PDA

View Full Version : Android BS Version Update

OnCloudDivine
04-20-13, 01:20 AM
There is a notification to update my installed version of Bakery Story regular edition in my Google Play. I want to avoid another error like last time's monster pop-up notification glitch. The update doesn't say anything is new, so why am I updating?

OnCloudDivine
04-20-13, 01:22 AM
In case a mod asks, I'm using 1.5.5.7.3

nmishii
04-20-13, 03:57 AM
They don't always update the What's New, so even though it doesn't say anything is new, that doesn't mean there isn't anything new. Mine also said there was an update, and the What's New section says the cookbook now remembers the previous recipe page and the arrow in the market points to the correct item... and both of those were fixed ages ago.

They probably just fixed some bugs, so if you are okay, you don't need to update.

I'll read the reviews in Google Play and check here for what others have posted about the update before I update, because they do have a history of releasing bad updates or having a release with new gem traps.

kooky panda
04-20-13, 07:52 AM
I am seeing that the new Bakery update released today is version 1.5.5.7.4.
Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.bakerystory&feature=search_result#?t=W10.)

After installing, is your game now showing 1.5.5.7.4 or version 1.5.5.7.3?

dinendash7474
04-20-13, 09:01 AM
The update adds the "free gem" ads. Havent seen these in a while but they are those ads that you get 10 free gems for signing up for this and that. In the past, I remember I didnt even get my free gems for some of the surveys I did, ect. If your game is running smoothly I wouldnt even update.

OnCloudDivine
04-20-13, 09:37 PM
Now running current version 1.5.5.7.4 and nothing has changed, no gem offers or ads. A neighbor says she now has a gem icon in the top right corner of her screen that appeared with this update. I'm just not sure, should I expect these ads at any time?

borat2
04-21-13, 02:17 AM
Yes, there is an "earn free gems" add on the right side but I wasn't credited with a gem for watching the Nike video.
Also, I was allowed to watch it only once.

borat2
04-21-13, 03:24 AM
I just got the gem now.

cherryberry9
04-21-13, 09:40 AM
I don't have this free gem add. When can I expect to get it?