PDA

View Full Version : Time saving hint , so simple, so convenient

TinksThots
04-27-13, 07:05 PM
It's not really cheating, but it's so handy: As soon as an egg hatches, change its name to whatever type it is. That way, all you have to do is tap on the habitat to see all the types living there listed across the bottom, instead of having to tap on each face to see what it is. Makes it so much faster and easier when taking a headcount/typecount, especially if you're like me and constantly forget what you have running around. :D

kwhales
04-27-13, 07:09 PM
It's not really cheating, but it's so handy: As soon as an egg hatches, change its name to whatever type it is. That way, all you have to do is tap on the habitat to see all the types living there listed across the bottom, instead of having to tap on each face to see what it is. Makes it so much faster and easier when taking a headcount/typecount, especially if you're like me and constantly forget what you have running around. :D

Ok, good for newbies. But IOS has the album which shows all our dragons.

hamadrys
04-27-13, 07:29 PM
With time, you'll recognize your dragons, but I agree with kwhales, it's great for new players :)

TinksThots
04-27-13, 07:36 PM
Well I'm still new-ish lol :P and I also like to know who's in which habitat and where, not just see a list. I'm kinda obsessive about keeping closer track I guess. :D

kwhales
04-27-13, 07:49 PM
That's fine. Whatever works best for you. Everyone has there one little tidbits that help them. I use to keep,all my babies that I wanted to trade in what I called daycare-habitats off to one end of my island so I didn't accident sell or trade the wrong ones.

DragonTan1
04-27-13, 07:49 PM
The title is so misleading... I thought you found out how to cancel a breed. :p

kwhales
04-27-13, 08:01 PM

Yeah, but it got you here. So any helpful hints for a semi newbie?

kooky panda
04-27-13, 08:13 PM
I have currently changed the title since cheats/hacks are not allowed on the forum. This will prevent any confusion.

DragonTan1
04-27-13, 08:20 PM
I have currently changed the title since cheats/hacks are not allowed on the forum. This will prevent any confusion.

That's better. :D

TinksThots
04-27-13, 08:30 PM

Haha nope, but I am quickly learning the art of being patient playing these games... kinda anyway... I've put BS/RS appliances in storage after accidentally cooking the wrong thing, but that's not an option here. There are ways to make the breeding go faster though, my favorite is taking naps. ;)

I'll put it this way: I'm new enough that I just found this out today: the Easter dragon I bred a few days ago is something special. No clue until I saw a 12 page thread about it. >.<

Sorry Kooky, and thanks. :)

fagoggil
04-27-13, 10:20 PM
Ok, good for newbies. But IOS has the album which shows all our dragons.

Android doesn't have an album. I do this too,& number them so I have small.ones to breed. I get nothing with 2 epic dragons. It makes it easier to keep track of who to spend food on

kurebiz
04-27-13, 10:34 PM
I find it easier to use excel/notepad/word to list out the dragons I have, rather than clicking on habitats repeatedly. That said, after playing for a while, you sort of know what you have and what you don't.

peteparcon
04-28-13, 08:05 AM
I've been doing that since August 2012.

But there's an 8-character limit.

Firestorm is only Firestor.

Laserlight is only Laserlig.

Etc.

canterbury1
04-28-13, 09:28 AM
I had been doing this as well, but I noticed a couple of days ago that the rename button is no longer there.

RotomGuy
04-28-13, 09:29 AM
I had been doing this as well, but I noticed a couple of days ago that the rename button is no longer there.

Click the little pencil next to the actual name.

TinksThots
04-28-13, 11:04 AM
I've been doing that since August 2012.

But there's an 8-character limit.

Firestorm is only Firestor.

Laserlight is only Laserlig.

Etc.

Frstrm
Lsrlght

canterbury1
04-28-13, 02:34 PM
Thanks so much. Never even noticed the little pencil.

roni122285
04-28-13, 03:34 PM
I don't have that problem since son many dragons keep alluding me I have only one type of dragon on each of my habitats but that might change since I only have like 10 more to go before the cap.

roni122285
04-28-13, 03:35 PM
Definitely supposed to be "so" not "son"

sand
04-28-13, 03:39 PM
Meh. Doesn't take long to recognize dragon types on sight. Personally, I can't stand duplicate names so I take the time to give each dragon a unique name. I've had up to 125 dragons at a time (number keeps dropping whenever I build a diamond habitat), and keep a roster - including those I've traded.
One exception to this would be my Fire drones - usually not around for long and are instantly renamed "drone."
If your temple and/portal have full function (mine no longer do), they will give you a complete list of your dragons, including those who are not yet eligible for breeding or trading, so no need to micro-manage with a roster like I do.

straycatcafe
05-16-15, 07:06 PM
How do you beat a level 17 when the highest of any level dragon I have is 10???? How does one even acquire a level 17 dragon?

diner2u
05-16-15, 09:37 PM
I've been putting breeding time followed by type of dragon that helps me when choosing which dragon to evolve. :o

Anaboe
05-18-15, 01:56 PM
straycatcafe: you're in the wrong thread. The most simple answer is that you can beat a lvl 20 with a lvl 1 dragon. And you can't have any dragon above lvl 10. Only the dragons in the arena are above that level.

Here you can find some helpfull tips on batteling:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81330-Gate-Keeper-Dragon-5-5-14-Craft-Battle

kooky panda
05-18-15, 03:53 PM
Closing since this is an older thread and getting off topic.

Original tip :