PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Stopwatch Timer Clock

Pages : [1] 2

kel413
04-23-13, 04:54 PM
There is an update available in the App Store. Has anyone downloaded it yet? If so, have you noticed any new features?

Added pic

http://i.imgur.com/cqhGFXK.jpg?1

sweetstuff525
04-23-13, 04:59 PM
Uh uh I don't want to update what if the breed go double and double gold and currently I have no changes

kwhales
04-23-13, 05:00 PM
Uh uh I don't want to update what if the breed go double and double gold and currently I have no changes

I will update my third account. I will let you know. But the app says 'New dragons, exciting new features will be out soon, and a ton more fun.'

It doesn't say anything will change right now. Hmm, so why update now?

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 05:01 PM
Installing on my iphone .... Says new dragons, exciting new features will be out soon, and a ton more fun.

Po25
04-23-13, 05:03 PM
I updated, only change I noticed is it tells you what rarity the dragon is when choosing it for evolution temple / trading post (probably breeding but I have dragons currently there)

GoldenTiger99
04-23-13, 05:06 PM
iPhone 5 full screen support! That was fast I just suggested it a few hour ago. TL works fast!

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 05:06 PM
can't see anything different yet.... Probably just getting ready for releasing new content. Quests. Please, please, please!!!

sweetstuff525
04-23-13, 05:08 PM
Those who updated what happen to your breeding hrs? Gold cost? Did it stay the same or changed?

kel413
04-23-13, 05:10 PM
I was hoping for the iPhone 5 adjustment. CS had one this morning, but the description of the update included that info. Hopefully it doesn't raise any more gold amounts!

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 05:11 PM
I updated, only change I noticed is it tells you what rarity the dragon is when choosing it for evolution temple / trading post (probably breeding but I have dragons currently there)

Yes for breeding and the stables

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 05:12 PM
Those who updated what happen to your breeding hrs? Gold cost? Did it stay the same or changed?

Hours and costs have not changed for me, still 1:1

sweetstuff525
04-23-13, 05:12 PM

Thanks

kwhales
04-23-13, 05:29 PM

Yeah, mine stayed the same too. But I was already breeding. Once its done, I will see if it changes.

mikeclit
04-23-13, 05:34 PM
They changed the font and the progress bars on your egg/farm etc, seem larger. Don't know about my breeding/hatch time yet

turff55
04-23-13, 05:44 PM
mine stay the same 1 hours breeding = 2 golds speeding

EaglesQuest
04-23-13, 05:53 PM
I just did the update and the option to change name of dragon is gone. Why? Did it get moved to a different screen?

lmac10
04-23-13, 05:53 PM
Did anyone not have the quests on the beta test and after updating receive them?

EaglesQuest
04-23-13, 05:57 PM
Found it!!!!

MazReptile
04-23-13, 06:37 PM
I've just updated but not looked yet

MazReptile
04-23-13, 06:48 PM
It's a terrible update :/ only thing new is better writing and added feature of the rarity in breeding etc.
No dragon quests for me which I want rather than new dragons

Spiceshirl
04-23-13, 06:53 PM
The boost are now under the buildings so I believe they will be releasing boost for pink and night elements to get people to grow dragons!!! Oh dear!!!

GDude118
04-23-13, 06:53 PM
Just updated. Only thing added right now is saying your dragons rarity in the trading, evaluation temple, and breeding den. My breeds are still normal gold to speed up and half time breeds.(please don't change that teamlava. It's being really helpful :). I bet they added the combat arena in this update and are just waiting to flip the on switch for everyone, and maybe new things like it also. I guess we have to wait and see

sollia
04-23-13, 06:57 PM
The boost are now under the buildings so I believe they will be releasing boost for pink and night elements to get people to grow dragons!!! Oh dear!!!

I'm sorry, but what?

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 07:01 PM
It's a terrible update :/ only thing new is better writing and added feature of the rarity in breeding etc.
No dragon quests for me which I want rather than new dragons

The update says new content coming soon.....patience!!

knj00
04-23-13, 07:04 PM
I just did the update and the option to change name of dragon is gone. Why? Did it get moved to a different screen?

It's just on the top now, above the progress bar by the name.

scottyhaha
04-23-13, 07:06 PM
Gem trap is so much easier with this new update!!! Don't do not hit that clock!!!!!

kms899
04-23-13, 07:12 PM
i'm staying away, TL likes to increase the amount of food for feeding the dragons with every update.

sollia
04-23-13, 07:17 PM
i'm staying away, TL likes to increase the amount of food for feeding the dragons with every update.

I think it's the new dragons that change costs, not the updates. Food costs go up with every new dragon but the old ones have the same costs (at least in my experience).

Mylly2
04-23-13, 07:20 PM
Gem trap is so much easier with this new update!!! Don't do not hit that clock!!!!!

This GEM TRAP is going to catch out quite a few. When you tap on your breeding, hatching etc., the time remaining is shown above the bar, no longer the clock. The clock has a gem amount on it, if you hit that clock like you used to, gems will be taken.

aceblade
04-23-13, 07:23 PM
I've been running the Valentine's Day edition. Should I switch to this?

vian0905
04-23-13, 07:33 PM
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o264/winghan1993/image.jpg

$10 coins for one nest lol!!

Baraze
04-23-13, 07:40 PM
This GEM TRAP is going to catch out quite a few. When you tap on your breeding, hatching etc., the time remaining is shown above the bar, no longer the clock. The clock has a gem amount on it, if you hit that clock like you used to, gems will be taken.

On my gosh, I just saw the clock! It's sooooo dang sneaky. Makes me angry really. Someone not paying attention to this rapid change will definitely hit it and lose thir gold. Someone with a small phone maybe. Or so see to how the way things were. It's sleazy.

DragonTan1
04-23-13, 07:42 PM

How did you get that menu?! I want that nest, did you buy it? lol

On my gosh, I just saw the clock! It's sooooo dang sneaky. Makes me angry really. Someone not paying attention to this rapid change will definitely hit it and lose thir gold. Someone with a small phone maybe. Or so see to how the way things were. It's sleazy.

I'm playing on iPod and I don't see this clock, can somebody show a photo please?

turff55
04-23-13, 07:50 PM
it s not on every players mine is still the same way with the heart and the egg good gold trap for update they will say on beta testing good job TL

kooky panda
04-23-13, 07:57 PM
I have reported the Nest showing 10 coins over.

knj00
04-23-13, 07:59 PM
I'm playing on iPod and I don't see this clock, can somebody show a photo please?

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv282/joenkari00/Clock2.png (http://s692.photobucket.com/user/joenkari00/media/Clock2.png.html)

GoldenTiger99
04-23-13, 08:49 PM
When I went to go check on my dragons in the den on my account on my iPad I lost 9 Gold because I didn't notice the new clock! Oh well at least it was a Jupiter dragon, not a Charm dragon though. Guess it was kinda worth it . I noticed though on this main account on my iPhone that the old clock is still there.
PS when I tried to buy a new nest for 10 coins like it showed,the game said that I didn't have enough gold when I tried to buy it.

GoldenTiger99
04-23-13, 08:52 PM
Oh great I meant Saturn dragon not Jupiter .Wrong planet!

DaojinWildfire
04-23-13, 08:58 PM

There's a display issue with the cost. The game will correctly charge you the Gold cost if you buy the extra Nests. We are currently investigating this issue and hope to get to fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for sharing the details so we can clearly see the issue and start looking into it!

koiju
04-23-13, 09:41 PM
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv282/joenkari00/Clock2.png (http://s692.photobucket.com/user/joenkari00/media/Clock2.png.html)

ooh - that IS tricky!!

kurebiz
04-23-13, 09:49 PM
I think it just requires some getting used to. At least now you won't have to click on it to see the time remaining..

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 10:19 PM
I think it just requires some getting used to. At least now you won't have to click on it to see the time remaining..

The problem is some have it and some don't, if you play on 2 or more devices you can get confused and speed up on one thinking it is the other without the clock.

zhynabella
04-23-13, 10:54 PM
Hi yall. I just got the update on my device since I thought, "what the well lets download it!" so I did and now regret it. I just spent gold because I am such an OCD about checking the timer of my apples, breeding den, hatching time and anyhow, once the download was ready, I open the app and clicked without noticing that the timer icon to my surprise is not longer a timer, is an automatic trap to burn gold. So becareful when checking the time on your babies. The timer is now located in tiny white bold fonts above the object (egg, den, etc.) *sighs*

nbella1414
04-24-13, 12:17 AM
I'm on iphone4s and don't have timers like that. Mine is the same after the update.

kenny220
04-24-13, 01:52 AM
I really don't like the new update. I keep accidently speeding up Buffberrys and losing gold. I like it better when you had to confirm that you wanted to speed something up.

kwhales
04-24-13, 02:58 AM
Just used 18 gold speeding up breeding because I didn't notice the timer for breeding is now the speed to breed button. Wow. Glad it was on an account I have a lot of gold on and don't use it much.

Olena
04-24-13, 02:58 AM

I don't like those timer bars above objects in game - it looks ugly. I 'd like to see actual objects and buildings in place of those timers though.

DragonTan1
04-24-13, 03:13 AM

Thanks, I do not have that is it because I'm not on iPhone 4/5 ? I'm on iPod but after reading this thread that is a good thing....

kwhales
04-24-13, 03:23 AM
Thanks, I do not have that is it because I'm not on iPhone 4/5 ? I'm on iPod but after reading this thread that is a good thing....

My gold loss was on an iPad. So it may not matter what device your on. Just be careful after you download the update.

kms899
04-24-13, 04:41 AM
I think it's the new dragons that change costs, not the updates. Food costs go up with every new dragon but the old ones have the same costs (at least in my experience).

after a upgrade the feed is doubled for all present dragons.

kurebiz
04-24-13, 04:52 AM

what are the food costs now for some of the various dragons? i'm on android so, just curious.

kms899
04-24-13, 05:13 AM
this is for ios, not android.

salinho
04-24-13, 05:19 AM

THAT IS SO SNEAKY. What the heck?? Wow guys, thanks for the warning, people might not notice this... Mods, can you edit the first page with this image? Might be a good idea.
Yikes.
Is it the same with expansions and buildings?

Oh man. Dn't know whether to update or not. :/

kms899
04-24-13, 05:23 AM
THAT IS SO SNEAKY. What the heck?? Wow guys, thanks for the warning, people might not notice this... Mods, can you edit the first page with this image? Might be a good idea.
Yikes.

A new way to make you spend more gold.

salinho
04-24-13, 05:24 AM

Wow, really?? So is it - for example - 20,000 per feed , five times from level 9 to 10?? :0

what are the food costs now for some of the various dragons? i'm on android so, just curious.

this is for ios, not android.

Kurebiz said, "just curious"...

salinho
04-24-13, 05:25 AM
A new way to make you spend more gold.

Yes, it is! Just like the album feature can trick you into spending gold by buying a dragon, and it doesn't even need to go to the mest - even with nests full, dragons bought from album will go straight to the storage!!

sweetstuff525
04-24-13, 05:26 AM
I updated and glad I don't have that gold trap

kms899
04-24-13, 05:26 AM
Also for people who has many lags on there game, becareful, you might acidental touch the clock.

kms899
04-24-13, 05:34 AM
Wow, really?? So is it - for example - 20,000 per feed , five times from level 9 to 10?? :0

Kurebiz said, "just curious"...

all my dragons are at level 3 and 7 and the clockwork at level 7, so not sure about any dragons reaching 9-10.

there is no point in mentioning the actual cost, it either the same or double, I was mentioning the actual amount of food you feed to the dragons.

darla1123
04-24-13, 05:36 AM
I am not sure if I should do the update or not. If I do, I don't think I will on my daughters iPod. She has problems with lag and will fall into the gold trap. She accidentally sped up a breeding a couple of nights ago using 15 gold and she got so upset, I don't want it to happen on a regular basis

knj00
04-24-13, 05:36 AM

The image is from my main account on an iPod. Two of my other accounts another iPod and an iPhone do not have this new feature. I have not even bothered to check my last two accounts (android and iPhone) because I don't play on them enough to care.
I'm not a fan of this change.

fitfunsparkle
04-24-13, 05:42 AM
I am afraid to update. I like my half breed times. My husband updated last night and he got new font colors, but still has the heart, not the clock in that spot. It didnt change.

knj00
04-24-13, 06:05 AM
I am afraid to update. I like my half breed times. My husband updated last night and he got new font colors, but still has the heart, not the clock in that spot. It didnt change.

I have the half breeding times on one of my accounts and it did not change with the update.

aceblade
04-24-13, 06:27 AM
I upgraded from Valentine's Edition last night.

CONS:
- No change to my regular breeding time and DOUBLE breed-speed-gold-cost
- Laggy in comparison to Valentine's Day Edition

PROS:
- Boosted Breed option is available
- Colourful Spin Wheel is available

fitfunsparkle
04-24-13, 06:29 AM
I updated and didnt get any changes. There is no timer above my breeding den, still the same heart in the speed up area, not a clock. Whew!

enaid03
04-24-13, 06:31 AM
I upgraded and Boosted Breed/Quests/Stable still not available.

kaejer
04-24-13, 06:34 AM
There definitely needs to be a confirmation when speeding things up. I just spent 700 gold on a new expansion and must have accidentally double clicked because I didn't even see the clock come up on my screen.The expansion was just completed instantly and I lost 700 gold. I thought at first that they made expansions past a certain point cost gold.

knj00
04-24-13, 06:48 AM
There definitely needs to be a confirmation when speeding things up. I just spent 700 gold on a new expansion and must have accidentally double clicked because I didn't even see the clock come up on my screen.The expansion was just completed instantly and I lost 700 gold. I thought at first that they made expansions past a certain point cost gold.

TL likes getting our gold this way too much to change it. :(

Magikot
04-24-13, 07:10 AM
I'm sorry ios players about the new status gold trap. It's just disgusting to see this! On suggestion threads players ask for a confirmation button of some sort when gold is used to purchase anything. Rather than giving us one they provide an easier way to trick players into spending more gold!

I have to say yet another decision made by tl that is making my decision whether to quit much easier to make.

Magikot
04-24-13, 07:11 AM
Ugh typos... I'm sorry about the newest hold trap....

Mani_Sari
04-24-13, 07:34 AM
Ugh typos... I'm sorry about the newest hold trap....

So which is the typo, gold or hold lol. I was hoping my double breeding would revert after update, blah I think i'm day dreaming, just another update to make players lose their gold, simply awesome.

kurebiz
04-24-13, 08:44 AM
So which is the typo, gold or hold lol. I was hoping my double breeding would revert after update, blah I think i'm day dreaming, just another update to make players lose their gold, simply awesome.

I think the double breeding issue is with the server, probably wouldn't change no matter which app you use. ><

carlsbad69
04-24-13, 08:55 AM
I'm sorry ios players about the new status gold trap. It's just disgusting to see this! On suggestion threads players ask for a confirmation button of some sort when gold is used to purchase anything. Rather than giving us one they provide an easier way to trick players into spending more gold!

I have to say yet another decision made by tl that is making my decision whether to quit much easier to make.

I haven't updated yet, but I saw the pic from earlier in the thread...I think this change is not bad. It's not great in that you now have a single step to loose the gold to speed up instead of three...but that can be good too.

Think about this:

Previously, you tapped the breeding den, then the timer to see how much was left. If you liked it, you sped it up or chose to wait. If you are in the habbit of tapping a couple times to get something to show (or go away) you might loose your gold accidentally.

Now, you tap the breeding den, you see how much time is left right away. If you want to speed up, you tap the timer, if not, you tap somewhere else. In many ways this approach makes it easier to NOT loose gold. HOWEVER, it will take a bit to get used to, and there may still be people that get caught by it, but once or twice is all that's going to happen and the most amount of gold you loose is 44 (though I heard some people have same times but still double gold??? so that would be 88 for a diamond which in terms of gold loss is a bit harsher, but still not 500 by accidentally buying a dragon you didn't need/want)

This isn't a bad change imho. It's not great! It's not what people asked for. But it can work out better for players. we have to top two completely different areas of the screen to loose the gold...you can't try to tap 'wait' and accidentally hit 'speed up'...that possibility just isn't going to happen.

DragonTan1
04-24-13, 08:57 AM
My gold loss was on an iPad. So it may not matter what device your on. Just be careful after you download the update.

I did update and the clock thing isn't on mine, but it seems I'm not the only one...

The image is from my main account on an iPod. Two of my other accounts another iPod and an iPhone do not have this new feature. I have not even bothered to check my last two accounts (android and iPhone) because I don't play on them enough to care.
I'm not a fan of this change.

So TL must be ''testing'' this new clock thing out.... testing to see how many fall into another gold trap!! TL is robbing us blind!! I'm so glad I haven't bought any gold since the last changes to breeding!! This is beyond pathetic now....

salinho
04-24-13, 08:58 AM

Next time, immediatly **** the internet connection on your device. Might help!

DragonTan1
04-24-13, 09:01 AM
I haven't updated yet, but I saw the pic from earlier in the thread...I think this change is not bad. It's not great in that you now have a single step to loose the gold to speed up instead of three...but that can be good too.

Think about this:

Previously, you tapped the breeding den, then the timer to see how much was left. If you liked it, you sped it up or chose to wait. If you are in the habbit of tapping a couple times to get something to show (or go away) you might loose your gold accidentally.

Now, you tap the breeding den, you see how much time is left right away. If you want to speed up, you tap the timer, if not, you tap somewhere else. In many ways this approach makes it easier to NOT loose gold. HOWEVER, it will take a bit to get used to, and there may still be people that get caught by it, but once or twice is all that's going to happen and the most amount of gold you loose is 44 (though I heard some people have same times but still double gold??? so that would be 88 for a diamond which in terms of gold loss is a bit harsher, but still not 500 by accidentally buying a dragon you didn't need/want)

This isn't a bad change imho. It's not great! It's not what people asked for. But it can work out better for players. we have to top two completely different areas of the screen to loose the gold...you can't try to tap 'wait' and accidentally hit 'speed up'...that possibility just isn't going to happen.

Thought about it.... yeah I think you're wrong, this IS a bad thing but I am one of the lucky ones that didn't get it.The rest who did WILL lose gold now and again.

Torachan1980
04-24-13, 09:05 AM
I don't have it either.

[S8] Elsa
04-24-13, 10:55 AM
I did update and the clock thing isn't on mine, but it seems I'm not the only one...

So TL must be ''testing'' this new clock thing out.... testing to see how many fall into another gold trap!! TL is robbing us blind!! I'm so glad I haven't bought any gold since the last changes to breeding!! This is beyond pathetic now....

Actually, the one tap timer allows you to see how much longer you have on your egg quickly and easily. All you do is select the Nest to view the timer. If you have multiple Nests and you're waiting to hatch your awesome new Dragons, you can easily switch between them to see! I've found it to be so useful.

However, you're welcome to disagree and we'll be reviewing and collecting feedback to share with the team. ^_^

kis1
04-24-13, 11:03 AM
Ponyroar you can understand why people are upset about not realising it had changed and have lost in some cases a lot of gold by mistake, particularly those that were unfortunate enough to also be hit with the double speed up gold charges :(

How were you affected by the time and gold changes implemented last week?

salinho
04-24-13, 11:15 AM
Actually, the one tap timer allows you to see how much longer you have on your egg quickly and easily. All you do is select the Nest to view the timer. If you have multiple Nests and you're waiting to hatch your awesome new Dragons, you can easily switch between them to see! I've found it to be so useful.

However, you're welcome to disagree and we'll be reviewing and collecting feedback to share with the team. ^_^

Well, you do have a point. :) however, they've made it quite easy for people to spend gold unwantingly... :p they're always scheming, these TL guys!

wildhearts20
04-24-13, 11:34 AM
No gold trap for me

salinho
04-24-13, 11:36 AM
all my dragons are at level 3 and 7 and the clockwork at level 7, so not sure about any dragons reaching 9-10.

there is no point in mentioning the actual cost, it either the same or double, I was mentioning the actual amount of food you feed to the dragons.

I wanted to know whether the food ammounts have increased or not. :) i was just using level 9 to 10 as an example, because the newer dragons eat 50,000 (!!!) apples in that level now! For example, my cosmic is level 7 and eats 3,000 per feed (five times to get to level 8 , so that's 3,000 x 5 = 15,000 food to grow from level 7 to 8) , I was wondering whether that ammount has increased with the update...

[S8] Elsa
04-24-13, 11:48 AM
Ponyroar you can understand why people are upset about not realising it had changed and have lost in some cases a lot of gold by mistake, particularly those that were unfortunate enough to also be hit with the double speed up gold charges :(

How were you affected by the time and gold changes implemented last week?

Well, you do have a point. :) however, they've made it quite easy for people to spend gold unwantingly... :p they're always scheming, these TL guys!

Doesn't this user interface help in a positive way, though? You can see your time just by selecting the Nest and the option to speed is way down in the bottom right corner.

In the original interface, you tap Hatch to see the timer and the Finish option is in the dialog window. So, you get to skip that extra window and there's more space between viewing the timer and the options for the egg. It looks like improvement to me, not scheming.

You're welcome to disagree, this is just my humble opinion.

scottyhaha
04-24-13, 11:57 AM
Doesn't this user interface help in a positive way, though? You can see your time just by selecting the Nest and the option to speed is way down in the bottom right corner.

In the original interface, you tap Hatch to see the timer and the Finish option is in the dialog window. So, you get to skip that extra window and there's more space between viewing the timer and the options for the egg. It looks like improvement to me, not scheming.

As for me, I think that they are taking away a confirm step. And all the old players will press that clock just because we are so use to it.

alyssafriends
04-24-13, 12:23 PM
So let me get this straight. On an Iphone5 my breeding time is the actual time and the gold to speed is still 2x the actual breeding time? Hmmm....I was hoping the firestorm + serpent I just bred was a 22 hour (44 gold to speed up) Diamond dragon and not another midvolt. Errrrrr.....

RotomGuy
04-24-13, 12:43 PM
Additionally, this new set-up doesn't actually let us see how much Gold it costs to speed up.

BTW, does this timer display 2 days if it is over 24 hours? If so, that's even worse.

tr8on
04-24-13, 12:48 PM
I haven't had any issues with the timer thing since I updated. My Speed up Gold amount is still 1:1 as well.

kis1
04-24-13, 12:58 PM

In time yes I agree that players will get used to this new feature, however right now players are accidentally using gold to finish something cos it's new, and for players whose gold charges have doubled this is adding insult to injury.

I was asking if you understood why players were more annoyed tho....It would be irritating to accidentally use their gold at the old single cost, so to lose double :(

jumperjing3
04-24-13, 01:02 PM

I think most people would not of been upset if TL would of posted about the changes on the forum here and/or on the actual update! When they didn't and everyone had to find out "on their own" and losing gold to find out isn't the way it should of been implemented! The lack of communication has caused alot of unhappy players therefore alot of name calling!
Then on top of that it's not across the board for all players....again! I for one didn't get that after my update. Should I be upset? The way TL is doing the randomness is also causing alot of unhappy players.
And if it doesn't show how much gold to speed up breeding what good is that?...especially now that speeding up costs are all over the board?
TL needs to communicate more with players...that way less people would be upset and think they are doing things "shady"

salinho
04-24-13, 01:19 PM
Additionally, this new set-up doesn't actually let us see how much Gold it costs to speed up.

BTW, does this timer display 2 days if it is over 24 hours? If so, that's even worse.

I think the amount of gold to speed up will show right above the clock in the bottom-right corner, whereas the breeding time is above the den/nest. :)

[S8] Elsa
04-24-13, 01:24 PM
I think most people would not of been upset if TL would of posted about the changes on the forum here and/or on the actual update! When they didn't and everyone had to find out "on their own" and losing gold to find out isn't the way it should of been implemented! The lack of communication has caused alot of unhappy players therefore alot of name calling!
Then on top of that it's not across the board for all players....again! I for one didn't get that after my update. Should I be upset? The way TL is doing the randomness is also causing alot of unhappy players.
And if it doesn't show how much gold to speed up breeding what good is that?...especially now that speeding up costs are all over the board?
TL needs to communicate more with players...that way less people would be upset and think they are doing things "shady"

Fair enough. Sometimes we do create threads for beta features that might require guides or instructions (i.e. outpost). This particular change seemed self explanatory, but I'll make note of the feedback regarding communication.

It does show you the Gold cost to Finish hatching the egg in the Breeding Den. It's displayed on the stopwatch icon. As for the actual breeding costs, adjustments are made to the game to ensure the long term life and balance of the game, which is a separate topic that can be discussed here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50150-Speeding-up-gold-price-increased/page83).

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-24-13, 01:34 PM
Fair enough. Sometimes we do create threads for beta features that might require guides or instructions (i.e. outpost). This particular change seemed self explanatory, but I'll make note of the feedback regarding communication.

It does show you the Gold cost to Finish hatching the egg in the Breeding Den. It's displayed on the stopwatch icon. As for the actual breeding costs, adjustments are made to the game to ensure the long term life and balance of the game, which is a separate topic that can be discussed here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50150-Speeding-up-gold-price-increased/page83).

While I appreciate your reply, but does that mean for features/changes that aren't self explanatory....they should come with instructions or a guide?

And while we can go "here" it's kinda pointless as no one bothers to respond.

sollia
04-24-13, 01:38 PM
I'm fairly certain I updated and I don't have the change everyone is talking about. Odd.

Not that it matters, because I spent all my gold on food and don't plan on buying any ever again.

jmterao
04-24-13, 01:39 PM
Is there a way to download this new version and keep my valentine version or will this overwrite it?

salinho
04-24-13, 01:46 PM
In my game, the speed-up clock is not available, so it's just the normal heart that I have to tap on to see the time.
The bars above the den and nests are slightly larger than before, and there are other changes in certain fonts. Feeding cost (for my cosmic dragon, at least) seems the same!

kooky panda
04-24-13, 01:48 PM
Is there a way to download this new version and keep my valentine version or will this overwrite it?
You can have both versions on your device.
One version does not override the other.
Just be careful because there can be a delay in the games if you switch back and forth.
Make sure you close out the games inbetween switching.

midnightmeerkat
04-24-13, 01:50 PM

No it will not over write the valentines version

Saieen
04-24-13, 01:58 PM
The only thing that really looks different on mine is the menu, there have been no major changes to anything else. As for the timer above the breeding den, I think that is a good idea. The issue that players have a problem with is there is no confirmation whenever you press the "Finish" icon. Even though I don't have the update, I wouldnt be happy about that feature. I believe the players would be more satisfied if you keep the stop watch, but add a confirmation where the "Finish" icon is :-). Thae way it is now just turns players off because it seems like a "gold trap."

sdwombat
04-24-13, 01:58 PM

Yes! I did just that--I am used to being able to check time remaining, but learned the hard way. Fortunately breeding was minutes away from being complete, so just lost 1 gold. Way worse gold traps!!

plby
04-24-13, 02:26 PM
Not happy about the changes to the menu , makes the font virtually unreadable... http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a505/maniinthemoon/Snapbucket/874BE2A9_zps83916ed0.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/maniinthemoon/media/Snapbucket/874BE2A9_zps83916ed0.jpg.html)

jmterao
04-24-13, 02:33 PM
Well I updated and there are no changes to my version. Same heart with clock that when I click it, it only shows me the time left. I dont know about the breeding list showing rarity as I have two dragons in the den and cant check yet. And yes, I have noticed the lag when I switch between versions, if I ever get the Quest building I will probably quit using the V day (Hint Hint Hint!)

plby
04-24-13, 02:35 PM

Just did that - cost me 12 gold, but I guess I'll get used to it. Having to zoom in to see the little text above the bar in order to see remaining time is going to get annoying though...

roni122285
04-24-13, 02:40 PM
Well I updated and there are no changes to my version. Same heart with clock that when I click it, it only shows me the time left. I dont know about the breeding list showing rarity as I have two dragons in the den and cant check yet. And yes, I have noticed the lag when I switch between versions, if I ever get the Quest building I will probably quit using the V day (Hint Hint Hint!)

Well it's probably like it was with the trading and crafting .... It's in there but they just have not turned them on for everyone yet.

angela3737
04-24-13, 02:48 PM
I as well have this change to both Ipad and itouch and certainly do not like it all. Before it was somewhat safe to not lose gold as much . I will not personally buy any more gold ( bought last week nest and temple ) as this new update made it instantly to lose gold instead of the extra step which I felt was a semi confirmation button. Often the iPad / itouch may fall forward on me ( guilty of playing this in bed).. Now if it falls , most of the screen will create the instant gold loss..i also wish the type of Dragon was in bold ( not the name ). The type is more important to me but now hard to see Dragon as picture is small as weel as see name . On a positive note, I like the indication of rarity of the Dragon when breeding .

cakeandpie
04-24-13, 02:55 PM
Ugh, changing the stopwatch to a gold trap is HORRIBLE! I've already fallen for it twice, losing 9 gold (which I am painstakingly and extremely slowly saving for a diamond dragon), and both times it was pointless and didn't help me at all.

I'm sure I'm going to fall for this many more times because of my ingrained habit from MONTHS of clicking the stopwatch to view the time left. Since I'm level 94 and have been playing for many months and still don't have a diamond, I know saving up for it is the only way I'm going to get it, even though it will take me like 2 years. This gold trap is going to erase all my progress and I just may stop playing. *mad*

meme1098
04-24-13, 03:14 PM
:mad: It just happened to me too but with an egg. Not realizing there would not be a popup. Instead there was a very tiny number above the finish button. Well,stupid me clicked it and there was no popup to confirm it and instead it immediately took my gems to finish the egg. This game was very irritating anyway with the continuous breeding to get a certain dragon and instead getting the same 2 common dragons over & over for weeks at a time. How frustrating that has been and so, I've just gave up on breeding for certain dragons. Patience is a virtue, I know, but GMAB! After weeks???!!!
This game has hit a new low in my opinion.:(

salinho
04-24-13, 09:03 PM
I really don't like the font in the list for the breeding den. It's too small, I don't like the colors, and I think dragon rarity is pointless...
It really does annoy me. It was visually MUCH better the way it was right before the update. Ugh.

StarSpangledShay
04-24-13, 09:35 PM
Yes for breeding and the stables

Just did that - cost me 12 gold, but I guess I'll get used to it. Having to zoom in to see the little text above the bar in order to see remaining time is going to get annoying though...

Have no fear, you're not alone. I did the same thing. Used up my last 4 gold by accident. Sad day :(
Gold trap.... That sucks.

opanugie
04-24-13, 10:13 PM

I this is a trap for new update, i had trapped once when i try breed dragons, i lost 16 golds ... careful with your finger tap ...

Autorithy
04-24-13, 10:20 PM
This doesn't explain anything new we already found out with our expences, this doesn't apologize and worse doesn't fix anything. That's not what people were expecting a so needed update to do

kurebiz
04-25-13, 12:07 AM

I'm on android so don't have the feature, but I think I'd like it if I had it. Like you mentioned, it is much more convenient!

scottyhaha
04-25-13, 01:00 AM
I got so mad with the clock, got so used to watch my time by clicking the clock. I press it over five times today. Can't save any gold so I was spending my gold the way I wanted the spinning wheel. Got nothing out of it but I spend it not gems trap. Was trying to save my gold for the second nest on my other acct!!

scottyhaha
04-25-13, 01:01 AM
I'm on android so don't have the feature, but I think I'd like it if I had it. Like you mentioned, it is much more convenient!

Its only convenient for gems trap!!!

kurebiz
04-25-13, 01:21 AM
Its only convenient for gems trap!!!

just takes getting used to!

scottyhaha
04-25-13, 01:25 AM
just takes getting used to!

No it is like taking away a confirm button

vanessa0914
04-25-13, 01:37 AM
I saw my fd change the market style but me still the same? And I don't have the new timer bar also ?

enaid03
04-25-13, 04:23 AM
In countless threads, players have asked for a confirmation button. This new feature takes away that step in DS.

This may have worked at the beginning of the game, but there are large numbers of players playing since the beginning that are accustomed to a certain way of playing, and it does not seem like the majority think this is a feature enhancement.

I just lost more gold AGAIN this morning for accidentally speeding up and egg due to this new feature. That makes FOUR gold losses in less that 24 hours. Up until now, I had not accidentally lost any gold.

I'm trying to give the new feature a shot. But its costing me a lot of gold.

Baraze
04-25-13, 04:25 AM
This seems to be another beta feature thing. On my android to iOS account they had this new silly feature. But on my main account its still the same. No clock, just the status bar above. Works for me!

plby
04-25-13, 04:47 AM
I really don't like the font in the list for the breeding den. It's too small, I don't like the colors, and I think dragon rarity is pointless...
It really does annoy me. It was visually MUCH better the way it was right before the update. Ugh.

Agree, the yellow font with black outlines against the yellow background is especially hard to read, and dragon rarity only makes sense in the trading portal menu. Would been better if they added rarity to the dragon info box from habitats.

noir77
04-25-13, 05:33 AM

no no no no not to Android too. Keep this away from us... :p

cheryllemon
04-25-13, 05:49 AM
No changes for me. I'm on IOS. I still have the same clock for my breeding times and its still 1 hour 1 gold speed ups.

dracenwood
04-25-13, 06:53 AM
No changes for me. I'm on IOS. I still have the same clock for my breeding times and its still 1 hour 1 gold speed ups.

Me too.

badger8
04-25-13, 04:12 PM
So those of us lucky people to get this fabulous feature-
What do we tap now to see how much time is left on, say, a habitat being built??

midnightmeerkat
04-25-13, 04:27 PM
So those of us lucky people to get this fabulous feature-
What do we tap now to see how much time is left on, say, a habitat being built??

I would guess that when you tap the habitat the time will show just above the habitat

badger8
04-25-13, 04:35 PM
I wish it was that easy. I just have the little green bar and the "finish" stopwatch.
Nothing that I can see tells how much time is left.

midnightmeerkat
04-25-13, 04:46 PM
I wish it was that easy. I just have the little green bar and the "finish" stopwatch.

Could Try restarting the game

kwhales
04-25-13, 05:17 PM

I just updated and i have this clock thingy. I bought a habitat and above my bar is the amount of time I have left. No tapping needed. Of course I just bought a red hab to test this, but it said the time remaining.

badger8
04-25-13, 05:21 PM
Here's my screenshot of a tapped-on habitat. Only the green bar and the "finish" stopwatch.
Maybe a Mod can help here?

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/hubble01/d8d50cd9471864714960192eed74b001.jpg

kwhales
04-25-13, 05:28 PM
If anyone is planning on updated their device…be warned:

I was thinking about upgrading my stables for 50 gold. But, I updated my game first. Wrong move. My upgrade price just went to 100 gold. This is so very wrong. Penalizing players for doing what TL wants us to do.

So, if you are thinking about upgrading anything, do it before you update your device.

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 05:30 PM
Here's my screenshot of a tapped-on habitat. Only the green bar and the "finish" stopwatch.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/hubble01/d8d50cd9471864714960192eed74b001.jpg

That's what I have after I updated.... After reading that the clock on top of the building takes your gold if you tap it I'm glad I didn't get it.

salinho
04-25-13, 05:31 PM

Very weird!! You can't see the timer or the gold cost. Maybe uninstall & reinstall?

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 05:40 PM
Very weird!! You can't see the timer or the gold cost. Maybe uninstall & reinstall?

I can see the gold cost once I tap the finish at the bottom, but I have NO clock above the building like in that picture.

badger8
04-25-13, 05:42 PM
Uninstalling/ rebooting didn't do it, but thanks for trying!

midnightmeerkat
04-25-13, 05:45 PM
Uninstalling/ rebooting didn't do it, but thanks for trying!

Might need to contact support

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 05:48 PM
Might need to contact support

If he clicks on the little clock at the bottom then he will see how much time is left, and how much gold is needed to speed it up.

midnightmeerkat
04-25-13, 05:52 PM
If he clicks on the little clock at the bottom then he will see how much time is left, and how much gold is needed to speed it up.

No if the clock at the bottom is clicked it will finish for the gold cost automatically. DO NOT TOUCH THE CLOCK!!!

badger8
04-25-13, 05:57 PM
No if the clock at the bottom is clicked it will finish for the gold cost automatically. DO NOT TOUCH THE CLOCK!!!

Trust me, I'm not touching it!

midnightmeerkat
04-25-13, 06:20 PM
Trust me, I'm not touching it!

Actually not everyone has the new clock, have you got the old icons for breeding, evolving etc

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 06:24 PM

No it does not take your gold.

kwhales
04-25-13, 06:29 PM
No it does not take your gold.

Yes it does. There is no warning. Click on it and whatever is finished immediately. GOLD GONE. Do not touch the clock.

carlsbad69
04-25-13, 06:30 PM
Yes it does. There is no warning. Click on it and whatever is finished immediately. GOLD GONE. Do not touch the clock.

Only if your clock has a gold bar as part of the icon. Not everyone has this 'feature' some players still have the old method...HOWEVER, if your clock includes a gold bar as part of the icon...THEN it finishes it for you and takes your gold.

kwhales
04-25-13, 06:42 PM
Only if your clock has a gold bar as part of the icon. Not everyone has this 'feature' some players still have the old method...HOWEVER, if your clock includes a gold bar as part of the icon...THEN it finishes it for you and takes your gold.

I just noticed the gold bar on my clock. Unbelievable.

TeamLava, don't you understand? You have young teenagers playing this game. Some won't realize the implications of all these changes you are making to make us use and buy gold. How fair is it to them? To us? Alot of your players don't come to the forum for advice and warnings. Is it so important to get rich that you will use us this way?

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 06:48 PM

It doesn't for me.

Mine has a gold bar on it, and it doesn't take my gold.

I just deleted the game, installed it and now I'm updating it. Before I updated it went back to normal... the dragons in the stable did not say if they were common etc. and the bar above the clock is gone...
Now that it is updated the dragons in the stable shows me if they are common etc. The gold bar above the clock is back... I just tapped it and it shows how much time is left and how much gold is needed to speed up.

kwhales
04-25-13, 06:52 PM
It doesn't for me.

Mine has a gold bar on it, and it doesn't take my gold.

I just deleted the game, installed it and now I'm updating it. Before I updated it went back to normal... the dragons in the stable did not say if they were common etc. and the bar above the clock is gone...
Now that it is updated the dragons in the stable shows me if they are common etc. The gold bar above the clock is back... I just tapped it and it shows how much time is left and how much gold is needed to speed up.

If you tap the hab, nest, den does it show the time above the bar? Mine does and it shows a little number near the clock. If I touch the clock at that point, bye bye gold.

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 07:08 PM
If you tap the hab, nest, den does it show the time above the bar? Mine does and it shows a little number near the clock. If I touch the clock at that point, bye bye gold.

No, some people didn't get the time above the habitat, nest, den but we did get the clock on the bottom of the screen that has the gold bar on top of it. I tap that and it doesn't take my gold... if you do it does it takes your gold? Or are you talking about the time above the habitat? My neighbours say it takes your gold once you tap the time.

plby
04-25-13, 08:13 PM
No, some people didn't get the time above the habitat, nest, den but we did get the clock on the bottom of the screen that has the gold bar on top of it. I tap that and it doesn't take my gold... if you do it does it takes your gold? Or are you talking about the time above the habitat? My neighbours say it takes your gold once you tap the time.

Now I'm confused... There's different versions of the new clock?
This is what mine looks like. Touching the clock with gold bar and gold amount it takes the gold, but touching the progress bar or anywhere else and it won't

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a505/maniinthemoon/Snapbucket/8730DAB8_zps98191f02.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/maniinthemoon/media/Snapbucket/8730DAB8_zps98191f02.jpg.html)

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 08:24 PM
Now I'm confused... There's different versions of the new clock?
This is what mine looks like. Touching the clock with gold bar and gold amount it takes the gold, but touching the progress bar or anywhere else and it won't

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a505/maniinthemoon/Snapbucket/8730DAB8_zps98191f02.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/maniinthemoon/media/Snapbucket/8730DAB8_zps98191f02.jpg.html)

Ok, see on mine I have no time above the habitat where it says 06:27:23
I do have the clock at the bottom though but mine is different, it doesn't have a number next to the gold bar.

Now I understand why it is taking gold off you guys, and not off me... because mine doesn't have the number next to the gold bar.

scottyhaha
04-25-13, 08:28 PM
Yes if you press that clock you will speed up. I'd play on 3 iPhone 1 iPad some doesn't come with the finish clock and some do. I had lost so much golds with this new update

kwhales
04-26-13, 03:10 AM
Wow disparity amongst same OS. What TL, you didn't get enough feedback on the android thread, you want more from iOS too?

Breed times different, gold different, clocks different, etc etc etc. why are you ruining the game? Did you feel sorry for the android players disparity that you decided to screw up iOS instead of fixing android? I would really like to,take a walk through your minds and see what the heck is going on in those wide open spaces were your brains use to be.

Autorithy
04-26-13, 05:10 AM
I just deleted the app and installed again from app store on iPhone, there is no StopWatch Clock anymore, is just like 1.3

salinho
04-26-13, 05:29 AM
Actually not everyone has the new clock, have you got the old icons for breeding, evolving etc

I'm lucky I didn't get it, i think... It stayed the same as it was before. I have a heart with a little clock above and not a stopwatch.

Yup. Timer shows above progress bar, and the stopwatch just needs to be tapped once to finish breeding/hatching/food/construction.

Autorithy
04-26-13, 05:33 AM
yeah when I first updated to 1.4 I had the clock and the heart with the clock for the breeding den, and the timers shown above the temporal bar on the eggs, den and maps in expansion, after I reistalled all is back like 1.3

Autorithy
04-26-13, 05:45 AM
is a different 1.4, is like 1.3 but renaming the dragon is different and it shows the dragon rarity from the trading portal

salinho
04-26-13, 05:58 AM
yeah when I first updated to 1.4 I had the clock and the heart with the clock for the breeding den, and the timers shown above the temporal bar on the eggs, den and maps in expansion, after I reistalled all is back like 1.3

I had updated and my game remained with the timer looking the same as before, however other changes were there (progress bars thicker, fonts changed...). I uninstalled and reinstalled and the timers are still as before, no stopwatch, so no change there.

However, about half of my dragons are not appearing and most of my habitats are invisible! Farms and crafting buildings are also no-show. Some decorations missing too, boosts included. I closed the app, reopened, and now i can see some more dragons and the passion habitat...but that's it. Lol.

kwhales
04-26-13, 05:59 AM
is a different 1.4, is like 1.3 but renaming the dragon is different and it shows the dragon rarity from the trading portal

I uninstalled the game, and now its very laggy, but other then that everything is the same as before. 1.4 with all its bad features, no good ones.

Autorithy
04-26-13, 06:02 AM
I have 2 apple IDs, I think got this 1.4 version from Italian App Store, the american one gave me the 1.4 with full features like stopwatch and hovering timers

angela3737
04-26-13, 07:48 AM

Heres some constructive hoping to be relayed to the makers ... ..Ok..thought about it more about my last post a few days ago.. I partially agree with you..tapping on nest , expansion ,etc is nice to see right in it the time left.....HOWEVER ..the clock stop on bottom SHOULD still remain the old way where you would click it and then do a second click to finish it . So it's the best of both worlds to see the time on it for convenience ...but not have the gold trap that was created ( keep original way)...

Side note ...having this massive difference on games is very confusing to all levels: to old players ( happy with the pop up to finish so dont lose gold ), many players with 2 devices like me (my iPad has instant finish and my itouch has old way of needing to tap to see time= super confusing with the new update on both ), players with dfferent games ( monster has old way )..

Again - keep new timer on above icon but ALSO KEEP OLD STOP CLOCK.........sounds like everybody wins with this ...would really make all happy and TL will be a hero ..happy customers = gold bought again by players if they have the control over gold again :)

salinho
04-26-13, 08:23 AM
Again - keep new timer on above icon but ALSO KEEP OLD STOP CLOCK.........sounds like everybody wins with this ...would really make all happy and TL will be a hero ..happy customers = gold bought again by players if they have the control over gold again :)
That would be the best of both worlds! Being able to see the time immediatly as soon as we tap on the nest/den, whilst keeping the old method (tapping on the heart icon on the bottom right corner and only then tapping on FINISH in the center ) would indeed be very good.
But I doubt they will implement such a user-friendly feature. They enjoy preying on our gold. :p

dragnzMomma
04-26-13, 09:55 AM
The issue is two-fold...adding a new feature without clearly explaining about it that results in a player unknowingly spending hard to come by gold. A simple fix is to add a confirmation/are you sure warning ANYTIME gold is about to be spent. If there had been just that momentary pause to confirm, i would not have wasted my gold. Let me have the choice on what i want to speed up/spend gold on...with how this feature was implemented, we feel it is a sneaky way for TL to force our hands.

henrylucky
04-26-13, 10:16 AM

It's really an improvement! cool!

TinksThots
04-26-13, 11:08 AM
I keep a notebook page split into columns, one for each game I play, and I write down the time things are due to be finished. If I have several things going in one game, I write down the soonest thing that will finish, then after I get that, I scratch that time out and write in the next one. That way, I glance at one page and see all the times for everything on all my games.

Or, if it's something that won't spoil/expire/run away, I completely ignore the time, ignore the progress bars, and then HEY SURPRISE IT FEELS LIKE MY BIRTHDAY!!! when that little DONE! icon is all of a sudden there.

Just my two little cents. ^_^

chiefdragon
04-28-13, 09:07 PM
Just fell victim to the clock. I don't even how much gold I exactly lost. I think I had like 5 or 6 hours left so that'll be like 10 or 12 gold lost. :(

DragonTan1
04-28-13, 09:17 PM
I keep a notebook page split into columns, one for each game I play, and I write down the time things are due to be finished. If I have several things going in one game, I write down the soonest thing that will finish, then after I get that, I scratch that time out and write in the next one. That way, I glance at one page and see all the times for everything on all my games.

Or, if it's something that won't spoil/expire/run away, I completely ignore the time, ignore the progress bars, and then HEY SURPRISE IT FEELS LIKE MY BIRTHDAY!!! when that little DONE! icon is all of a sudden there.

http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/blankstare-CtA.gif

henrylucky
04-28-13, 09:45 PM

Lol, DragonTan1.
I just set an alarm on my device when I want to remember my RS

TinksThots
04-29-13, 04:47 AM

HAHAHA perfect! I needed a good laugh, thanks! :D

plby
05-03-13, 05:47 AM
The stopwatch thing is gone and the pop-up with a confirmation to speed up is back! An other bad "feature" fixed. Now if I could get the 80 or so gold I lost on this back...

Kami365
05-03-13, 07:36 AM
The new feature StopWatch makes me crazy..I had lost many Gold initially..too..now I'm more careful watching stopwatch.

cedkugedchgd
05-29-13, 10:05 AM
i just got that breeding gold timer clock that shows the breeding time withought clicking on the right corner....

RotomGuy
05-29-13, 10:10 AM
Looks like this change is global now.

I wish they showed the timer constantly rather than having to click on it to see the time.

lunarbunny
05-29-13, 10:15 AM
I was so happy I didn't get this when 1.4 came out and all of a sudden my game refreshes and it's there! I don't like the font the numbers are in and it's not useful just causes ppl to waste gold! Take this away please! Even deleted and reinstalled but no change... :( I play on iPad and I still think that the numbers aren't big enough especially on crops. I liked the old way!

lunarbunny
05-29-13, 10:16 AM
Oops I meant when it came out and I didn't get this the first time :)

RotomGuy
05-29-13, 10:16 AM
I was so happy I didn't get this when 1.4 came out and all of a sudden my game refreshes and it's there! I don't like the font the numbers are in and it's not useful just causes ppl to waste gold! Take this away please! Even deleted and reinstalled but no change... :( I play on iPad and I still think that the numbers aren't big enough especially on crops. I liked the old way!

Even without the blatant gold trap, I preferred the old way. Far more aesthetically pleasing.

skeleton25
05-29-13, 10:19 AM
i just got that update...but dont find it it as gold trap....maybe becuase i dont have gold

yeah when you click it shoes time but then on bottom it shows amount of gold needed and it says the word finish
so i think its pretty straight forward

lunarbunny
05-29-13, 10:20 AM
I know why do they have to ruin something that worked perfectly well?! When you tapped on it and the pop screen showed the time in a nice normal font and was easy to read, and now this! Ughhh

05-29-13, 10:20 AM
If this is for everyone now I'm screwed. I always hit it twice by mistake.

lunarbunny
05-29-13, 10:21 AM
Older players have a rhythm of doing things, I'm not even an older player and that's just how I operate, muscle memory and all that lol

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-29-13, 10:22 AM
Almost like they bought it back due to popular demand..... not.

And so sneakingly and suddenly too.

finnth12
05-29-13, 10:23 AM
If this is for everyone now I'm screwed. I always hit it twice by mistake.

That's what happened to me, clicked egg, and the finished button too fast, luckily only 57minutes left. :)

HNO3
05-29-13, 10:24 AM
It showed up for me this morning. Definitely a blatant gold trap. Guess dragon story players weren't accidentally spending enough. The old way was nicer looking and easier to read for those if us playing on our phones.

emc420
05-29-13, 10:44 AM
Hate this gold trap feature ... Instead of this gold trap feature ..why don't you just roll out to all players the battle and mission/task feature (to get samurai dragon) ....Im sure more players would be happy rather than this gold trap

momo201
05-29-13, 11:23 AM
Yep, definite gold trap. Already lost 4 today. From muscle memory as mentioned above. Also, that there's no pop up that asks if we're sure, etc.

danni7788
05-29-13, 11:28 AM
This sucks! Lost gold today, too. The motion to check how much time is left is so automatic for me. I didn't realize mine had changed... last time mine stayed the same. :(

aceblade
05-29-13, 11:54 AM
If it wasn't for this thread, I would have lost gold too. I usually have my island zoomed out so I wouldn't have noticed the timers or the tiny gold icon over the stop watch.

tuskita
05-29-13, 12:09 PM

Wish I read this before...😡just lost 30 gold and I'm extremely pissssssssed!!!!

badger8
05-29-13, 12:11 PM
Just lost around 20 gold doing the same thing.
THANKS FOR THE WARNING TL.
Nice. Real nice.

Mani_Sari
05-29-13, 12:13 PM
Likewise, didn't need to update, it was just there when I was gonna check the time my eggs, then poof lost gold and egg was ready lol.

carlsbad69
05-29-13, 12:26 PM
Yes, my iPhone just updated this morning. Actually it was fine working the old way for quite a while this morning. Then I was clearing my habitats, and the game paused and re-synced, so I had to go back and clear a couple habitats I already cleared. I went to check on my breeding and instinctively hit the timer and my breeding was done. Fortunately, I only lost 1 gold, so I'm ok with that, but I do wish I had seen it before doing things out of habit. It's a good thing it wasn't like 20 gold I lost.

Now, when I tap on the breeding den or evolution temple, or egg in the nest, timer appears above showing how much time is left. In some ways this is simpler, but I also didn't get caught loosing 20 gold over this like Badger just did :-( Sorry to hear that Badger!

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-29-13, 12:30 PM
Just lost gold to evolving.

THANKS TL.

QueenOfDiamond
05-29-13, 01:02 PM
Lost 30 gold at the trade portal for a 6-hour trade. T_T Where's the confirmation button we've asked for for all TL games?! >_<

Candy3030
05-29-13, 01:03 PM
Just lost around 20 gold doing the same thing.
THANKS FOR THE WARNING TL.
Nice. Real nice.

Same here!! Dident even get an update, pooffff! Thanks for the heads up TL! Nice way to rip us off AGAIN!

savage_mel
05-29-13, 01:03 PM
Just lost 12 gold to this stupid trap. I'm pissed! The jerks could have least given us some warning!

jonathanharker
05-29-13, 01:04 PM
What?! I just lost the gold I was saving when I went to check the breeding time. They updated the game so it just purchases a speed up automatically without any notice if you try to check the breed time they way you normally do.

This is downright stealing!

Glad I stopped spending real money on gold because of the random dragon retiring. I'm really really angry with this game right about now... It used to be so fun.

alexti
05-29-13, 01:09 PM
This had release to some players in apirl when 1.4 was out. I think they love our gold that's why now they release to everyone

absieh
05-29-13, 02:02 PM
So i start up dragon story and click breed. Then I click on the breeding den to see how many hours then it said i used 14 golds and i had 128 so then I had 114> And now I lost 3 gold for no reason :(. My storm id is: absieh

sollia
05-29-13, 02:03 PM
There was an update that changes how speeding up works. Sorry it happened to you, I did the same earlier today.

kwhales
05-29-13, 02:22 PM
What?! I just lost the gold I was saving when I went to check the breeding time. They updated the game so it just purchases a speed up automatically without any notice if you try to check the breed time they way you normally do.

This is downright stealing!

Glad I stopped spending real money on gold because of the random dragon retiring. I'm really really angry with this game right about now... It used to be so fun.

I have had this for a couple months. Just got to be careful. I speed up a couple things just out of force of habit of hitting the breed icon, which turned into the finish now clock thing. Haven't done it since though.

lmac10
05-29-13, 03:01 PM
Yes, so far this has got me twice, lost 21 gold, really going to have to start paying attention and break the normal habits

ascherb
05-29-13, 03:08 PM
The same thing happened to me too! If you are used to clicking on the bottom right to see how long something will take, you will lose gold, since assumption is made you want to speed it up. Too easy to click on bottom right. Not thrilled with this new feature!

funnyrandomness5112
05-29-13, 03:15 PM
I've lots 25 gold! Ahhh

lollipop_rp
05-29-13, 03:31 PM
I lost 15 gold......
First gold trap (alternative account)

I'm raged out all the way. Confirm button needed???

elwood99
05-29-13, 03:37 PM
Oh bummer! Lost gold again! Luckily it is only a few gold for speeding up. I hope ppl dont lose gold on expansion because that takes a lot of gold

lotusthreads
05-29-13, 03:54 PM
Definite gold trap, I lost 40 gold this morning before I realized that had released the new gold trap to everyone :( very, very unhappy with this

sayake
05-29-13, 05:15 PM
Another gold trap... are you getting desperate, Team Lava?
luckily my game was still loading so I didn't lose my gold when I wanted to look at the timer.

redskyjuice
05-29-13, 05:33 PM
TeamLava, please switch it back to the normal way. I keep accidentally using gold; clicking on the timer. Seems reasonable since there was nothing wrong with how it was before. Thanks.

HenryLucky1
05-29-13, 06:02 PM

Lol, because of this you're complaining? I think it's great! You don't have to click finish to see the time left. It's all happened because you forgot! So, don't forget again!

I know, it's easier to spend gold on this feature, one click and you lost your gold. The thing you have to do is just don't touch the Den until it's ready:)

karamsay
05-29-13, 06:10 PM
I just know the next time my cat tries to jump into my lap, this is the button she will push. With no reversal for accidental spending such as that, you can be sure there will be no purchases for intentional spending, at least on my accounts. Ugh.

figuresk8er88
05-29-13, 06:12 PM
it's definitely a little confusing at first, i think i lost 2 gold (thankfully only 2... feel bad for the people saving up gold and clicking on an expansion) when clicking on the den. it's just out of habit to click the clock without realizing at the time left is already there. now i'll just be super careful...

kwhales
05-29-13, 06:27 PM
My daughter put two dragons to breed and her finger automatically went to the breed icon to see the time. And laserlight was done instantly. I warned her , but you automatically go to check the breed time, and a bunch of gold is gone. Live and learn.

It would have been nice if TL,would have given us a list of changes they made last night. Guess it's to much to ask. Oh wait MHz does that for his game. Hmmm wonder why our developer can't do the same.

HenryLucky1
05-29-13, 06:30 PM
My daughter put two dragons to breed and her finger automatically went to the breed icon to see the time. And laserlight was done instantly. I warned her , but you automatically go to check the breed time, and a bunch of gold is gone. Live and learn.

It would have been nice if TL,would have given us a list of changes they made last night. Guess it's to much to ask. Oh wait MHz does that for his game. Hmmm wonder why our developer can't do the same.
Yep, they never do it. We must know it by ourselves

KindleFire083
05-29-13, 06:38 PM
Lol, because of this you're complaining? I think it's great! You don't have to click finish to see the time left. It's all happened because you forgot! So, don't forget again!

I know, it's easier to spend gold on this feature, one click and you lost your gold. The thing you have to do is just don't touch the Den until it's ready:)

HenryLucky1, I agree though my husband and son don't. The 11 gold attached to the Finish icon is great. No extra tap to see the timer is necessary. TeamLava should add this to all tasks for all platforms.

scottyhaha
05-29-13, 06:38 PM

It's like taking away a confirm button away.

badger8
05-29-13, 06:45 PM

NO, we're not complaining because of this. We're complaining because it was switched without anyone's knowledge, and the "check time" button was replaced with a "lose gold" button. Sneaky and lousy.
Now that we all know about it, once we get used to it, it'll be fine.

sehana
05-29-13, 06:46 PM
Leaving the timer, but removing where it instantly buys the rest of the time with gold could be removed by adding a confirm screen/button.

TinksThots
05-29-13, 06:46 PM
HenryLucky1, I agree though my husband and son don't. The 11 gold attached to the Finish icon is great. No extra tap to see the timer is necessary. TeamLava should add this to all tasks for all platforms.

The problem lies in the fact that they've yet again made accidents even easier. One flail of an infant's arm, one leap of a cat, one twitch of a hand slipping with a hot bagel, anything can bump that now, and there's no longer a second tap needed to spend that gold. THAT is the issue.

carlsbad69
05-29-13, 06:47 PM
leaving the timer, but removing where it instantly buys the rest of the time with gold could be removed by adding a confirm screen/button.

yes!!!!

HenryLucky1
05-29-13, 06:48 PM
NO, we're not complaining because of this. We're complaining because it was switched without anyone's knowledge, and the "check time" button was replaced with a "lose gold" button. Sneaky and lousy.
Now that we all know about it, once we get used to it, it'll be fine.

Oh, because it suddenly appeared! Well, next time, be super careful!

TinksThots
05-29-13, 06:51 PM
Oh, because it suddenly appeared! Well, next time, be super careful!

You'd better knock on wood right now before your turn comes mr. super careful! :p :p :p

kwhales
05-29-13, 06:58 PM
You'd better knock on wood right now before your turn comes mr. super careful! :p :p :p

My turn was in April. I got use to it in a day. It's really not that bad once your finger stops going there. I just don't like that you can't tell what is evolving. Before you could click on evolve and it says what evolving, with this stopwatch, you can't. So be super careful there to. I have evolved stuff accidently because I forgot what I sent to evolve and lost gold.

sapphirecross
05-29-13, 07:10 PM
HATE the new "lose gold here" button. I liked the other way - it was like having a confirm before spending gold.

scottyhaha
05-29-13, 07:10 PM
My turn was in April. I got use to it in a day. It's really not that bad once your finger stops going there. I just don't like that you can't tell what is evolving. Before you could click on evolve and it says what evolving, with this stopwatch, you can't. So be super careful there to. I have evolved stuff accidently because I forgot what I sent to evolve and lost gold.

You are too s****. I still press that clock and I had it in April too

momo201
05-29-13, 07:46 PM
Is a moderator going to address this? It seems so unfair. I only lost 4 gold, but many others have lost more. Each person should report it.

skeleton25
05-29-13, 07:54 PM
Is a moderator going to address this? It seems so unfair. I only lost 4 gold, but many others have lost more. Each person should report it.

A mod a player just like you... They probably already got the update too since kooky is ios

But yeah this feature was in beta on some users ... Guess they decided its a good feature ...who knows why(it makes people spend their gold easily...which in their mind means those will buy more hold to replace lost gold)
So the implemented it to all iOS users

Maybe we can change their mind like the double breeding double gold costs..which eventually they change it back to normal...since the sales of gold were diminishing

alexti
05-29-13, 07:54 PM

I don't think mod can do anything. TL did a test back in April when they release to some iOS player. They love how it's works so every iOS get it

rene2222
05-29-13, 07:55 PM
i lost many goldbar today because of its new feature. i prefer the old feature.

DragonTan1
05-29-13, 08:17 PM
I like it, not at first and it did take a few days to get used to it but I'm sure the rest of you will too.

megaloos
05-29-13, 08:22 PM
Yikes.

My timers changed mid-morning without any warning, and I haven't updated at all.

moostermine
05-29-13, 08:48 PM
I like it, not at first and it did take a few days to get used to it but I'm sure the rest of you will too.

Yay! Yes! Adds to to fun and excitement!

DragonTan1
05-29-13, 08:58 PM
Yay! Yes! Adds to to fun and excitement!

I like it, I find it makes things faster when I only have a few minutes to check in... Like I said, it takes time to get used to it. I can understand the people who have lost gold and don't like it, I have been there too!

moostermine
05-29-13, 09:06 PM
I like it, I find it makes things faster when I only have a few minutes to check in... Like I said, it takes time to get used to it. I can understand the people who have lost gold and don't like it, I have been there too!

It's a shock the first time it happens, the whole muscle memory thing, makes you automatically hit the button.
How long before you stopped hitting it without thinking and going.....Doh!?

Anasarra
05-29-13, 09:21 PM
Yep! Just lost some gold. Wanted to check the time not finish! Shut the game and came directly here to see what has happened. If Every player has to "learn the hard way" .... Seems like waiting till the batter hits and starts to run, then decide, Hey, let's move first base "over there".... Not really fair play.

DragonTan1
05-29-13, 10:20 PM
It's a shock the first time it happens, the whole muscle memory thing, makes you automatically hit the button.
How long before you stopped hitting it without thinking and going.....Doh!?

I lost one gold, so not very long lol

celiadean
05-29-13, 10:40 PM
I know everyone is in an uproar about this gold trap, I am too. Has anyone noticed that the game level has changed too? I was a level 94 yesterday & today I am lvl 98. One of my nbrs said she saw an island that was lvl 150. This is not a big deal but but what is the max now?

koiju
05-29-13, 11:22 PM
What I find irritating is that when I used to tap on the evolution temple it would tell me what dragon I had evolving, it doesn't any more. I know I've got something pink in there but dang if I can remember what!

ragingray
05-30-13, 12:49 AM
Yea, already done it twice, for a total of 20 gold, second time i fast tracked a breeding pair, but still got 10 hours for a egg in the nest, this is a trap, NEVER going to buy gold again.
For thoes who even want to argue, ask this one question. Why put it in the same position as the farm button/the breed button..it's pretty much the same position as every action you use in the game!
I can't even think of a single reason how this is better than the old way of having a pop up box!

OlkaDragons
05-30-13, 01:14 AM
Hate this gold trap!

badtrip69
05-30-13, 01:43 AM
Seriously TL!
Again a gems/gold trap!!!
DS was the last TL?s game I was still buying gold because there was no gold trap. Now I won?t buy anymore gold.
I can?t believe it!!!

Badtrip69 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=411238965640529&set=a.411237668973992.1073741825.411236835640742&type=1&theater)

redskyjuice
05-30-13, 01:54 AM
Why doesn't TL just treat their customers with respect? They obviously have passionate customers. Imagine the gross they would make with fair updates, reasonable pricing, and overall caring customer service. Their marketing tactics have just been shady; for example the first 40% deal they offered was not even 40% off, it was 20 gold more than it should have been (800 instead of 780). I hope they make a change for the better.

badtrip69
05-30-13, 01:54 AM
They haven?t implemented the gold trap on the valentine edition (but no quest output).

Badtrip69 (http://goo.gl/Hxwl5)

badtrip69
05-30-13, 01:58 AM
They should pay someone for the marketing tactics; I’ve never seen a firm making such bad choices.

Badtrip69 (http://goo.gl/Hxwl5)

jennyh30
05-30-13, 02:10 AM
Just accidentally done it straight away with breeding so I didn't see how long it was. Is the any way to tell how long it was therefore what it is before I put it in the nest?

katbtodd
05-30-13, 02:50 AM
Mine did not show up at the App Store, mine just changed with out notice. Level went from 94 to 112 and the stop clock which,I don't like ,talk about a gold trap. We are use to the old way so we double click,,, people do not do this ,, it will take your gold ,,,, only click on the object once to see the time,,if you click on the icon on bottom of screen it will take your gold,, yes it will,,,,GOLD TRAP Until we get use to it. , they changed it with out warning ,,, PLEASE BE WARE

katbtodd
05-30-13, 02:53 AM
Hate this gold trap!

Love they playing with us.. I wonder why we still play there games,,, but we all still do. Yes hate this last gold trap. , got me twice,, did it with out thinking this morning too,,, habits. Are hard to die

katbtodd
05-30-13, 02:55 AM
Just accidentally done it straight away with breeding so I didn't see how long it was. Is the any way to tell how long it was therefore what it is before I put it in the nest?I am thinking they are going to start losing a lot of people,,,, we will get tired of there games. And there games. If you know what I mean summer is going here and I'm about ready to give up the game,,, and get on with my life,,, so tired of them screwing with us. I play castle too and that became a joke too

maguar
05-30-13, 03:03 AM
I know everyone is in an uproar about this gold trap, I am too. Has anyone noticed that the game level has changed too? I was a level 94 yesterday & today I am lvl 98. One of my nbrs said she saw an island that was lvl 150. This is not a big deal but but what is the max now?

You'll find discussion on the level increases in this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?52502-Level-cap-up-to-150)

mrarfan
05-30-13, 04:31 AM
There is an update available in the App Store. Has anyone downloaded it yet? If so, have you noticed any new features?

Added pic

http://i.imgur.com/cqhGFXK.jpg?1

I saw this new feature and it sucks so much!
The button was changed! I accidentally speed up my Scalypears crop for 40 Gold! Is that insane!
I'm done with this game! I'm gonna play Valentines Edition RIGHT NOWW!

mrarfan
05-30-13, 04:32 AM
I am thinking they are going to start losing a lot of people,,,, we will get tired of there games. And there games. If you know what I mean summer is going here and I'm about ready to give up the game,,, and get on with my life,,, so tired of them screwing with us. I play castle too and that became a joke too

I agree too! Most of my neighbour's are retiring and deleting the game all of because these new features,food amount increase and MORE stuff!

rosha267
05-30-13, 07:18 AM
After losing 20 gold I decided to just use the rest immediately and under my own terms. The only worthwhile thing I got from gold was the extra nest. I still like the game I'm just going to play it gold free from now on. I mean honestly the amount of time and money it takes to save up for just one decent dragon is insane. I will just have to be extremely patient from now on.

jennyh30
05-30-13, 08:32 AM
Thanks whoever said its not on valentines :)

aimeeq
05-30-13, 04:01 PM
I'm about done after the new gem trap. It was already getting boring breeding so many commons with rarely anything interesting and STILL no diamond. Maybe if they add an option to buy for gold for people at level 106 with 1,777,000 xp? ������I don't find crafting all that interesting, isn't using different breeding combos "crafting". I wish I could transfer my gems to another game. Glad I didn't buy them.

KindleFire083
05-30-13, 04:06 PM
I'm about done after the new gem trap. It was already getting boring breeding so many commons with rarely anything interesting and STILL no diamond. Maybe if they add an option to buy for gold for people at level 106 with 1,777,000 xp? 😡👿👺I don't find crafting all that interesting, isn't using different breeding combos "crafting". I wish I could transfer my gems to another game. Glad I didn't buy them.

aimeeq, this is why we (my family) don't fight for craft and trade but want expired dragons instead. we don't want any buildings on our islands, only habitats, a den, nest and temple. But we support Kindle and Android players who want to craft and trade for gems and gemstone dragons.