PDA

View Full Version : does anyone really play this game?

glitterbabies
04-26-13, 07:08 AM
I've been playing for a few days and have requested several neighbors with no response and the neighbors I do have don't really respond to requests.

I can't clear goals or advance without that help so I'm curious if this game is even worth playing?

eefc
04-26-13, 07:12 AM
Keep visiting neighbors, play with their dragons, and don't forget to give your storm8 id when posting on someone's wall that you'd like to be added as a neighbor.
Hang in there!

eefc
04-26-13, 07:13 AM
Oops! Meant: keep visiting under the heading "community"
Mit also helps, as you'll end up getting requests yourself. Just check your wall.

glitterbabies
04-26-13, 07:16 AM
Oops! Meant: keep visiting under the heading "community"
Mit also helps, as you'll end up getting requests yourself. Just check your wall.

I visit and like their stuff all the time. I've gone through the forum and invited people from here but no responses.... is this game like a clique where they only accept people they know?

Just curious because in dragon story and bakery story I have no problem getting neighbors.

minidemon88
04-27-13, 03:01 AM
Of course there are people still playing this game. Just take a look at the game update thread and you will see people discussing about the updates. First, make sure all your neighbors are still actively playing the game and remove any in-active neighbor. If you're not sure whether they are still playing or not, you can politely ask them on their wall. Then look for new neighbor in the "Add Me" thread. Please note that they may/may not accept your neighbor's request. You can also look for new neighbor in the "Community" found in-game. Same as above, politely ask if they wanna be your neighbor by posting your Storm8 ID on their wall. They may either add you or ignore your post. Don't feel sad about it and just keep looking for new neighbor. =)

Send goal request to neighbor that you know are actively playing. Do not send above 20 requests, as that's the maxed requests you can send per day. Same goes to gift, as you can only accept 20 gifts per day only. It may take some time before you receive your goal request. Be patience and happy playing!

lelaina752
05-02-13, 04:13 AM
I visit and like their stuff all the time. I've gone through the forum and invited people from here but no responses.... is this game like a clique where they only accept people they know?

Just curious because in dragon story and bakery story I have no problem getting neighbors.

I'm sorry you are frustrated. Now that I have also started playing DS and BS, I agree that it is easier to get neighbors on those games. Many people play FS and it is a lot of fun--you just have to find the right neighbors. If you are asking higher level players to add you, it might be tough for them to visit. I have over 400 neighbors and I can't visit every neighbor every day. I manage it by sending gifts when I receive them, and liking back the stores that like me. That turns into liking and gifting a lot of the same neighbors every day because they are the really active ones. It sounds like you are taking the right steps, so just keep at it. FS is a lot of fun and I have some amazing neighbors. You will too...just give it time. You can send me a neighbor invite if you want--I accept all invites and requests for goals. Hope that helps. :)

glitterbabies
05-04-13, 05:26 AM
Of course there are people still playing this game. Just take a look at the game update thread and you will see people discussing about the updates. First, make sure all your neighbors are still actively playing the game and remove any in-active neighbor. If you're not sure whether they are still playing or not, you can politely ask them on their wall. Then look for new neighbor in the "Add Me" thread. Please note that they may/may not accept your neighbor's request. You can also look for new neighbor in the "Community" found in-game. Same as above, politely ask if they wanna be your neighbor by posting your Storm8 ID on their wall. They may either add you or ignore your post. Don't feel sad about it and just keep looking for new neighbor. =)

Send goal request to neighbor that you know are actively playing. Do not send above 20 requests, as that's the maxed requests you can send per day. Same goes to gift, as you can only accept 20 gifts per day only. It may take some time before you receive your goal request. Be patience and happy playing!

I don't get why anyone would ignore a neighbor request?? it seems this does happen...but only in this game. I've never had this problem in the other games I play..in fact if I have a problem in the other game it's too many neighbors and not enough time to visit them all.

I guess it is what it is. I have gotten some really great neighbors since starting but not enough to even do some of the expansions that require a certain number of neighbors.

Perhaps I'll just abandon this game and play the ones were people are more social.

Anaboe
05-04-13, 10:16 AM
Personaly I reject neigbor-request from players that are below level 15. I try to keep the number of my neighbors below 50, because that way I can visit them all as much as I can, and won't spend time on players that aren't active: I hate it when I come in and can't tip/like/play because the shop is empty and there's nothing to tip/like, or the tips/likes haven't been collected in days, it's such a waste of time. Many of the players that are below lvl 15 only play the game to get gems/gold in other games, not because they like the game itself. That means they become inactive players when they've reached their goals, with usually is around level 15.

So perhaps if you try again when you're level 15 or up, you have more luck?

glitterbabies
05-07-13, 06:21 PM
Personaly I reject neigbor-request from players that are below level 15. I try to keep the number of my neighbors below 50, because that way I can visit them all as much as I can, and won't spend time on players that aren't active: I hate it when I come in and can't tip/like/play because the shop is empty and there's nothing to tip/like, or the tips/likes haven't been collected in days, it's such a waste of time. Many of the players that are below lvl 15 only play the game to get gems/gold in other games, not because they like the game itself. That means they become inactive players when they've reached their goals, with usually is around level 15.

So perhaps if you try again when you're level 15 or up, you have more luck?

well that makes sense...I started playing to get gold for dragon story and got hooked lol....I'm halfway through level 25 now and just reached 20 neighbors :)

I always have merchandise out and am actually kind of obsessive about keeping my store stocked so there is always stuff out to like and I check my store all day long.

I do see why players wouldn't want inactive players as neighbors so thanks for the explanation on why you'd ignore a request.

maybe you'll neighbor me now :p

minidemon88
05-08-13, 01:38 AM
The other reason could be that the player is not accepting anymore neighbor now. Hence the reason why your neighbor request got ignored. It could be due to other reasons like level too low or star rating not high enough. But you can also try adding neighbor similar to your level.

glitterbabies
05-09-13, 07:36 AM
got a flurry of neighbors yesterday...which made me ridiculously happy considering it's just a game lol..

thanks to everyone who offered tips and encouragement.

I'm good on neighbors now I think......it probably was the low level issue....

kooky panda
05-09-13, 08:13 AM
I've been playing for a few days and have requested several neighbors with no response and the neighbors I do have don't really respond to requests.

I can't clear goals or advance without that help so I'm curious if this game is even worth playing?

got a flurry of neighbors yesterday...which made me ridiculously happy considering it's just a game lol..

thanks to everyone who offered tips and encouragement.

I'm good on neighbors now I think......it probably was the low level issue....

Glad to hear you are now stocked up with good neighbors!
Happy gaming!