on getting what I need for the one goal I'm working on while making sure I have some feasts prepared for adventure. I like to do dark caves every other day if possible. Using this method I am getting through goals as fast as possible without using gold to speed anything up. I did dedicate quit done energy getting trade tickets until my tinker camp was complete and I just got the deed for royal chateau today. Now all I'm working through is the sabina storyline and one day hoping an alicorn part will drop. :)