PDA

View Full Version : No Iron Ore from Sparkling Mines

Frosty_Wench
04-23-13, 01:46 PM
Hi,
I have been reading these forums for a while now and have gotten tons of useful information from them.

I am now having a problem with my Sparkling Mines. I have now gone 8 consecutive collections without 1 iron ore drop.

I know iron ore was never a 100% guarantee, but I have paid pretty close attention to it since it is currently the resource causing all of my production to bottleneck. I'd say I normally receive at least one iron ore from a mine about 75%-80% of the time. Maybe more.

So to go 8 straight without one drop would be extremely unlikely (~0.0015% chance assuming the probability of at least 1 is 75%). Is anyone else having this problem? I need my iron ore!!!

Thanks in advance.

susbebe
04-23-13, 02:01 PM
Hi, I have same problem also whit stable and hatchery is some item going down ��

Sobepeng
04-23-13, 02:16 PM
I find that the mines are not a reliable enough source for iron ore. I have not had that bad of luck though.

I have started to invest into buying iron rich rocks when needed. I know they are pricy, but it is worth it when you really need iron ore.

journeysmom
04-23-13, 02:27 PM
I am convinced that when you need an item the most, the rate of it's dropping from somewhere decreases significantly!

When I needed glimmer dust, I couldn't get it at all it seemed, now I am maxed out on it. Same with truffles, water, jewels, etc.!

sdwombat
04-23-13, 02:31 PM
I am convinced that when you need an item the most, the rate of it's dropping from somewhere decreases significantly!

When I needed glimmer dust, I couldn't get it at all it seemed, now I am maxed out on it. Same with truffles, water, jewels, etc.!

Amen to that! It's like TL is watching us--when I needed mermaid scales, I got fish. Now that I want fish, I am maxed out on mermaid scales. The list goes on--Prime cuts, pink furs, etc. My inventory run with over now that there is no goal LOL!!!

Frosty_Wench
04-23-13, 02:32 PM
I find that the mines are not a reliable enough source for iron ore. I have not had that bad of luck though.

I have started to invest into buying iron rich rocks when needed. I know they are pricy, but it is worth it when you really need iron ore.

I agree that collecting iron from mines is slow, but I almost always got at least 1-2 ore per collection with an occasional 3-4 and about 15-25 per day. Now I've gotten 0 for 2 straight days. Something doesn't feel right.

FWIW, I upgraded a mine to level 2 right around the time that I noticed the drops had stopped. I still have one lvl 1 mine though and that's not dropping iron either.

kaylsce
04-23-13, 02:45 PM
Hi! I totally agree with the drops. It seems whenever you need something for a goal it is harder to get, like at the moment I'm getting few iron ore drops, when I was maxed out on it not long ago so was wasting it!! I think that all drops are guided by what level you are on. To try to get you to spend more gold and/ or encourage you to buy gems, which I don't buy coz I think is kind of like *****ing!! Doesn't feel like you're working for it!! Plus from the free gems I have been given I can see how easy it is to accidentally click on a building to speed it up then gems go down quick!! I think most if my free gems got used this way!! Very frustrating. Good luck on your iron ore hunt!! I just keep getting more iron rich rock piles!! Expensive but you do get more out than mining!

bowlfullofcherries
04-23-13, 03:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a strategy TL employs to keep the game interesting. Maybe even to lead to improvements. It'd be boring if everything we needed was too readily available. It's probably meant to keep game flow going without either irritating us too much or giving us too easy a time of it. I'm sure finding a balance is difficult.

Of course I noticed the decreased drop rate but it hasn't got me overly frustrated as: a) it's been happening in some form or another the entire time I've played and b) the game has gradually become more entertaining- not less.

If I ever feel that the company's sole purpose has become to make money as opposed to giving the consumer a fun experience I'll quit playing. It's as simple as that.

wassupbaby
04-23-13, 03:13 PM
Amen to that! It's like TL is watching us--when I needed mermaid scales, I got fish. Now that I want fish, I am maxed out on mermaid scales. The list goes on--Prime cuts, pink furs, etc. My inventory run with over now that there is no goal LOL!!!

You gotta be kidding me ! I've never eveeer managed to max on MS and it's the only item i find hard to get.

sdwombat
04-23-13, 03:18 PM
You gotta be kidding me ! I've never eveeer managed to max on MS and it's the only item i find hard to get.

All you need to do is try fishing for the Meat Delivery in the Royal Exchange. Mermaid scales aplenty, fish not so much.

vchanhs
04-23-13, 05:27 PM
I need jewels. 230 jewels to be exact. Mines are giving me 1 per collection and that's at level 5. Rocks give very little too and takes up too much energy....sigh...

sdwombat
04-23-13, 06:44 PM
I need jewels. 230 jewels to be exact. Mines are giving me 1 per collection and that's at level 5. Rocks give very little too and takes up too much energy....sigh...

You need to find yourself 20 generous neighbors to gift you every day then (good luck with that, let me know if it works, lol!)

journeysmom
04-23-13, 07:29 PM

Just out of curiousity, what requires 230 jewels at that level? I am more than happy to send jewels, but do not remember needing that many at level 5!

vchanhs
04-23-13, 07:57 PM
Just out of curiousity, what requires 230 jewels at that level? I am more than happy to send jewels, but do not remember needing that many at level 5!

2 level 5 stables = 2 x 8 (4 beams and 4 blocks) x 3= 48
2 level 5 sawmills = 2 x 20 (10 beams and 10 blocks) x 3 = 120
2 level 3 windmills = 2 x 8 (4 beams and 4 blocks) x 3 = 48
4 level 5 lantern spires = 4 x 10 = 40

Total = 48+120+48+40= 248

After deducting what I have on hand, need about 200+.

laVirtualCloset
04-24-13, 08:12 PM

I maxed out on mermaid scales also. It took a week but about a month ago i got tired of the shortage so focused my energy use to collecting from ponds and wells whenever i could. It took me about 6 days with 4 ponds and 1 well but i got to 99. Now, i don't let the count go below 80. Usually, i'll keep it in the low 90's. i totally ignore the VDay adventure and primarily focus on scales needed for lumin essence. Occasionally, i'll brew the blue bottled stuff or super glue but I've built up a small reserve these and only brew them when i'm low on earth wisps needed for lumin essence.

I now have a nice inventory of lumin essence since they don't get used. Given my good fortune of receiving all the upgrades, i'm forced to primarily do the eggs and dairy exchange for accumulating trade tickets. Of course this makes the roaming bandits adventure a no brainer for me.

laVirtualCloset
04-24-13, 08:19 PM
I have no problem with iron ore only because i'm buying the iron rich rock to fill any shortages. This is a guaranteed source for iron ore. It's pricer than the rock outcropping but its only coins (of which i have more than i need) and its a guaranteed drop. My problem is coal, my drop rate has slowed to a trickle. I appreciate the earth wisps and wisp lanterns i sometimes get from my lvl 5 mines but the coal drop rate is still a problem for me.

sdwombat
04-24-13, 08:23 PM
I have no problem with iron ore only because i'm buying the iron rich rock to fill any shortages. This is a guaranteed source for iron ore. It's pricer than the rock outcropping but its only coins (of which i have more than i need) and its a guaranteed drop. My problem is coal, my drop rate has slowed to a trickle. I appreciate the earth wisps and wisp lanterns i sometimes get from my lvl 5 mines but the coal drop rate is still a problem for me.

I have 2 level 4 mines, & have also noticed a rather significant drop off in coal as well.

laVirtualCloset
04-24-13, 08:34 PM
I have 2 level 4 mines, & have also noticed a rather significant drop off in coal as well.

I wish there we could buy a guaranteed resource or craft it in the magic forge. The possible materials could be living wood (or the deed wood tree), seedlings, and water.

laVirtualCloset
04-24-13, 08:34 PM
I wish "that"

kaif8770
05-30-13, 04:47 AM

When The tablet of tabernum drops the first knowledge shard you get a goal to research the aquifiers. After completing the goal you get something like 1-2 fish and 2 mermaid scales per 3 drops. I have 30 ms in my inventory

RotomGuy
05-30-13, 05:09 AM
I've been maxed out on coal for a month now, even when I make one or two Wisp Lanterns my coal shoots right back up. Then I unlock Lumin Essence and all my Coal disappears faster than Gems in a Gem Trap and no more is appearing :0

Lilipipi
05-30-13, 10:59 AM
When The tablet of tabernum drops the first knowledge shard you get a goal to research the aquifiers. After completing the goal you get something like 1-2 fish and 2 mermaid scales per 3 drops. I have 30 ms in my inventory

I have all four shards, but I only get 1-2 mermaid scales from my 6 wells.

lotuskat
05-30-13, 11:05 AM
I have all four shards, but I only get 1-2 mermaid scales from my 6 wells.

I think there was a general reduction in the chances of getting mermaid scales, but at least you still get the opportunity to find 2 mermaid scales in one drop as opposed to being limited to 1 scale per drop.

RotomGuy
05-30-13, 11:17 AM
I think there was a general reduction in the chances of getting mermaid scales, but at least you still get the opportunity to find 2 mermaid scales in one drop as opposed to being limited to 1 scale per drop.

I think he means overall. As in, 4-5 wells don't drop any scales.