PDA

View Full Version : Mithril needed for forging Magic Scissors!

Koalalady247
04-27-13, 06:14 PM
Does anyone have any idea where the Mithril comes from which is needed to make the scissors! I have tried Sir P, upgrading, mining every rock I could find to no avail! Two are needed for this quest and are available at 120 gems each...a tad excessive!

Baraze
04-27-13, 06:15 PM
Try the explore dark cave adventure. I got a couple from there.

debsbaked
04-27-13, 06:16 PM
they can be crafted in the forge, too.

sdwombat
04-27-13, 06:21 PM
they can be crafted in the forge, too.

But only if you have the 4th shard, and my tablet refuses to give it up so far.

Koalalady247
04-27-13, 06:35 PM
But only if you have the 4th shard, and my tablet refuses to give it up so far.
None received from the Dark Caves and I only have 3 shards so that would explain it! Thanks!

maguar
04-27-13, 06:41 PM
I've asked about mithril to see if there's any easy way to get it for this. Will let you know

sdwombat
04-27-13, 06:58 PM
I've asked about mithril to see if there's any easy way to get it for this. Will let you know

Awesome! Thanks :)

cheryllemon
04-27-13, 07:10 PM
I can craft it in my magic forge

maguar
04-27-13, 07:23 PM

You're lucky to have completed the fourth shard quest. Not everyone has been able to get that so they have to rely on mining or sir pig to get it but its very rare.

vchanhs
04-27-13, 09:19 PM
I knew this goal will stop a lot of people when I saw it. I only got 1 the normal way after 4 months of playing.

freesiawoods
04-27-13, 11:41 PM
How many mithril are needed please? Cannot remember where mithril comes from either but i think i got one from the dark cave formation.

wassupbaby
04-28-13, 01:43 AM
2 is needed . After crafting my scissors i still have extra 14 mithrils. It's just a waste that i cant gift it :X

jamalo
04-28-13, 04:37 AM

Thanks for asking.. I have the same problem..playing for months already, doing dark caves almost daily, cashing piggy at least 8 times a day, hit away 4 dark cave formations last couple of days and not one single mithrill...

elaur
04-28-13, 05:11 AM
I knew this goal will stop a lot of people when I saw it. I only got 1 the normal way after 4 months of playing.

That's pretty much where I am. 1 Mitchell after months of playing (level 30) and I have to pay 120 gems to continue her quest line. I recently bought gems but that's a lot for one item. I still haven't paid for the Alicorn part for 120 gems. i use gems on goals but over a hundred for a part TL chose to make extremely rare???

elaur
04-28-13, 05:20 AM
Ah you can skip the goal (and two days crafting time) for 100 gems. I'm sorely tempted. :(

mymummy789
04-28-13, 05:27 AM
I am sure I got some from an adventure but now it has vanished!! Guess it wasn't what I thought it was.

elaur
04-28-13, 07:12 AM
I am leaning torward being stubborn and just not doing this quest line until I get a second mithril. I bet in some weak moment ill click the skip button :(

sdwombat
04-28-13, 07:21 AM
I am leaning torward being stubborn and just not doing this quest line until I get a second mithril. I bet in some weak moment ill click the skip button :(

I am trying to be strong (& stubborn) about this as well. I want to figure out a way to get the mithril! Have 1 (assuming it came from Sir P) so sent knights out to explore the dark caves, hoping for a dark cave formation. Thx to my generous neighbors, felt I could spare the wisps. Would love the 4th shard, of course, but I get a troll each time I collect, instead of the hoped-for shard. :(

catcrack
04-28-13, 08:20 AM
Thank goodness a use for that stuff, I was worried I was going to max out another material in my storage。

(=^ェ^=)

elaur
04-28-13, 04:45 PM
Sdwombat let me know that you can get it from dark cave formations. I've had four sitting on my land for a while! I got my second mithril on my sixth chop of my first formation. Yay!

sdwombat
04-28-13, 04:56 PM
Sdwombat let me know that you can get it from dark cave formations. I've had four sitting on my land for a while! I got my second mithril on my sixth chop of my first formation. Yay!

Yay! But the tip wasn't mine--I read it on here from freesia woods :)

giantcookie
04-28-13, 05:07 PM
What happens if u skip a goal? Do u get penalized in some way?

rengirl1978
04-28-13, 07:16 PM
I have gotten it from Sir Piggy and also my mines.

catcrack
04-28-13, 07:49 PM
I have so many Mithrils that I'm contemplating crafting a second pair of magic scissors.
Think there will be another use for the stuff?

vchanhs
04-28-13, 08:03 PM
I have so many Mithrils that I'm contemplating crafting a second pair of magic scissors.
Think there will be another use for the stuff?

I doubt so. If I am you, I will keep the mithril. Who knows if in future there will be other needs for it.

catcrack
04-28-13, 08:15 PM
I doubt so. If I am you, I will keep the mithril. Who knows if in future there will be other needs for it.with a pair of scissors in the oven, I still have 24 Mithrils in inventory, don't think a couple less will make or break anything.

(=^ェ^=)

bluebird5555
04-28-13, 08:28 PM
I am stuck on the skunk solvent. I got there this morning and sent more than enough requests to accomplish the goal of 30. It keeps saying progress, but when I click on it, it still says 23. I have shut my iPhone off and everything, but nothing seems to work...!!???!

sdwombat
04-28-13, 08:56 PM

Any word on this? There's got to be a way to get it without spending gems. I have them, but it's a game, and I want to PLAY it. But I would also like to progress, obviously. No Dark Cave formation from my knights. I sent them out once more, but am now out of Spicy Feasts, and I cannot afford to waste any more earth wisps on lumin essence, when I have expansions to do.

catcrack
04-28-13, 09:00 PM
I am stuck on the skunk solvent. I got there this morning and sent more than enough requests to accomplish the goal of 30. It keeps saying progress, but when I click on it, it still says 23. I have shut my iPhone off and everything, but nothing seems to work...!!???!check back after the midnight date change, after then and a sync, you should see your numbers jump.

olcastle
04-28-13, 09:04 PM
I'm waiting for the answer about mithril too.
I've hacked 4 of 6 my cave formations today without any luck.

maguar
04-28-13, 11:54 PM
Any word on this? There's got to be a way to get it without spending gems. I have them, but it's a game, and I want to PLAY it. But I would also like to progress, obviously. No Dark Cave formation from my knights. I sent them out once more, but am now out of Spicy Feasts, and I cannot afford to waste any more earth wisps on lumin essence, when I have expansions to do.

Ok I have got information back on this. Mithril is designed to be a rare drop so there's no easy way to get it unless you've got the fourth shard.

I'm going to suggest treating it like the golden apple for sir piggles at this stage - nice to have but still lots to do without it. Having said that I'm sending out heaps of good luck to everyone and hope they get it soon.

olcastle
04-29-13, 12:45 AM
I hope you are right and it's like Golden Apple and not like Alicorn.
But I've found 3 golden apples, 1 horn and no mithrils (except for the Thurston quest when they did increase the rate for everyone).
Considering that I had much more chances for getting mithril than getting Alicorn, it seems the rate for mithril even lower than for Alicorn.

maguar
04-29-13, 12:56 AM
I promise I raised that as a concern after I got my response.

vchanhs
04-29-13, 01:46 AM
Ok I have got information back on this. Mithril is designed to be a rare drop so there's no easy way to get it unless you've got the fourth shard.

I'm going to suggest treating it like the golden apple for sir piggles at this stage - nice to have but still lots to do without it. Having said that I'm sending out heaps of good luck to everyone and hope they get it soon.

Golden apple and mithril are different. Without golden apple, at most we don't get Sir piggy. But without mithril, we will not be getting sabina, which means no sabina house, which means no talon jewel, which means no expansion, which means no manticore.

(P.S: scary how much information there is in the forum isn't it? I still haven't even expand to sabina but already knows everything that follows....)

wassupbaby
04-29-13, 02:00 AM
Oh my princess, she's finally walking after i cut her hair with magic scissors :) her hands move little weird though.

mymummy789
04-29-13, 02:10 AM

For those lucky enough to have the fourth shard, what is the best way to get silver? I have found you get more drops using iron rich rock than normal rock, but are there any other ways?

wassupbaby
04-29-13, 04:00 AM
Doing Explore dark cave (3rd adventure) is a good way to get silver because you always get silver as reward + a chance to get dark cave formations -> more silver,jewel.

sdwombat
04-29-13, 05:26 AM
Thanks as always for the great information, Maguar. Very disappointed to learn that I am already at a standstill on the new quest line though, with something so rare as mithril needed to continue. No shard for my tablet this morning, and no Dark Cave formation last night from my knights. I really hate to think that my CS days are about to go back to upgrading buildings & not much else :(

mymummy789
04-29-13, 06:18 AM
Doing Explore dark cave (3rd adventure) is a good way to get silver because you always get silver as reward + a chance to get dark cave formations -> more silver,jewel.

I am all set to send my knights off on this adventure in the morning. In the mean time, having spent most of this morning bashing iron rich rocks, I now have my first mithril being forged. Might have enough silver to make another one by the time it's finished!!!!

Vinternatt
04-29-13, 06:22 AM
Used up 4 of my formations, no mithril whatsoever.
Have the 3rd shard only.
Hate this.

What are the iron rich rocks people are talking about? I am asking for silver.

Vinternatt
04-29-13, 06:23 AM
Edit: Ok I saw the iir now. I always buy outcroppings so :)

jtm101
04-29-13, 06:46 AM
Getting just 1 mitrhril seems nigh on impossible for me.

Ive been playing daily for 5 months, 57000 xp, daily adventures, collect from piggy 6-10 times a day, just the 2 shards and no mithril yet.

iLLUMI2012
04-29-13, 07:54 AM
Used up 4 of my formations, no mithril whatsoever.
Have the 3rd shard only.
Hate this.

What are the iron rich rocks people are talking about? I am asking for silver.

I've just hacked away at 2 iron rich rock to get the iron ore needed and only received 1x silver on the 8th strike for each, thus only received 2 in total. So best bet for silver is the rock outcrops and mines I guess. I think you get some at the Royal Exchange from the very last trade (Belladonna?)
I don't like my chances of finding a Mithril any other way, therefore i'm going to craft one. 2 days seems like a long time for this to complete, but it will go quick enough. :) Sabina will just have to wait. I hope she doesn't pass out from that skunk essence in the mean time. :p

sdwombat
04-29-13, 08:02 AM
I've just hacked away at 2 iron rich rock to get the iron ore needed and only received 1x silver on the 8th strike for each, thus only received 2 in total. So best bet for silver is the rock outcrops and mines I guess. I think you get some at the Royal Exchange from the very last trade (Belladonna?)
I don't like my chances of finding a Mithril any other way, therefore i'm going to craft one. 2 days seems like a long time for this to complete, but it will go quick enough. :) Sabina will just have to wait. I hope she doesn't pass out from that skunk essence in the mean time. :p

At least you have the option of crafting it, unlike us poor suckers waiting on our hapless knights, Sir P, or that elusive 4th shard :(

mymummy789
04-29-13, 08:23 AM
its always about luck, isn't it. I got 4 silver from one iron rich rock and none from another!! But I will stick with them because I can also craft silver with all the iron ore that I am getting!!

jamalo
04-29-13, 10:12 AM
Guess its my lucky day.. Found 2 mithrill's in 3 dark cave foundations today! Maybe teamlava increased the drop rate?? Yesterday i smashed 4 with no luck...

sdwombat
04-29-13, 10:22 AM
While waiting to figure out how to get mithril, back to upgrading buildings. Started with farmhouses, since they just need blocks & beams, as I was maxed out on wood & stone. Wow! Such excitement--not......yawn! :(

mymummy789
04-29-13, 12:16 PM
Guess its my lucky day.. Found 2 mithrill's in 3 dark cave foundations today! Maybe teamlava increased the drop rate?? Yesterday i smashed 4 with no luck...

I've only ever found one dark cave formation since playing this game and I've been playing almost from the start. This list of things my knights need to find each day is getting longer and longer!!!

olcastle
04-29-13, 12:45 PM

It's very promising and really tempting for me to hack my last two cave formations left...
but after traumatic hacking experience I had yesterday (wasted 4 formations like you did) I'm too nervous to try again. :)

vchanhs
04-29-13, 04:55 PM
It's very promising and really tempting for me to hack my last two cave formations left...
but after traumatic hacking experience I had yesterday (wasted 4 formations like you did) I'm too nervous to try again. :)

Those formation are meant to be hacked anyway.

wassupbaby
04-29-13, 06:11 PM
Agghhh i really should've stored some dark cave formations instead of mining it and turn it into mithril. Now i dont have enough silver for 4 cement. I wish there was an option to turn mithril back to silver :)

sdwombat
04-29-13, 07:06 PM
No dark cave formation from my knights. It was a longshot anyway--no guarantee of mithril. I will not waste any more earth wisps. I will go back to working on expansions & building upgrades while I await the 4th shard, or maybe a rare drop from Sir P.

freesiawoods
04-29-13, 07:29 PM
Dark cave formations are no guarantee of mithril and dark cave adventures are no guarantee of formations!! Not doing those since i have lots of expansions to do. Lucky for me I have the fourth shard and just have a few more jewels to deliver to get it going.

elaur
04-30-13, 03:52 AM
I focused on adventures rather than expanding. Seemed like it was worth it. What do expansions really give you?

tina2sun
04-30-13, 01:42 PM
what is shard?

dstew1973
04-30-13, 07:11 PM
What happens if u skip a goal? Do u get penalized in some way?

No you don't get penalized. It just smiles the goal.

dstew1973
04-30-13, 07:22 PM
No you don't get penalized. It just smiles the goal.

That was supposed to say "skips" the goal... Stupid auto correct! :confused:

MonkeyMomma76
04-30-13, 11:19 PM
I have a few Mithril. The first I got when I defeated the Troll King. The others came from adventuring knights. I'm still trying to get enough gems for that blasted wizard school....aaaaarrrgh!!! I'm really only working on Sabina to pass the time as I save up gems.

maguar
05-01-13, 03:10 AM
what is shard?

First you have to unlock the Tablet. Then you have to be lucky enough to get a Knowledge Shard when collecting from it. These shards are a very rare drop.

For more info see this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard&p=479721&viewfull=1#post479721).

ghjvcucjb
05-01-13, 02:20 PM
Hello! First post, hope I don't mess it up. I received two mithril a while back from an adventure and when I defeated the troll king . Didn't know what it was so looked it up here. Last week read we need them for Sabines scissors but when i went to look for them, the was only one. Although very irritate decided to accept it (along with all the loss gems) and started to make the second one. Then yesterday I got the magic scissors goal and it said I needed TWO mithril. So I check my inventory (10x's!!!) and my last mithril is now gone! Not enough silver, so now having to chop rocks! Going to take me forever at 2 silver ore per rock cropping. I've started and restarted my game but the mithril is gone. Is there something else I can try?

Also: HI Maguar. Posting per your suggestion even withe hot mess of an ID name!

maguar
05-01-13, 03:23 PM
Hello! First post, hope I don't mess it up. I received two mithril a while back from an adventure and when I defeated the troll king . Didn't know what it was so looked it up here. Last week read we need them for Sabines scissors but when i went to look for them, the was only one. Although very irritate decided to accept it (along with all the loss gems) and started to make the second one. Then yesterday I got the magic scissors goal and it said I needed TWO mithril. So I check my inventory (10x's!!!) and my last mithril is now gone! Not enough silver, so now having to chop rocks! Going to take me forever at 2 silver ore per rock cropping. I've started and restarted my game but the mithril is gone. Is there something else I can try?

Also: HI Maguar. Posting per your suggestion even withe hot mess of an ID name!

Glad you're posting and not holding back :)

One of those mithril a would have gone towards excalibam (assuming you've crafted it). As for the other, you'll need to email support@teamlava.co with your ID, game and issue. They can then look I to your game and see what's happened to it.

rene2222
05-01-13, 07:15 PM
I blasted a rock yesterday and it gave me a mithril. Was so happy seeing it cos' I am in the midst of crafting one in the Magic Forge.

Does anyone have any idea where the Mithril comes from which is needed to make the scissors! I have tried Sir P, upgrading, mining every rock I could find to no avail! Two are needed for this quest and are available at 120 gems each...a tad excessive!

olcastle
05-02-13, 01:08 AM
I blasted a rock yesterday and it gave me a mithril. Was so happy seeing it cos' I am in the midst of crafting one in the Magic Forge.

What kind of rock it was? Outcropping?

RulerX
05-02-13, 04:07 AM
I am at the same point needing 2 mithril to craft the magic scissors. I have been doing the Explore Dark Cave Adventure repeatedly because that's where I received my first mithril. I guess the only other thing to do is hope for that elusive fourth shard. any help would be appreciated.

ghjvcucjb
05-02-13, 12:08 PM
Glad you're posting and not holding back :)

One of those mithril a would have gone towards excalibam (assuming you've crafted it). As for the other, you'll need to email support@teamlava.co with your ID, game and issue. They can then look I to your game and see what's happened to it.
Thank you! Yes you are right about Excaliban. Silly me.

leanneharry
05-02-13, 02:31 PM
I'm stuck on this goal I only have 3 shards so can't craft it! I'm level 30 being playing for months and months now.. I've been exploring dark caves everyday so using my wisps on this and not been expanding & yet still no mithrill in my inventory, I'm also still waiting for the wing for alicorn, I do understand that these items are rare but when you've been crafting and playing away daily & spending your own money on gems it does get a little frustrating... Also library books to upgrade wizard school, I have 2 level 5 library's and level 5 old Thomas' house and doing adventures daily and the drop rate for these is ridiculous it's going to take me months to get 50 of these and that's only to upgrade to level 4, I dread to think of the requirements for higher levels. All in all very frustrating when u seem to be waiting for to many items

freesiawoods
05-03-13, 07:44 AM
I have a few Mithril. The first I got when I defeated the Troll King. The others came from adventuring knights. I'm still trying to get enough gems for that blasted wizard school....aaaaarrrgh!!! I'm really only working on Sabina to pass the time as I save up gems.

I got a big red ruby when I defeated the troll king, hmph hope it becomes useful one day. I wonder if the troll pit drops anything other than coin?

cctarbucks
05-03-13, 07:55 AM
I crafted one mithril (just got the last shard last week!) but I simply do not have enough silver to craft a second one. Going to try more dark cave adventures, but I don't have enough earth wisps to go on it too often =(

lizzygee23
05-03-13, 01:56 PM
I think I got the 4th shard but can't craft mithril. Is there a goal to complete after collecting the 4th shard?

lizzygee23
05-03-13, 02:02 PM

I got 20 or so gems from completing sabina goals.. The goals where you read her poem... Every time you return the poem to Thomas you get 5 gems. It's the goals right before the magic scissors, which I'm now stuck on with only 1 mithril... So if you get at least that far, then you will earn some more gems.

fitfunsparkle
05-03-13, 04:08 PM
I find it very disheartening that some players can craft what they need simply because they were lucky enough to get the fourth shard (thru no s**** of their own, just chance). In the meantime, those of us who do not have the fourth shard (thru no lack of our own, just chance) are held up at this point of the storyline until we can find mithril as we have no way to work to make it ourselves. I have had that stupid tablet of tabernum since before Thanksgiving and still only have two shards.

bowlfullofcherries
05-03-13, 04:15 PM
The randomness factor is a major wrench in the works, but I'm starting to play less to lessen my frustration. Lack of balance blows!

Granted, game flow isn't smooth, but their are still fun factors. Try to concentrate on those instead. Easier said than done, but what else is there to do?

And if someone condescending who already has x and x and x says something ridiculous I will respond condescendingly in turn.

fitfunsparkle
05-03-13, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=
And if someone condescending who already has x and x and x says something ridiculous I will respond condescendingly in turn.[/QUOTE]
Lol! For now i am just crafting stuff in the kitchens, workshops, forges, and potion shop.... And mining rocks for mithril. I just hope it doesn't take too long. I am okay with not right away, but if it is several weeks forget it. And i won't be purchasing it with gems :)

loveka24
05-03-13, 04:51 PM
Im fed up I cant find it anywhere either

bbarra
05-03-13, 05:26 PM
None received from the Dark Caves and I only have 3 shards so that would explain it! Thanks!
Inynhe

Dabag
05-03-13, 06:15 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/IMG_36831024x768640x338-Copy.jpg

bowlfullofcherries
05-03-13, 06:16 PM
Lol! Ah, geez. I needed that. Whew.

sdwombat
05-03-13, 08:52 PM
Lol! Ah, geez. I needed that. Whew.

Me, too! :)

s350z
05-05-13, 09:02 AM
Yeeey at last, I got my 1st Mithril from Exploring the Dark Caves �� I also got 1 dark cave formation. I'm currently at level 25 and hoping to get more Mithril in coming days �� days not months ��

fitfunsparkle
05-05-13, 11:01 AM
Yay s350z! Im on a dark cave mission right now, hopefully some mithril coming in.

elaur
05-06-13, 10:43 AM
That was pure awesome, Dabag!

maguar
05-06-13, 02:53 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/IMG_36831024x768640x338-Copy.jpg

Now I want dancing polka dot dragon

lotuskat
05-07-13, 06:33 AM
Maybe there can be a CS/DS crossover goal ;)

nickerrs
05-07-13, 07:40 AM
For those who can't craft mithril yet, save up your silver ores! After all of these new quest lines, my silver ore collection has depleted! I keep mining rocks and using the magic forge to get more, but it's a slow process.

cctarbucks
05-07-13, 07:41 AM
I already have one mithril and I was finally able to save up 50 silver to craft a mithril, but do you guys think this is a good idea? Because even if I craft it, I will need another 50 later to complete the new adventure ((20 for silver platter and 6 x 5 for light armor) .... think there's a higher chance of getting 50 silver or getting a mithril sooner? lol

lotuskat
05-07-13, 07:44 AM
I already have one mithril and I was finally able to save up 50 silver to craft a mithril, but do you guys think this is a good idea? Because even if I craft it, I will need another 50 later to complete the new adventure ((20 for silver platter and 6 x 5 for light armor) .... think there's a higher chance of getting 50 silver or getting a mithril sooner? lol

That's hard to say since mithril is so rare. I'd just go ahead and do it since my drop rates for rare items seems close to non-existant! Try focusing on the Explore Dark Caverns adventure as well so you have a chance of getting Dark Cave Formations, which produce silver ores at a higher rate.

nickerrs
05-07-13, 08:32 AM
That's hard to say since mithril is so rare. I'd just go ahead and do it since my drop rates for rare items seems close to non-existant! Try focusing on the Explore Dark Caverns adventure as well so you have a chance of getting Dark Cave Formations, which produce silver ores at a higher rate.

I agree! I mined both of my dark cave formations for silver, so until I receive another one from an adventure, I'm mining away.

sonyavt
05-07-13, 08:34 AM
I keep reading about the fourth shard goal, how can you check to see if you've done the fourth shard, I finally earned a tinker camp in the royal exchange, I am really hoping I can craft some mithril there. I am getting frustrated to, I haven't been getting visits by skunkupines lately and don't have enough rat tails for the spicy feast, any suggestions on crops that draws them out???

kooky panda
05-07-13, 10:34 AM
I keep reading about the fourth shard goal, how can you check to see if you've done the fourth shard, I finally earned a tinker camp in the royal exchange, I am really hoping I can craft some mithril there. I am getting frustrated to, I haven't been getting visits by skunkupines lately and don't have enough rat tails for the spicy feast, any suggestions on crops that draws them out???
Look in your inventory. If you have the 4th shard you will see a total of 4 .

sonyavt
05-07-13, 11:07 AM
I checked my inventory and it says I have one shard of knowledge, how do I get four??

MxSimple
05-07-13, 11:31 AM
I checked my inventory and it says I have one shard of knowledge, how do I get four??

Just keep collecting the Tablet Tabernum & good luck~

nickerrs
05-07-13, 11:44 AM

Skunkupines love to come out when you're harvesting wheat and sugar cane. Sometimes I notice that they pop up when I'm chopping away at trees. Hope that helps!

cctarbucks
05-07-13, 01:14 PM

As you keep collecting from it, you will randomly get another shard. This will trigger a new goal for you to do. If I remember correctly, the second shard allows you to collect 2-3 waters at a time. The third gives you the chance of getting more energy as you collect from crops. And the fourth allows you to craft new things in the forge (ie: silver, jewels, mithril)

cctarbucks
05-07-13, 01:15 PM

Thanks. I think I'm going to do some adventures and wait til I either get another mithril, or a dark cave formation/more silver before I decide

maguar
05-07-13, 03:12 PM
As you keep collecting from it, you will randomly get another shard. This will trigger a new goal for you to do. If I remember correctly, the second shard allows you to collect 2-3 waters at a time. The third gives you the chance of getting more energy as you collect from crops. And the fourth allows you to craft new things in the forge (ie: silver, jewels, mithril)

1st is the water one. 2nd is better drop from monsters.

appplepeary
05-07-13, 04:27 PM
How come you can craft that? Been waiting for mithril for days!!!!!

appplepeary
05-07-13, 04:33 PM
What is the forth shard?

appplepeary
05-07-13, 04:49 PM
What is the forth shard?

Just read through properly and got answers! Sorry about spamming! Phone went crazy!!!

freesiawoods
05-07-13, 11:28 PM
Good luck with getting mithril everyone! I have one from a long time ago, sent my dumb knights on a last ditch caves adventure but all they found was a royal block and earth wisp so I am crafting the second mithril.

fitfunsparkle
05-08-13, 06:37 AM
I have mined three dark cave formations that i had already, been on three dark cave missions -the knights are on another right now- no mithril and no new dark cave formations either!
We really need a way to get this for those of us who can't craft it. I always have about 70-80 silver on hand, even with making the new stuff, so i would happily craft it if given the ability to do so. I have been playing since October so it is quite ridiculous that mithril is THaT rare to the point where i didn't have ANY in my inventory since completing The Knight quest line. And i only got that because they adjusted the drop to be a guarantee after you got the quest for it. And that i still only have received two shards.
All i do now is waste wisps on lumin essence and i can't do any expanding. It is wisps and lumin essence all day, then check the adventure to find out that i did not get mithril or a formation. And i cannot advance in the quest line either, so i am a bit fed up right now. :)

kikilicious74
05-08-13, 06:42 AM
Forget the mithrel, holy glimmer dust needed batman!!! Uggh :(

loveknots
05-08-13, 08:11 AM
I'm sick of sabine! I may bury her in some trees until I can get the two mithril! It seems hopeless.

wassupbaby
05-08-13, 09:42 AM
I just got another mithril from dark cave formation :) i hope we'll have another use for it in the future:S

Vinternatt
05-08-13, 02:28 PM
Somebody asked this before but I can't find the answer, so I'm going to ask it again.

If I craft the magic scissors WITHOUT clicking the CRAFT button on the Sabina quest, will it accept my scissors or am i going to do it again?

shambalaya
05-08-13, 03:10 PM
wow, I got shard no. 2, 3 and 4 within a couple of weeks. I didn't think I was going to get the 4th one, so I spent all my cash on upgrading and all my silver and jewels on stockpiling, it's been 55 hours since I saw that beautiful shiny shard tumble out of the tablet and I've still got 12 silver to go before completing alchemy and unlocking homemade mithril. Can't wait! I might just stay up all night chopping up rocks!

jasren
05-08-13, 05:26 PM
Iv been playing this for a year now. Collect from tab every day, and still have only 1 shard. No myrthil on any adventures, and no ailcorn bits either! So many of you write you found only 3 shards in months. I found 1 in a year! Does upgrading mines to lev 5 help? I'm on level 4 and upping one today, but if I havnt gotten even a second shard in this long.... Well, its discouraging to say the least!

Vinternatt
05-08-13, 06:22 PM
Hi mate, I found my 2nd mithril and 4th shard at the same day (today).

Afaik mines don't drops mithrils. At least that's not how i got them.
I have done Dark Cave quest every day and mined Dark Cave Formations whenever I got one.
I found the 2nd mithril in my 8th or 10th formation (not 10th chopping, 10th formation).

About shard, you need to keep collecting from the Tabernum 2 times every day... like a ritual.

And for the Alicorn, I have that too but that's just pure luck. The trick is the Dark Cave quest. Only focus on that.

jjbirdiv
05-08-13, 07:32 PM
Iv been playing this for a year now. Collect from tab every day, and still have only 1 shard. No myrthil on any adventures, and no ailcorn bits either! So many of you write you found only 3 shards in months. I found 1 in a year! Does upgrading mines to lev 5 help? I'm on level 4 and upping one today, but if I havnt gotten even a second shard in this long.... Well, its discouraging to say the least!

I hear you man. Everyone seems to be getting shards like crazy and even my daughter got one yesterday. She plays way less than me. I cant even get one shard. Its driving me nuts! I even moved my tablet back to where it was and i hate it over there. Ive semi given up on sabina and just expanding now. Btw, my lvl 5 mine has not given any mithril in 2 weeks of mining it everytime it is available.

vchanhs
05-08-13, 09:34 PM

I believe CS is only released in sept last year so nope, you didn't play a year. Lol...
Anyway, tablet collection time is once every 16 hrs, so make sure you collect it every 16 hrs
Dark cave adventure is the only one that drop dark cave formation. You can do it once every 22 hrs.

Good luck in hunting the mithril. Don't give up, just like I still hold my breath for the alicorn parts.

Oliver118
05-08-13, 10:48 PM

If I had the 4th shard (which I don't have), I would have crafted Mithril by now because I've got plenty of silver, and that's down to my beauty-the Sparkling Mine. Every time I collect from it, I see a Silver Ore pop up from amidst all the other resources I get.

jasren
05-08-13, 10:48 PM

I have done Dark Cave quest every day and mined Dark Cave Formations whenever I got one.
I found the 2nd mithril in my 8th or 10th formation (not 10th chopping, 10th formation).

About shard, you need to keep collecting from the Tabernum 2 times every day... like a ritual.

And for the Alicorn, I have that too but that's just pure luck. The trick is the Dark Cave quest. Only focus on that.

Thanks- I'm doing the cave adventure again daily now, instead of expanding with lanterns.

And yep not a year, I thought last may...feels like a year, lol.

And jj....my daughter dosnt even like this game....yet I love it. Sad really, lol

jua1978
05-09-13, 01:36 AM
Hi all, I am new to the forum but I am frustrated like hell. I am trying to get Mithril for my scissors, few weeks back I could forge mithril with silver and that just dissapeared after I have forged some for a goal. I have done about 4 cave formations and no luck. I do have the 4th shard as well. Tried the mines and rock how many times and still nothing. Any other advice maybe?

vchanhs
05-09-13, 02:07 AM
Hi all, I am new to the forum but I am frustrated like hell. I am trying to get Mithril for my scissors, few weeks back I could forge mithril with silver and that just dissapeared after I have forged some for a goal. I have done about 4 cave formations and no luck. I do have the 4th shard as well. Tried the mines and rock how many times and still nothing. Any other advice maybe?

If you have completed the the quest for the 4th shard, you should have the recipe for mithril.

If it is missing, maybe you can email TL about it.

Btw, the scissors is the first quest we need to forge/find mithril. The crafting of excalibum is it counted as that is a 100% drop rate so not sure which quest you are talking about that need you to forge mithril.

jua1978
05-09-13, 02:19 AM
If you have completed the the quest for the 4th shard, you should have the recipe for mithril.

If it is missing, maybe you can email TL about it.

Btw, the scissors is the first quest we need to forge/find mithril. The crafting of excalibum is it counted as that is a 100% drop rate so not sure which quest you are talking about that need you to forge mithril.

I had the recipe for it and now its gone and the scissors I need now is to cut sabina's hair

fitfunsparkle
05-09-13, 05:37 AM

Maguar mentioned getting mithril from a mine in this thread :http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40890-Question-about-mithril&highlight=Mithrils
So it is at least a possibility to get it from a mine, although i havent been fortunate enough to get one lol! i dont think we were able to upgrade back in November so my thought is the mine doesnt have to be fully upgraded to get one.

cakeandpie
05-09-13, 08:38 AM
This goal really rots. I've been playing for a long time (I think at least 6 months) and other than the one time I got mithril on a quest right after getting the Excalibam goal, I have NEVER gotten a mithril from anything, not mining, Sir P, quests, nothing. I have also NEVER gotten a dark cave formation. And I only have three shards (I DID get the fourth shard and completed the goal, but a connectivity error took it all away from me *sobs* I don't know if the game thinks I have it still or not). So basically, that means I'll have Sabina trapped in her hair forever and never finish this quest line or be able to expand to the birds nest thingy. I think this is really unfair of TL to make it so hard that it's essentially impossible for most people.

Amychari
05-09-13, 08:58 AM
I started playing in the first few days and played a lot in the beginning, hit lvl 30 a long time ago.
I've still only got one shard from the Tablet. I've mined every dark cave formation, vast numbers of all the other mining resources ... and so on...
and I'm yet to see 1 mithril, let alone two.
Gonna be a long wait to see Sabina looking lovely!
I'm really glad for all this great info though, as after deleting and reinstalling my game to check for bugs in my quests I started worrying that I had insufficient Royal pts or needed to have one of these fancy items that require a lot of gems...good to know it's just a waiting game...good-ish... ;) My appreciation for all the work that goes into keeping these forums such a great resource.
xXx

blurbie
05-09-13, 12:22 PM
Thank goodness TL listened! Now there is a Deep Mine that drops mithril. It might drop silver, jewels, (gems?), and gold nuggets. For 50,000 coins it pops out, ready to go. No building time. Maybe it will drop that other thing I've only seen once, Adamant.

waddelow
05-09-13, 12:58 PM
Thank goodness TL listened! Now there is a Deep Mine that drops mithril. It might drop silver, jewels, (gems?), and gold nuggets. For 50,000 coins it pops out, ready to go. No building time. Maybe it will drop that other thing I've only seen once, Adamant.

Why do you want adamant? Is it actually used for anything?
I just bought my deep cave, the other mines have become poor, even rocks are seeming to give less jewels, maybe I'm just Using more.
I can't collect for 10 hours, did anyone get it sooner? How much is it giving?
Or should I not get excited?
Thanks

waddelow
05-09-13, 01:00 PM

Why do you want adamant? Is it actually used for anything?
I just bought my deep mine, the other mines have become poor, even rocks are seeming to give less jewels, maybe I'm just Using more.
I can't collect for 10 hours, did anyone get it sooner? How much is it giving?
Or should I not get excited?
Thanks

maguar
05-09-13, 03:08 PM

Here's the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?51473-Deep-Mine!&p=625221&viewfull=1#post625221) on the deep mine for any one who's interested.

jasren
05-09-13, 05:14 PM
Here's the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?51473-Deep-Mine!&p=625221&viewfull=1#post625221) on the deep mine for any one who's interested.

YAY I didn't even notice that there's a deep mine now. Thanks for the thread on it Maguar.

jua1978
05-09-13, 11:25 PM
I hope this deep mine will drop mithrill for me, I managed to get a golden apple from the mine and so i finished my sir piggy

kateee021
05-10-13, 12:27 PM
I rec'd one mithril from sir piggie and the other from breaking dark formation rock (long about the 4th strike)

jua1978
05-10-13, 01:11 PM
I had 2 dark formation rocks and no mithrill, I hope sir piggy will drop some, my deep mines gave me stones, silver and jewels today

fitfunsparkle
05-10-13, 05:33 PM
I received one mithril today from a deep mine! Just one more to go. No dark cave formations from my adventures all week long, so thank goodness for the new mine.

iLLUMI2012
05-11-13, 12:12 AM
For me, so far no Mithril from Deep Mines.
I only ever found one from an adventure. :(
No Dark Cave formations either. :(
Hopefully people will have more luck scoring Mithril from Deep Mines.
Good luck! ;)

onemansmiracle
05-11-13, 10:53 AM
I have 28 mithrils,free to give! I just need more saps!! Maybe we should have 2 sap factories as well!

RotomGuy
05-11-13, 11:08 AM
I have 28 mithrils,free to give! I just need more saps!! Maybe we should have 2 sap factories as well!

Saptories? I'm not having any problems with Sap, but instead, Wood.

onemansmiracle
05-12-13, 08:58 AM
Need a lot of architect's pastes for upgrading buildings, never have enough sap. Saptories would be great !!

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 09:40 AM
Saptories? I'm not having any problems with Sap, but instead, Wood.

Ironically I'm now hideously low on Sap.

Oliver118
05-12-13, 09:56 PM
I hope this deep mine will drop mithrill for me, I managed to get a golden apple from the mine and so i finished my sir piggy

I haven't got one yet, Level 16 and it's locked into Level 21:mad:See TL, this is what I'm talking about! I hope it doesn't cost gems when I actually get to unlock it, so I can at least buy it.

Oliver118
05-12-13, 09:57 PM
By the way, ironically, I'm so low on Red Petals (I've actually got 99, and it's all thanks to my 'VDay' plants!)

jua1978
05-14-13, 12:37 PM
I have been mining my deep mines every 10 hours still no mithrill. How am I going to get 2 mithrils?

maguar
05-14-13, 02:54 PM
I have been mining my deep mines every 10 hours still no mithrill. How am I going to get 2 mithrils?

Just keep collecting from the mines, sir pig if you've got him, mining dark cave formations.

caius76
05-14-13, 05:52 PM

Keep going, and every so often check your inventory (or the recipe in the forge). I got my mines the first day and started without any mithril in my inventory. Yesterday I noticed I had two when I went into the forge. I was mildly disappointed that I didn't actually get to see them drop.

jua1978
05-15-13, 03:29 AM
Keep going, and every so often check your inventory (or the recipe in the forge). I got my mines the first day and started without any mithril in my inventory. Yesterday I noticed I had two when I went into the forge. I was mildly disappointed that I didn't actually get to see them drop.

Thanks I do check everytime. Just fingers crossed and hoping for some mithrill

jua1978
05-15-13, 07:31 AM
Just got one mithril from the deep mine yaaaaay, now for the last one to get

sjs0514
05-15-13, 09:44 AM
Just got one mithril from the deep mine yaaaaay, now for the last one to get

Congrats.! Still waiting for my first one.

jtm101
05-15-13, 05:22 PM
Ive now got 5 mithrils in total from deep mines, none from sir piggy or adventures. I wish i hadnt wasted 100 silver forging the 2 mithril for the magic scissors now :-(

freesiawoods
05-15-13, 06:45 PM
Ive now got 5 mithrils in total from deep mines, none from sir piggy or adventures. I wish i hadnt wasted 100 silver forging the 2 mithril for the magic scissors now :-(

Same here I have two from my lone deep mine which came too late, wasted 50 forging one now I am desperate for silver. Thankfully my second desert adventure gave one magic cement but each adventure costs 50 silver to prepare, way more than making one cement. Shan't be doing it again unless requirements are adjusted.

vchanhs
05-15-13, 09:51 PM
Same here I have two from my lone deep mine which came too late, wasted 50 forging one now I am desperate for silver. Thankfully my second desert adventure gave one magic cement but each adventure costs 50 silver to prepare, way more than making one cement. Shan't be doing it again unless requirements are adjusted.

Use to be hard to go for this adventure but since the two deep mines, I can do it on alternate days or at least once every three days. That's is provided my troll essences can last. Lol...

lotuskat
05-16-13, 06:15 AM
Use to be hard to go for this adventure but since the two deep mines, I can do it on alternate days or at least once every three days. That's is provided my troll essences can last. Lol...

With all the glitter bulbs and cocoa I'm harvesting these days (for the Royal Exchange and the Adventure, respectively), I get a visit from the Trolls pretty often! :)

jua1978
05-18-13, 02:04 AM
So glad I received my 2nd mithrill from my deep mine. Now to wait the 2 days to forge the scissors for sabinas hair

rachelsrealm
06-06-13, 10:47 AM
I am trying to be strong (& stubborn) about this as well. I want to figure out a way to get the mithril! Have 1 (assuming it came from Sir P) so sent knights out to explore the dark caves, hoping for a dark cave formation. Thx to my generous neighbors, felt I could spare the wisps. Would love the 4th shard, of course, but I get a troll each time I collect, instead of the hoped-for shard. :(

I too have this problem on one of my two kingdoms. One I had no problem and Sabrina is in her castle already. The other I kept working at, then realized I already had a dark cave formation stored and was happy to pull it out... But after mining the entire thing, NO MITHRIL! I could not believe it. I keep sending my knights out and mining everything I can but no luck. I have one mithril and only need one more. There she sits next to my two Alicorns. Sir Pig has given me lots of great things but no mithril...

rachelsrealm
06-06-13, 10:51 AM
My deep mine has not produced anything more than my sparkling mines and I have felt it is a waste. How do I get my deep mine to produce better?

rachelsrealm
06-06-13, 10:54 AM

I too have this problem on one of my two kingdoms. One I had no problem and Sabrina is in her castle already. The other I kept working at, then realized I already had a dark cave formation stored and was happy to pull it out... But after mining the entire thing, NO MITHRIL! I could not believe it. I keep sending my knights out and mining everything I can but no luck. I have one mithril and only need one more. There she sits next to my two Alicorns. Sir Pig has given me lots of great things but no mithril...

tanbi1
06-30-13, 11:28 AM
I was very excited to get the bits together to forge the Magic Scissors. Started forging, and looked forward to having my scissors 2 hours later. Went to collect them, and realised it was 2 days! *sigh* #shouldlearntoread! :(