PDA

View Full Version : What food gift is best?

locika06
04-28-13, 12:10 PM
My understanding is that cappuccino is the best gift to give if you gift food, this is because the value of one cappuccino when you make it is 10 coins (730 portions sell for 7300). So a gift of 50 portions of cappuccino is worth 500.

Next down on the goodness scale are Croissant and Hot Chocolate. These have a cooked value of 4 each, so 100 portions as a gift is worth 400.

Nest down is Chocolate Cake, this has a cooked value of 2, so 150 portions as a gift is worth 300.

Worst is Brownies which have a cooked value of 1, so 200 portions as a gift is worth 200.

I've been trying to persuade my neighbours to gift cappuccino based on the above simple calculations, but recently one neighbour challenged my belief by saying that Chocolate cake as a gift is worth 700 per portion!!! This seems incredible to me and un-believable, so I asked this player if he/she was 100% sure since this means that a single gift of 150 portions would have a value of 105,000, and if someone got the limit of 20 gifts of chocolate cake in one day, this would be worth 2.1million, just with 3000 portions of gifted chocolate cake!!

I simply can?t believe it, but just want to ask those more knowledgeable than me... Is gifted food really worth a different value than cooked food? And if so, is chocolate cake really worth 700 per portion??

Thanks! :-)

sourlicorice5
04-28-13, 12:14 PM
Cappuccino is the best food gift. There may be less of it but coin earnage is better then the others. You can make more coins from Capp then cake. Your nbr is incorrect.

locika06
04-28-13, 12:17 PM
So it's 100% true that the value per portion of gifted food is the same as the valus per portion of the same food when cooked?

sourlicorice5
04-28-13, 12:25 PM
Yes it is true.

locika06
04-28-13, 12:36 PM
That's what I thought... The other advantage of cappuccino, apart from it being the most valuable gift, is that it's woth 10 per portion, so it's a 'high value' food which will get money in faster and won't clog your counters...

It's bizzarre how one player seems so convinced that chocolate cake is worth 700 PER PORTION!!!

His reply to my questioning his stated value of chocolate cake was a bit confusing to say the least, but he is convinced that it's 700 per portion... see if you can figure the reply out:

"ya it is true, u told that 1 cappuccino is $10 but it contains $7300 it is a hint. 4 one day I cook 20 dishes n i get more than 50,000 loss n next day i get one lakh it is my hint now i have more than obe crore! use my hint n save your money to get q"

Go figure!! :-)

sourlicorice5
04-28-13, 01:24 PM
That's what I thought... The other advantage of cappuccino, apart from it being the most valuable gift, is that it's woth 10 per portion, so it's a 'high value' food which will get money in faster and won't clog your counters...

It's bizzarre how one player seems so convinced that chocolate cake is worth 700 PER PORTION!!!

His reply to my questioning his stated value of chocolate cake was a bit confusing to say the least, but he is convinced that it's 700 per portion... see if you can figure the reply out:

"ya it is true, u told that 1 cappuccino is $10 but it contains $7300 it is a hint. 4 one day I cook 20 dishes n i get more than 50,000 loss n next day i get one lakh it is my hint now i have more than obe crore! use my hint n save your money to get q"

Go figure!! :-)

I don't understand your nbrs post. I'm wondering if English is his native language. Either way he's wrong. Cap is the best. I've been playing for two years now you are definelty right about cap being the best gift.

islanddoll1
04-28-13, 03:29 PM
I too can't understand the message your neighbor sent. Hands down, Cappuccino is the best gift.
20 gifts x 50 cups per gift = 1000 portions
1000 portions x $10 per portion = $10,000
My neighbors seem not to understand this simple math as well. Another upside of cappuccino is that it will sell out faster because the portions are so small so that means more coins, faster.

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 06:03 PM
glad I read this...I always just gift back whatever someone gifts me...... now I'll try sending them the cappo instead.... it's 12 hours to make it so it would make sense it's the best gift to give...although lately I've been wishing people would send me gears and stuff because I was trying to build an ice cream maker and had to ask for all the parts.... luckily I have great neighbors and I got everything within a day.

locika06
04-30-13, 12:27 AM
Thanks everyone, I though I'd missed some critical twist of the game (i.e. a gifted food has a different sale price then when that food is made), it makes sense that this isn't true, but my neighbour was so convinced, that it made me unsure...

If a neighbour gifts me anything other than cappuccino I kindly ask them to gift cappuccino instead, some do and some don't... the ones that do, I thank... the ones that don't I kindly ask again... If a neighbour ignores my request 3 tims and also doesn't tip regularly, I delete them ;-) It seems ruthless I know, but if a mass gifter keeps putting 'junk food' in my news box so that I max out, this stops good food coming in, so to 'play the game', the next tactical step is to delete them... :-)

CruiserBobs
04-30-13, 09:10 AM
If a neighbour gifts me anything other than cappuccino I kindly ask them to gift cappuccino instead, some do and some don't... the ones that do, I thank... the ones that don't I kindly ask again... If a neighbour ignores my request 3 tims and also doesn't tip regularly, I delete them ;-) It seems ruthless I know, but if a mass gifter keeps putting 'junk food' in my news box so that I max out, this stops good food coming in, so to 'play the game', the next tactical step is to delete them... :-)

I know what you mean. Although I prefer parts over food. I just don't understand why people would gift brownies or chocolate cake, especially my level 99 neighbors. I would delete them but then they gift everyday so they might be useful for requests at least...

sourlicorice5
04-30-13, 09:43 AM
glad I read this...I always just gift back whatever someone gifts me...... now I'll try sending them the cappo instead.... it's 12 hours to make it so it would make sense it's the best gift to give...although lately I've been wishing people would send me gears and stuff because I was trying to build an ice cream maker and had to ask for all the parts.... luckily I have great neighbors and I got everything within a day.

Some people actually prefer parts. Capp is just the best food gift to send. It could be some of your nbrs would prefer parts. Myself I don't care what I get. I gift back what's gifted me. Most of my nbrs know to gift me what they want me to gift them. I find it easier that way. Or they can post on my wall what they want. If neither I gift a usable part of my choosing.

nightshine7
05-08-13, 04:42 AM
Wow...these forums really shed a light on how players truly think of their neighbors...lol. I, for one, play solely for enjoyment and carry all gift food/drinks on my counters. I can post in all large caps on my wall "PLEASE FOOD/DRINKS ONLY..WILL DELETE PARTS" all day long and STILL get parts gifted. I prefer to request my parts as needed. Most players do NOT pay attention to wall messages. Really don't think most care either. Here's one I like...."tips full"....and there's like 8-10 available tables.

islanddoll1
05-08-13, 07:35 PM
Wow...these forums really shed a light on how players truly think of their neighbors...lol. I, for one, play solely for enjoyment and carry all gift food/drinks on my counters. I can post in all large caps on my wall "PLEASE FOOD/DRINKS ONLY..WILL DELETE PARTS" all day long and STILL get parts gifted. I prefer to request my parts as needed. Most players do NOT pay attention to wall messages. Really don't think most care either. Here's one I like...."tips full"....and there's like 8-10 available tables.

Could probably mean they tipped and your gifts are full (reached maximum), use of proper punctuation is so necessary lol

greengold7
05-09-13, 10:48 AM
I like this one better, "tpd", "t" or "tipped" - no mistaking here cause these all mean the party tipped my tables but since I didn't clear my tables... how could they have tipped??? I double checked newsfeed and showed my last tipper was from 7 days ago... and I checked my tables again and they are full... I just went back to tip that party (a sign of my generosity) and deleted their message... but this has happened a few times to me, even from high level players... o_o

Ranunkula
05-10-13, 03:32 PM
I like this one better, "tpd", "t" or "tipped" - no mistaking here cause these all mean the party tipped my tables but since I didn't clear my tables... how could they have tipped??? I double checked newsfeed and showed my last tipper was from 7 days ago... and I checked my tables again and they are full... I just went back to tip that party (a sign of my generosity) and deleted their message... but this has happened a few times to me, even from high level players... o_o

As i know after 14 days all tips will get deleted if you did not collect them, so that it is possible to tip again. Perhaps these neighbors did tip as there were again free tables and your tables filled up in those 7 days ? Happens sadly very often with neighbors of me, i tip several days, then no place to tip, and then after some days i am able to tip again. I felt silly as one neighbor came back on a day when all those tips were obviously deleted and complained that there were no tips.
As i write this i am thinking that i should perhaps delete some of them.