PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drop when harvesting

stormidwombat
04-21-13, 01:19 PM
I just installed Castle Story on a new device. I had forgotten how the quests came thick and fast back then. I am now level 6, with 85 gems, and I am getting energy when I harvest - not every time, but pretty often. Did this always happen or is this just one of those random things? If if did always happen, can anyone remember the level at which it dropped off?

Baraze
04-21-13, 01:54 PM
I was told this happened when you collected the 4th shard. I guess it's something that occurs randomly now? On my other game, I'm level 24 and don't have any energy from when I harvest.

bowlfullofcherries
04-21-13, 01:59 PM
No, they definitely happened early on then stopped at some point later in the game. I don't remember when that is, though. Drops, of course, begin again after the third shard.

stormidwombat
04-21-13, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far. Will continue playing and see when they stop... Well as long as they stop reasonably early otherwise I'll be playing two games... And life is too short for that!

maguar
04-21-13, 02:58 PM
Starting players are given a random chance of energy from any action up to and including level 10. Once you hit level 11 you'll need the third shard to get energy from crops.

bloodygodess
04-22-13, 04:16 AM
Can castle story get more energy ... Or is it jest 30?

lotuskat
04-22-13, 07:10 AM

Most players have an energy cap of 30. Players who have been playing CS since its testing stages have an energy cap of 40. I hope TL increases the caps, though, just like they did with City Story Metro!

midnightmeerkat
04-22-13, 01:34 PM
you can get an extra 10 energy by visiting neighbours.... Also the royal exchange and wizard school give energy

stormidwombat
04-22-13, 02:49 PM
you can get an extra 10 energy by visiting neighbours.... Also the royal exchange and wizard school give energy

As do adventures and Sir P (on the very odd occasion)

bowlfullofcherries
04-22-13, 03:01 PM

Reaaallllly....? I've got to time this now. Recently I've been helping neighbors daily because there's just not enough energy to go around. I hadn't made a habit of it because... well, I'm lazy and I've got a lot of neighbors. It takes about fifteen minutes to go through them all. I've come away with twenty energy points once or twice, but usually it'll be twelve to sixteen. Seeing as I go in with zero energy, I'd like to know if what you said is accurate. Or maybe my game is glitchy?

But I can do without a fix if that's the case! :)

Also, I could be wrong. -.-

maguar
04-22-13, 03:13 PM
It's 10 max for visiting. Don't forget your energy is still recharging while you visit. So 15 minutes = 5 energy.

bowlfullofcherries
04-22-13, 03:15 PM
Gotcha. I guessed my math was faulty. Lol! Thank you, maguar.

maz3girl
04-22-13, 04:13 PM
This just started happening to me (especially with sugar cane and wheat). I'm level 26.

maguar
04-23-13, 04:00 AM
This just started happening to me (especially with sugar cane and wheat). I'm level 26.

If you're getting it at level 26 it means you've completed the third shard quest. Congratulations

cutelittlebabypanda
08-24-14, 10:32 AM
If you're getting it at level 26 it means you've completed the third shard quest. Congratulations

Is this info still accurate?
I've completed all shard quests, but got no energy drops from harvesting crops in a very long time. I'm level 29 and haven't seen any energy drops for at least 2 levels. Does it matter where the crop fields are in the land?

dng1234
08-24-14, 12:04 PM
Is this info still accurate?
I've completed all shard quests, but got no energy drops from harvesting crops in a very long time. I'm level 29 and haven't seen any energy drops for at least 2 levels. Does it matter where the crop fields are in the land?

It's a random thing, so depending how large you crop plot is depends on how much energy return you may see. I've had my crops in several different locations and haven't known "location" to be an issue.

cutelittlebabypanda
08-25-14, 05:22 AM
It's a random thing, so depending how large you crop plot is depends on how much energy return you may see. I've had my crops in several different locations and haven't known "location" to be an issue.

I have 3x10 crop fields and i only harvest when i have enough energy to collect at least 10 crops at once. I dont even get 1 energy back no matter what I planted. How many do you harvest at once to see energy drops?

dng1234
08-25-14, 08:12 AM
I have 3x10 crop fields and i only harvest when i have enough energy to collect at least 10 crops at once. I dont even get 1 energy back no matter what I planted. How many do you harvest at once to see energy drops?

I have a large plot of about 50 spots. I can usually get enough energy to harvest all my plots plus hit a building or two. If you're getting nothing over multiple harvest...then try deleting and reinstalling the game and see if that helps. (You won't lose your game. Your progress is saved on the TL servers.) If your still having issues after that you may want to send in a help ticket or put a post up in the bugs/issues forum.

Hope your able to get this resolved.

cutelittlebabypanda
08-26-14, 06:23 AM
I have a large plot of about 50 spots. I can usually get enough energy to harvest all my plots plus hit a building or two. If you're getting nothing over multiple harvest...then try deleting and reinstalling the game and see if that helps. (You won't lose your game. Your progress is saved on the TL servers.) If your still having issues after that you may want to send in a help ticket or put a post up in the bugs/issues forum.

Hope your able to get this resolved.

Reinstalling and restarting the device didnt help.
How do i send in a help ticket? Tried to do it in the bug issues forum, but it says i have no access to it :/

meme1098
08-26-14, 06:40 AM
Reinstalling and restarting the device didnt help.
How do i send in a help ticket? Tried to do it in the bug issues forum, but it says i have no access to it :/

Send an email to support & they can look into your game.

Support@teamlava.com

Include your ID, Kingdom name & level to help them locate your game.

cutelittlebabypanda
09-19-14, 05:54 AM
Send an email to support & they can look into your game.

Support@teamlava.com

Include your ID, Kingdom name & level to help them locate your game.

It resolved by itself. I had to do the third shard again or the first time at level 29/30. not sure how i activated it. Anyway, now im getting energy drop too :) thanks for all your help .

chalupa2030
09-19-14, 06:10 AM
I know the OP is old, but I get energy when I harvest, very cool!

meme1098
09-19-14, 06:26 AM
That extra bonus comes from one of the shards. ;)

CuteTali
09-19-14, 07:13 AM
What is this shard everyone is talking about and where can I get one? I'm always low on energy when I need it. They need to let you hold more energy as you level, 40 is not enough, it means you have to check the game every 2 hours (!!), which is hard to find the time for. I want to be able to log in once or twice a day and have energy stored until then, so that I can do everything I need to do for the day at once. Trying to log in every 2 hours is driving me nuts! :mad:

PurpleScorpion76
09-19-14, 08:40 AM
What is this shard everyone is talking about and where can I get one? I'm always low on energy when I need it. They need to let you hold more energy as you level, 40 is not enough, it means you have to check the game every 2 hours (!!), which is hard to find the time for. I want to be able to log in once or twice a day and have energy stored until then, so that I can do everything I need to do for the day at once. Trying to log in every 2 hours is driving me nuts! :mad:

Don't think that's going to happen, the best I get is first thing in the morning when I'm at my cap of 40, both wizard schools are ready to be tapped and the knights have come back from their latest adventure, somewhere between 64 energy and 93 depending on the energy return on the adventure. Unless you do an energy trade or make some faerie elixir the above is the best you'll get or the 40 every 2 hours. Then of course there is also the 10 from visiting neighbours. But you can't build energy passed 40 at the moment.

meme1098
09-19-14, 09:05 AM

Shards are a rare drop from the tablet of tabernum. That stone monument with the hieroglyphs on its sides. There are 4 shards associated with it. Have you expanded there yet?

Here's Dabag's post on it :
Post #63

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481949&viewfull=1

Extra energy drops from
1. adventures, (that sometimes takes me over 40)
2. Wizard schools (leveled up gives 9 each)
3. From visiting nbrs. (Watch the popup when visiting, it can be energy (lightning bolt), coins, or experience(blue star)
4. Pinkie (the pink alicorn if you're lucky enough to have gotten her)
5. Fruit Trade & Meat delivery in the Royal Exchange (either royal fruit or magic fruit)
6. Refunded energy collecting crops (if you have the agriculture research shard from tablet)
7. Crafting faerie elixir in the greenhouse gives 20 energy
8. Sir piggie is known to drop energy on rare occasions

I think that's it. If I missed any, someone let me know

roguebee
09-19-14, 10:09 AM
With the greenhouse, growing fairiebulb seeds sometimes give a little energy (4 usually) and you can craft fairie elixir for 20 energy. There are also two more trades in the Royal Exchange that gives energy, Magic Fruit and Meat Delivery.

meme1098
09-19-14, 10:43 AM
With the greenhouse, growing fairiebulb seeds sometimes give a little energy (4 usually) and you can craft fairie elixir for 20 energy. There are also two more trades in the Royal Exchange that gives energy, Magic Fruit and Meat Delivery.

Yes, thanks, roguebee. Forgot about that one. Will add it.

zenobia42
09-19-14, 10:50 AM
Also, Sir Pigglesworth has a rare drop of 30 energy. Just another reason to ALWAYS collect from the cute little guy, even if he usually gives you something your maxed on (truffles, anyone?)

meme1098
09-19-14, 10:53 AM
Also added. Thks zenobia. It's starting to really add up.

CuteTali
09-19-14, 02:15 PM
Don't think that's going to happen, the best I get is first thing in the morning when I'm at my cap of 40, both wizard schools are ready to be tapped and the knights have come back from their latest adventure, somewhere between 64 energy and 93 depending on the energy return on the adventure. Unless you do an energy trade or make some faerie elixir the above is the best you'll get or the 40 every 2 hours. Then of course there is also the 10 from visiting neighbours. But you can't build energy passed 40 at the moment.

Thanks. I am currently trying to save up gems to buy my first wizard school, but somehow keep losing gems on accidental taps. I do knight adventures every day, visit all neighbours every day for the chance of energy drop and do energy trades whenever I have enough meat/fruit available. They should let the natural energy hold up to 100 or so though, so that I can still play without checking on the game all the time.

Shards are a rare drop from the tablet of tabernum. That stone monument with the hieroglyphs on its sides. There are 4 shards associated with it. Have you expanded there yet?

Here's Dabag's post on it :
Post #63

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481949&viewfull=1

Extra energy drops from
1. adventures, (that sometimes takes me over 40)
2. Wizard schools (leveled up gives 9 each)
3. From visiting nbrs. (Watch the popup when visiting, it can be energy (lightning bolt), coins, or experience(blue star)
4. Pinkie (the pink alicorn if you're lucky enough to have gotten her)
5. Fruit Trade & Meat delivery in the Royal Exchange (either royal fruit or magic fruit)
6. Refunded energy collecting crops (if you have the agriculture research shard from tablet)
7. Crafting faerie elixir in the greenhouse gives 20 energy
8. Sir piggie is known to drop energy on rare occasions

I think that's it. If I missed any, someone let me know

I am also trying to unlock sir pigglesworth, but that ultra rare apple has yet to drop in all my adventures in castle land. I wasn't playing castle story when they were selling the pink alicorn and my crops don't give out energy, only use it. I unlocked the expansion area for the tablet, trying to build up that book, but glimmerdust is so rare to come by, it doesn't drop from sawmills or mines like other ingredients, so now I'm trying to unlock the expansion area for the rainbow thing, I heard it drops some dust.

PurpleScorpion76
09-19-14, 03:16 PM
The rainbow thing is the Magic Garden and that's where I got my first elusive golden apple. I know people are suggesting a rise to 50. It'll help first thing in the morning for me.

PurpleScorpion76
10-06-14, 05:00 PM
I got to Level 40 and just discovered that sometimes you get two of your harvest, now I know why sometimes I max out when I've perfectly calculated how many to plant.

Anaboe
10-06-14, 06:38 PM
Sometimes I make a profit when slaying a skunkupine or fangbeast, but most of the time I play even, or loose a little. The boars always cost energy.