PDA

View Full Version : We're Listening!

Norman
07-08-10, 05:18 PM
It has been brought to my attention that a lot of our players feel that we are not listening. I just would like everyone to know that this is not true.

Our communication has been, up to this point, lacking, but we will work hard to improve that.

Remember if you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail support (support@teamlava.com). You post any suggestions and questions you have in this thread.

In regards to forum response, please remember that not all forum posts will receive a response. If you would like individual responses, customer support is the best way to go for that. We appreciate your past feedback and suggestions and we look forward to hearing more from you! :cool:

King001
07-08-10, 07:01 PM
this is good to know. i think this game has a lot of potential. I like it better then farmville. Hopfully soon we can have as much stuff to add to the farm like rivers and such to make everyones farm a little more unique. I would also like to see a way to interact more with the community after all the point is to share the experience with people from all over the world. lowering the price on expansion wouldn't hurt either ;) either way good job to the devs and thanks for all the effort it greatly appriciated.

Hawk 8
07-08-10, 07:31 PM
Cant wait for the new updates! I know everyone is talking about deleting neighbors, but I most looking forward to some new expansions!

Unregistered
07-08-10, 08:55 PM
Great, then if you are listening, pretty please can you make it cheaper and easier to expand the Farm land? When we do expand, its such a small amount it just feels like a rip off!
Thanks

Unregistered
07-08-10, 10:01 PM
I think that the most requested features are:

Ability to delete inactive neighbors
Roaming animals

The first seems rather easy to implement, and is very necessary. I suppose that sorting neighbors by "time since login" could be just as good.

Unregistered
07-09-10, 02:06 AM
Lots of obnoxious players. We need a way to block them from leaving comments.

George Scott
07-09-10, 02:33 AM
Perhaps you should as it is still not working in regard to replys to emails

It has been brought to my attention that a lot of our players feel that we are not listening. I just would like everyone to know that this is not true.

Our communication has been, up to this point, lacking, but we will work hard to improve that.

Remember if you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail support (support@teamlava.com). You post any suggestions and questions you have in this thread.

In regards to forum response, please remember that not all forum posts will receive a response. If you would like individual responses, customer support is the best way to go for that. We appreciate your past feedback and suggestions and we look forward to hearing more from you! :cool:

Unregistered
07-09-10, 09:28 AM
Thank you for letting us know TeamLava is here, and listening to us.

Norman
07-09-10, 11:32 AM
Perhaps you should as it is still not working in regard to replys to emails

Can you clarify what you mean by it's not working in regards to e-mail replies? Is the response time still too slow? I heard we usually get back to responses within 24 hours except for on the weekends of course, which we apologize. :cool:

swati
07-09-10, 04:11 PM
I think that the most requested features are:

Ability to delete inactive neighbors
Roaming animals

The first seems rather easy to implement, and is very necessary. I suppose that sorting neighbors by "time since login" could be just as good.

I haven't seen anyone asking for roaming animals...how can you say it's one of the most requested features?? I read these forums almost daily.

Unregistered
07-10-10, 01:04 PM
I loved the new farm story summer! Some suggestions: what about a Peach tree? Banana tree?
bugs report : when I place a fence of one color next to one of different color every time I am planting or harvesting the fence flickers.

Unregistered
07-10-10, 04:41 PM
I would love to have 1/2 squares for things like narrow flower beds. Also, water squares (with no borders) to create pools & duck ponds, a chicken coop, milking station. Maybe things a little more to scale, like the giant chairs. I would also like new things to be farm-like, such as a border collie instead of a corgie, spruce trees instead of coconut trees. Graphics are beautiful and am really enjoying game!

Unregistered
07-10-10, 06:55 PM
r u guys working on the fast app switching and retina display graphics? i can really see the difference in the images on my iphone 4

Unregistered
07-12-10, 03:21 AM
Trees : banana tree sounds awesome, I second this one
Crops : I'd love to see cotton, tea, peanuts, ...

Chezzik
07-12-10, 08:49 AM
I haven't seen anyone asking for roaming animals...how can you say it's one of the most requested features?? I read these forums almost daily.

I remember someone asking for "moving" animals, and a number of people responded that they agreed.

I finally signed up for ----ville this weekend, and discovered that they have animated animals. So, that is probably what people were requesting. It's definitely different than roaming animals.

Unregistered
07-12-10, 09:01 AM
hello i must say anytime i have ever had a problem i emailed it to the support and they got right back this i a great and game n very nice people who do listen the only thing my neighbors and i would disagree is how much gems are and how long it takes to level up it seems as thou even us farmers who are on everyday it still takes a great amount of time o n i hate to sound as thou i am complaining but the farm of the week it should go by number it would be neat if we had a poll like in real life where we as neighbors could vote for best farm and then maybe that person couldnt win again for awhile just an idea thank u

GoncalvesFarm
07-13-10, 07:35 AM
How about create a Favorits Neighbors Classification, if not possible, get a way to delete them?

4 the rest - You still have the nice & best game of all!

Tanks!

We'll Keep on Farming Hard, - with six hands - from 4 to 40 years Old!

GoncalvesFarm
07-13-10, 07:36 AM
hello i must say anytime i have ever had a problem i emailed it to the support and they got right back this i a great and game n very nice people who do listen the only thing my neighbors and i would disagree is how much gems are and how long it takes to level up it seems as thou even us farmers who are on everyday it still takes a great amount of time o n i hate to sound as thou i am complaining but the farm of the week it should go by number it would be neat if we had a poll like in real life where we as neighbors could vote for best farm and then maybe that person couldnt win again for awhile just an idea thank u

Edited by Norman: Please don't post about other games of the same genre on our forums. Thank you. =)

Norman
07-13-10, 05:07 PM

We have considered the poll option. We will see what can be done about that, but we need to make sure to give people time to vote, but not that much time otherwise the contest won't end. We'll think about how we want to do it. Thanks for suggesting!

Hawk 8
07-13-10, 06:59 PM
We have considered the poll option. We will see what can be done about that, but we need to make sure to give people time to vote, but not that much time otherwise the contest won't end. We'll think about how we want to do it. Thanks for suggesting!

Norman, thanks for the visit and responding to some questions and comments.

Unregistered
07-14-10, 09:44 AM
It s a real bother not to be able to delete neighbors because more then 90% of my neighbors do not water back or they have justa abandonned their farm and therefore useless in my neighbor list
please do something about this
we rule has the option of deleting neighbors why not this fantastic game?

Unregistered
07-14-10, 09:40 PM
Thanks for stopping by Norman. Is the neighbor issue being looked into?

Unregistered
07-15-10, 08:30 AM
Thanks for stopping by Norman. Is the neighbor issue being looked into?

I'm the person who posted above. A day after posting, I see that Norman did already say that they are looking into it (a different thread).

Link:
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?562-Deleting-friends&p=3333#post3333

Kardasia
07-15-10, 10:41 AM
Maybe there can be a way to transfer coins to gem or earning gems at a level or a crop that can earn gems?

Unregistered
07-15-10, 02:37 PM
Hi Devs,

i was wondering if ya'll can make roses permanent like animals. the 1 gem per rose which becomes quite expensive with the saved up gems. would be nice to keep them with out having to spend another gem to grow one.

thanks for listening

Unregistered
07-15-10, 06:38 PM
On ths issue of neighbors is there any way to say like once a week get a list of neighors in your friends list that
have not watered in your farm in say 2 weeks-- then give us the option to delete that neighbor??
I started this game before it went social and I have over 400 friends. i did try watering all in a 3 day period and only about 50 came back to my farm. frustrating because now I can only water from my wall and I end up forgetting some good people.
thanks

Fedora
07-16-10, 03:36 PM
Since when I started playing this I game I was wondering if it would'nt be nice to have a "feed animals" option adding to the watering of plants. Just with the same effect only different symbol/text. Would be great for animal farms especially as the animals give quite a low income. And I'd like a naaak-naaak for the ducks!

Fedora
07-16-10, 03:42 PM
Just saw there's already a poll on the feeding thing! Great! - Yes, I like it. ;)

Norman
07-16-10, 05:26 PM
It s a real bother not to be able to delete neighbors because more then 90% of my neighbors do not water back or they have justa abandonned their farm and therefore useless in my neighbor list
please do something about this
we rule has the option of deleting neighbors why not this fantastic game?

We are sorry for the inconvenience and delay, but the delete a neighbor option is still in development. We hope it will be implemented soon.

Norman
07-16-10, 05:27 PM
Hi Devs,

i was wondering if ya'll can make roses permanent like animals. the 1 gem per rose which becomes quite expensive with the saved up gems. would be nice to keep them with out having to spend another gem to grow one.

thanks for listening

Flowers are permanent unless you plow them.

swati
07-17-10, 02:39 AM

I think the person was talking about permanent as in unable to be harvested. Why do roses cost more than you get for harvesting anyway? With every other crop you get more for harvesting than you spent to plant them. And if roses are to be decorations, then they should be safe from being accidentally harvested.

Fedora
07-17-10, 07:42 AM
The problem with flowers is, that they are easily collected accidentally when collecting a nearby field or tree. With flowers-for-coins this is not such a big deal but with roses-for-gems it is really annoying. Maybe you could just make roses give the gem back when collected?

Unregistered
07-17-10, 09:57 AM
1. You should be able to delete neighbors! Seriously this is a big problem.
2. Can you make it so that we can like press a button and delete all comments on our profile because I have a bunch that I wanna delete because I like to delete them after I've watered that person back but while I was on vacation a bunch of people posted and I don't have time to water them all back but I also don't want them cluttering up all of my profile and I've been deleting them one by one for forever and I still have several pages left I believe.

Fedora
07-18-10, 03:01 PM
I really love the snap function in farm story, but... could you please bring the sound button back on the screen which has been at the place of the camera before (maybe on the free space next to the mailbox symbol)? I actually like playing with sound but it's better to put it off when someone's already asleap next door. I switched to using an older version for "sound off" after the release of snap but after today's update it makes no sence anymore...

lesleypsg1
07-18-10, 04:53 PM

Thank you, thank you. I know there is some grumbles on the board, but I just wanted tom thank u for listening. Great app, great updates, and really looking forward to more :)

John Deere
07-18-10, 07:41 PM
Excellent update Norman. Thanks for all the cool new features. Gifts, Inventory, (that is so awesome, you made me and one of my neighbors very happy) and of course "Remove neighbors". Male/ female Avatar, nice! Zoom in/out is working better too. Game feels snappier.

All the best,
John Deere

Norman
07-19-10, 10:07 AM
Excellent update Norman. Thanks for all the cool new features. Gifts, Inventory, (that is so awesome, you made me and one of my neighbors very happy) and of course "Remove neighbors". Male/ female Avatar, nice! Zoom in/out is working better too. Game feels snappier.

All the best,
John Deere

No problem! Please let us know more feedback of what the team can do to make this game better. :)

Death Farmer
07-19-10, 12:35 PM
No problem! Please let us know more feedback of what the team can do to make this game better. :)

I just picked this game up on Saturday and have been enjoying it for the most part. Some suggestions I have are:

1) There needs to be a bigger variable on timers for crops. It would be nice to have some at 10 or 15 minutes in the early levels, since strawberries and raspberries keep me running ragged, and cranberries don't pay off well enough.
Also it would be nice to have more crops in the 1-2 hour range so I can time it better with my breaks at work.

2) When viewing neighbors in the list, it would be nice to either add filters or icons to show which neighbors I can water (taking into account both available spots on their map as well as my water still free for use). It would also be nice if I could click a button when viewing a neighbor's farm to show squares which I *can* water, since the little blue water drop icons get lost in a sea of 200 squares of difficult to discern shades of light blue, green and white. Additionally, an auto-water button from the neighbor list would be super and time-saving, where it would just water 10 random squares without me having to actually go to their farm. It gets tedious visiting 300 entirely similar farms a day and any way I can streamline it would be super and forestall burnout.

3) A top-down or overhead plotting view option would be extremely helpful when doing large-scale changes to my farm, similar to how it was done in the original Sim City. The 3-D 3/4ths perspective is pretty and all, but very ineffective for touch-screen phones when you have to tap hundreds or thousands of times just to plant a new crop, often hitting or missing intended squares. The top-down UI should have an actual paint brush that lets you just drag your finger in a straight line rather than continually double-clicking, and it will do that action until you change the paint brush, affecting everything in it's path valid for that brush type... whether it's planting a specific crop, plowing, harvesting, or selling items.

4) Additionally, there should be a safety mode that forces you to accept whether you want to sell or harvest an object which you had to pay gems for. It shouldn't be so easy waste a gem from that rose bush you bought.

Otherwise I love the game and look forward to living up to the farming reputation I have built in all of the Storm8 games. Only with less sanctions and ill-will involved!

Unregistered
07-20-10, 10:00 AM
I just picked this game up on Saturday and have been enjoying it for the most part. Some suggestions I have are:

1) There needs to be a bigger variable on timers for crops. It would be nice to have some at 10 or 15 minutes in the early levels, since strawberries and raspberries keep me running ragged, and cranberries don't pay off well enough.
Also it would be nice to have more crops in the 1-2 hour range so I can time it better with my breaks at work.

2) When viewing neighbors in the list, it would be nice to either add filters or icons to show which neighbors I can water (taking into account both available spots on their map as well as my water still free for use). It would also be nice if I could click a button when viewing a neighbor's farm to show squares which I *can* water, since the little blue water drop icons get lost in a sea of 200 squares of difficult to discern shades of light blue, green and white. Additionally, an auto-water button from the neighbor list would be super and time-saving, where it would just water 10 random squares without me having to actually go to their farm. It gets tedious visiting 300 entirely similar farms a day and any way I can streamline it would be super and forestall burnout.

3) A top-down or overhead plotting view option would be extremely helpful when doing large-scale changes to my farm, similar to how it was done in the original Sim City. The 3-D 3/4ths perspective is pretty and all, but very ineffective for touch-screen phones when you have to tap hundreds or thousands of times just to plant a new crop, often hitting or missing intended squares. The top-down UI should have an actual paint brush that lets you just drag your finger in a straight line rather than continually double-clicking, and it will do that action until you change the paint brush, affecting everything in it's path valid for that brush type... whether it's planting a specific crop, plowing, harvesting, or selling items.

4) Additionally, there should be a safety mode that forces you to accept whether you want to sell or harvest an object which you had to pay gems for. It shouldn't be so easy waste a gem from that rose bush you bought.

Otherwise I love the game and look forward to living up to the farming reputation I have built in all of the Storm8 games. Only with less sanctions and ill-will involved!

You just started playing Saturday and a few days later you already know how to make it better? It's dorks like you that give critical posters a bad name. Geesh.

Hawk 8
07-20-10, 10:05 AM
You just started playing Saturday and a few days later you already know how to make it better? It's dorks like you that give critical posters a bad name. Geesh.

It does not matter how long you have been playing the game, if you have an idea that you would like to see put into the game to make it more enjoyable to play then you should be able to post on this forum with out being responded to by people who have nothing better to do than post negative responses

Unregistered
07-20-10, 02:44 PM
Hallo Norman, my question is, will Farm Story provide for Android in the future and will it be possible to transfer an iPhone Account to a Android Phone (Motorola Droid X) ?

Norman
07-21-10, 12:22 PM
Hallo Norman, my question is, will Farm Story provide for Android in the future and will it be possible to transfer an iPhone Account to a Android Phone (Motorola Droid X) ?

We currently don't have information on if or when the app will be available for the Android. However, the transfer should be possible between the iPhone and the Android, but again can't say for sure.

Also, how do you all like my new avatar? It's not really new, but some glow and sparkles were added to represent my sparkling personality. :cool:

Hawk 8
07-21-10, 03:00 PM
We currently don't have information on if or when the app will be available for the Android. However, the transfer should be possible between the iPhone and the Android, but again can't say for sure.

Also, how do you all like my new avatar? It's not really new, but some glow and sparkles were added to represent my sparkling personality. :cool:

I enjoy your sparkling personality, lol

Norman
07-21-10, 06:15 PM
I enjoy your sparkling personality, lol

Thank you!

Unregistered
07-22-10, 10:35 PM
Hello. Is there a way to shorten the harvesting, plowing, and planting times? Perhaps a way to turnoff the graphics showing how many coins or XPs were earned per action? It takes almost 20 minutes to harvest, plow, and plant my farm (20 X 20).

Hitru
07-22-10, 10:40 PM
Can you add, deleting neighbors because I have alot of unactive neighbors and I really think you should add it, thank you.

Fedora
07-23-10, 04:44 AM
Can you add, deleting neighbors because I have alot of unactive neighbors and I really think you should add it, thank you.

Deleting neighbour's feature does already exist! You just have to download the updated version of the original farm story app.

Unregistered
07-23-10, 06:04 AM
Lots of obnoxious players. We need a way to block them from leaving comments.

I have only been playing, this game for 3 weeks now ( level 17/ star4) and one of the reasons I have continued with it is because of it's "family" atmosphere. But I agree. There has been some inappropriate language. Blocking would be a good feature.

Unregistered
07-23-10, 07:45 AM
It would be good if the deleting neighbours option could be enhanced
to also delete those people in the community who ask you to add their
ID and then never pick up the option so it sits on your Social Page
"invite friends" forever and ever and ever. Perhaps this option could
be added in next update.

Unregistered
07-23-10, 10:20 AM
Love the game! But geez I really could use a barn cat. All farms have barn cats don't they? =)

Hazurdous
07-23-10, 01:38 PM
I love this game and I'm addicted. However, I do have a few suggestions for improvement.

1) Instead of coming out with a new version, just add an update. Since this is the original and latest version, the others should be removed from the app store to avoid further confusion.

2) More things to plant, such as: blueberries, artichoke, eggplant, bamboo, cucumber, alfalfa, cotton, dragon fruit, garlic, basil, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, marigolds, star fruit trees, maple trees, peach trees, and young sequoia trees!

3) New items need to have more varying growth times, preferably in the 1-10 hour(s) range.

4) The ability to delete pending neighbor requests or a timeout on the requests. I have requests that have been pending for 3 weeks or more. It would be nice if the requests canceled after 48 hours with no response.

5) Two little icons next to each name in your neighbor list. One icon will be for the neighbors you have watered that day and the other will be for the neighbors who have watered you. The icons could change from green to red or grey to colored to let you know. Once you are able to water that neighbor again, based on their location and time, the icons will reset themselves.

6) Combine the wall and news feed, so you don't have to check both. Not everyone leaves a message when they water and the news feed only shows the last ten people. I like to water everyone back and don't want to miss someone because they were off the news feed. People who water your farm can leave messages and for the ones that don't, the automated message would show up. When gifts are sent or received, it should also show up here to help you keep track. And of course everything would have the little 'x' box to delete!

Improvements 4, 5, and 6 you could add and make that the 'deluxe' version of Farm Story that you would have to pay for. I would pay like $2.99 for something like that, but others might not and could play the free version without the 'extras'. You guys are working very hard (and doing an excellent job!) on a game that is free. I look forward to future updates of Farm Story and will definitely keep on farmin', but I have to go because my Black currant is ready to be harvested :-)

MiniLaura
07-23-10, 03:09 PM
Love the game! But geez I really could use a barn cat. All farms have barn cats don't they? =)

Yes, we all need cats. Rats have been invading my crops.

kimmie
07-23-10, 09:45 PM
how are you i would like to say i love your avatar also i would like to know if we can have a pond and a bridge also some tiki torches for our summer house it would be nice if maybe we had an elction day for farm of the week where all neighbors that want to be a part of voting have one day of the week to vote on neighbor farms and then you guys could tally up the votes and maybe give a first second n third [place prize so lets say wednesday is poll day thursday u count the votes n friday annouce the winner but give like a time limit say from 10 am till 3pm on wednesday i think that would be a nice way to do it alot of us are ahving a hard time uploading our pics to here so we could suggest a famers id in say one of these forums or something like that well its just a thought sorry i took up so much space happy farming norman and thatnk you so much for making this game so enjoyable i love it and all my neighbors ive met so many great people xoxoxoxo kimmie

Unregistered
07-25-10, 07:10 AM
Hello teamlava,

I love farmstory and there is only one important thing you could improve. I think watering your neighbors should be easyer. Hazurdous had good ideas in point 4 and 5. And another point let me grumbling every Day: that I have to scroll down for each neighbor to Water. I have 150 neighbors and I'm 2x 45 mins scrolling a Day, that makes me crazy. What about a button on the side of a neighbors farm to switch to the next or the forward neighbor. That would be very relaxing.

Thanks for listening
Runa

Unregistered
07-25-10, 03:15 PM
please, make the expand faster, i'm in 38 level and can't wait to 50 to expand,already have lots of coins but need space to buy and put things...please... and new thing to buy would be great too.kika

Unregistered
07-26-10, 07:50 AM
I am very glad to know that you are listening to the players on here. I read in this thread somewhere earlier about half squares and I really have to agree with that person. When I put up a fence or even cobble stone I am always left with half a square that I would really like to plant flowers next to. At least if we could plant half we would still be able to make a little profit off of wasted space.
One more thing I have to thank you at team lava for coming up with such a great game I really love it and also like the fact that you all want feed back to make it a better game.

Unregistered
07-26-10, 07:54 PM
On ths issue of neighbors is there any way to say like once a week get a list of neighors in your friends list that
have not watered in your farm in say 2 weeks-- then give us the option to delete that neighbor??
I started this game before it went social and I have over 400 friends. i did try watering all in a 3 day period and only about 50 came back to my farm. frustrating because now I can only water from my wall and I end up forgetting some good people.
thanks

I am having the same issue and I solved it by only watering farms where the owner has maintained a 4 star rating. I also water back everyone that waters my farm. It would be nice if you could tell who is watering your farm and how often.

Unregistere
07-26-10, 08:44 PM

All the best,
John Deere

I love the new features! They keep farming more enjoyable. Thxs!

Unregistered
07-27-10, 04:59 AM
Is it possible we get a harvest all button, a plow all button and a plant all button? Maby limit it to using each 3 times a day but it's just annoying to tap over 1200 times to harvest and replant a farm of 20X20.

Unregistered
07-28-10, 12:54 PM

Hello Dev,

Thanks for getting back to me. basically when we harvest the rose they dissapper and they just leave a empty spot that needs to be plowed before planting. is the rose different then the regular flowers? i have accidently harvested a few roses? they dont stay like the trees and animals do. please let me know where i can find more information on the roses and flowers?

Thanks,

Unregistered
07-28-10, 01:09 PM
That's really good that you are listening. I would really like for in the next update for you to add tractors. I personally like farm story way Better than farmville. Farm story has come a long way and isn't done yet. Please add tractors. They would be really cool

Ellie
07-29-10, 12:54 AM
I suggest there needs to be some sort of announcement on farmer's wall telling them about fs 1.5. As gifting increases more and more people are asking how they receive gifts both in the forum and the game.

Unregistered
07-29-10, 10:13 AM
It would be nice if there is more download games / apps to earn gems =)

GrumpyGranny1957
07-30-10, 08:14 PM
Now I have your ear *grin* PLEASE do NOT animate the animals! I enjoy the imaginative & creative options of moving them around the farm, and setting them in different ways. The rotate option is quite fun! PLEASE do NOT add battles, challenges, quests; wild animals to destroy livestock; bugs/rodents/etc to destroy crops; or anything to take away from the gentle, social aspect of FS.

The serious/hard-core gamers have many, many games to play.
The casual gamers have very few. Especially with a social aspect.

Thank you for developing a game of "community & co-operation". I plan on supporting you, and have bought an iTunes gift card for the occasion.

Oh, I'm retired... at 53... no pension and too young for Social Security... LOL. And, here I am, supporting more Indy Devs!

p.s. Any "younguns" reading this... help 'em out! We need more Indy Devs. Come on!

Unregistered
07-30-10, 08:40 PM
I would love to have 1/2 squares for things like narrow flower beds. Also, water squares (with no borders) to create pools & duck ponds, a chicken coop, milking station. Maybe things a little more to scale, like the giant chairs. I would also like new things to be farm-like, such as a border collie instead of a corgie, spruce trees instead of coconut trees. Graphics are beautiful and am really enjoying game!

yes! 1/2 squares for narrow flower beds! Great ideas!

Hawk 8
07-31-10, 04:35 PM
Norman, it is time for some new levels and expansions!

Unregistered
08-02-10, 12:14 AM
I think it would be nice on my neighbors LIST to have a water droplet with the number of "waterings" that I can still water on their farm. Many times I will go through my list of 45 neighbors and be not able to water that morning or only able to water 3 of their crops. It would be nice to have this feature on the list screen so that in the afternoon or evening I can go back to see if they've replanted, so I can water them. This would be nice WITHOUT having to remember (which I'm horrible at) or to individually check each of the 45 neighbors farms again.

It would be nice to be able to "feed" the animals, so that when you "collect" them you could earn an exp point instead of just coins. Maybe when the animals are fed, they could be a different shade or have a different facial expression. I don't think a food "droplet" would look so pretty :)

storm ID: auburnheaven

Unregistered
08-02-10, 12:15 AM
Yes, I agree! I love the game as is.

Now I have your ear *grin* PLEASE do NOT animate the animals! I enjoy the imaginative & creative options of moving them around the farm, and setting them in different ways. The rotate option is quite fun! PLEASE do NOT add battles, challenges, quests; wild animals to destroy livestock; bugs/rodents/etc to destroy crops; or anything to take away from the gentle, social aspect of FS.

The serious/hard-core gamers have many, many games to play.
The casual gamers have very few. Especially with a social aspect.

Thank you for developing a game of "community & co-operation". I plan on supporting you, and have bought an iTunes gift card for the occasion.

Oh, I'm retired... at 53... no pension and too young for Social Security... LOL. And, here I am, supporting more Indy Devs!

p.s. Any "younguns" reading this... help 'em out! We need more Indy Devs. Come on!

Unregistered
08-02-10, 12:20 AM
I agree, If I am paying a gem per rose bush, then it should be a permanent decoration, like a bench, etc. OR Fedora's idea, where it gives back the gem when harvested accidentally or not.

The problem with flowers is, that they are easily collected accidentally when collecting a nearby field or tree. With flowers-for-coins this is not such a big deal but with roses-for-gems it is really annoying. Maybe you could just make roses give the gem back when collected?

Unregistered
08-05-10, 10:27 PM
Is it possible we get a harvest all button, a plow all button and a plant all button? Maby limit it to using each 3 times a day but it's just annoying to tap over 1200 times to harvest and replant a farm of 20X20.
I guess they are not listening. I basically asked the same thing. No response occurred at all.

Norman
08-06-10, 05:17 PM
We are listening to your suggestions. :cool:

Our team understands that there is a lot more that can be put into the game to make it even more enjoyable and we want you all to know that we are working on it. The changes may come slowly so please be patient.

Unregistered
08-10-10, 12:26 AM
Hello,

If you're listening : Small feedback about my gamer feelings on your policy.
Coing to farm story as a free app, then discovering that in order to make classy farms (because that what it's all about, right ?) you need real money is a little frustrating. Just make it explicit. You want us to buy gems with real money, and we can even make the whole game progression just by paying (gems to coin) => so say so explicitely at first.
After i invest some time in the game, finding by myself (nowhere i found it written) that i have to pay to go further is frustrating. Well, it doesn't turn me to a happy and paying client after all, but it also makes me a negative feeling regarding teamlava game, which i tell my friends ("don't go there, you'll find it frustrating, you can't go far if you are not ready to pay, go to We Farm").

Ellie
08-10-10, 01:21 AM
Hello,

If you're listening : Small feedback about my gamer feelings on your policy.
Coing to farm story as a free app, then discovering that in order to make classy farms (because that what it's all about, right ?) you need real money is a little frustrating. Just make it explicit. You want us to buy gems with real money, and we can even make the whole game progression just by paying (gems to coin) => so say so explicitely at first.
After i invest some time in the game, finding by myself (nowhere i found it written) that i have to pay to go further is frustrating. Well, it doesn't turn me to a happy and paying client after all, but it also makes me a negative feeling regarding teamlava game, which i tell my friends ("don't go there, you'll find it frustrating, you can't go far if you are not ready to pay, go to We Farm").

Sorry but you are totally wrong in all your arguments against FS. You do not need to purchase gems to make your farm pretty or to progress.

I am currently level 65 or 66 and have never bought any gems but have been given free gems for downloading other games. In order to proceed in the game the only thing you have to invest is time and patience.

I currently have all my trees, animal and decorations in my inventory to maximise my productive growing space so I don't have a pretty farm at present. It's all about how you want to play the game If you want to progress quickly then plant a round of strawberries after you harvest and before you replant your main crops thus doubling your xp if you plant short term crops.

Be creative with the non gem items and you can still have a pretty farm.

Unregistered
08-10-10, 09:16 PM
What if one of the first changes is expanding before 50 .... please !!!!we' re been waiting for almost a month for an update that allow us to grow, please !!!!!

Unregistered
08-12-10, 01:05 AM
Apologies if someone has already suggested what im about to propose

I think that for the price the game is decent. So far the only reason to keep playing the game is to expand my land and try to create a good looking farm with a bunch of animals and so on. The game lacks replayability because there is no competitive edge and the interaction with other players is very limited.

farmers should be able to not only water and reap crops for others but they should also be able to ?steal? crops and the money, exp points it yields. The drawback for the thief would be that the farmer they are stealing from can see the name of thief the same as they can see who watered them. Also, farmers should be able to plant ?dummy? crops that are actually booby traps that punish the thief by taking a significant amount of money away. Farmers should be able to buy only a limited amount of these ?dummy/booby traps? at one time.

Also, it would be nice to be able to drag and scale the squares. I understand the game is about tapping and patience and all that but farmers should be able to drag and scale at least 5-10 squares at a time. The tapping is just too much once you get a decent sized farm and youre trying to gain exp point to expand even more. The tedious nature of the game can be too much at times. Thats why you see a lot of ?dead? farms stuck at levels 20-35.

and maybe there should be a leaderboard score for level, money or whatever.

My id is : andrew jackson add and water me. Thanks for reading.

Tomas-San
08-12-10, 06:47 AM
Im still awaiting the idea of a tractor to be implmented for those with biiiiig farms...

its a silly thought but it would be nice if I could somehow "LINK" my farm with a good friend or two to make a mega farm. A neighbor could only link with only one other farm at a time and need to do it thru the stormID invite option...(if it was more than 1 you could literally gt a HUGE chain that would take forever to load and I think crash your servers..haha)

Lolo
08-13-10, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;2949]Lots of obnoxious players. We need a way to block them from leaving comments.[/QUOT I think it would be good to block people

Unregistered
08-13-10, 04:17 PM
I think that if we could leave a permanent announcement that we could change or delete at will. I would like to put "Welcome to my Farm!" or "Add me Auburnheaven" or "Thanks for stopping by". etc, etc. Not an essential feature, but would be very nice to have.

John Deere
08-13-10, 11:24 PM

farmers should be able to not only water and reap crops for others but they should also be able to ?steal? crops and the money, exp points it yields. The drawback for the thief would be that the farmer they are stealing from can see the name of thief the same as they can see who watered them. Also, farmers should be able to plant ?dummy? crops that are actually booby traps that punish the thief by taking a significant amount of money away. Farmers should be able to buy only a limited amount of these ?dummy/booby traps? at one time.

Also, it would be nice to be able to drag and scale the squares. I understand the game is about tapping and patience and all that but farmers should be able to drag and scale at least 5-10 squares at a time. The tapping is just too much once you get a decent sized farm and youre trying to gain exp point to expand even more. The tedious nature of the game can be too much at times. Thats why you see a lot of ?dead? farms stuck at levels 20-35.

Andrew Jackson,

I believe you're playing the wrong game.

Just my two cents.

Happy Farming :)

-JD

Unregistered
08-14-10, 12:30 AM
The harvest, plow, and plant times for a 21 X 21 farm takes almost 30 minutes to complete! I can tap out all the squares to perform a harvest function in around 1 minute, but it takes almost 10 minutes to clear all the squares for the plow function. The graphics of a coin and/or XP points rising in the air for every square cleared is unnecessary and slows the game down dramatically. I hope that a change is made to the game to either make the coin/XP graphics optional or eliminate it all together. The game is no longer fun; I cannot devote 30 minutes to a game 3 or 4 times a day.

If I had a vote, I would vote against making this game into an attack / steal type game. There are plenty of those types available; this game is unique in it's friendly nature.

Also, I would vote against earlier expansion; keep the expansion into larger farms as it is now. Making people gain experience to grow larger is a valuable.

Ellie
08-14-10, 01:19 AM
The harvest, plow, and plant times for a 21 X 21 farm takes almost 30 minutes to complete! I can tap out all the squares to perform a harvest function in around 1 minute, but it takes almost 10 minutes to clear all the squares for the plow function. The graphics of a coin and/or XP points rising in the air for every square cleared is unnecessary and slows the game down dramatically. I hope that a change is made to the game to either make the coin/XP graphics optional or eliminate it all together. The game is no longer fun; I cannot devote 30 minutes to a game 3 or 4 times a day.

If I had a vote, I would vote against making this game into an attack / steal type game. There are plenty of those types available; this game is unique in it's friendly nature.

Also, I would vote against earlier expansion; keep the expansion into larger farms as it is now. Making people gain experience to grow larger is a valuable.

After you have harvested, either visit another farm or put your device in sleep mode, when you come back the whole of your farm will be harvested. Do the same after ploughing and planting. Certainly speeds things up.

HTH
Ellie

Hazurdous
08-14-10, 11:06 AM
I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that Team Lava has been working on a new game (City Story), instead of an update to Farm Story. As apps go, this usually indicates that the developers have shifted their interest and that the old app will fall by the wayside. I am not saying this will happen with Team Lava, but this is usually the pattern. I have downloaded City Story and played it a bit, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I love Farm Story and I know it is the best farm game in the app store! I truly hope that this is not the beginning of the end. Please keep Farm Story going! I am going to keep playing City Story because I think Team Lava is great and hopefully this new game will grow on me. Thanks for listening!

Kaessa
08-14-10, 11:24 AM

I think that for the price the game is decent. So far the only reason to keep playing the game is to expand my land and try to create a good looking farm with a bunch of animals and so on. The game lacks replayability because there is no competitive edge and the interaction with other players is very limited.

Please, please, please... do NOT do this. I like the relaxation of farming and decorating. As soon as someone has the ability to come and take my stuff, I will no longer play. There are plenty of other competitive games out there, go play one of those.

Ellie
08-14-10, 12:15 PM
I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that Team Lava has been working on a new game (City Story), instead of an update to Farm Story. As apps go, this usually indicates that the developers have shifted their interest and that the old app will fall by the wayside. I am not saying this will happen with Team Lava, but this is usually the pattern. I have downloaded City Story and played it a bit, but it doesn't really appeal to me. I love Farm Story and I know it is the best farm game in the app store! I truly hope that this is not the beginning of the end. Please keep Farm Story going! I am going to keep playing City Story because I think Team Lava is great and hopefully this new game will grow on me. Thanks for listening!

I agree, i've been playing City Story today and it's not grabbing me like FS does. Maybe it's the child in me but I like planting and watching my plants grow. Maybe if the houses took longer to build or you saw the things being built in the factory. To be honest it looks like a ghost town, as there are no people, cars or animals.

Please please don't give up on Farm Story. It's the best.

Unregistered
08-14-10, 02:15 PM
As a frequent visitor to the midwest I can tell you that these farms are missing the required farm truck and all the tractors that go with farming! How about a new decoration??

Unregistered
08-14-10, 07:22 PM

and maybe there should be a leaderboard score for level, money or whatever.

All I can say is if they did this, for most of us the game would TOTALLY suck! I respect u like comp games, but there's a lot of them out there and not many to just relax with. I can't stand the comp ones and only dowload for the gems or pts for other games, then delete. Hope team lava doesn't give any of those suggestions or i for one won't bother with it and want my money back I bought gems with, or have the ability to block comp players and thieves. Can't stand those types in real life, don't want them sneaking in during my leisure time!

Gunregisturd
08-18-10, 05:45 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with the poster above re: City Story. People have been making suggestions for months here. Some are preposterous, like dummy crops and stealing. Some are quite meaningful, like different aspects to crops like, for instance, one that has a fantastic income but withers much faster than others; crop mastery; having buildings and items add enhancements to certain gameplay facets or harvests -- instead of just one-time XP -- etc.

Team Lava can't even keep up its oft-repeated promise of new items added weekly, and yet instead of adding new dynamics to Farm Story, they trot out some clone (just like Storm8 liked to do ...). What irks me more is that it seems City Story has some of the features suggested -- for one, I see that the factory products have some sort of mastery bar above them.

I will never, ever play City Story -- out of spite if nothing else.

And I'm disappointed Team Lava even released it while Farm Story stagnates.

Unregistered
08-19-10, 11:58 PM
...they trot out some clone (just like Storm8 liked to do ...).

They are Storm8. It's just a few of the temps living in a shed in the S8 grounds, living on scraps of code and pizza crusts. They got the idea for the game when Norman tried to grow some desperately needed vegetables in the parking lot and was disturbed that it took more than a few minutes to mature. ;)

I kid TeamLava, shine on you crazy diamonds.

Unregistered
08-20-10, 03:14 PM
I would love to see seasonal items such as:

Christmas: Christmas trees, poinsettias to grow, etc.
Spring: Rabbits, Seasonal flowers to grow, easter baskets
Thanksgiving: Turkeys, Fall Foliage (trees that change color)

I think it would be fun to be able to have these items only come out for a limited time, but also able to store them in inventory for future use.

Storm ID: auburnheaven

Unregistered
08-20-10, 03:25 PM
I understand why at the lower levels there are SO many new items that you get a each level, but as we progress in the game, there are few and far between new items to plant. Right now I am at lvl 31 and I must wait until lvl 35 until I can get Coffee and Dahlias. Then I must wait until lvl 40 and 45 for the next 2 crops. There is a huge difference from getting from lvl 10 to 11 and then from lvl 30 to 31. You need MUCH more experience for each of the higher lvls you reach. It is frustrating and disappointed to get to lvl 31 and just get a "congratulations keep up the hard work" screen instead of the exciting "now you can plant rice!" screen. My suggestion is to spread out the crops/items a bit more or add new ones for the higher levels. I don't think it would be hard to even put coffee at lvl 32 and Dahlia at lvl 35.

Just my 2 cents.

Storm ID: auburnheaven

Unregistered
08-20-10, 04:05 PM
For Christmas and Birthday (you would need a field to enter in your birthday month and day), it would be nice if people could gift you "surprise" gifts. Meaning, that in the gift field there would be just wrapped presents instead of a cow, tree, chicken, etc. When the recipient "opens" the present, both the recipient and the giver finds out what is/was inside the present. It would be nice if the presents were different that the normal gifting items, or maybe even a gem or two. It would only happen twice a year, but it would be something to look forward to.

Storm ID: Auburnheaven

Unregistered
08-22-10, 08:12 AM
It would be very nice to have auto caps when posting, for the first word and after periods, exclamations, etc.

Unregistered
08-22-10, 08:13 AM
I just found out where some of my neighbors are from and would LOVE it if I could put a note below their name of where they are from, or what gifts they like to received, etc.

Unregistered
08-22-10, 08:35 AM
It would be good if the deleting neighbours option could be enhanced
to also delete those people in the community who ask you to add their
ID and then never pick up the option so it sits on your Social Page
"invite friends" forever and ever and ever. Perhaps this option could
be added in next update.

I currently have two "invited friends" who have been sitting there for weeks and are currently at lvl 0. It would be great if I could delete them or "un-invite" them.

Unregistered
08-31-10, 10:53 AM
I usually gift my neighbors in the morning, but if the unforeseen happens, then I must gift later in the day. This ruins my Farm Story "schedule" for the following mornings, unless I skip a day of gifting. It would be great if gifting (like watering) resets at midnight.

Unregistered
08-31-10, 10:56 AM
Since Gems are now "earn-able", a wish list feature would be nice. For example, there is only one more thing that I would like to buy via gems, so my other earned gems would not be used. If my neighbors could make a wish list of "Gem Only" things they would like to have, then I could gift it to that person, or many just donate a gem or two.

Unregistered
09-01-10, 10:29 PM

After you have harvested, either visit another farm or put your device in sleep mode, when you come back the whole of your farm will be harvested. Do the same after ploughing and planting. Certainly speeds things up.

HTH
Ellie

Thanks for the information. However, if my phone goes into sleep mode, then all I have tapped in disappears. If I visit another farm, the total wait time is diminished, but it still takes way too long and has become INTOLERABLE. I can't tie up my phone for 30 minutes for one harvest, plow, plant cycle. Hopefully, something will be done soon and restore the "fun" part back.

Unregistered
09-04-10, 12:40 AM
Mastery crops question
Firstly thanks for the new update, as a level 75 farmer its definately kept my interest in the game, would love the next update to including higher lvls, maybe 150, More expansions,animals etc. Now to the topic of the new mastery challenge
How many leaves do u need per rank? Do all crops ie flowers inc, require the same amount of leaves per lvl? How can we complete the rose mastery without using real money or our mastery earnt gems, any chances of the rose being purchasable with coins?
Thankyou
Regard Lisa ebonymarshall
P.s what's with the little Paris Hilton dogs? They're cute an all but on a farm, we need working dogs

Unregistered
09-04-10, 11:31 PM
It would be great if we could rotate certain items more than 2 ways, such as the outdoor chairs. Also, if we could already buy the fences rotated. It's hard to rotate them on a crowed farm without repeatedly getting the message "this item can't be rotated here..."

Unregistered
09-05-10, 01:46 PM
How do you get neighbors? Do they have to be people you know? It takes too long to expand otherwise.

Unregistered
09-06-10, 10:37 PM
Make sure you have a Storm ID, visit farms and write on their wall "add me please, Storm ID _______" You'll get neighbors really quick.

How do you get neighbors? Do they have to be people you know? It takes too long to expand otherwise.

Unregistered
09-06-10, 10:43 PM
Sorry, I know I've added a lot of suggestions, but here's a couple more.

Flowers: It would be nice if the flowers were in a separate category, just like the trees. I love the flowers, but I see most farms planted with crops, not flowers. It's just a slight pain to have to scroll through all the flowers, when I just want to see fruits and vegetables.

Sorting Options: It would be nice to be able to sort crops by "growing time" instead of just "flowers",
"vegetables" and "fruits"

Setting a "Home" Spot: I noticed that every farm I visit (and when I come "home") takes me to the upper left corner. It would be nice if we could set the spot that we want visitors & neighbors to see first.

Unregistered
09-07-10, 09:17 PM
It would be a nice feature to have a text count when posting on the wall. This would be great to have for those long messages :)

Storm ID: auburnheaven (again)

Unregistered
09-10-10, 05:51 PM
Sorry, I know I've added a lot of suggestions, but here's a couple more.

Flowers: It would be nice if the flowers were in a separate category, just like the trees. I love the flowers, but I see most farms planted with crops, not flowers. It's just a slight pain to have to scroll through all the flowers, when I just want to see fruits and vegetables.

Sorting Options: It would be nice to be able to sort crops by "growing time" instead of just "flowers",
"vegetables" and "fruits"

Setting a "Home" Spot: I noticed that every farm I visit (and when I come "home") takes me to the upper left corner. It would be nice if we could set the spot that we want visitors & neighbors to see first.

I posted your first two ideas in a unread post awhile back (names flowers I think). I am glad to see that someone else thinks this is a good idea! My post didn't get any replies so I was glad to see this here!

Unregistered
09-11-10, 09:30 PM
There have been several times that I and others that I know have unintentionally sold an item that they were just trying to move or trying to sell something close to the unintended item. It would be nice if there was an undo button. One of my neighbors accidentally sold her house that she worked hard to get, when she was trying to sell a plot of land that was behind the house. Please give us an undo button.

Unregistered
09-12-10, 02:29 PM
When sending gifts it would be nice to have a 'select all' or send to all feature instead of the current clicking on each and every neighbour before clicking on send. I have over 500 neighbours and it is quite tedious.

CountryGirl
09-21-10, 06:37 AM
I love FS but it sure would be great if the animals moved, not even roam, just not look so much like statues. Also, why doesn't the horse neigh, the Yorkshire pigs oink, the white cickens cluck when collected? The only other things I can think to improve is: lowering the cost of the gem only purchases and/or making them available for coins; offering other items to add like a farm tractor, pickup truck, fruit/veggie stand, etc.

Just suggestions, I do really love this game

Unregistered
09-21-10, 09:38 AM
Please remove the Wind Farm from the Magic Box. I can buy one for 15 City Bucks vs the 24 for the Magic Box. Make the Magic Box special!

Thx

Billy Bob
09-21-10, 12:16 PM
I think the game is great, I've been actively playing now for a bit, and have amassed a lot of neighbors.

It would be great if there was a water drop next to the neighbors who needed water!
A "Broadcast" type feature would also work to send a message to all your neighbors when you've replanted
For the love of all that is organic, could we please have a plow all/ harvest all/ plant all button?? As they said, even if it comes with a coin cost or a limit of one to three times a day.
Also, why no crops with the magic 1-2 hour time frame??
Expansion COULD be cheaper, but it's very doable the way you've set it up, I run a mostly production farm (not very pretty), so I am just trying to raise the coins, and it's doable.
For the love of all that is natural, please allow me to get a pond and/or a creek!!! I farm now, and the pond is vital! They call it a farm pond for a reason!
Trucks and Tractors that are very pricey but come with special ability (ie trucks that allow you to harvest 5% more and tractors that allow you quicker plowing or 10% more exp. when plowing) How sweet would it be to park your old farm truck at the house and your tractor at the barn!
I also agree about the foo-foo dogs being unreal, border collie or something of the sort;
The game is great, but please don't think city story is the better investment, farm story appeals to a very broad range of people and the game is so unique!

Telynau
09-21-10, 06:35 PM
They are in concurrence, to a Gnome:

FS is a sad, sad, even sadder Farm for the want of their favourite animals.
A. Cats
B. Geese
C. Goats

They understand the necessity of droving dogs, the Welsh Corgies (God Save the Queen!) to keep the cattle and the sheep under control.

They understand the necessity of Dashunds to keep the badgers, mink and other burrowing vermin under control. That's why there are no vermin in FS. (Bless those little Doxi hearts!)

They even understand the necessity of a White Horse and an Arabian. (Well, perhaps.)

The Gnomes are planning on holding their collective breath and turning blue. Blue!!!!!!! (Perish the thought.) And staging a sit-in on the steps of TL's CS Corporate Estate.

An anonymous source intimated the Gnomes would entertain growing extra crops (gems) to provide TL incentive. Although they would prefer to use the coins they generate from good farming practices.

Unregistered
09-21-10, 09:20 PM
This forum is too big for me to search, sorry for being so lazy. XD

How about bridges? Not big Brooklyn bridge, but smaller ones that can go over other roads or even rivers?

God garden
01-21-11, 11:20 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP THERE IS A BULLY ON TREASURE STORY his ID is pen island69 he has been bullying me for a while now. I have asked him to stop writing on my wall but he refuses. PLEASE HELP ME BLOCK HIM. TY!

Unregistered
01-23-11, 01:00 AM
Well I ve sent email post n no replies therevhas to be a way we can transfere stuff from one farm to another plz help us norm bought a new iPad n sent emails to transfere no answer I friend n couldn't do it now I have two n have spent a lot on both plz help n there should be a way if we want gift or sell stuff on our farm to other players look into n figure it out for us buddy thnx

kinzlee
07-08-11, 08:31 PM
I love these games, but a have some things I would love to have. I will name them by the games they are in.

Restaurant Story: Onion Rings, lemonade on drink machine, Tacos, Pita Chips with hummus, Nachos, Chinese food, Mexican food, Top Ramen, Enchiladas, Burritos, Grilled Veggies, and Ribs

Farm Story: Cilantro, Border Collie, Goats, Donkey, Walla Walla Sweets Onions, Cucumber, Barn cats, Rabbits, Pony, and llama

Bakery Story: Donut Holes, frapaccino,

mattdiner
07-08-11, 09:24 PM
Create new threads for new ideas, please.