PDA

View Full Version : New Game Balance Updates (4/19)

MHz_
04-19-13, 03:28 PM
Here's some new changes we're pushing out today for ALL users:

- All community buildings below level 10 will require no parts, except for the baseball stadium.
- All community buildings give energy back 2 energy at a 100% chance. (Note: you spend 1 when you collect, so you get 1 in total for each collection. If you do this while at max energy, you will not get the energy, as you cannot go beyond the cap.)
- Increased starting energy to 25 (up from 15)
- Increase end cap to 50 (up from 30)

Please leave all your feedback in this thread!

threeway5
04-19-13, 03:42 PM
Thank you so much for these changes!

jonathanharker
04-19-13, 03:42 PM
oh my!!! I can play more that two minutes at a time!!! LOVES it! Thank you!

MHz_
04-19-13, 03:44 PM
If these changes prove to make a significant difference, I'll be able to make more, so tell your fellow city2 players to start playing again! :)

sweetstuff525
04-19-13, 03:54 PM
Maybe I'll re download it since the reason I quit was energy

MHz_
04-19-13, 03:57 PM
It's expected that players will be able to get lots of free energy from their community buildings every 8 hours btw. For those of you playing who feel the changes aren't enough, please let me know what your level is so I can get an understanding of where the tension is. The goal of these changes are to try to help new players and mid-high level existing players.

CatLadyy
04-19-13, 04:00 PM
Thank you so much!! This is great!

psykopod19
04-19-13, 04:10 PM
Awesome!

threeway5
04-19-13, 04:31 PM
Bonus (random) energy from Visiting Neighbors (like Experience or Coins currently) would also be good to increase Energy :)

OpeningCeremony
04-19-13, 05:09 PM
wow now i have to adjust my game play. i definitely didn't really log in much because of the low energy cap. need to buy more businesses and residences now! :)

Charsville
04-19-13, 05:27 PM
Extra energy and a higher energy limit is great. I wish TL would have been honest with me and told me that they were going to implement these changes. I have two large cities and haven't played as much this week due to frustration with game problems. I was planning on taking a break or quitting, and even started removing some buildings.

For over a week Charsville got extra energy with all community buildings, then game would sync taking away the extra energy and putting sparkles back on buildings. I couldn't tell if I was getting any extra energy and the limit was still 30. Worst of all, game did one of its numerous daily syncs right when I leveled up. 73 flashed on screen but the number in the star didnt change. The game made me repeat level 72.

I put in a help request but they never told me my problem prone large city was being used as some kind of test. Instead all I was told was there is nothing they could do about anything lost during a sync. Obviously I'm not happy.

MHz_
04-19-13, 05:39 PM
Extra energy and a higher energy limit is great. I wish TL would have been honest with me and told me that they were going to implement these changes. I have two large cities and haven't played as much this week due to frustration with game problems. I was planning on taking a break or quitting, and even started removing some buildings.

For over a week Charsville got extra energy with all community buildings, then game would sync taking away the extra energy and putting sparkles back on buildings. I couldn't tell if I was getting any extra energy and the limit was still 30. Worst of all, game did one of its numerous daily syncs right when I leveled up. 73 flashed on screen but the number in the star didnt change. The game made me repeat level 72.

I put in a help request but they never told me my problem prone large city was being used as some kind of test. Instead all I was told was there is nothing they could do about anything lost during a sync. Obviously I'm not happy.

Sorry that this wasnt communicated well in the past. I'll be doing what I can to try to get that bug fixed if possible.

MHz_
04-19-13, 05:40 PM
Bonus (random) energy from Visiting Neighbors (like Experience or Coins currently) would also be good to increase Energy :)

Not a bad idea. We'll see how these current changes are received.

phreddyl
04-19-13, 05:41 PM
Very cool! My only other suggestion is to either increase the amount of factories allowed or have them produce more goods at a time. Thanks

MHz_
04-19-13, 05:46 PM
Very cool! My only other suggestion is to either increase the amount of factories allowed or have them produce more goods at a time. Thanks

It's next on my list. Hope to boost the cap to 7, and add new contracts that let you make more (possibly with higher level requirements)

Rutani
04-19-13, 06:05 PM
Finally! Playing was onerous with such a lack of energy. Thank you!

MHz_
04-19-13, 06:14 PM
Finally! Playing was onerous with such a lack of energy. Thank you!

Now the question becomes, is this enough? :)

jtm101
04-19-13, 06:17 PM
Wow, this is a cool change.

I'll need to invest in more residences as i quickly run out of good after using about 5-10 energy on big businesses (200-400+ goods each), and no longer use energy on community collection. I had to pull out my greenhouses just to use this new energy with 3 min contracts.

I'd like to see some big new contracts, that give 500+ goods for 1-4hr periods, even have more short contracts to encourage people to stay in the game and play. E.g 5, 15, 30 mins like you have in Farm Story.

phreddyl
04-19-13, 06:20 PM
It's next on my list. Hope to boost the cap to 7, and add new contracts that let you make more (possibly with higher level requirements)

Looking forward! Thanks

CatLadyy
04-19-13, 06:28 PM

Yes please! That will be fantastic.

elwood99
04-19-13, 07:07 PM
Thank you team lava. 

Riversider
04-19-13, 07:23 PM
Fantastic! I'm at level 33 and the cap on energy was really restricting my progress. The new cap of 50 is great! The limit of 6 industry buildings still prevents me from having more businesses, as I don't like to see them waiting for goods!

MHz_
04-19-13, 08:01 PM
Fantastic! I'm at level 33 and the cap on energy was really restricting my progress. The new cap of 50 is great! The limit of 6 industry buildings still prevents me from having more businesses, as I don't like to see them waiting for goods!

Businesses are clearly the key gating factor that prevents you from making a lot of profit. Anything I do to allow you to earn more goods will likely require expensive contracts or ones that have more restrictions on the level they unlock. I'm definitely open to other suggestions and ideas though for improving the game (done with just changing game values) though :)

hotbeef
04-19-13, 08:22 PM
Need more goods! With as many businesses that have been created in this game, there is no way to keep them supplied. You have some that require more goods but collects in five minutes and there are never enough goods due to a extremely low cap. The cap should be at least doubled

GDude118
04-19-13, 09:11 PM
This is wonderful!! Thank you teamlava!!! MHz, to help with the goods problem, just make it were we can gift goods to neighbors. I know it's been said hundreds of times but, it would really help. Plus a lot more people would clean cities and be social for neighbors if there was a real reason. No gifting and only being able to clean 3 buildings isn't much reason to have neighbors.

bigbux3
04-19-13, 09:12 PM
Thanks for these changes! Now how about adding a gifting system and goals now?!

bigbux3
04-19-13, 09:14 PM
Is it possible to also lower the requirements to build buildings, the prices of each building, and the requirements it takes to get to the next level?

Spiceshirl
04-19-13, 10:12 PM

That would be great because I get really scare when I see business needing good over 300!!! although I really want the business in my city I'm reluctant to suppy 1 business with such a large amount! Thanks !!! Today marks my first ever comment on city thread and that is because I can't believe I got my wish an increase in energy Yeah!!!;) something worth celebrating!!

rusty7705
04-19-13, 10:15 PM
Thank you so much team lava with the extra energy! Now i can build more building and collecting money in the same time. My other suggestion is to increase the factory cap. 6 factories building is not enough i think because most new business buildings need more supplies now. It would be nice to have more factory building rather than only 6. Thank you once again for your attention Team Lava! :)

elwood99
04-19-13, 10:40 PM
Thank you so much team lava with the extra energy! Now i can build more building and collecting money in the same time. My other suggestion is to increase the factory cap. 6 factories building is not enough i think because most new business buildings need more supplies now. It would be nice to have more factory building rather than only 6. Thank you once again for your attention Team Lava! :)

I agree. There are lots of new business content but i am reluctant to buy them because i dont have any more goods to supply them. So what is the point? Either increase the goods supplied by the factories (my preferance) or increase in number of factories.

Heathersville11
04-19-13, 10:52 PM
Wow what an improvement to the game play this has made

Heathersville11
04-19-13, 10:53 PM
Wow what an improvement this has made to the game.

roosfamily
04-19-13, 10:54 PM
Wow finally I can see my city almost without coins flying on buildings ty great change

Charsville
04-19-13, 11:03 PM
We really don't need 7 factories. 6 factories is enough. What we need is more goods. When the game first started our factories used to produce more goods. Team Lava reduced the amount of goods the contracts produced and then made buildings that needed more and more goods. Please give us back the ability to produce more goods and/or reduce the amount of goods buildings need.

Rastafy
04-19-13, 11:11 PM
It would help if you guys showed the stats on locked buildings. This way I can decide if I want to buy buildings available at my level or save up for other buildings with more profit.

MHz_
04-19-13, 11:20 PM
It would help if you guys showed the stats on locked buildings. This way I can decide if I want to buy buildings available at my level or save up for other buildings with more profit.

Good idea, but I think it would rank pretty low on the priority list to be perfectly honest. More of a nice to have than a need to have at this point.

Rastafy
04-19-13, 11:25 PM
That's understandable. It was just a small change that would really help out those who don't like wasting energy on buildings that don't make that much profit. The new changes are dope, but I regret selling all my old community buildings to upgrade for higher profit ones; considering they're free energy now.

Rene_lll
04-19-13, 11:26 PM
Hallelujah, this is what we want, thank you so much

OpeningCeremony
04-20-13, 12:46 AM
One thing that really bugs me is when you accidentally double click on an item you weren't intending to chop / clear from your city (For ex: lake, cliff, trees.), a progress icon permanently hangs over it until you clear it completely. Can it be fixed to disappear like how it does in Castle Story (when clearing trees, rocks, etc)? Pretty plz :)

jtm101
04-20-13, 01:40 AM
That's understandable. It was just a small change that would really help out those who don't like wasting energy on buildings that don't make that much profit. The new changes are dope, but I regret selling all my old community buildings to upgrade for higher profit ones; considering they're free energy now.

You probably should have just placed them in Inventory, a much better idea than selling anything. However low yield community buildings are still a bit of a waste if you get them cleaned by nbrs. i'd much rather people clean high yield businesses, or wonders as you gain alot more on those with 20% bonus. Can be worth more than 1000 coins each for good cleaning :)

OlivesEatery
04-20-13, 02:30 AM

I agree! I've worked my way up before anticipating buying something I've liked the look of but got there to find the returns are poor or I'd need lots of gems to buy it & ended up disappointed. This would be a good feature to add & a good incentive to work for what you want.

OlivesEatery
04-20-13, 02:31 AM
One thing that really bugs me is when you accidentally double click on an item you weren't intending to chop / clear from your city (For ex: lake, cliff, trees.), a progress icon permanently hangs over it until you clear it completely. Can it be fixed to disappear like how it does in Castle Story (when clearing trees, rocks, etc)? Pretty plz :)

I second this comment!

elwood99
04-20-13, 04:42 AM
I wish goods in factories don't expire. Just like in DS whatever one farms, they do not expire. It will help avoid fustrating players as they felt like being punished. This should reduce the number of players leaving this game.

fireballnc
04-20-13, 05:24 AM
I almost fell out. I was not quick to build the solar energy panels. The challenge of building them was not worth it with getting part from neighbors, but once I noticed the challenge was taken away, I did not hesitate to build 4 of them and increase my population cap.

City: Abraham City
Storm ID: fireballnc (anyone can add me)
Population: 9,590 (and still growing, with lots of land)
Current Population Cap: 10,310 (thanks to the 4 solar panels added)

smallclimber
04-20-13, 07:18 AM
Yes this is great. I had actually deleted a lot of houses etc as I couldn't collect from them as I only play in the evening, but now I can re think my city again.
Thanks for,these changes.

Mudturtledove
04-20-13, 07:57 AM
That's so awesome! Thank you! I had quit building businesses because it didn't make sense to waste energy on collecting from them when I could do the same with houses. Now I find that I have enough for both! Happy Day!

bigbux3
04-20-13, 08:30 AM
Good idea, but I think it would rank pretty low on the priority list to be perfectly honest. More of a nice to have than a need to have at this point.

I think maybe a "Unlock this item for 20-50 gems" feature would be really effective. And then an "Are you sure?" window right after it. Plus, it would be nice to not have the buildings locked at extremely high levels!

MHz_
04-20-13, 12:02 PM
I think maybe a "Unlock this item for 20-50 gems" feature would be really effective. And then an "Are you sure?" window right after it. Plus, it would be nice to not have the buildings locked at extremely high levels!

Definitely not a bad idea, though it will require a non trivial amount of work that I'm not able to do. I can change numbers/costs etc.. but new features are out of my s****set, and out of the scope of what's currently planned for the game right now. Keep the ideas comin!

tumblesville
04-20-13, 01:46 PM
I, like many other players, feel that the increased energy cap is incredible and I'm really glad that TL took our ideas on board but now I really think that we need more goods. It might just be me but I really don't like leaving my businesses without goods. So the new energy cap makes it even harder for me because I have to wait ages for my goods to be ready and then I only have enough goods to supply a few businesses at time, especially since I mainly have businesses which need 300+ goods. Please solve this by increasing the factory limit or by giving us more goods for each contract. Thank you!

bigbux3
04-20-13, 03:19 PM
Definitely not a bad idea, though it will require a non trivial amount of work that I'm not able to do. I can change numbers/costs etc.. but new features are out of my s****set, and out of the scope of what's currently planned for the game right now. Keep the ideas comin!
Okay, I'd be fine with a change of the numbers and costs and level requirements.

Rastafy
04-20-13, 07:16 PM
This may be unrelated to in-game changes, and may be low on the priority list, but being able to play on different devices without having to go through the transfer process would be nice. I would like to switch between my iPhone and iPad without the hassle. A simple Log-In perhaps.

migz248
04-21-13, 12:43 AM
Well, that explains why I have more energy now

Thanks TL!

sadieton
04-21-13, 10:25 AM
I love having more energy, and the added boost from the community buildings - thank you!

bigbux3
04-21-13, 10:33 AM
I've noticed that leading up to this change, my game has been loading a lot slower now.

lotuskat
04-22-13, 06:45 AM
This is an amazing change! I can finally level up more quickly to gain access to all those higher-level buildings! Thank you so much TL!!!!

lotuskat
04-22-13, 06:48 AM
Businesses are clearly the key gating factor that prevents you from making a lot of profit. Anything I do to allow you to earn more goods will likely require expensive contracts or ones that have more restrictions on the level they unlock. I'm definitely open to other suggestions and ideas though for improving the game (done with just changing game values) though :)

Since higher level players tend to gain access to more expensive buildings (or businesses with higher supply costs) and expansions, is there a way to increase the amount of supplies we get per contract at higher levels?

Rastafy
04-22-13, 10:21 AM
The biggest balance fix that needs to be done is the business: everything else ratio. My city has a population of 11,000 and I'm only using two Bistro restaurants because it's all I need to prevent reaching that 3000 Supply cap (which should be increased or remove expiring supplies, cus it's really irritating). Businesses are not a priority because of the Factory: Supply rate. If factories made more supplies, I would build more businesses. (and you guys would probably sell more gem businesses $$$)

MHz_
04-22-13, 01:12 PM
The biggest balance fix that needs to be done is the business: everything else ratio. My city has a population of 11,000 and I'm only using two Bistro restaurants because it's all I need to prevent reaching that 3000 Supply cap (which should be increased or remove expiring supplies, cus it's really irritating). Businesses are not a priority because of the Factory: Supply rate. If factories made more supplies, I would build more businesses. (and you guys would probably sell more gem businesses $$$

It's near the top of my list for the next things I'll be doing. I'll be likely putting out a thread to discuss my set of changes to see how it fits with active players. Look for this in the next week or 2, and message me if I forget to do it :)

fireballnc
04-22-13, 05:01 PM
It's expected that players will be able to get lots of free energy from their community buildings every 8 hours btw. For those of you playing who feel the changes aren't enough, please let me know what your level is so I can get an understanding of where the tension is. The goal of these changes are to try to help new players and mid-high level existing players.

No, the changes are more than adequate. People will complain about the goods numbers and industry count, so let them complain. Enhancements to the community buildings and to the energy bar is perfect. I would not change the values on the property. My city is nothing but skys****ers right now, with no urban sprawl. Changing the values will only force me to continue the skys****er route. I would like to see more land though. I am not running out, but I see that it could change down the road.

jawest78
04-22-13, 05:09 PM
I really like this update, and I immediately added more high rise condos (decent return for a 30 minute recharge) when I saw it. What I would really like to see at this point is to make it a little easier to expand. At my current level, it takes 80,000 coins, 64 permits, and 2 days waiting. With it taking 2-3 days to collect the permits and then waiting another 2 days to complete the expansion, I can only expand 1-2 plots per week, and I would like to go a little faster than that. Maybe if we could ask for permits even when an expansion is already in progress?

MHz_
04-22-13, 05:45 PM
I really like this update, and I immediately added more high rise condos (decent return for a 30 minute recharge) when I saw it. What I would really like to see at this point is to make it a little easier to expand. At my current level, it takes 80,000 coins, 64 permits, and 2 days waiting. With it taking 2-3 days to collect the permits and then waiting another 2 days to complete the expansion, I can only expand 1-2 plots per week, and I would like to go a little faster than that. Maybe if we could ask for permits even when an expansion is already in progress?

My hope (assuming I can continue building momentum) is to get us to add a new industry or building that lets you make permits and parts on a 24 hour timer. This would solve the problem of the game being so dependent on having neighbors. I can look into the values at the high end of the spectrum, but need to be sure that its adequately tight.

lotuskat
04-23-13, 06:32 AM
My hope (assuming I can continue building momentum) is to get us to add a new industry or building that lets you make permits and parts on a 24 hour timer. This would solve the problem of the game being so dependent on having neighbors. I can look into the values at the high end of the spectrum, but need to be sure that its adequately tight.

Parts production would be great! Since we can't gift parts when we're not working on building a Community building (unlike in RS, CS, etc., where you can just gift parts in anticipation of building something), it would be really helpful to have a means to stock up on parts!

jonathanharker
04-23-13, 08:57 AM
I would love to be able to tip more than three buildings for people who are neighbors like other TL games. Right now there is virtually no incentive to visit "neighbors" rather than random "community" members. Cities sometimes take a while to load and neighbors are sometimes full so it's more beneficial and quicker to visit "community" players rather than "neighbors." It would give more incentive for people to add neighbors in general; I see more folks being persnickety about it here than other teamlava games.

Thanks again for the changes and for engaging us in this forum. It's greatly appreciated!

Rastafy
04-23-13, 10:51 PM
I would seriously buy gems if I could unlock high level buildings.

Nothing in my town makes less than $190, and I have more than enough buildings to spend my energy on. So now I'm just saving money and waiting to level up. I'm at 550k. My point being I wouldn't have to wait so long if you guys went with this idea.

My Proposal:
-Create Unlock options for locked buildings.
-Price these Unlock options with Gems at different rates depending on your savvy.
For an example I'll use a lv1 Player unlocking a lv20 Home.
Option 1: Price is 50 Gems no matter what level the player is.
Option 2: Price is 20 Gems per level, so 400 Gems to unlock.

Rastafy
04-23-13, 10:53 PM
Option 3: Price is dependent on the amount of EXP needed to reach that level.

This not only deals with the frustration of players not being able to use your new content, but it also makes you guys some serious money. Think about it.
(P.S. If you guys want more productive feedback I suggest you throw some gems towards the people who give you ideas you actually use. Pay the crowd to do your thinking for you)

--Comment removed by MHz

jtm101
04-23-13, 10:59 PM
So, you want TL to add a gem trap? No thanks

rebeccafromsunnybrookfarms
04-23-13, 11:00 PM
MHz, thank you so much! XOXO! Your attitude of caring and wanting to improve a game is delightfully refreshing! Lately, it's often felt like TL vs. the customers, very adversarial relationship in many of the games. I love being able to collect from all my buildings! I agree with everyone else who would also like to be able to provide goods to all businesses. It should not be impossible to clear all of the dangling icons, so our cities can look perfect, at least for a few hours. That's my biggest gripe on Castle, too. It isn't much fun to decorate, if we can never enjoy looking at our game screen. I would spend a lot more time and gems in my city if it was fun to decorate. I know some folks want to get to max lvl ASAP, but I prefer to design and enjoy the games, been playing about 14 TL games for 1.5 yrs, and I'm in no hurry. MHz, you rock! I'm going to ask some of my nbrs who have left this game to give it another try! This is starting to be fun again! Thank you, thank you!!!

kikilicious74
04-24-13, 07:45 AM
This is awesome. I use to leave the game with half my city unattended because of no energy. Now I leave with energy in my pocket still!!

roosfamily
04-24-13, 07:57 AM
This is awesome. I use to leave the game with half my city unattended because of no energy. Now I leave with energy in my pocket still!!
Yes is awesome.

MHz_
04-24-13, 11:13 AM
I would love to be able to tip more than three buildings for people who are neighbors like other TL games. Right now there is virtually no incentive to visit "neighbors" rather than random "community" members. Cities sometimes take a while to load and neighbors are sometimes full so it's more beneficial and quicker to visit "community" players rather than "neighbors." It would give more incentive for people to add neighbors in general; I see more folks being persnickety about it here than other teamlava games.

Thanks again for the changes and for engaging us in this forum. It's greatly appreciated!

Definitely doable. I'll look at the current numbers to see how much people are doing this, and see if I can roll that into my next set of changes.

I would seriously buy gems if I could unlock high level buildings.

Nothing in my town makes less than $190, and I have more than enough buildings to spend my energy on. So now I'm just saving money and waiting to level up. I'm at 550k. My point being I wouldn't have to wait so long if you guys went with this idea.

My Proposal:
-Create Unlock options for locked buildings.
-Price these Unlock options with Gems at different rates depending on your savvy.
For an example I'll use a lv1 Player unlocking a lv20 Home.
Option 1: Price is 50 Gems no matter what level the player is.
Option 2: Price is 20 Gems per level, so 400 Gems to unlock.
Option 3: Price is dependent on the amount of EXP needed to reach that level.

I'll see how doable this is. It's possible it might be easy, and if that's the case, I'll come up with a pricing model that makes sense. If it's going to require a decent amount of work, I can try to push for it, but can't guarantee it will happen any time soon.

So, you want TL to add a gem trap? No thanks

This definitely wouldn't be a gem trap. This would be an "unlock early for gems" kinda thing. It would never trick a player into spending anything.

MHz, thank you so much! XOXO! Your attitude of caring and wanting to improve a game is delightfully refreshing! Lately, it's often felt like TL vs. the customers, very adversarial relationship in many of the games. I love being able to collect from all my buildings! I agree with everyone else who would also like to be able to provide goods to all businesses. It should not be impossible to clear all of the dangling icons, so our cities can look perfect, at least for a few hours. That's my biggest gripe on Castle, too. It isn't much fun to decorate, if we can never enjoy looking at our game screen. I would spend a lot more time and gems in my city if it was fun to decorate. I know some folks want to get to max lvl ASAP, but I prefer to design and enjoy the games, been playing about 14 TL games for 1.5 yrs, and I'm in no hurry. MHz, you rock! I'm going to ask some of my nbrs who have left this game to give it another try! This is starting to be fun again! Thank you, thank you!!!

Looking into allowing a 7th industry is definitely on my list, so hopefully it will alleviate your concerns.

threeway5
04-24-13, 01:48 PM
The tangible affects of these changes are:

1. Neighbors always have free buildings for me to clean now (not full all the time!)
2. Players are Levelling up quicker (more energy = more experience points gained). So players currently waiting to unlock items at a higher level will get there sooner.
3. Players collecting from business more regularly (Homes have long turnover, whereas most businesses are less than 1 hour turnover).

This is a problem because it is not sustainable to increase collection from businesses when the Goods consumption is so high!! I am burning through the Goods.

If you can change any Values, please reduce the Goods all businesses require or increase the Goods Factory contracts produce (not add a 7th a Factory).

I have already changed strategy to build more homes, but because they take too long it's possible to be left with a Energy surplus unless I collect from business.

We need more Goods or Businesses need to be configured to consume less!!

lotuskat
04-24-13, 01:49 PM
I suppose we won't be able to gift Community building parts to neighbors on a daily basis (kinda like how gifting worked in the original City Story)?

MHz_
04-24-13, 02:26 PM
The tangible affects of these changes are:

1. Neighbors always have free buildings for me to clean now (not full all the time!)
2. Players are Levelling up quicker (more energy = more experience points gained). So players currently waiting to unlock items at a higher level will get there sooner.
3. Players collecting from business more regularly (Homes have long turnover, whereas most businesses are less than 1 hour turnover).

This is a problem because it is not sustainable to increase collection from businesses when the Goods consumption is so high!! I am burning through the Goods.

If you can change any Values, please reduce the Goods all businesses require or increase the Goods Factory contracts produce (not add a 7th a Factory).

I have already changed strategy to build more homes, but because they take too long it's possible to be left with a Energy surplus unless I collect from business.

We need more Goods or Businesses need to be configured to consume less!!

I'll be working on a new update that should hopefully help with some of the issues you've listed.

Brisbane1985
04-24-13, 06:04 PM
G'day MHz_!

This is awesome being able to speak with someone from TL directly!

Love the new changes, have been playing for months now & bought my fair share of gems haha, I just wanted to see what your thoughts were on when a new Wonder will be coming available, and if so what it might be? Also introducing a favourites list would make it easier to visit/send permits to those neighbours I know play often like myself lol

If you increase the industries what new pieces are they going to be, symmetrically it's easy at the moment to incorporate them into my city, but 2 new pieces could still work lol - just increasing the goods produced is good to :)

Also what is the Mystery Box all about, it would be better to have a Top 10 user voted Leader Board that has links us direcly to their city like the Community section under social, I love seeing other people's cities :-)

My city is RiversideOaks⛳™ if you want to check it out lol

threeway5
04-24-13, 06:08 PM
G'day MHz_!

Love the new changes, have been playing for months now & bought my fair share of gems haha, I just wanted to see what your thoughts were on when a new Wonder will be coming available, and if so what it might be? Also introducing a favourites list would make it easier to visit/send permits to those neighbours I know play often like myself lol

If you increase the industries what new pieces are they going to be, symmetrically it's easy at the moment to incorporate them into my city, but 2 new pieces could still work lol - just increasing the goods produced is good to :)

Also what is the Mystery Box all about, it would be better to have a Top 10 user voted Leader Board that has links us direcly to their city like the Community section under social, I love seeing other people's cities :-)

My city is RiversideOaks⛳™ if you want to check it out lol

Turning the unused Mystery Box into a Favorites List is the best idea I've ever heard of for this game!!!!!

bigbux3
04-24-13, 06:13 PM
I can't stand that the new update items are so expensive and that it takes too many goods for just one building while the capacity is only 3000 goods! Anyone who saves up hard money of about 100,000 coins, can easily fall down to 3,000 coins by buying 2-3 buildings and a few decorations. This shouldn't be!

MHz_
04-24-13, 07:29 PM
G'day MHz_!

There should be 2 new wonders coming soon. I think sometime in early May.

I can't say specifically how many I'll be changing it by. Gotta do some number crunching.

Planned feature that never made it. Definitely something we could try to use later in the future, but for the short term, don't expect much.

MHz_
04-24-13, 07:30 PM
I can't stand that the new update items are so expensive and that it takes too many goods for just one building while the capacity is only 3000 goods! Anyone who saves up hard money of about 100,000 coins, can easily fall down to 3,000 coins by buying 2-3 buildings and a few decorations. This shouldn't be!

We'll likely be readjusting a lot of things in the near future, so hopefully I can address this.

bigbux3
04-24-13, 07:31 PM
There should be 2 new wonders coming soon. I think sometime in early May.

I can't say specifically how many I'll be changing it by. Gotta do some number crunching.

Planned feature that never made it. Definitely something we could try to use later in the future, but for the short term, don't expect much.

So there isn't going to be a Mystery Box feature?
I'm actually glad there won't be because I like having the chance to buy everything. But... not if they're locked at high levels.

Brisbane1985
04-24-13, 07:53 PM
MHz_ 2 new wonders awesome! Thanks for answering my questions appreciate it, I'll definitely be saving harder over the next few weeks :-)

Oh also are you giving us the option of buying a higher level piece with gems? I really want a Maliub Beach house haha :)

Thanks again!

threeway5
04-24-13, 08:20 PM

New Community Items also require way too many parts!

Please either decrease parts required or increase materials cap (easier to implement than gifting).

Ps. Any word on Bridges?!

bigbux3
04-24-13, 09:46 PM

Please either decrease parts required or increase materials cap (easier to implement than gifting).

Yes! And I hope so! What's "metro" without a few bridges?

lotuskat
04-25-13, 06:39 AM

The parts issue won't be as problematic if we could gift parts daily like in RS or the original City Story.

MHz_
04-25-13, 07:41 AM
So there isn't going to be a Mystery Box feature?
I'm actually glad there won't be because I like having the chance to buy everything. But... not if they're locked at high levels.

My plan for the mystery boxes were to have some as coins and some as gem only, with both having different chances at rewarding cool gem items, wonders etc.. I can say they're not coming right now, but don't take that to mean it won't ever come.

MHz_ 2 new wonders awesome! Thanks for answering my questions appreciate it, I'll definitely be saving harder over the next few weeks :-)

Oh also are you giving us the option of buying a higher level piece with gems? I really want a Maliub Beach house haha :)

Thanks again!

I looked into it, but its unfortunately not plugged in properly, so it won't be coming any time soon. I will be rebalancing the numbers for a lot of buildings beyond level 30 soon, to make things a bit more attainable for most players. Those of you that are in the higher range (50+) will probably be a bit sad, as items in that range will probably be getting lower levels. Just know that my goal is to try to get all of the players up to your level range, so hopefully you can manage for now. You can at least try to hit level 100 if you're really ambitious :)

I'll look into adding parts as gifts, and evaluating the parts requirements for stuff in my next update. Bridges are probably not super feasible right now, and if we did them as just a decoration, they'd probably not act as awesome as I'd like them to be. Sorry :(

5comesalive
04-25-13, 12:45 PM
Love the updates. I have so much community that at first I thought it was too much energy. Finding the new balance. I actually enjoy having to balance limitations. Are there plans to improve good supply production? It does seem like the cap is higher which is good. But the new businesses require so many goods that you would have to only have 1business to produce enough goods. I have found that I can only have 5or 6businesses total because of the time it takes to make goods. Why cap indiustry buildings at 6. My population would enjoy more businesses. I even own them. Just another aspect of gameplay to consider. Btw still LOVE this game after 8 months! Play several times a day everyday. I love rearranging! I even have a wonder purchased from money collected over all those 8 months! Now that my city is so large I do find it to be slower and a little buggy. I hate when it will no longer allow me to place goods from storage. Can only do small areas of the city at a time.

threeway5
04-25-13, 02:38 PM
I looked into it, but its unfortunately not plugged in properly, so it won't be coming any time soon. I will be rebalancing the numbers for a lot of buildings beyond level 30 soon, to make things a bit more attainable for most players. Those of you that are in the higher range (50+) will probably be a bit sad, as items in that range will probably be getting lower levels. Just know that my goal is to try to get all of the players up to your level range, so hopefully you can manage for now. You can at least try to hit level 100 if you're really ambitious :)

If you are looking for a way to benefit long term players, please look into the current settings for expansions. I currently need 64 parts (3 days to collect) and 4 days for expansion, which is 7 days total just to expand one block.

A bit of a slap in the face for someone who has been playing daily for 9 months+ and contributed more than my fair share of Gems!

Ps. Agree with you if Bridges were to be released, they would need to be awesome! So can appreciate it would take some time to develop the content. I would be super upset if they were just Decor.

MHz_
04-25-13, 03:18 PM
If you are looking for a way to benefit long term players, please look into the current settings for expansions. I currently need 64 parts (3 days to collect) and 4 days for expansion, which is 7 days total just to expand one block.

A bit of a slap in the face for someone who has been playing daily for 9 months+ and contributed more than my fair share of Gems!

Ps. Agree with you if Bridges were to be released, they would need to be awesome! So can appreciate it would take some time to develop the content. I would be super upset if they were just Decor.

Expansions are definitely a bit punishing at the end of the spectrum. I'll do what I can to look into making them a bit more reasonable in my next major update. Note that this update is separate than any content updates you may see go live.

bigbux3
04-25-13, 03:54 PM
I don't know how to get rid of all this extra energy! I collect my residences and my businesses (but they take too much supplies to get all of them), while collecting from my community buildings and I can still end up with about 30 energy.

SenseiNJ
04-25-13, 04:04 PM
I don't know how to get rid of all this extra energy! I collect my residences and my businesses (but they take too much supplies to get all of them), while collecting from my community buildings and I can still end up with about 30 energy.

I find myself in the same situation sometimes. Greenhouses help a lot if you can spare about half hour to collect 3-minute contracts. That's what I usually use my surplus energy for. It helps replenish your goods too.

bigbux3
04-25-13, 04:08 PM
I find myself in the same situation sometimes. Greenhouses help a lot if you can spare about half hour to collect 3-minute contracts. That's what I usually use my surplus energy for. It helps replenish your goods too.

I'm always way too busy to sit around waiting every 3 minutes to collect. And using all 6 Greenhouses will only supply one of the newer businesses at a time.

SenseiNJ
04-25-13, 07:49 PM
I'm always way too busy to sit around waiting every 3 minutes to collect. And using all 6 Greenhouses will only supply one of the newer businesses at a time.

That's understandable. Sadly it's the only suggestion I have to offer, other than build many homes. Let's both hope that the future updates promise some new features that can help with the energy surplus.

bigbux3
04-25-13, 09:10 PM
That's understandable. Sadly it's the only suggestion I have to offer, other than build many homes. Let's both hope that the future updates promise some new features that can help with the energy surplus.

Thanks. And very true.
I also hope it comes with a way to earn gems, a gifting system, and maybe a new feature (or few)
And of course iPhone 5 support.

Brisbane1985
04-26-13, 05:14 PM

It gets easier as your city grows, I have 46 glass towers so utilise all of energy in one collect :)

SenseiNJ
04-26-13, 06:19 PM
It gets easier as your city grows, I have 46 glass towers so utilise all of energy in one collect :)

Trust me, I've considered that, but personally I don't like to have too many of one type of building. Some of my neighbours use many post offices and glass towers. I can only imagine that daily payout they get. It's a good way to use up energy and collect a large sum of coins, but I just prefer have a variety of buildings. I might consider building some new homes in the future, but right now I'm focusing on expansions, which is becoming troublesome due to the permit and time constraints.

Rastafy
04-26-13, 07:28 PM
Trust me, I've considered that, but personally I don't like to have too many of one type of building. Some of my neighbours use many post offices and glass towers. I can only imagine that daily payout they get. It's a good way to use up energy and collect a large sum of coins, but I just prefer have a variety of buildings. I might consider building some new homes in the future, but right now I'm focusing on expansions, which is becoming troublesome due to the permit and time constraints.

$100,000 a day. Im trying to make as much money as possible before designing and expanding my city.

lizzygee23
04-26-13, 07:50 PM
This is awesome! Thank you! Now we just need larger orders for goods. I never have enough goods for all of my businesses. So if we could have orders provide more goods but obviously cost more coins, that would be awesome! I typically do the 2 and 4 hour orders during the day but still run out of goods every time I collect from the businesses but I can never collect from them all before I'm out of goods. I'd say that's the last part of this game that needs perfecting.

MHz_
04-27-13, 02:07 PM
Some details of what I'm working on are here:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50684-City-Metro-Weekly-Update-May-2&p=611723&viewfull=1#post611723

leanel14
05-21-13, 10:14 PM
I second to this comment