PDA

View Full Version : Gold Gifting Glitch

dragonlord196
04-25-13, 11:18 AM
Is anyone else having a problem gifting gold?

Since yesterday, I can receive gold sent from neighbors, but as soon as I accept, they get remmoved from the list. The other older gifts remain on the list but the Gift Back button is dimmed/inactive.

This is happening on my iPad only (Merlin's Realm Account) My android devices do not seem to be impacted.

kis1
04-25-13, 12:57 PM
If the person who gifted you disappears after you accept their gold it means you have already sent that person gold within the last 24 hours, when your whole list of people who have given you gold disappears you have sent your maximum of 3 for that day

Vivi_Aireta
04-25-13, 05:40 PM
Me too (can't give back to 'some' neighbors)
I'm an Android user.

:(

Vivi_Aireta
04-25-13, 05:41 PM
And yes, this problem starts since yesterday :(

dragonlord196
04-26-13, 08:19 AM
If the person who gifted you disappears after you accept their gold it means you have already sent that person gold within the last 24 hours, when your whole list of people who have given you gold disappears you have sent your maximum of 3 for that day

Thank you for your reply. I am a long time player and understand how the gifting works.

I am actually having an issue where I have now been unable to gift gold for the past 3 days.

New gold does come in, however when I click on the accept button, the entry disappears from the list. If I exit the game and go back in, the entry/entries that had disappeard are back on the list, however the Gift Back button is still dimmed.

Again, I have not been able to gift gold to anyone for the past 3 days.

I have sent an email to Support but got only a generic response back as to how the gifting works.

One additional piece of information is that this is not exclusive to iOS devices as Vivi_Aireta is an Android user having the same issue. I also have another "Real Life" neighbor that is also experiencing this issus on his Android device.

I have 4 devices total that I play Dragon Story on, 1 iOS and 3 Android devices. My 3 Android devices are all working fine.

Can one of the MODS please take a look into this? My trouble ticket number is 684073

I am sure that my Gifting Neighbors will understand for a day or two, but I am afraid that my Gifting relationships (since beginning of game) will become strained!

Thank you.

kooky panda
04-26-13, 09:35 AM
I am on IOS and I have not experienced this issue.
Are you playing the regular Dragon game version 1.4?

Is this limited to your news message list?
Have you tried to gift gold directly to a neighbor when you are at their island?
Have you tried gifting directly from your neighbors list?

I will go ahead and flag this over.

dragonlord196
04-26-13, 10:47 AM
I am on IOS and I have not experienced this issue.
Are you playing the regular Dragon game version 1.4?

Is this limited to your news message list?
Have you tried to gift gold directly to a neighbor when you are at their island?
Have you tried gifting directly from your neighbors list?

I will go ahead and flag this over.

Kooky,

Thanks.

I am playing Regular Dragon Story, most recent version.
I have deleted the game and reinstalled to no avail.
Happens in Valentines Day and New Dawn also

I am unable to see the Gift Box when visiting ANY Neighbors Island

Issue with the Dimmed Gift button is limited to the News Feed

After doing some further digging, it appears that ANYONE who has ever gifted me gold is also missing from my Neighbor List

I can visit those Neigobors who are missing from my Neighbor List only from News Feed or from Wall Posts from them. They still appear as Neighbors as I get the Daily Bonus for visit and can play 6 Dragons.

It seems as though I may be able to gift directly from my Neighbors list but I have not tried since I am trying to gift back to neighbors that have gifted me. (see above, these Neighbors are no longer showing up on my Neighbors list)

dragonlord196
04-26-13, 11:17 AM
Kooky,

Thanks.

I am playing Regular Dragon Story, most recent version.
I have deleted the game and reinstalled to no avail.
Happens in Valentines Day and New Dawn also

I am unable to see the Gift Box when visiting ANY Neighbors Island

Issue with the Dimmed Gift button is limited to the News Feed

After doing some further digging, it appears that ANYONE who has ever gifted me gold is also missing from my Neighbor List

I can visit those Neigobors who are missing from my Neighbor List only from News Feed or from Wall Posts from them. They still appear as Neighbors as I get the Daily Bonus for visit and can play 6 Dragons.

It seems as though I may be able to gift directly from my Neighbors list but I have not tried since I am trying to gift back to neighbors that have gifted me. (see above, these Neighbors are no longer showing up on my Neighbors list)

I have just validated with my "Real Life" Neighbor that is having the same issue on Android that all of the above pertains to his issue as well, including the Neighbors missing from his Neighbors List.

sweetstuff525
04-26-13, 11:18 AM
It could be that those neighbors maybe deleted you? So therefore you can't send gold to those because they are no longer your neighbors.

Can you send other neighbors ? Try to see if that's the case

dragonlord196
04-26-13, 11:24 AM
It could be that those neighbors maybe deleted you? So therefore you can't send gold to those because they are no longer your neighbors.

Can you send other neighbors ? Try to see if that's the case

The neighbors are still sending me gold and have not deleted me.

I can visit their Island from wall posts or news feed and have confirmed that they are still my neighbor (ie Play 6 and get the Daily Visit Bonus)

As a matter of fact, I have 4 Dragon Story games going; one on iOS and the other 3 are on Android. I have not deleted myself as a Neighbor but all 3 Android device Islands are missing from my iOS Neighbor list.

sweetstuff525
04-26-13, 11:31 AM
Wow that's weird

sassymilo
04-27-13, 08:55 AM
My husband and I are both having this problem on our iPhone 5's since the day if the latest dragonstory update that we downloaded from the App Store. We both have missing neighbors from our neighbor lists. We cannot gift back anyone that gifts us. Those neighbors are still our neighbors because we can still visit them from either the news reel or if they chatted on our walls and get the neighbor bonus and can play with 6 of their dragons, but there is no gift button that shows up at the bottom of the screen even when we haven't gifted anyone that day. I can go to my neighbor list and gift anyone that shows up there, but it seems all my usual gold givers have poofed from that list. They have even disappeared from the list when you go to gift one person and you can check others. Most of the people who have gifted me recently do not show up in that list either. This is really annoying and I hope it is fixed soon. It has been 3 days now of not being able to gift back anyone who gifts me. :-( Thanks for taking the time to resolve this soon! ;-)

sassymilo
04-27-13, 09:03 AM
4 days now actually. And I have tried deleting the game and re-downloading it twice but it makes no difference.

kooky panda
04-27-13, 01:48 PM
Wow, this is strange. I have also added to the bug report the fact that neighbors are also missing from your neighbors list.
Sassymilo and Dragonlord196 can you send an email to support@teamlava.com ?
When you get your support ticket number can you send me a PM with your storm ID and the support ticket number so I can add these to the bug report?

sassymilo
04-27-13, 03:00 PM
Will do, thank you for the help! :-)

trish_26
04-27-13, 05:52 PM
I've noticed the same gifting issue playing on an Android phone. It seems that I can only give 3 neighbors MAXIMUM a gold gift. I don't even get the option to send a gift daily, and when I visit a neighbor's island that option doesn't show. I had been seeing the same 3 ppl at the top of my "gift back" list for over 2 weeks now, and as soon as I send those 3 ppl gifts all of the other neighbors disappear from the list. It's like after I give my 3 gold gifts I'm forcibly done gifting for the day. To test this, I decided to skip one of the ppl from the "top 3" that I see frequently, and gift another person the gold. Sure enough, as soon as neighbor #3 got the gold gift, everyone else was greyed out. This happened in regular DS and the Spring Edition.

maguar
04-27-13, 06:07 PM
I've noticed the same gifting issue playing on an Android phone. It seems that I can only give 3 neighbors MAXIMUM a gold gift. I don't even get the option to send a gift daily, and when I visit a neighbor's island that option doesn't show. I had been seeing the same 3 ppl at the top of my "gift back" list for over 2 weeks now, and as soon as I send those 3 ppl gifts all of the other neighbors disappear from the list. It's like after I give my 3 gold gifts I'm forcibly done gifting for the day. To test this, I decided to skip one of the ppl from the "top 3" that I see frequently, and gift another person the gold. Sure enough, as soon as neighbor #3 got the gold gift, everyone else was greyed out. This happened in regular DS and the Spring Edition.

The limit has always been three gifts a day. If you selected more than that at once it would randomly select three within that list.

DragonRA7
04-27-13, 08:01 PM
There is most definitely a problem with gifting I'm have the exact same issue. I'm getting close to lvl 94 and have never had this issue....

boboseng
04-27-13, 09:31 PM
Hi gm.

Good morning, there is a bug in your gold gifting. Mystic map gifting is fine but gold is bug for me for over a week now. i had email to your support 3 days ago but no reply so i trying to get help here too.
I cannot send any gold to any neighbour at all. When i click gift it will always say i have gift to this person today already. This is bug because i have not been able to gift gold to anyone for a week already. I am lv94 playing valentine version. I try download and play normal version also same bug. Please help. Attach my pic u can see i got 40 message in my news unable to clear due to the gold bug.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2btclt.jpg

Many thanks.

boboseng
04-27-13, 09:35 PM
This is the pic showing the 40 uncleared message
http://i41.tinypic.com/2jbkt2o.jpg

phoenixmap
04-28-13, 05:04 AM
yesss i got same problem, team lava please do something

henrylucky
04-28-13, 05:31 AM
This is the pic showing the 40 uncleared message
http://i41.tinypic.com/2jbkt2o.jpg

Can you tap on "Gift Back" button?

kwhales
04-28-13, 05:39 AM
Have you tried gifting from the island itself?

salinho
04-28-13, 05:43 AM
Have you tried gifting from the island itself?

Give that a try. It's a tempirary solution (if it works) but a solution nonetheless!

sassymilo
04-28-13, 06:18 AM
5 days now. This morning I wrote down the names of all the neighbors that sent me gold before I accepted them. As soon as I accept the gold they disappear from my news list, and when I went to look for them in my neighbor list, not even one if them was there. It is definitely only the people who have gifted me since the latest update who are missing from my neighbor list.

sassymilo
04-28-13, 06:26 AM
I have 2000 (the max amount) neighbors btw, if that information helps the cause at all. I don't think my husband does though, and he's still having the same exact problem it seems.

boboseng
04-28-13, 07:31 AM
hi,

yes i have tried taping the GIFT button and it will always say "you cannot gift this person because you had gift him today already. But of cos i did not gift to anyone for 1 week already. This happen to anyone on my list.
yes i have also tried visiting my neighbour's island. Then i will not see a GIFT buttom at my neighbour island.
I am pretty sure this is game bug, since i have been playing for a long time, and since other players are having the same bug here too. btw my ticket number is (#683800)

nylear13
04-28-13, 07:40 AM
I have a slightly different problem with gifting, I'm not really sure if its a bug. These couple of days whenever I try to gift back a neighbour gold, I'll get a message that that neighbour has already received the max number of gold for the day. of course it might be because they really have already received the max number, but it has been happening really really often lately and I'm doubtful that its really the case since I've been playing for a while and gifting the same few neighbours for months without encountering this issue.

I've also been getting the message that my map requests are not sent out because I've alr requested for the day even though I've just finished a 3day expansion and was requesting for the next round, but I've noticed that I do still receive the maps though

kooky panda
04-28-13, 09:51 AM
This has been reported, I am going to merge this thread with the current bug thread.

boboseng
04-29-13, 05:27 AM
just to update i am using iphone 4S. so i suppose both IOS and android got this problem.

Disel8
04-29-13, 06:43 AM
I use an android device (Galaxy tab2 10.1) and I have the same problem, haven't been able to send gold for days, all my neighbours gift tab is dim and when I push it it says I have already sent them gold today!!! Iv had this problem the last week.Help!!

sassymilo
04-30-13, 07:09 AM
Well I've lost track of how many days its been now. I got a reply to my ticket yesterday, but it was just a generic reply explaining the gold mechanics. :-(

vickielea
04-30-13, 07:27 AM
I want to add my name n devise to this problem. I play on an Android Toshiba Thrive and have this problem as of this morning. I accepted gifts this am from 3 neighbors. The same neighbors I have been gifted and gift back for months. I can not send them gifts today. The message says I have already sent Max gifts today to them. All gifts buttons on all neighbors are greyed out. Please help.

dragfed
05-01-13, 07:52 AM
I've been having this problem for over a week, also! I am iOS and have restarted my device, re-installed, tried gifting directly from the neighbor's island, etc. I also contacted support but have not heard back yet

sassymilo
05-01-13, 07:59 AM
I also noticed this morning that it doesn't seem to just be the people who have gifted me who disappear from my neighbor list. I tried just visiting people who had posted on my wall who I'm pretty sure have never gifted me before and when I was at their island the gift button disappeared before I could click it, again, I had not gifted anyone yet today at that point. It happened with every neighbor I visited who had posted on my wall over night, and then when I went to see if they were in my neighbor list, they had poofed too! So it seems just visiting neighbors makes them disappear and not be giftable. :-(

DragonRA7
05-01-13, 10:38 AM
I wish they would fix this my gifting is all out of whack plus my girlfriend has disappeared from my friends list even though when I tried to add her again it says she's already a neighbor

spectacular2nv
05-01-13, 01:56 PM
please fix the gold issue.... i could only gift 2 gold per day since last week.
i feel like i'm falling behind returning gold.

dragonlord196
05-03-13, 04:24 AM
Wondering if there is any progress on this issue....I have not been able to gift back for over a week now

Vivi_Aireta
05-03-13, 07:10 PM
Still ... - -"

Vivi_Aireta
05-05-13, 07:34 PM
Cannot give gold to almost of my neighbors for 10 days :(
Any progress ?

kooky panda
05-06-13, 08:19 AM
I will recheck on this bug report guys.
Thanks

dragonlord196
05-06-13, 11:14 AM
I will recheck on this bug report guys.
Thanks

Thanks Kooky.....

[S8] Elsa
05-06-13, 05:58 PM
Hi gm.

Good morning, there is a bug in your gold gifting. Mystic map gifting is fine but gold is bug for me for over a week now. i had email to your support 3 days ago but no reply so i trying to get help here too.
I cannot send any gold to any neighbour at all. When i click gift it will always say i have gift to this person today already. This is bug because i have not been able to gift gold to anyone for a week already. I am lv94 playing valentine version. I try download and play normal version also same bug. Please help. Attach my pic u can see i got 40 message in my news unable to clear due to the gold bug.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2btclt.jpg

Many thanks.

I noticed you're playing on an older version of the game. Please try updating to Dragon 1.4, which is the most up to date version for iOS. Thanks!

HenryLucky1
05-06-13, 07:26 PM
I noticed you're playing on an older version of the game. Please try updating to Dragon 1.4, which is the most up to date version for iOS. Thanks!

You're true, it's Valentine. Well, I hope it'll work :)

boboseng
05-07-13, 05:12 AM

hi thanks for replying. The problem exist with version 1.4 too. see attached pic.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34q4duh.png
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ludm4m&s=5

boboseng
05-07-13, 05:13 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ludm4m.jpg

picklylily
05-07-13, 07:03 AM
When this usually happens to me, I force close the game. Well, almost everyday actually. Happens when I'm about to receive the daily bonus but my game is left open. So I force close and the gift back button becomes active. And then I also receive my bonus. :3

boboseng
05-07-13, 08:22 AM
When this usually happens to me, I force close the game. Well, almost everyday actually. Happens when I'm about to receive the daily bonus but my game is left open. So I force close and the gift back button becomes active. And then I also receive my bonus. :3

i force close my game many times a day (i always completely close all my games when i done playing) and even uninstall and reinstall the latest version many times. and it is still bug.

DragonRA7
05-07-13, 09:36 AM
I'm still having this issue with gold gifting also noticed that my girlfriend is gone from my friends list had her remove me. I re added her she would be on mine and then I'd vanish from hers weird...

[S8] Elsa
05-07-13, 10:38 AM
For those of you who play other TeamLava games, is this happening exclusively in Dragon Story?

eternity2507
05-07-13, 11:07 AM
I am experiencing exactly the same gold gifting problems & vanishing neighbours problem. iOS user on latest version.

mavac
05-07-13, 03:01 PM
I play restaurant story and can gift fine, but cannot gift gold in dragon story

mavac
05-07-13, 03:03 PM
I pay rs and gifting is fine there but I cannot gift gold in dragon story

sassymilo
05-07-13, 05:42 PM
I play castle story also and gifting is fine there. It does seem that maybe the issue is fixed as of just this evening! My missing neighbors have showed up again. Woot! Hopefully I will be able to gift them too tomorrow. Will keep you updated. ;-)

boboseng
05-07-13, 10:25 PM
Suddenly this morning i am able to send gold again. I didnt do anything it just happened, hope the bug dun come back again lol

Vivi_Aireta
05-08-13, 12:29 AM
I can now gift back to all of my neighbors
Thank you so much kooky panda
(And every TL team who helping me in this problem too :D )

boboseng
05-08-13, 06:09 AM
i wanna say thank you support team too! ;)

dragonlord196
05-08-13, 06:19 AM
Thank you to all involved with resolving the Glitch. I am now able to Gift Gold back to my neighbors.

DragonRA7
05-08-13, 09:23 AM
Fixed for me aswell thx

[S8] Elsa
05-08-13, 09:53 AM
The issue has been resolved. :)

sassymilo
05-08-13, 04:25 PM
Yep, woot! Thanks again Kooky Panda for all your help with this. :-)

Vivi_Aireta
05-25-13, 06:10 AM
It happen to me again :(
Can't gift back to my neighbors >_<

Altairland
10-13-13, 06:27 PM
I haven't been able to gift back any of my friends except for the Stormie‘s Park. But sometimes I'm able to gift back a person or two randomly. People are gifting me and I can't reward them back :(...I hope it gets fixed

kooky panda
10-13-13, 07:31 PM
I haven't been able to gift back any of my friends except for the Stormie?s Park. But sometimes I'm able to gift back a person or two randomly. People are gifting me and I can't reward them back :(...I hope it gets fixed

You can only send three gifts per day.

fabazoo
11-20-13, 10:35 AM
The issue has been resolved. :)
Not for me!! Since I 1st started playing Ive been unable to "Gift" any Gold!! The Gift button is missing entirely from my screen & upon initially signing on I see Ive received Gifts og gold from many players, but after accepting 2 MAYB 3 gifts, all the others dissapear!!

Can some1 from TeamLava PLEASE troubleshoot this problem in my game settings?

Im not familiar with exactly how how the forum works, but Id really like to play D.S. but without the ability to send or receive gold its pointless to play!

Thank you,
Jenna/Storm8 ID: Fabazoo

kooky panda
11-20-13, 11:13 AM
Not for me!! Since I 1st started playing Ive been unable to "Gift" any Gold!! The Gift button is missing entirely from my screen & upon initially signing on I see Ive received Gifts og gold from many players, but after accepting 2 MAYB 3 gifts, all the others dissapear!!

Can some1 from TeamLava PLEASE troubleshoot this problem in my game settings?

Im not familiar with exactly how how the forum works, but Id really like to play D.S. but without the ability to send or receive gold its pointless to play!

Thank you,
Jenna/Storm8 ID: Fabazoo

Check your device and make sure you have the most current version offered.
What is the version number of the game you are playing?(small number at the bottom of the screen under the menu/help button.

Nettypooh41
11-21-13, 04:53 PM
I can only gift 3 people a day. If I try more I get a message saying I already gave. I have a galaxy 2.

doop01
11-21-13, 04:57 PM
I can only gift 3 people a day. If I try more I get a message saying I already gave. I have a galaxy 2.
That's correct. Only 3 gifts per day are allowed for everyone :)

Nettypooh41
11-21-13, 05:03 PM
That sucks! We will never have enough gold this way. I guess this how they get money. This is also why no one gifts me any more. Ok, I do not feel so bad.

edington111
02-03-14, 05:46 AM
Team lava. This is such a crock. It was always 20 gifts a day. Now you change it. You didn't even bother to change it in the directions of the game!!! I thought it was an update gone wrong and was awaiting a fix. I guess I will just play my other games only now. Bad call. This is not how you get people to play.

kooky panda
02-03-14, 05:55 AM
Team lava. This is such a crock. It was always 20 gifts a day. Now you change it. You didn't even bother to change it in the directions of the game!!! I thought it was an update gone wrong and was awaiting a fix. I guess I will just play my other games only now. Bad call. This is not how you get people to play.

This has not been changed. Since the release of Dragon story, you can SEND 3 gifts per day, and you can RECIEVE up to 20 gifts per day.