PDA

View Full Version : Farm Mother's Day Update 4-25-13

Baraze
04-25-13, 06:14 PM
Has anyone seen the new Mother's Day content released today? Soooo beautiful!

A Mother's Day tree and crop. Mother's Day flowers. Gnome family.

Yes, Mother Day Fruit is 1 gem and 6 hrs
Mom Tree is 5000 coins and 3 hours
Mother Boutique is 240 coins and 22hrs
Gnome Family 26 gems
Potted Sunflower 25,000 coins
Baby Turtle Topiary 50,000 coins

CuteTali
04-25-13, 06:37 PM
Has anyone seen the new Mother's Day content released today? Soooo beautiful!

A Mother's Day tree and crop. Mother's Day flowers. Gnome family.

Haven't seen it, but I am anxiously waiting for the mother's day content. Where can I see it?

Baraze
04-25-13, 06:38 PM
Haven't seen it, but I am anxiously waiting for the mother's day content. Where can I see it?

If you're on android and dont see it, maybe there will be a new version for you all? I'm on iOS and when opening the tab to get the new crop I saw it.

Baraze
04-25-13, 06:43 PM
Here they are. Not sure how to make the picture bigger.

CuteTali
04-25-13, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the tip! Just checked the android market and there's a new Mother's Day edition for Farm Story! Yay! Now gotta wait for the quest to download it so I don't miss out on the gems like I did last time :D

CuteTali
04-25-13, 06:48 PM
Here they are. Not sure how to make the picture bigger.

Thank you so much for the pictures! Ooh I love so many of these items. The Mom Tree looks soo cute and is only 3 hours! The turtle is adorable, definitely gonna buy several of these to add to my turtle area. Thanks TL for the content and thank you Baraze for the pictures!

sibl
04-26-13, 02:52 AM
BUT BE CAREFULL WITH THE MOTHER DAY'S FRUIT!!!!! After planting them (silly me) all my GEMS were gone. For a 6 hours fruit 1 GEM. Insane!!!! I never thought there are fruits/plants for gems and didn't pay attention. My mistake. PLEASE BE CAREFULL.

bbieprnc
04-26-13, 04:58 AM
Yes, Mother Day Fruit is 1 gem and 6 hrs
Mom Tree is 5000 coins and 3 hours
Mother Boutique is 240 coins and 22hrs
Gnome Family 26 gems
Potted Sunflower 25,000 coins
Baby Turtle Topiary 50,000 coins

CuteTali
04-26-13, 05:43 AM
I keep thinking Mother's Boutique should've been called Mother's Bouquet. Is this a typo TL?

Can a moderator please flag this up as a minor bug that needs fixed?

pinkster73
04-26-13, 08:03 AM
A gem crop that wilts? Is this right?

bbieprnc
04-26-13, 09:20 AM

Yikes, you are right - it is fruit!!!

sibl
04-26-13, 10:11 AM
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z426/Sibelr/th_5955423d1013a19b8d1d412a8471c129_zps444d2350.jp g (http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z426/Sibelr/?action=view&current=5955423d1013a19b8d1d412a8471c129_zps444d23 50.jpg)
This is the image of 100 gems, which I'm going to throw away in few minutes. Thank you TL for this great idea of bringing out a 1 GEM FRUIT. I'm out of my mind!!!

pinkster73
04-26-13, 10:24 AM
http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z426/Sibelr/th_5955423d1013a19b8d1d412a8471c129_zps444d2350.jp g (http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z426/Sibelr/?action=view&current=5955423d1013a19b8d1d412a8471c129_zps444d23 50.jpg)
This is the image of 100 gems, which I'm going to throw away in few minutes. Thank you TL for this great idea of bringing out a 1 GEM FRUIT. I'm out of my mind!!!

This is completely ridiculous and unfair. It should be changed and you should be reimbursed. Having a gem crop that wilts is STUPID.

bev1947
04-26-13, 10:33 AM
A new kind of gem trap;( It would have been nice if the fruit came fully grown like the tree and could collect every six hours. Thanks for the heads up before I invested more than 1 gem. I was testing the waters before I jumped in.

savage_mel
04-26-13, 12:05 PM
I keep thinking Mother's Boutique should've been called Mother's Bouquet. Is this a typo TL?

My thoughts exactly! That's what I came to the forum to say

kooky panda
04-26-13, 01:27 PM

I have flagged this over.

BUT BE CAREFULL WITH THE MOTHER DAY'S FRUIT!!!!! After planting them (silly me) all my GEMS were gone. For a 6 hours fruit 1 GEM. Insane!!!! I never thought there are fruits/plants for gems and didn't pay attention. My mistake. PLEASE BE CAREFULL.

I am checking on this one.

FrozenTurtle
04-26-13, 01:38 PM

This has been fixed, thanks! :)

kmyfarmer
04-26-13, 01:53 PM
I did the same mistake and lost my hard earned gems by planting a fruit without realizing it cost gems! I have done it in the past with flowers and since then i was extremely cautious when new flowers were released! But to have fruits cost gems when you must harvest them is unbelievable!

FrozenTurtle
04-26-13, 01:56 PM

Sorry about the confusion! We'll pass the feedback along to the team, but it is supposed to be an extra special fruit in celebration of Mother's Day. We hope you enjoy it while it lasts!

Baraze
04-26-13, 02:13 PM

I bought some last night too! And what do I see when I turn on my ipad? A notice saying my crop is about to wither! I said no way, couldn't be. Sure enough, the stupid things had wilted and I spent SO many gems on them. When I clicked flowers I saw it wasn't even considered as one. To say I'm angry is an understatement.

pinkster73
04-26-13, 02:13 PM
Sorry about the confusion! We'll pass the feedback along to the team, but it is supposed to be an extra special fruit in celebration of Mother's Day. We hope you enjoy it while it lasts!

Enjoy spending gems for a 6 hour fruit? Seriously?

Baraze
04-26-13, 02:20 PM
I could have used those gems towards saving for the gnome picnic family!

sugarmilkppm
04-26-13, 02:39 PM
Wow. Spending gems on a crop w/o realizing it costs gems until it's too late is one thing. But no crop that costs gems should wilt; "extra special fruit" should be everlasting -_-

sibl
04-26-13, 02:49 PM
Thank you so much FT. Will try to enjoy them. But will enjoy them more, if you'll send me a nice fruit basket to Germany. That will make me really happy. :-)).

MrsPamB
04-26-13, 03:29 PM
I could have used those gems towards saving for the gnome picnic family!

I was going to buy it too, until I realized it was just the Valentines Picnic with kids��

Baraze
04-26-13, 03:31 PM
I was going to buy it too, until I realized it was just the Valentines Picnic with kids��

I was so disappointed when they didnt bring it or the valentines day box back in February. As soon as I saw it I jumped for joy. But wanted the now useless crop and said ill get it in a few days. I can't see it too well but its a keeper! Maybe you can get it and put them together in some type or design?

elektraalpha
04-27-13, 03:23 AM
I don't see Mom's day fruit in the list. Is it not included in android ver?

Hallorenkugel2
04-27-13, 02:52 PM
Thank you TL for loosing ALL MY GEMS for your stupid Mom's Day Fruits, which WITHERED NOW!
IT'S AN INSOLENCE!!!

pinkster73
04-27-13, 02:59 PM
Thank you TL for loosing ALL MY GEMS for your stupid Mom's Day Fruits, which WITHERED NOW!
IT'S AN INSOLENCE!!!

What? You didn't "enjoy it"?

Hallorenkugel2
04-27-13, 03:06 PM
I beweep all of my 84 Gems ... I'm so peeved!!
I think, I will delete this game...

sibl
04-28-13, 04:45 AM
IT'S AN INSOLENCE!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that it happened to you too. I lost about 100 gems. I know it was mt fault of not paying attention. But who could ever think that a fruit costs 1 gem??? I saw fruit 6 hours. Tataaaa, bye bye gems. It's a very upsetting thing.
But you're not alone. Take care and keep an eye now on any new fruit and plant :-))

cherryberry9
04-28-13, 10:37 AM

Thanks for your help FrozenTurtle but this time TL's way of depriving us of our money has gone to far.

sourlicorice5
04-28-13, 12:28 PM

Thanks but not gonna enjoy it lol. Won't waste gems on crops. Though thank you for all the other Mothers Day stuff xx

sourlicorice5
04-28-13, 12:29 PM
Enjoy spending gems for a 6 hour fruit? Seriously?

Lol my thoughts exactly.

WendingWanderer
04-28-13, 01:14 PM

I'm sorry, but there is no crop that is so "enjoyable" that it's worth a gem for only 6-9 hours of "enjoyment". Even the ever-lasting (until you accidently harvest them) flowers aren't a gem worth of enjoyment.

I appriciate the "heads-up" from the other players who were ripped off.

LadySilverWolf
04-28-13, 02:01 PM
I don't see the Mother's Day stuff at all - is it not available on Android?

kooky panda
04-28-13, 02:05 PM
You will need to install the new Farm Mothers day game from google play.

version 1.9.5.2

kimba33182
04-28-13, 02:17 PM
I think TL should have rolled it out as a goal & given you 6 gems & 3 xp's when you did the upgrade

LadySilverWolf
04-28-13, 02:19 PM
You will need to install the new Farm Mothers day game from google play.

version 1.9.5.2

Ah okay - thanks! :) Do I have to install all the holiday versions from Google Play? They aren't automatic?

bbieprnc
04-28-13, 02:54 PM

I have android and had the Mother's Day items on regular Farm since Friday...interesting to see that you still don't have it. Go figures.

elektraalpha
04-28-13, 05:32 PM
I don't see any mother day stuff as well.

kooky panda
04-28-13, 05:53 PM
Ah okay - thanks! :) Do I have to install all the holiday versions from Google Play? They aren't automatic?
You can set your device to automatically install updates to a game that is already on your device, but you will need to watch the app store for new seasonal games that get released.

I don't see any mother day stuff as well.
Are you on the new Mothers day game?

I have android and had the Mother's Day items on regular Farm since Friday...interesting to see that you still don't have it. Go figures.

Are you on the most current version for the regular game?

If someone has not updated their regular farm game that could also be the reason they are not seeing the new items.
I have seen some posts from members that they have gone back to playing older versions of the games.

I checked my kindle fire and it did get the new mother day items.

farmer1600
04-28-13, 06:01 PM
Posted in wrong spot.

SO sorry to all the players who lost gems on TL's stupid 6 hour gem trap crop that wilts.

elektraalpha
04-28-13, 06:13 PM
You can set your device to automatically install updates to a game that is already on your device, but you will need to watch the app store for new seasonal games that get released.

Are you on the new Mothers day game?

I'm on android. No mother day ver on google play. And version is 1.9.6, lastest and on GP it said updated at 26APR.
No mother day stuff. I only see that aussie tree, koala on feature list.

elektraalpha
04-28-13, 07:05 PM
ETA: Mother day ver is on last of list from TL in google play.

No notification to dl like other games :(

Will install it later.

bbieprnc
04-29-13, 04:49 AM
I'm on android. No mother day ver on google play. And version is 1.9.6, lastest and on GP it said updated at 26APR.
No mother day stuff. I only see that aussie tree, koala on feature list.

If someone has not updated their regular farm game that could also be the reason they are not seeing the new items.
I have seen some posts from members that they have gone back to playing older versions of the games.

I checked my kindle fire and it did get the new mother day items.[/QUOTE]

I have the old version of the game on Android and do have Mother Day stuff since Friday.

elektraalpha
04-29-13, 08:28 AM

I checked my kindle fire and it did get the new mother day items.

I have the old version of the game on Android and do have Mother Day stuff since Friday.[/QUOTE]

I have most update for regular (update 26APR). No new items until I dl Mother day ver from google play.

farmernana3
04-29-13, 07:08 PM
I did the same mistake and lost my hard earned gems by planting a fruit without realizing it cost gems! I have done it in the past with flowers and since then i was extremely cautious when new flowers were released! But to have fruits cost gems when you must harvest them is unbelievable!

Well... I don't feel so stupid now. Seems I'm not the only one who planted the fruit and didn't realize it was costing me gems until they were all gone! I worked hard for my gems!. :(

WendingWanderer
04-29-13, 08:51 PM
I have an older version of Farm Story. I've downloaded the Mother's Day edition, but the items don't show up in my regular edition until I add them from the Mother's Day edition. The Mother's Day trees I planted are in the regular edition, but I must go to the Mother's Day edition each time I want to plant the (non-gem) flowers.

In order to be exposed to "tap to manage" (ie, gem stealing) as little as possible, I harvest and plow in the regular edition, then go to the Mother's Day edition to plant.

bbieprnc
04-30-13, 05:34 AM
I have an older version of Farm Story. I've downloaded the Mother's Day edition, but the items don't show up in my regular edition until I add them from the Mother's Day edition. The Mother's Day trees I planted are in the regular edition, but I must go to the Mother's Day edition each time I want to plant the (non-gem) flowers.

In order to be exposed to "tap to manage" (ie, gem stealing) as little as possible, I harvest and plow in the regular edition, then go to the Mother's Day edition to plant.

Did you try to reload / re-install the previous version? I have the old one and never had to download the Mother's Day edition to get all the flowers. No, I didn't have to reinstall or download anything, but just thinking that it could help and you would be able to stay away from tap to manage.

elektraalpha
04-30-13, 07:56 AM
I installed Mother Day ver before promotion goal on other games start.

Now, no MD promotion appear on other games, no extra gems/gold.

My device is android tablet. Other game s are Restaurant, Bakery, Dragon, Fashion. ID is elektraalpha

Also tried uninstall MD ver and reinstall, nothing change.

nky1111
04-30-13, 11:32 AM
now you only can get 6 gems in city, night club, or by playing an old versions of the games ( there are old fashion 1.0 and farm out there, maybe others too ) you need versions that don't support goals yet. they will give u 6 gems.

Baraze
04-30-13, 11:39 AM
I installed Mother Day ver before promotion goal on other games start.

Now, no MD promotion appear on other games, no extra gems/gold.

My device is android tablet. Other game s are Restaurant, Bakery, Dragon, Fashion. ID is elektraalpha

Also tried uninstall MD ver and reinstall, nothing change.

If you install the game before logging Into the other games to have the goal pop up, you won't get the free gems.

elektraalpha
04-30-13, 11:47 AM
That sucks. There is no promo for 5 days since it release and now even installed, no extra gems/gold.

Baraze
04-30-13, 11:49 AM
That sucks. There is no promo for 5 days since it release and now even installed, no extra gems/gold.

Mines just came yesterday. It takes about a week ive noticed.

WendingWanderer
05-02-13, 09:03 PM
Did you try to reload / re-install the previous version? I have the old one and never had to download the Mother's Day edition to get all the flowers. No, I didn't have to reinstall or download anything, but just thinking that it could help and you would be able to stay away from tap to manage.

Fortunately, when the regular Tuesday update happened, the Mother's Day flowers appeared in the regular Farm Story, so, no more trips to the Mother's Day version.

LadySilverWolf
05-06-13, 08:26 AM

I had to install the Mother's Day version from Google Play, but I do have it now.

kooky panda
05-10-13, 10:15 AM

Good news!!!

Thanks for all the great feedback on the Sorghum crop (and Mom's Day Fruit)! We've gone ahead and made a change that will prevent both of these items from wilting.

Please note, this is not retroactive and any crops planted before the change was made will still wilt. We hope you enjoy them! :)