PDA

View Full Version : Living Wood Scarce

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 06:59 AM
It's already pretty tough getting rat tails for Belladonna's trade, but now I can't do it even when I've scra pped fifteen of the suckers together because suddenly I'm short on living wood!

I'm wasting precious, precious energy on trees too, because I've got plenty of wood and sap but that's all they give me for my trouble. It's silly, but I get excited about that trade because it's not easy to get to. Now it's even harder. And there are so many other tasks we have to work through, this one was like a little rush of satisfaction while waiting for the big payoffs. But that's gone now? I don't think it's worth the trouble at this point. Which kinda sucks.

I am officially frustrated.

WylieCoyote869
04-30-13, 08:20 AM
Buy TWO sawmills and upgrade at least one of them to Lvl 3. I get Living Wood some of the time. Otherwise, buy some trees and get to chopping, forsaking the precious energy. I've already done the quest once and still have a supply of LW.

lopilondy
04-30-13, 10:09 AM
For my part, I view the exchange trades as something I do when they're available, but I don't ever specifically work toward them.

But like Wylie said, make sure you have two upgraded sawmills and you click them each time they're ready. There's not a whole lot of other things living wood is used for (that i've seen yet, anyway), so eventually it'll build up.

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 02:58 PM
Now that I'm looking for words within the word I kinda get it. The alarm word rhymes with the original. -.- My bad.

Thank you for the advice! And yeah, I was wondering how it got so low when it's hardly ever used. I was hoarding from both my sawmills but when I maxed out on wood it was no longer a priority. Silly me.

As for the trades, I'm one who got the chateau first so I'm trying like a mad woman to build up tickets. I try always to have one going. That and I hate to see my buildings idle.

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 02:59 PM
You all are funny! It's early here and it took me a while to get it. I can be rather s-l-o-w. :D

Rockinkitten
05-20-13, 02:05 AM
I can't seem to get living wood from the trees now. I chopped away 120 energy and wasted ALL of my collected forest and got only 5 living wood out of it. What am I doing wrong?

lotuskat
05-20-13, 10:14 AM
I can't seem to get living wood from the trees now. I chopped away 120 energy and wasted ALL of my collected forest and got only 5 living wood out of it. What am I doing wrong?

It's all pretty random so you might've just hit a dry spell. Have you upgraded the sawmills? They tend to produce a bit of living wood now and then.

bluebird5555
05-22-13, 04:54 PM
OMG!! I am maxed out on living wood and keep getting the message I can't hold anymore!?!

vchanhs
05-22-13, 05:10 PM
OMG!! I am maxed out on living wood and keep getting the message I can't hold anymore!?!

I started making ornate beams recently so that I can collect more living wood as I already have 99 of it. Just got a feeling that it will be useful in future. Sawmills are the best source for living wood. Make sure both are upgraded to collect more often. I chop a lot of white birch too so I don't see any dry spell for living wood.

patriziaf
07-07-13, 04:30 PM
After the mermaid scales penury (now solved), this week there is a new one: living wood. I need dozens, and I receive one or two a day from the sawmills essentially... So I bought trees, and trees,....
I had to hack up 6 trees before receiving one living wood. And crafting living wood gives you white petals penury...
I use all my energy for that and I can't do others things.

arale_norimaki
07-08-13, 08:39 AM
I agree that the amounts of living wood dropped by sawmill or trees are just ridiculous. Imo the best option is to chop trees, just in case anything drops, and as soon as you have enough wood to craft one, craft it (or water some iceland poppy patch or white trillium to get some white petals if you need any).

Don't forget that you may get Living wood also from the Magic Garden, Ivy's hut, Sir Piggy, Feed the Baron or Search the Vault adventure :)

Queenzod
07-08-13, 12:24 PM
Yes, once you get up in levels and start making lots of pastes and cement, the living wood gets scarce, 'cos you use 15 each time and it only returns at 3 or 4 a day. I think it would be neat to have an Ent-like creature who wanders around like a regular character and drops LW.

sdwombat
07-08-13, 12:48 PM
Living wood also seems to have disappeared out of my kingdom as well. i made enough in the Potion Shop for my architect's paste, but cannot see doing that for the 15 I need for each ornate beam.

Queenzod
07-08-13, 03:24 PM
Living wood also seems to have disappeared out of my kingdom as well. i made enough in the Potion Shop for my architect's paste, but cannot see doing that for the 15 I need for each ornate beam.

It occurs to me that in a month well be complaining about water or something and maxed out on LW. It's always something...

patriziaf
07-08-13, 06:06 PM
And you didn't think that this is a strategy of TL to make the game "more interesting" = to make the player suffer. Algorithms... every 2 week a different penury.. changing the rules during tha game...
It's incredibile that sometimes I buy rocks and all what I obtain is a coin and a star... I have plenty of Pink trees and now the Pink wood is practically useless.