PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Weekly Update- May 1

cherryberry9
04-26-13, 08:18 PM
We have a teaser for a "swing dance floor". Unfortunately, imgur isn't working so I can't get the picture. Will try to get the picture up soon though.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2d0f95z.png

RS "Gran-Gran Goals" May 1 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50959-RS-quot-Gran-Gran-Goals-quot-May-1)

http://i.imgur.com/4P51w4n.png

Your customers will enjoy the Swing Dance Floor in Restaurant Story! (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)

cherryberry9
04-26-13, 08:26 PM
http://www.imgur.com/rPdppF8.png

There we go.

bigbux3
04-26-13, 09:55 PM
These people scare me!

minidemon88
04-27-13, 01:00 AM
Plain pixel people dancing on the wooden floor. The wooden floor always reminded me of the wooden chop board. =/

NSrizi
04-27-13, 02:46 AM
Not the item I would buy, but let's see what else TL have in stock for us.

StevenKevin
04-27-13, 05:01 AM
characters are cute but the dance floor very... basic!!!!

bakepro
04-27-13, 08:32 PM
Can they make the people moves instead just standing?

wombat203
04-27-13, 09:15 PM
OK TL what exactly does this go with? Is it Cinco de Mayo? Or Spring? Or Film Festival? Just something random and IMO pretty basic and ugly... thanks though. Yey team! Next week maybe a snowman.

thatgirl444
04-27-13, 10:48 PM
I like it, just because it will go with the diner theme...can shove them next to the bowling alley to entertain my customers

cherryberry9
04-29-13, 04:39 PM
Waiting for the picture from the blog.

bigbux3
04-29-13, 04:58 PM
Waiting for the picture from the blog.

I don't like the waiting now. I'd prefer getting the first teaser on Monday instead of on Friday. It keeps me curious all of the weekend and then Monday and Tuesday.

jzk2012
04-30-13, 07:53 AM
It's disappointing that every human figurine always appears to white. Team Lava should really embrace diversity. They started to when they revamped their customer sprites, but have not done anything about store models that are always of a fair complexion.

minidemon88
04-30-13, 11:00 AM
Nothing new on the blog yet. I'm bored!

queenbee1969
04-30-13, 01:35 PM
I like it, it would go with 5 de mayo theme if the dancer were dressed like mexican folklore dancers. P.s can any body tell me why my clipboard with the goals vannished?

bigbux3
04-30-13, 02:04 PM
Here's this weeks update:

I am definitely disappointed though :(

sugarmilkppm
04-30-13, 02:37 PM
I'm really diggin the phonograph. I think the tables are an interesting shape too. I'm contemplating how I could use these pieces to create a cute vintage look w/o the outdated dinginess, you know? I bet if anyone has a steampunk theme some of this could work nicely. Looks like we have a new recipe too, chicken & dumplings. I hope they churn out more basic recipes because I'm running out of things to master.

Baraze
04-30-13, 02:47 PM
I'm really diggin the phonograph. I think the tables are an interesting shape too. I'm contemplating how I could use these pieces to create a cute vintage look w/o the outdated dinginess, you know? I bet if anyone has a steampunk theme some of this could work nicely. Looks like we have a new recipe too, chicken & dumplings. I hope they churn out more basic recipes because I'm running out of things to master.

I hope it is a new recipe and not a lame take on the gran-gran silliness. That name alone makes me give a blank stare.

StevenKevin
04-30-13, 03:15 PM
Love the vintage theme

wombat203
04-30-13, 04:10 PM
Is this theme Grandma's 70's d?cor? Missing the shag carpet and orange counters...

Baraze
04-30-13, 06:48 PM
Is this theme Grandma's 70's d?cor? Missing the shag carpet and orange counters...

Dont give them any ideas!

Cambg
04-30-13, 07:04 PM
The idea is good (like all your ideas), but I would like to suggest that when buying slabs set of floor mats, dance halls, etc.., Keep in mind a color that matches as much as possible with all the colors. In my restaurant prevails brown (wood). As I can put slabs and papers that are green? ... I know it is a difficult task, but ... could see several options, with colors like white, black, gray, and trimmed according to the season. I bought 20 tiles and rugs to keep them in the store! And then not be sold! Why not add this possibility?. Or you can change them later to the commemoration by others of the same price ..

cherryberry9
04-30-13, 08:01 PM
It's disappointing that every human figurine always appears to white. Team Lava should really embrace diversity. They started to when they revamped their customer sprites, but have not done anything about store models that are always of a fair complexion.

I agree.

bigbux3
04-30-13, 08:11 PM

The only "diverse color" that TeamLava has made (that I remember) in Restaurant Story was the girl in the VIP Lounge. The VIP Lounge was also the first Limited Time Item offer.

jtdesignz
05-01-13, 12:13 AM
ok tl what exactly does this go with? Is it cinco de mayo? Or spring? Or film festival? Just something random and imo pretty basic and ugly... Thanks though. Yey team! Next week maybe a snowman.

lol :d

LalaSmooth
05-01-13, 01:53 AM
Restuarant story wont be getting a mothers day update

kallen1973
05-01-13, 02:33 AM
Should have waited until after cinco de mayo. I just got those things situated in my rs. But just to point out swing dance is from 20s-50s. The phonograph is from late 1800s early 1900s.

minidemon88
05-01-13, 04:33 AM
The table looks very unique! Hopefully it will be for coins instead. Though I do like the phonograph, chair and the new counter. Too bad, no mother's day theme in rs. I was hoping there is some in rs too.

luv4quiltz
05-01-13, 08:47 AM
What happened to Cinco de Mayo theme? Why did they put out an entire Mexico version of RS for only a small handfull of mexican themed items? Strange!

ChickieCago
05-01-13, 09:20 AM
What happened to Cinco de Mayo theme? Why did they put out an entire Mexico version of RS for only a small handfull of mexican themed items? Strange!
Yes, I'm getting confused. Mother's day version with content - CHECK. Cinco de Mayo update teaser - CHECK. But no new Cinco de Mayo content... will we get it when the usual update occurs? Are we celebrating 2 holidays with one update? Any info would be nice...

ChickieCago
05-01-13, 09:20 AM
Sorry ^^ that was for Bakery story - I flaked out :(

LalaSmooth
05-01-13, 10:38 AM
Goals!!!!

Vera545
05-01-13, 10:58 AM
One goal says place white chair, table, and counter.
This cannot be correct....i already have dozens of white Furniture .....

Think This Is A Mistake

LalaSmooth
05-01-13, 11:02 AM
You have to sell them and place them.

lotuskat
05-01-13, 11:02 AM

Think This Is A Mistake

A lot of new players complained that the last two series of goals were too difficult to complete for lower-level players, so this set of goals gives them some achievable goals. You still get to unlock some new decor.

skeleton25
05-01-13, 11:12 AM
After the simple goals you need to serve 2 grilled cheese and 1 scalop

LalaSmooth
05-01-13, 11:13 AM
I thought the Bacon & Eggs were 1 hour not 3 minutes?

Baraze
05-01-13, 11:14 AM
New recipes. Yeah I had to skip a couple with gems because I have way too many chairs and tables in storage, but overall this is very fun and easy.

I like that they made bacon and eggs three minutes now. Maybe I can master them now on my smaller place.

lotuskat
05-01-13, 11:16 AM
Yup, Bacon and Eggs is now 3 minutes and provides 10 servings as opposed to 1 hr and 300 servings. Even better, each plate now goes for 6 coins each! Here's the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50441-Bacon-and-eggs).

minidemon88
05-01-13, 11:19 AM
I love gran-gran! Most of the items are locked as goals including the swing dance floor deco. The phonograph is a reward and I just got one. But you can't buy another new one. Have already unlocked the table and chair. Sorry, didn't take screenshot of the earlier goals. Basically, you need to cook and serve some short-timed recipes, buy white counter, 2 wallpaper and 17 floor tiles. Can't remember the rest. =p This is the goals I'm currently at.

Order Up!
Serve 2 Grilled Cheese
Serve 1 Baked Scallops

Riixie
05-01-13, 11:19 AM
Everything is super cheap! Yay! And new receipes! Working on those goals! (:

Riixie
05-01-13, 11:21 AM
I'm on "let the air in" buy two windows for two gems, sweet!

And also, "cracking cornbread" goal. It's an hour and we're making cornbread with honey. I'm redecorating and also frustrated with bakery story goals...LOL

Riixie
05-01-13, 11:22 AM
Sorry for the triple post but I meant buy two windows and get two gems as rewards, yay. (:

PartyScout
05-01-13, 11:26 AM
I am happy to see that all the required purchases are so inexpensive!

jmterao
05-01-13, 11:36 AM
ummm, those tables pictured? They are not the ones I have in my list. Did the goal and unlocked them. Completely different table.

marrrina
05-01-13, 11:37 AM
The only goal I don't like so far is to buy a basic oven. I have 18 slots, and 18 basic ovens. Now I have to store everything to lay out the basic ones, then sell one only to buy one again.

OpeningCeremony
05-01-13, 11:39 AM
The only goal I don't like so far is to buy a basic oven. I have 18 slots, and 18 basic ovens. Now I have to store everything to lay out the basic ones, then sell one only to buy one again.

i agree, really annoying. you can't even skip it for gems (not that i would). and all my ovens are cooking something and earliest something will free up is in 2 hrs. just going to wait this one out

meme1098
05-01-13, 11:43 AM
i agree, really annoying. you can't even skip it for gems (not that i would). and all my ovens are cooking something and earliest something will free up is in 2 hrs. just going to wait this one out

I didn't want to wait so I put all the appliances I needed to in storage & then pulled out the basic ovens until I bought one. I had only nine so it worked out for me.

meme1098
05-01-13, 11:45 AM
ummm, those tables pictured? They are not the ones I have in my list. Did the goal and unlocked them. Completely different table.

Gran-Grans table is unlocked first. That's not the one you unlocked? It's a gold color.

kooky panda
05-01-13, 11:48 AM
RS "Gran-Gran Goals" May 1 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50959-RS-quot-Gran-Gran-Goals-quot-May-1)

New goal thread

jmterao
05-01-13, 11:49 AM
No its not. Look at the table pictured on page two of this thread. My table it labled Grans table but its orange with a skirt with an orange runner down the middle. The one pictured on page two is completely different.

Not that I mind it, the one I have is perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving. But I would really like the ones pictured on page two.

jmterao
05-01-13, 11:50 AM
Is what you have pictured on page two?

meme1098
05-01-13, 12:00 PM
Sorry, jmterao, I totally forgot about those tables. Now that you mention it, I would rather have those, too. Much nicer tables. Don't know why we have 2 different themes going on at the same time.

minidemon88
05-01-13, 12:27 PM
Yes. The table unlocked from the goal isn't the one from the teaser. It's a completely different one we got. Not sure why though. I'd prefer to get the nicer table from the teaser too! But the chair is the same as teaser. Weird! =/

nax2uk
05-01-13, 12:38 PM

Think This Is A Mistake

I have 77 white tables and I am looking for space in my resto to place them in order to buy my 78th! Ggrrrrrr

meme1098
05-01-13, 01:36 PM
I have 77 white tables and I am looking for space in my resto to place them in order to buy my 78th! Ggrrrrrr

Just sell them. That's what I've been doing for several months already. I only keep about 4 or 5 of the basic ones on hand at one time. Makes it easier when I get a level completed on another game and have to buy another table.

gail66
05-01-13, 01:41 PM

I'm the same it's ridiculous isn't it should be automatically passed that one do u agree

sugarmilkppm
05-01-13, 01:57 PM
Yes. The table unlocked from the goal isn't the one from the teaser. It's a completely different one we got. Not sure why though. I'd prefer to get the nicer table from the teaser too! But the chair is the same as teaser. Weird! =/

Wondering about this. What happened to the table in the teaser?

jmterao
05-01-13, 02:03 PM
I am going to bet we will see if for sale for $100K each. Just a guess.

carabellexo
05-01-13, 02:09 PM
I've finished the goals already..

Shelbycat3000
05-01-13, 02:33 PM
I agree.

Fashion story lets you customize your character, customers and displays are more ethnically diverse as well. My issue is with the creepy dancing Stepford Wives. I didn't realize women were only allowed to wear one style of clothing back then *rolls eyes* ;)

I can get that this is *ugh* "gran-gran's" ode to days gone by, but I thought "swing" was more classy? Big band style? Like the movie The Mask with Jim Carrey. Color! Lights! Action!

This borders on children of the corn. Definitely more "that 70's show".

kooky panda
05-01-13, 02:52 PM
No its not. Look at the table pictured on page two of this thread. My table it labled Grans table but its orange with a skirt with an orange runner down the middle. The one pictured on page two is completely different.

Not that I mind it, the one I have is perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving. But I would really like the ones pictured on page two.
Sometimes item may end up being different from the ones shown. I will flag this over to double check.

meme1098
05-01-13, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by marrrina

I'm the same it's ridiculous isn't it should be automatically passed that one do u agree

Just sell one or more, as needed, of your basic ovens and then buy one back.that should fulfill the goal requirement.

meme1098
05-01-13, 03:01 PM
Sometimes item may end up being different from the ones shown. I will flag this over to double check.

Thanks, Kooky.

FrozenTurtle
05-01-13, 03:48 PM
Yup, Bacon and Eggs is now 3 minutes and provides 10 servings as opposed to 1 hr and 300 servings. Even better, each plate now goes for 6 coins each! Here's the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50441-Bacon-and-eggs).

Everything is super cheap! Yay! And new receipes! Working on those goals! (:

I love gran-gran! Most of the items are locked as goals including the swing dance floor deco. The phonograph is a reward and I just got one. But you can't buy another new one. Have already unlocked the table and chair. Sorry, didn't take screenshot of the earlier goals. Basically, you need to cook and serve some short-timed recipes, buy white counter, 2 wallpaper and 17 floor tiles. Can't remember the rest. =p This is the goals I'm currently at.

Order Up!
Serve 2 Grilled Cheese
Serve 1 Baked Scallops

I am happy to see that all the required purchases are so inexpensive!

We're glad to see there's so much positive feedback with this update! :D

cherryberry9
05-01-13, 04:04 PM
We're glad to see there's so much positive feedback with this update! :D

So am I!

FrozenTurtle
05-01-13, 04:12 PM

Sorry for the confusion! We did make this change after the content blog (http://blog.teamlava.com/) was posted. We hope you enjoy the new design as much as the one previously posted! :)

wombat203
05-01-13, 04:14 PM
Woke up to an update this morning, YEY (Aussie time) and looked at the goals and literally LOL this is my post from yesterday pre update... CALLED IT, its Grandmas 70s d?cor. Very funny, loving the simple quests, in spite of the odd theme, reminds me I should call Gran.

spunkygramma51
05-01-13, 06:12 PM
Love the idea! My question is what oven is for chicken and dumplings?

CuteTali
05-01-13, 06:23 PM
Love the idea! My question is what oven is for chicken and dumplings?

regular oven, all the way in the back of the recipes.

bigbux3
05-01-13, 06:54 PM
Sorry for the confusion! We did make this change after the content blog (http://blog.teamlava.com/) was posted. We hope you enjoy the new design as much as the one previously posted! :)

Well isn't that the same table from Bakery Story? The Thanksgiving one?

sharbuch
05-01-13, 07:13 PM
Well that was fun well it lasted took me 3 hours to finish these goal wow that was bad. Thank for the goals wish they lasted longer.

bigbux3
05-01-13, 07:18 PM
Well that was fun well it lasted took me 3 hours to finish these goal wow that was bad. Thank for the goals wish they lasted longer.

Mine are still going strong. My neighbors don't respond to my requests.

AuntyRose32
05-01-13, 07:50 PM
I like these goals....any goals are good goals as far as I'm concerned. Love the rewards, very cute. I hope we do eventually get the table that was posted on the blog originally, I love how they seem to lock into each other. Any chance we could get Gran Gran herself? She'd be a welcome addition to my restaurant family, they need some one old and wise to look after them :p

cherokee329
05-01-13, 09:12 PM
^^Ditto

jay1314
05-01-13, 09:45 PM
I like this update after all who cooks better than grandma I think it's cute and the goals are very simple so easy for players just starting out. I do wish the tables were the ones shown in the pic though but I'd say a pretty good update

Oliver118
05-01-13, 11:33 PM
So funny! Hilarious! I must see it!

minidemon88
05-02-13, 01:02 AM
These type of short and sweet goals is always welcome! I don't mind doing these often. Since it's way better than serving x amounts of recipes before we can proceed to the next goal. Even lower level player can also complete this goals without much problem. Win-win for us(level 99 players) and them. =D

snlps
05-02-13, 09:35 AM
Cute goals and easy. Great for new players. Would love to have gran gran in my restaurant.

Cambg
05-02-13, 10:52 AM
The 'operation' with the Mexican theme was a success! It would have been excellent in the Swing Dance Floor instead of dancers, appear 2 or 4 mariachis!...

marrrina
05-02-13, 11:53 AM
I enjoy goals and new recipes but wasn't a huge fan of this set. I understand they were trying to make the goals something people of all levels can do but I'm sure they could have done so without having people of high levels having to buy counters and tables they didnt need, or appliances they already have. As for the recipes I really miss having long ones, who'd have thought! The last several goal sets we've had have had recipes from 15 minutes - 2 hours. For me those are recipes that can be mastered within a day. I'm already on level 4 for these new recipes from the goals. Hoping for 6 hour + recipes in the future.

lotuskat
05-02-13, 12:24 PM
At least you get some gems pretty quickly!