PDA

View Full Version : Giving up on Alicorn!

csf2k12
04-27-13, 06:42 AM
I have sent out knights on adventures everyday since the start of the Valentines day quests and have yet to get a single part for Alicorn. I cycle between the adventures, but still no luck. In the meantime my friend only did a handful and already has Alicorn and extra parts for him as well. I know that this game is random, but not getting a single part in almost two months of questing is going to make me stop playing this game!

immizgina
04-27-13, 08:32 AM
I've been doing the same since the start of the valentine quests and I have 2 wings. It's quite frustrating. I also really want knowledge shards. Been playing since Oct and only one shard. Oh well.

liliputlane
04-27-13, 09:01 AM
Same for me no parts for Alicorn only one Shard since beginning of February.
.. There are so many other things to make the game enjoyable, don't quit!!! :)

wolfchaser
04-27-13, 09:35 AM
I too have sent my hearty knights on daily adventures in search of the mythical Alicorn for well over 2 months. While they have returned with some goods and decorations for my realm their morale is steadily depleting. I also wish I could trade some decorations such as my 4 beast statues for Alicorn parts. Luckily with the new release I have other quests to now work on as I am already level 30.

csf2k12
04-29-13, 04:35 PM
I'm going to try one last adventure.... If I don't get a part I'm not doing another adventure until its part of a quest line.

katbtodd
04-29-13, 04:36 PM
I have sent out knights on adventures everyday since the start of the Valentines day quests and have yet to get a single part for Alicorn. I cycle between the adventures, but still no luck. In the meantime my friend only did a handful and already has Alicorn and extra parts for him as well. I know that this game is random, but not getting a single part in almost two months of questing is going to make me stop playing this game!
I surely understand,,, where your coming from,,doesn't seem fair does it

bowlfullofcherries
04-29-13, 04:42 PM
Try to redirect your focus. There are plenty of fun aspects to the game- you're not just playing for the Alicorn, are you? I know it's easier said than done sometimes, but really, the game is fun and can be played for free. Don't let one unpleasant segment sour your enjoyment of the whole.

vchanhs
04-29-13, 04:44 PM
I'm going to try one last adventure.... If I don't get a part I'm not doing another adventure until its part of a quest line.

I do adventure with or without the alicorn parts. The rewards is too great to stop doing it.

bowlfullofcherries
04-29-13, 04:45 PM
Ditto, vchanhs.

fitfunsparkle
04-29-13, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear that! My husband has the same problem. He hasn't even received one part even tho he does adventures everyday. I just got my second part last week finally.

elaur
04-29-13, 05:01 PM
I got two identical parts. I gave up on the alicorn a long time ago. I was so excited when I got the first part, I figured it would be any day. Then I got another of the same and it's been weeks (months maybe?) since I got anything else.

I still enjoying doing adventures. The wizard school is better anyway.

vednir
04-29-13, 07:20 PM
Why would you give up on adventures? They are quite high yield and the only way to get gem items for "free" along with some of the rarer decorations that can't even be purchased with gems? I simply pick one that I can easily do while managing all of the other tasks, usually Hunt Roaming Bandits and let it go at that. With iron rich rocks forging enough longswords usually isn't an issue and the hearty feasts are far less onerous to make than the spicy feasts, in particular since the royal exchange will drop some of the ingredients with the Eggs & Dairy exchange.

cloudsail
04-29-13, 10:58 PM
Just forget about it and act like it doesn't exist. Then it won't bother you so much.

freesiawoods
04-30-13, 04:06 AM
Yes I have given up long ago. If I get it it will be a nice bonus but I have neither parts now. I think TL should moderate the randomness of the process and ensure that we all get our Alicorn after x number of adventures.

I am still doing valentines adventures now and then since I have spare feasts and pink jewels but the rewards are getting pathetic. Has anyone gitten a pink animal lately?

csf2k12
04-30-13, 07:37 AM
Yes I am pretty much only playing for Alicorn. Until they finally updated the Application I had nothing left to do...All quests were done, all expansion areas unlocked etc.

Try to redirect your focus. There are plenty of fun aspects to the game- you're not just playing for the Alicorn, are you? I know it's easier said than done sometimes, but really, the game is fun and can be played for free. Don't let one unpleasant segment sour your enjoyment of the whole.

bowlfullofcherries
04-30-13, 07:40 AM
Wooooow. Okay then.

elaur
04-30-13, 08:42 AM
Yes I have given up long ago. If I get it it will be a nice bonus but I have neither parts now. I think TL should moderate the randomness of the process and ensure that we all get our Alicorn after x number of adventures.

I am still doing valentines adventures now and then since I have spare feasts and pink jewels but the rewards are getting pathetic. Has anyone gitten a pink animal lately?

I've done quite a few vday adventures and never have gotten an animal! I have gotten good stuff on the other adventures.

I so agree with your alicorn idea. And it should be good for any very rare item (like shards). It gets ridiculous.

veenilla
04-30-13, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know if you can get the horn/wing from any adventure, or does it have to be the valentine's day adventure?

elaur
04-30-13, 09:54 AM
Any adventure.

marrrina
04-30-13, 11:22 AM
I gave up a long time ago. Adventures have yielded me nothing. I was doing them more than usual in the hopes I'd get the necessary items but I didn't, so I just don't care anymore. If I ever get them, I'll be happy, but no use working myself up over it.

prettyplease
04-30-13, 05:10 PM
I'm also pretty frustrated with the elusive alicorn. I do not understand Team Lava and why the random generation would allow some people to earn multiple alicorns while others struggle. That being said, it only pays out once every 7 days so I don't care too much if I ever get one. I have 2 wizard schools (1 at level 2 the other at level 3) and of course the exchange (when I can, I've kinda stopped those unless I'm overflowing on an item). I keep up on adventures, daily, because the pay out is so worth it. It's funny for a long time I rolled my eyes at dark cave foundations but now I squeal with delight when one arrives, jewels and silver are hard to come by.

jaybay1147
04-30-13, 06:23 PM
Keep goin! I've been on a guest every day for months now and I just got my first piece today.

dstew1973
04-30-13, 07:41 PM

I have done the EXACT same thing! I have not gotten any Alicorn parts and send out Knights daily. I was rotating between quests then asked a friend who completed her Alicorn in 3 days how she did it and she used the Dark Cave Quest, so that's what I used for about 2 weeks straight... Still nothing. Then I started rotating again and I have gotten so frustrated! I am also about to give up. I have even broken down and purchased the Alicorn but now it's driving me crazy to still have this unfinished goal on my list. ERRRR!!!:mad:

wassupbaby
05-01-13, 12:39 AM
I've already given up on Alicorn till today , my luck has finally arrived when i collect from my keep and BOOM , got my wing from the new adventure. Now i'm crafting my alicorn :)

elaur
05-01-13, 05:39 AM
I have done the EXACT same thing! I have not gotten any Alicorn parts and send out Knights daily. I was rotating between quests then asked a friend who completed her Alicorn in 3 days how she did it and she used the Dark Cave Quest, so that's what I used for about 2 weeks straight... Still nothing. Then I started rotating again and I have gotten so frustrated! I am also about to give up. I have even broken down and purchased the Alicorn but now it's driving me crazy to still have this unfinished goal on my list. ERRRR!!!:mad:

From what I understand you can skip the goal and get rid of the Alicorn quest and still get an Alicorn. I'm tempted!

freesiawoods
05-01-13, 09:46 AM
I've done quite a few vday adventures and never have gotten an animal! I have gotten good stuff on the other adventures.

I so agree with your alicorn idea. And it should be good for any very rare item (like shards). It gets ridiculous.

I got two pink cow and a pink sheep in my first two weeks of adventures. Then started getting pink flowers or trees. But lately only kissing dust and love stone!
The

ghjvcucjb
05-01-13, 02:34 PM
I got a wing from one of my first adventures. Then....nada. I gave up last month. I still send the knights out because it drives me nuts thinking about them lounging around my castle all day playing drinking games with Thurston while I'm working my rear off doing all the meanial labor around the kingdom. Sometimes I wake up at night and check on this game and guess what? I'm still running around working! Even at 2 am. I keep hoping to find myself in the master suite of the castle resting but no. So my knights ARE doing the stupid adventures every day!

rene2222
05-01-13, 07:20 PM
until now i still couldn't get the wing and horn......giving up i guess.

jackie2006
05-01-13, 07:29 PM
wings and horn are the gems items only,

freesiawoods
05-01-13, 10:30 PM
I got a wing from one of my first adventures. Then....nada. I gave up last month. I still send the knights out because it drives me nuts thinking about them lounging around my castle all day playing drinking games with Thurston while I'm working my rear off doing all the meanial labor around the kingdom. Sometimes I wake up at night and check on this game and guess what? I'm still running around working! Even at 2 am. I keep hoping to find myself in the master suite of the castle resting but no. So my knights ARE doing the stupid adventures every day!

Haha agree with you. And it kinda bugs me when i am battling a monster and Thurston walks right by in his precious full armour presumably wearing his bling, and does nothing. All he ever does is throw me a longsword every few days.

Oliver118
05-01-13, 11:10 PM

I didn't even unlock the recipe, only the adventure. Can you still get Valentine things from valentine adventure?

clarontinalisa
05-01-13, 11:36 PM
I got my horn last week after months of sending the knights out daily. I did not even see it drop and found it in my inventory!! . So i am not thinking about the wing and hoping for another surprise. I too rotate doing different ones. Still no wing, however I did get a carriage this morning so worth doing it but forget about the alicorns and the part may just pop up.

ghjvcucjb
05-02-13, 12:03 PM
Haha agree with you. And it kinda bugs me when i am battling a monster and Thurston walks right by in his precious full armour presumably wearing his bling, and does nothing. All he ever does is throw me a longsword every few days.

YES! That just drives me nuts! Also, he always gets stuck wandering around aimless after I redecorate. I had to add three gates in front of my castle so he could finally get out after the last decorating session. THREE! Sometimes I think I understand why the trolls had trapped him and took away all his clothes...trolls aren't as dumb as we think they are.