PDA

View Full Version : Goal question...Magic Garden/Thurston

tornrawks
04-25-13, 04:04 PM
Hi there I am hoping someone can help me with this one...

I have expanded to the Tablet and completed the quest (built the book).

Now I am not sure what is best for next moves.....do I expand the next stage to the Magic Garden or do I use my next one to get Thurston (I am assuming that is who is standing there in his underwear)?

Does it matter and affect gameplay to do the wrong thing first?

I am enjoying the game (except all the waiting for everything lol) but don't understand certain elements of it and am concerned about making it even more complicated by doing things "out of order".

Thanks!

HNO3
04-25-13, 04:18 PM
I was finishing up the tablet quests when the update with the royal exchange came out. I had been planning on doing the garden next, but when I read on here about the fruit trade being upgraded if you harvested glimmerbulbs I decided to do thurston first. Nothing in his quest line requires the garden and I get to keep my 1 hr fruit trade. I'm saving the garden intil I get the chateau (just got tinker camp).
That's just the strategy I chose though - it seems 50/50 which one my neighbors have done first, and I don't think there is a right way.
Thurston is really annoying though - makes you pay his bar tab, find his stuff, and then wanders around doing nothing while you still have to beat up your own fangbeasts.

wassupbaby
04-25-13, 04:29 PM
I cant remember the exact number but magic garden gives you alot RP and it's important in early game. On the other hand , like HNO3 said , if you want to avoid upgrading , you should go for thurston. Oh btw having magic garden will trigger the quest to get purple cow , which occasionally drops gems.

Gardienn
04-25-13, 04:30 PM
I was finishing up the tablet quests when the update with the royal exchange came out. I had been planning on doing the garden next, but when I read on here about the fruit trade being upgraded if you harvested glimmerbulbs I decided to do thurston first. Nothing in his quest line requires the garden and I get to keep my 1 hr fruit trade. I'm saving the garden intil I get the chateau (just got tinker camp).

I totally agree. That's about what I was going to say and I'm doing the exact same as HNO3. I found my garden and went through everything to uncloak it except actually uncloaking it and it has kept my rare fruit trade just rare fruit instead of exotic, or whatever the four hour super hard fruit trade is. I'd already accidentally upgraded it when I hit glimmerbulbs. I'd say wait on making the garden active until after getting the tinker camp and chateau.

Gardienn
04-25-13, 04:32 PM
From what I've read, that purple cow also triggers an exchange route upgrade, making it take way longer to get those tickets.

maguar
04-26-13, 01:57 AM
From what I've read, that purple cow also triggers an exchange route upgrade, making it take way longer to get those tickets.

The cow often drops glimmerbulbs (same as the garden) it's this that triggers the first upgrade.

Gardienn
04-26-13, 06:29 AM
The cow often drops glimmerbulbs (same as the garden) it's this that triggers the first upgrade.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Maguar.

Skreags
04-26-13, 10:28 AM
Wish I'd done that! Woulda helped speed up tickets for tinker!

arikasi
04-27-13, 08:41 PM
I am going through Thurstons quests now and the gardens. I am just doing the clarity potion quest for the garden but considering not touching the garden itself. However I would love to get an apple and unlock piggie. How long do you think it takes to get an apple from the garden?
And do your exchanged upgrade the very first time the garden drops glimmer bulbs or is it father so many collections on the garden?

Thank you.

maguar
04-27-13, 11:03 PM
Te apple is a random drop. You could get it on the first or it might take over 100. It upgrades as soon as you get the first glimmerbulb.

HNO3
04-27-13, 11:31 PM
I saved up my gems and got an apple tree, since I knew it would be a while before I got to the garden since I was working on thurston and the exchange. It took about 70 tries for the golden apple to drop. I don't know if the drop rate for the garden is any different.

arikasi
04-28-13, 12:21 PM
Ty, all my gems, less a gem trap grr, are being saved up for a WS. I guess poor mr piggie, purple cow and garden will have to wait. I'm half way to the tinker camp