PDA

View Full Version : Food price is ridiculious

elektraalpha
04-21-13, 08:16 AM
Actually.
You get 6 units for 30 coins. = 5 coins/unit
20 units for 120 coins = 6 coins/unit
50 units for 650 coins = 13 coins/unit

What the hell, price should be dropped per unit for batch buy? And this doesn't count more time to wait on more food.

kurebiz
04-21-13, 08:20 AM
Actually.

What the hell, price should be dropped per unit for batch buy? And this doesn't count more time to wait on more food.

Because you don't have to tend to the food as often. Increased convenience = higher costs.

glitterbabies
04-21-13, 10:31 AM
if you have the time it is much more cost effective to plant/harvest the buffbeets.

You get 100 food for 600 coins v. 50 for 650 coins.

It's time consuming but I do it while I'm watching television and it takes no time at all to plant/harvest thousands of pieces of food in an hour with the 3 min harvest time.

itzjulezzz
04-21-13, 01:05 PM
I have six mystic farms, four always grow scalypears (twenty hours) & two always grow diamondates (five hours) my food is at 373,505 to get a dragon to epic it usually takes around 150,000 but with the slow breeding I can usually get it all back by the time I have to do it again by that growing pattern. HONESTLY, just like when they give us new dragons they give us a new habitat, when they up the food this much, they should at least let us have ONE more farm.

elitaserina
04-21-13, 01:10 PM
Because you don't have to tend to the food as often. Increased convenience = higher costs.
ya but you have to wait forever for a small amount of food. it's not more convenient. if you plant the buffbeets you get a lot more food in the same amount of time for less coins. so if you plant the larger crops you get less food per day for more money

elitaserina
04-21-13, 01:12 PM
if you have the time it is much more cost effective to plant/harvest the buffbeets.

You get 100 food for 600 coins v. 50 for 650 coins.

It's time consuming but I do it while I'm watching television and it takes no time at all to plant/harvest thousands of pieces of food in an hour with the 3 min harvest time.

ha i didn't see this:) that is exactly what i do

zhynabella
04-21-13, 03:58 PM
Ok I feel mocked. I have a boosted breed of 50k and the cool news is that I compared the stock up cost for buying apples with the ones on my hubby's iPhone and this is lame. I found out that he can buy the following gold for

http://i.imgur.com/swrvyWk.png

and I have this..

http://i.imgur.com/eNqUztn.png

WHY?

Autorithy
04-21-13, 04:03 PM
So for you buying a Breeded Boost would cost like 200 golds, your game is seriously messed up! too bad for you I hope Teamlava will do something about
Ok I feel mocked. I have a boosted breed of 50k and the cool news is that I compared the stock up cost for buying apples with the ones on my hubby's iPhone and this is lame. I found out that he can buy the following gold for

and I have this..

WHY?

sweetstuff525
04-21-13, 04:04 PM

and I have this..

WHY?

Tl is testing out the market so everyone gets different prices on stuff and other have shorter breed times and some double breeding times. It's supposed to prolong the game for new old and existing players

It's just random

Autorithy
04-21-13, 04:06 PM
well no, more.. something like 545 gold, that's crazy cost for a boosted breed

Autorithy
04-21-13, 04:11 PM
This testing out the market has just no purpose o being tested in such way, is just wrong on my opinion and if they want customers to test things for them then they also should give them the building to make samurai dragon on the other stuff, I think customers (not beta testers) should have a fair game when there is also money involved, and when they rush people with limited edition dragons, they should give same chances to everyone otherwise it's ovbvius that there will be drama and complaints

kurebiz
04-21-13, 05:09 PM
ya but you have to wait forever for a small amount of food. it's not more convenient. if you plant the buffbeets you get a lot more food in the same amount of time for less coins. so if you plant the larger crops you get less food per day for more money

I guess if you like or don't mind having to tend to the game so many times then sure.. but I'm level 94, I've 17m in coins and 900k food. No way I'm going to plant 30 sec food anymore lol.

zhynabella
04-21-13, 05:26 PM
the point is the I'm level 80. I been playing since dec 19th and sadly love the game so much my land has progressed. The passion dragon will be removed tomorrow 4/22 at 1000 and I have no way to spend 500 gold to buy apples with my stated price to try a chance with boosted breed since the price for that is 50,000 apples and not 10gold nor 100,000coins as other players.. I am using version 1.3 on iOS device. I feel worst than an Android user :P

zhynabella
04-21-13, 05:27 PM
the point is that I'm level 80. I been playing since dec 19th and sadly love the game so much my land has progressed. The passion dragon will be removed tomorrow 4/22 at 1000 and I have no way to spend 500 gold to buy apples with my stated price to try a chance with boosted breed since the price for that is 50,000 apples and not 10gold nor 100,000coins as other players.. I am using version 1.3 on iOS device. I feel worst than an Android user :P

midnightmeerkat
04-21-13, 05:42 PM
I guess if you like or don't mind having to tend to the game so many times then sure.. but I'm level 94, I've 17m in coins and 900k food. No way I'm going to plant 30 sec food anymore lol.

I'm level 76, have 20mil in coins and 50k in food. I generally plant 5 hour crops but will plant the 3 min if I need to get my stocks up and I'm watching tv. No problem.

midnightmeerkat
04-21-13, 05:49 PM
the point is that I'm level 80. I been playing since dec 19th and sadly love the game so much my land has progressed. The passion dragon will be removed tomorrow 4/22 at 1000 and I have no way to spend 500 gold to buy apples with my stated price to try a chance with boosted breed since the price for that is 50,000 apples and not 10gold nor 100,000coins as other players.. I am using version 1.3 on iOS device. I feel worst than an Android user :P
To me that seems to be a separate issue ... the food costs are the same across the board and i have no problem with that, the problem is the unevenness and imbalance in the prices, times and availability with the boosted breeding, breeding, stables, etc that we are seeing in the game.

zhynabella
04-21-13, 06:00 PM
Is not the same cost. the pictures I posted earlier on this thread was about buying gold and not planting. either planting 50,000 apples is like 5million coins for the 5 hour diamondates which i don't have because I just bought the cosmic habitat. To me buying 5k in coins is like <1000gold. All I am saying is that prices are way too off.

my coin price

http://i.imgur.com/MdgSVaz.png

and his

http://i.imgur.com/RskarUQ.png

To me that seems to be a separate issue ... the food costs are the same across the board and i have no problem with that, the problem is the unevenness and imbalance in the prices, times and availability with the boosted breeding, breeding, stables, etc that we are seeing in the game.

kurebiz
04-21-13, 06:04 PM

Android are still using the old food costs, hence the hundreds of thousands of food.

zhynabella
04-21-13, 06:09 PM
we both own iPhone 4s, same phone and app version. that's why I don't get it

midnightmeerkat
04-21-13, 06:55 PM
Is not the same cost. the pictures I posted earlier on this thread was about buying gold and not planting. either planting 50,000 apples is like 5million coins for the 5 hour diamondates which i don't have because I just bought the cosmic habitat. To me buying 5k in coins is like <1000gold. All I am saying is that prices are way too off.

my coin price

and his

I agree that to buy the food is not the same across the board..... The OP was taking issue with the planting/harvesting cost and times which was what I was talking about in my post

zhynabella
04-21-13, 07:00 PM
yeah whatever. when the game is supposed to be my zen, ends up stressing me out more than science.

midnightmeerkat
04-21-13, 07:08 PM
yeah whatever. when the game is supposed to be my zen, ends up stressing me out more than science.

Yup we are all in the same boat as you in different areas of the game

elitaserina
04-21-13, 08:02 PM
i'm level 50 and the food is going out faster than i can grow it. i can't wait to get to the point where i can make some headway. i feel like they need to make the game more challenging for higher levels and more user friendly for us newer guys.

elitaserina
04-21-13, 08:17 PM

and I have this..

WHY?
ya mine is way different than both of yours. i wish i had what your husband does. that doesn't seem right at all! what would the testing show? i'm sure people still buy the coins and food not knowing that things are different for other players and go broke doing it. that really upsets me!

elitaserina
04-21-13, 08:20 PM

my coin price

and his

are you guys different levels? or i it different for every player? geez he's got it good lol i get 142,000 for 20 gold. i wonder how they justify this?

elitaserina
04-21-13, 08:37 PM
i wonder is the actual cost of gold different for people too?

zhynabella
04-21-13, 08:40 PM
there is no justification, other than there is no care of costumers nor respect for them. its upsetting having to experience this, specially since we are talking real money being exchanged into money for the game. it is not a game where the person is winning anything from it. it is actually a game where the user puts effort, time and money into it for bad service on a *****ed app.

zhynabella
04-21-13, 08:43 PM
we checked on that and amazingly there is no difference. He was hoping to have the luck and double his gold as well but nop, TL isn't doing this just by a glitch. It is obvious what results they are expecting out of this situation.

i wonder is the actual cost of gold different for people too?

zhynabella
04-21-13, 08:48 PM
im level 80 and he is 94. we started playing less than a month apart.

kurebiz
04-21-13, 09:18 PM
i'm level 50 and the food is going out faster than i can grow it. i can't wait to get to the point where i can make some headway. i feel like they need to make the game more challenging for higher levels and more user friendly for us newer guys.

Yeah ios has it harder because of the higher food costs. But you guys have all the updates and new beta features so can't have everything lol.

zhynabella
04-21-13, 09:26 PM
kurebiz, lets not get there because that is another problem. i am on iOS and have not gotten the updates or new features such as the stable nor the diamond mine as my husband does. i am not beta tester, have received no updates and have extremely high prices.

kurebiz
04-21-13, 10:18 PM
kurebiz, lets not get there because that is another problem. i am on iOS and have not gotten the updates or new features such as the stable nor the diamond mine as my husband does. i am not beta tester, have received no updates and have extremely high prices.

That is another problem? You're talking about unfairness, so how is it different? Too bad for you that you're not a beta tester, well. Neither am I so who's counting? The updates haven't been rolled out yet so Ofc you don't have the updates. My point is, TL has always been unfair, just as life is. You can't have everything going your way :)

elitaserina
04-21-13, 10:26 PM
Yeah ios has it harder because of the higher food costs. But you guys have all the updates and new beta features so can't have everything lol.
android does?

DevonM88
04-21-13, 10:27 PM
My point is, TL has always been unfair, just as life is. You can't have everything going your way :)
With regards to video games, every player should be able to have more or less the same exact experience. The only variation should occur in player s****, and time & effort invested into it.

That said, this is clearly not a video game but simply a fun waste of time. I mean honestly, what do you do other than get dragons that just hang out and tap on stuff to collect things?
If they gave everyone the same version of the game, and then added some actual gameplay mechanics to it, then it would be something serious.

elektraalpha
04-21-13, 10:36 PM
OP here
It's not fair for a starter. I'm just lv 7 and that takes more time and coins which I don't have much on beginning.

kurebiz
04-21-13, 10:37 PM
android does?

The only beta test we have is the current one to the gold/breeding times. We have no access to feature testing. If you see gemstone dragons on an android island, they bought it with coins. If you see the quest outpost, it is because of the gem cluster.. tl added the gem cluster on the island and the quest outpost appears, but it can't be used at all.

we have dragon updates. No feature updates. No trading/crafting/boosts.

With regards to video games, every player should be able to have more or less the same exact experience. The only variation should occur in player s****, and time & effort invested into it.

That said, this is clearly not a video game but simply a fun waste of time. I mean honestly, what do you do other than get dragons that just hang out and tap on stuff to collect things?
If they gave everyone the same version of the game, and then added some actual gameplay mechanics to it, then it would be something serious.

But it has never been fair from the start, eg: some ppl only have to evolve twice because they started playing earlier, etc. That may be a reward to them, no doubt, but it is still unfair.

elektraalpha
04-21-13, 10:42 PM
Also this is on Spring ver. on android. I never get this ridiculous method on Bakery, Fashion or even Farm.

elitaserina
04-21-13, 10:54 PM
i know i'm on android which is why i was confused by your response to my post

elektraalpha
04-21-13, 11:05 PM
??? I don't directly reply you. Your post? Which one?

kurebiz
04-21-13, 11:32 PM

If you're talking about the food costs in android, the newer apps (ds v day, Easter, spring and original) show the new food costs. However, when you quit and reopen the game, the differences in food is reimbursed back to you. You can download the new dawn app and use it for feeding your dragons, it shows the old costs even for the newer dragons like mythic.

newer dragons have much higher food costs than older ones, so try you might want to try and breed those with lower food costs first, get them to epic (get all the super rares to epic first, than the rares). It will help with making coins. Try to get a diamond, if you don't have 1 yet. All these will help to generate more coins so you will be able to afford the more exp food more quickly (those on enchanted farms)

metalsubzero
04-21-13, 11:51 PM
If you're talking about the food costs in android, the newer apps (ds v day, Easter, spring and original) show the new food costs. However, when you quit and reopen the game, the differences in food is reimbursed back to you. You can download the new dawn app and use it for feeding your dragons, it shows the old costs even for the newer dragons like mythic.

newer dragons have much higher food costs than older ones, so try you might want to try and breed those with lower food costs first, get them to epic (get all the super rares to epic first, than the rares). It will help with making coins. Try to get a diamond, if you don't have 1 yet. All these will help to generate more coins so you will be able to afford the more exp food more quickly (those on enchanted farms)

Oh, so this isnt a glitch? I tot it was a glitch so I've been keepin quiet.. Hopefully it doesnt change.. 50,000 to get epic night is crazy..

maguar
04-22-13, 01:22 AM
Hi everyone. Just a reminder that this is not a thread on iOS/android parity. There is already a thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49306-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-3&p=587567&viewfull=1#post587567) on that topic.

elitaserina
04-22-13, 10:08 AM

i don't understand your explanation. i have to remove and download the app at least once a day and i don't see any difference with my food. i'm on spring edition. also i am finding it impossible to bread diamond any suggestions?

elitaserina
04-22-13, 10:13 AM
Oh, so this isnt a glitch? I tot it was a glitch so I've been keepin quiet.. Hopefully it doesnt change.. 50,000 to get epic night is crazy..

i know! i'm trying to grow food like crazy to get my 2 nights to epic. but it depresses me that 5 or more days of intense food managing will disappear in a second!

kurebiz
04-22-13, 10:31 AM
i don't understand your explanation. i have to remove and download the app at least once a day and i don't see any difference with my food. i'm on spring edition. also i am finding it impossible to bread diamond any suggestions?

Diamond is ultra rare, just breed any 4 colours. You can either go for a combination with short fail times, or a combination that the outcomes have more dragons that you don't already have. Try to stick to the combination for a while. You can check the diamond thread for more information.

Android food costs is around 10k per dragon, even if they are the new ones (eg: easter, night, mythic, etc). When you feed the dragons using spring edition, they will deduct huge amounts, according to the amounts listed there. But when you exit and open the app again, the difference between the new amounts and the old amounts (the older dragons like, red dragon) will be returned back to you. This had been reported in the android parity thread 3 a while back (I highly suggest checking for more info, or asking around on the android parity thread). I personally use the new dawn app for feeding my dragons, so I will not see any "return" of food because when I feed on ND, I'm already feeding using the old costs. If you are feeding the older dragons (eg: fairy, purple hybrids), you will not get any food returned to you because those are the dragons that uses the old food costs. You should see the "food returns" only when you feed the dragons with the new food costs.

kooky panda
04-22-13, 10:35 AM
Thread has gone off topic from the original post. Reminder of topic

Actually.
Waht the hell, price should be dropped per unit for batch buy? And this doesn't count more time to wait on more food.

If you would like to continue to discuss the cost of feeding dragons you can here. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36022-Feeding-Dragons&p=568237&viewfull=1#post568237) and for android partity you can post here.
(http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49306-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-3&p=587567&viewfull=1#post587567)

elitaserina
04-22-13, 10:36 AM
Diamond is ultra rare, just breed any 4 colours. You can either go for a combination with short fail times, or a combination that the outcomes have more dragons that you don't already have. Try to stick to the combination for a while. You can check the diamond thread for more information.

Android food costs is around 10k per dragon, even if they are the new ones (eg: easter, night, mythic, etc). When you feed the dragons using spring edition, they will deduct huge amounts, according to the amounts listed there. But when you exit and open the app again, the difference between the new amounts and the old amounts (the older dragons like, red dragon) will be returned back to you. This had been reported in the android parity thread 3 a while back (I highly suggest checking for more info, or asking around on the android parity thread). I personally use the new dawn app for feeding my dragons, so I will not see any "return" of food because when I feed on ND, I'm already feeding using the old costs. If you are feeding the older dragons (eg: fairy, purple hybrids), you will not get any food returned to you because those are the dragons that uses the old food costs. You should see the "food returns" only when you feed the dragons with the new food costs.

okay. so just uninstall and re-install spring? is it better to just go with ND?