PDA

View Full Version : Comment System Changes

Norman
12-23-10, 02:27 PM
Only 100 comments will be stored at any given point in time. Any comments that exceed that amount will be permanently deleted automatically.

You are only able to see 100 comments at one time. Previous to the change, if you deleted newer comments you can see older comments. You will no longer be able to see those comments.

This change will help increase the quality of gameplay and reduce the strain on our servers. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding. :cool:

greygull
12-23-10, 02:46 PM
Just making sure I understand. I write on my wall, leaving id and info. This will now be deleted? I delete messages from others often, since I have daily trivia quizes. Will we still be able to delete messages? Thank you for your answer.

Norman
12-23-10, 02:59 PM
Just making sure I understand. I write on my wall, leaving id and info. This will now be deleted? I delete messages from others often, since I have daily trivia quizes. Will we still be able to delete messages? Thank you for your answer.

You will still be able to delete comments.

If you comment on another players wall, it'll just push the other comments that are already on the wall down. Any comments that get pushed past 100, will be deleted.

Unregistered
12-23-10, 03:11 PM
Good -- thanks. I'm sick of reading people's lame "I tipped you" junk on my wall. I can find out who tipped me in the news part. Redundancy sucks. Stay away from my board unless you have something important to say, like "Your kitchen is on fire." Or "I am having a medical emergency and my only link to the outside world is through this Team Lava gam." Or "I am rich beyond my wildest dreams, mostly through inheritance for which I accomplished little that would make me feel entitled to keep this fortune. Your virtual restaurant is so pleasantly designed, and I'm feeling so drunkenly whimsical, that I'd like to tip you with 1.3 million real-world dollars if you would kindly accept my offer."

greygull
12-23-10, 03:14 PM
Ok, thank you for clarifying!

Unregistered
12-23-10, 06:51 PM
Good -- thanks. I'm sick of reading people's lame "I tipped you" junk on my wall. I can find out who tipped me in the news part. Redundancy sucks. Stay away from my board unless you have something important to say, like "Your kitchen is on fire." Or "I am having a medical emergency and my only link to the outside world is through this Team Lava gam." Or "I am rich beyond my wildest dreams, mostly through inheritance for which I accomplished little that would make me feel entitled to keep this fortune. Your virtual restaurant is so pleasantly designed, and I'm feeling so drunkenly whimsical, that I'd like to tip you with 1.3 million real-world dollars if you would kindly accept my offer."

I personally don't bother leaving notes, but that's just me. It's up to each person.

But, dude. Some people write on your wall to let you know so that you can actually tip them back. The news feed only stores the last *10* tippers. What about the others who tipped you first? What if you didn't see them? That's why they leave a note, moron.

But perhaps you never get more than 10 tippers when you're sleeping/away/whatever? That's on you for having a small, sucky restaurant.

Unregistered
12-23-10, 07:14 PM

And you see how different people are....if you don't post on my wall, you don't get tipped back. I don't bother with the feeds as they only hold ten.

You need to tell your neighbors your preference. If they don't like, they can delete you. Or you can just not be surprised when you visit someone and they don't visit back. But sounds like you don't care anyways.

Unregistered
12-23-10, 07:17 PM

Wow, what a charming neighbor u are. Bet you don't have many as they probably delete you as you don't tip, and if you do, no one knows.

People who want a return visit, leave a message

Unregistered
12-23-10, 09:24 PM
Lighten up, lavatards. I think the dude was bein facetious. But anyway most people just copy their "hey I tipped you (insert cutesy symbols and/or 'clever' saying; change daily if you want it to seem thoughtful)" message to their clipboard and just paste it in each neighbor's wall. Most of the time it's not a personal sentiment or anything.

Really tho once you've risen high in levels, maxed out your appliances and saved a few million, tips don't mean much anymore. In Farm Story, I only water when Im using a neighbros screen to quick-harvest/till/plant. The tiny proportional bonus to water just isn't worth my effort when I've got six million in the bank.

In the beginning, yeah, it mattered.

Unregistered
12-26-10, 10:38 PM
I personally don't bother leaving notes, but that's just me. It's up to each person.

But, dude. Some people write on your wall to let you know so that you can actually tip them back. The news feed only stores the last *10* tippers. What about the others who tipped you first? What if you didn't see them? That's why they leave a note, moron.

But perhaps you never get more than 10 tippers when you're sleeping/away/whatever? That's on you for having a small, sucky restaurant.

What us the matter with you, didn't your mother ever tell you, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all! So rude it's unbelievable.

User Id: yummys111 feel free to add me

Unregistered
01-11-11, 07:52 PM
If this isn't a social game, what is it? To go from one place to another and just insanely tap, tap tap is nuts to me. Yes, some of the messages are redundant, however the person playing is taking more time then the ones that just go to the feeds. In and out! Wow what fun. There actually are people that personalize their notes. SOCIALIZING is not a bad thing. Furthermore, you don't miss someone because they fell off the Feed.

Unregistered
02-04-11, 07:22 AM
ID:Zeon223
I'm a drord's user and just playing this game,R-S & B-S for a month.
I have few comments to development department
1) send gift - need click many many times per day, hopefully I can click SEND "ALL" in one button.
2) some bugs on droid's version, likely some decorations have been disappered intermittencely
also the updates on driod is much later then ip4,ipad.........
3) my fd's are using IP4 and they have valentine's special item to use, but I don't have, why ? It's not fair ~~
they have many GEMs to buy special decorations but I don't, Why ?