PDA

View Full Version : Crashing, crashing and more crashing

sparklable
04-21-13, 02:09 AM
Uber annoying and has only been going on fir the last couple of days. Mid way through doing something, screen freezes and then it crashes. Wouldn't mind too much but it takes for ever to re load.

I'm using an Ipod

kooky panda
04-21-13, 08:51 AM
Which Ipod do you have?
What is its current IOS version? Under settings-general.

What is the version number of the game your are playing?
Under menu-help-small number at the bottom.

ravenkills13
04-25-13, 06:19 PM
This started happening to me too as of today. I even played this morning but 6 hours later and now it keeps crashing upon opening. This am when I was able to get on it ended up crashing in the middle of buying food. I gave up after it crashed 5x of trying to load back up. From there on I have been able to get past intro screen.

I have an iPod touch 2ndg 8gig. Dragon story is the only thing on the iPod. It's iOS version is 4.2.1. There are no further iOS updates for my device sadly. Dragon story has worked all this time! Why does it stop now?

ravenkills13
04-25-13, 06:23 PM
And yes I've already tried to restart my iPod and held down the buttons and restarted it that way many times too.

TinksThots
04-25-13, 11:10 PM
This started happening to me too as of today. I even played this morning but 6 hours later and now it keeps crashing upon opening. This am when I was able to get on it ended up crashing in the middle of buying food. I gave up after it crashed 5x of trying to load back up. From there on I have been able to get past intro screen.

I have an iPod touch 2ndg 8gig. Dragon story is the only thing on the iPod. It's iOS version is 4.2.1. There are no further iOS updates for my device sadly. Dragon story has worked all this time! Why does it stop now?
Exact same situation, exact same device, except mine has more apps on it. Dragon and Castle crash like this all the time, most often when I'm trying to go to the Market or visit neighbors, even those on lower levels than me with fewer things on their islands. Bakery and Restaurant run like a dream, though. I don't get it. I've done all the game restarting, device restarting, and device hard restarting a person can do, with no change. I'm on the verge of a factory reset, but I REALLY don't want to do that and find out that that doesn't work either... :(

ravenkills13
04-26-13, 09:28 AM
I'm sure this must be something that is targetting our device software. Especially since there was a recent update(most likely excluding us from being able to play since its older gen iPod.) I used to have 2 other games by them on my iPod but I deleted them in hopes it would fix the problem. Which it didnt. I'm going to be very sad if the game no longer supports our device. :(

Mine had same prob. I stop visiting nbrs since the app would crash. Then Id find that anything I'd done prior had to be done all over again. Each task would lag. I don't need fanscy update. New dragons, sure, but pointless if I can't get my game open, or in the rare occasion it does it crashes in 5 mins. *sigh* I can't afford a new device. :(

ravenkills13
04-26-13, 09:30 AM
I have no way of telling what version of the game I'm playing either. Unless there's a place to find it outside of the app.

Sawabugh
04-28-13, 02:33 PM
Same problem here, too. frequent crashing, nearly impossible to play now. It was happening before but just occasionally, it's now so frequent it's impossible to visit neighbors and sometimes happens at log in or even collecting from my own dragons. Usually it starts though when I attempt to visit, on first nbr!

It got worse after an update so my theory is maybe my old iPad 1 can't handle the updates geared toward the iPhone5? Very frustrating! I had to delete a few TL games due to crashing before, but they mostly crashed while visiting bigger places (Pets, Zoo). I have occasional crashing with all TL games, always while trying to post a message, but not as often so I can still play usually.

I don't have this problem with Non-TL games. Dragon Story is the worst, I hate the idea of deleting it but it's too stressful this way. I play games to distract from pain & stress, not to find more! I've done all the recommended tricks already & I always clear the running apps before opening another. It's frustrating to be told it's on our end when it's obviously a TL problem, I know too many people with same problem on different types of devices.

kooky panda
04-28-13, 04:34 PM
Some older devices may have trouble running the game. The regular Dragon game update (4.1)requires IOS version 4.3 or higher.
I am not sure what the highest IOS is for Ipod 2nd gen and Ipad 1.
You can sync to itunes and make sure you have the most current version for your device.

You may also want to restart your device more frequently. This will help when experiencing issues.

TinksThots
04-28-13, 05:25 PM
The highest ios for 2nd gen ipod touch is 4.2.1. I don't know about ipads.

I just got done downloading all my available updates in itunes the other day (before I knew about these updates), which included the updated versions of DS, CS, BS, and RS, which are all updated to require 4.3 or higher. Now I'm afraid to sync my ipod, and if I ever need to reinstall, looks like my TL gaming days are done.