PDA

View Full Version : Can you play without buying gems?

Laleia
04-25-13, 05:56 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been playing the bakery game for a while now, enjoying finding balance in decorating and running an efficient bakery. I've easily reached level 41 and fulfilled all the challenges.

Since little over a week I started the restaurant game too and I have to admit I feel frustrated. I made it to level 15. I'm not sure whether I'm just used to the higher level in my bakery or wether I'm playing it wrong. But I can't shake the feeling you can't play this game unless you're prepared to buy gems.
The spring goals that have popped up seem unreachable. Every element is so expensive. I don't have enough appliances yet to make that kind off money fast enough.

So is there something wrong with my strategy or is it simply not doable to play this game as a free game?

Tnx for any advice!

marrrina
04-25-13, 06:29 AM
I'm level 99 in both Restaurant and Bakery and not once have I or will I buy gems. So yes, you can definitely play without doing it. The unfortunate thing about restaurant story is that you make money at a far slower rate. I played Restaurant Story before Bakery, but I have almost 10 million more coins in Bakery.

lotuskat
04-25-13, 06:33 AM
Like marrina said, I'm lvl 99 in RS and haven't had to use gems (though I've chosen to for some of the cute decor). I think it does take a while to build up enough coins to buy the new appliances that come out with each set of goals or buy additional appliances to complete goals that call for 1-day recipies. Once you're in the higher levels, you end up with a pile of coins with nothing to use it on!

meme1098
04-25-13, 07:36 AM
I'm level 99 in RS & level 97 in FS and have not bought a single gem. It's just takes time & patience to earn coins & gems. To earn the most coin, I always make sure my counters only have 4 coins per serving or higher. I master the lower coin recipes but toss them when they are done. Just keep as much high paying food out as you possibly can. Good Luck!

angela3737
04-25-13, 09:14 AM
I have been playing farm , bakery, and Resturant ..all around 99 ( 100+. On farm ) since summer 2010 . I have never purchased gems. I am to the point for Resturant I did my last 2 expansions by using 80 gems esch time ( can't expand anymore ).. Gems start adding up- especially from the downloads for other games / seasonal versions ..I never download a new update immediately when released ..I wait a few days ..usually end up with a goal to download and recieve gems...esch time , you can get 18 gems (6 inital and then 3 for certain levels reached ).. Make sure you open the goal on all games before download so you earn the goals ..sometimes ( most for me ).. If I download and didn't open a Goal on the game , I don't get credited with the reward ..

Laleia
04-25-13, 12:26 PM
Ok. Thanks for the reactions. I feel assured that it is possible now.
I will just have to be a bit patient until I get a higher level.
Thanks for all the tips on earning coins and collecting gems for other download: very useful.

Xxx

cherryberry9
04-25-13, 03:30 PM
I'm level 99 in both Restaurant and Bakery and not once have I or will I buy gems. So yes, you can definitely play without doing it. The unfortunate thing about restaurant story is that you make money at a far slower rate. I played Restaurant Story before Bakery, but I have almost 10 million more coins in Bakery.

That seems weird since BS's prices are doubled.

slam308
04-25-13, 05:08 PM
I, also, am Level 99 in RS and BS. I started BS in Sept 12 and RS a week or two later. I have 2.8 million in BS and 15.1 million in RS. I have never purchased gems. As soon as I hit 49 gems I buy an extra appliance slot. I don't really care about d?cor and don't want to accidentally spend them in any of the many gem traps.