PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update: 4/23/13

maguar
04-19-13, 03:25 PM
In-spire-ation for your boutique

http://i.imgur.com/xHlYleK.png

TL Blog (http://blog.teamlava.com/post/48726660607/new-content-april-23-25-2013)

http://media.tumblr.com/da9cc6cf731a6bcb7c15ee1e8fc6cf69/tumblr_inline_mlq0wjZrFR1qz4rgp.png
Many years after her reign, Queen Victoria’s influence can still be seen in the newest fashion trends. Head down to the nearest Boutique for a look back at this 19th Century inspired collection of items. Try your luck with the new Victorian Chest in Fashion Story (http://www.facebook.com/fashionstory)!
Want to see what’s inside? Here’s a sneak peek of some of these traditional items:

Victorian Mannequin
Dollhouse
Victorian Display
Ladies Tea

mamareader02
04-19-13, 04:45 PM
Lol-combining my 2 fave games!

OpeningCeremony
04-19-13, 05:07 PM
Lol-combining my 2 fave games!

haha me too!! love CS & FS :)

Baraze
04-19-13, 06:52 PM
I guess it goes along with the recurring victorian theme and the box we may get. Im hoping if we do, that nightmare on elm street dollhouse isnt there. Otherwise, ive been loving everything!

Ic3e
04-19-13, 07:14 PM
Creative racks! Wow an update so soon already? Probably a box, though...

jojopeanut
04-19-13, 10:36 PM
I've been very busy today. What we get another update this week tomorrow is the 20th?

jojopeanut
04-19-13, 10:38 PM
I've been very busy today. What we get another update this week tomorrow is the 20th?

Seriously I just logged on. Surprised

jojopeanut
04-19-13, 10:56 PM
Ok well interesting rack. If it's going in castle direction I have mucho fairy items that'll fit right in. ;)

minidemon88
04-20-13, 01:44 AM
Looks like I'm the only one who dislike it. Shall see if there's more teaser in the upcoming days.

lelaina752
04-20-13, 03:24 AM
I love the bottom part of the rack with the curls, but I'm not so sure about the top part. I'm excited to have a teaser on Friday though.

melody_nara
04-20-13, 05:03 PM
The rack is cute but....is it for castle story? lol:confused:

jojopeanut
04-22-13, 04:12 PM
Well nothing new on the blog about FS yet. So we'll see tomorrow I guess.

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 11:52 AM
The update is out now look in your design tabs, because there was no pop up for me today letting me know the update was out on Android. SO there's an Victorian box. the turret rack, victorian mirror, & rocking chair the mirror and chair are 16 GEMS each. No new catalog I see.

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 11:53 AM
Why this rack is victorian I still can't figure that one out. LOL

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 12:09 PM
There us also a new Hotair ballon wallpaper for 10,000 coins

OpeningCeremony
04-23-13, 12:10 PM
there's also:
-cameo 12 gems
-victorian painting 55,000 coins
-hot air balloon wallpaper 10,000 coins

OpeningCeremony
04-23-13, 12:13 PM
so i'm guessing the Victorian Chest has some of these items in it: (this was posted in their blog a couple weeks ago)

http://media.tumblr.com/5089ba24cbc87b4a847012dcb7b7ced9/tumblr_inline_mkyl6pUxwv1qz4rgp.png

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 12:17 PM
YEs I suppose that will be the box items. I'm just not feeling it right now not sure if I"m going to try any boxs.

OpeningCeremony
04-23-13, 12:23 PM
yea none of those items look 1st place worthy. i see mostly 3rd and 4th place. not even sure if any of those would qualify for 2nd place, perhaps the dollhouse.

koalas23
04-23-13, 12:28 PM
Why the hot air balloon wallpaper?! I think it's weird. I would LOVEEEEE something like the wallpaper in the teaser. I don't particularly like the weird giant graphics wallpaper: the earth, the feather, the rainbow, the hot air balloon, the giant flower. I've never even see real wallpaper like that. Let's have some beautiful smaller patterns! Something to match the delicate Victorian theme...

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 01:06 PM
There's only 5 items in the picture we don't have yet the doll house table, the candle table, the mannequin, the red chair, and the I guess the white thing is a standing grandfather clock. I think there would be more items in a box than those.

StevenKevin
04-23-13, 02:32 PM
Sooooo unlucky.... Was looking forward to this update n got 4th prizr a tiny victorian divider :-(

eden6
04-23-13, 02:44 PM
Why the hot air balloon wallpaper?! I think it's weird. I would LOVEEEEE something like the wallpaper in the teaser. I don't particularly like the weird giant graphics wallpaper: the earth, the feather, the rainbow, the hot air balloon, the giant flower. I've never even see real wallpaper like that. Let's have some beautiful smaller patterns! Something to match the delicate Victorian theme...

The wallpaper is available in the design tab.....the Trellis. It costs 1 gem.

mamareader02
04-23-13, 02:46 PM
Was hoping the spire rack meant a lean towards more of a castle theme(yeah,yeah,obsessed,whatever;)),re did my store ANYWAY to carry castle theme,with the old stuff from last year:)

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 02:53 PM
Was hoping the spire rack meant a lean towards more of a castle theme(yeah,yeah,obsessed,whatever;)),re did my store ANYWAY to carry castle theme,with the old stuff from last year:)

I know I love those items to in my storage. I'm thinking of getting mine out too. Because I love it so much :) TL was hit last year with the fairy tale theme for sure :)

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 02:56 PM
I hope someone reports though that opens the box on what's in it and the prize placement of them. Curios what's the 1st place item?

mamareader02
04-23-13, 02:58 PM
No box opening for me-Victorian isn't my thing

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 04:09 PM
Ok I opened the box twice got the red chair 4th place prize, and the mannequin 4th place prize.

thatgirl444
04-23-13, 04:19 PM
I got the doll house - 3rd....candles - 3rd ...chair - 4rth....divider - 4th....clock....3rd or 4th....and sweet Victorian display 2nd....

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 04:29 PM
I got the doll house - 3rd....candles - 3rd ...chair - 4rth....divider - 4th....clock....3rd or 4th....and sweet Victorian display 2nd....

Can you p;ost a picture of the sweet victorian display please?

OpeningCeremony
04-23-13, 04:33 PM
Kooky added the picture and info of the update from the TL blog that was just released. if you look at the pic, i think that's the Victorian Display at the bottom to the right.

OpeningCeremony
04-23-13, 04:33 PM
added the picture and info to the 1st post of this thread

thatgirl444
04-23-13, 04:35 PM
Yes...that's the Victorian display I got...I wonder what the other 2nd prize and first prize are

OpeningCeremony
04-23-13, 04:38 PM
the blog mentions "Ladies Tea" as one of the box items... that's gotta be 2nd or 1st place. i LOVE high tea... ugh i wonder how it looks!

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 04:44 PM
Oh my gracious me LOL.. Now I have to try for the 2nd place prize.. I bet the tea is the 1st prize

thatgirl444
04-23-13, 04:44 PM
If anyone gets it pls let us know....ladies tea must be an awesome display

thatgirl444
04-23-13, 04:45 PM
I'm quite happy with the Victorian display...it's beautiful....will be redecorating my place all Victorian soon....glad I got all the LTO items....now I have a good collection

jtoland82
04-23-13, 04:46 PM
I got the dollhouse as a 2nd place prize. Wish I could get more Victorian stuff but I'm too low level. :(

thatgirl444
04-23-13, 04:48 PM
I got the dollhouse as a 2nd place prize. Wish I could get more Victorian stuff but I'm too low level. :(

Are you android...seems like android always has 2nd and 3rd mixed up....my dollhouse said 3rd prize....

jtoland82
04-23-13, 04:52 PM
Are you android...seems like android always has 2nd and 3rd mixed up....my dollhouse said 3rd prize....

Yes, I'm on Android.

IsisGarden
04-23-13, 06:04 PM
I don't care for it, either.

ladym7
04-23-13, 06:20 PM
I saw someone's avatar with a fan? I don't know which prize number it is..

greatday2bealive
04-23-13, 06:38 PM
4 weeks in a row!!!!!!!! I'm officially a very upset fashion story player. Week after week I was looking for a good update but instead for 4 weeks in a row...1/12 of a year!!!! You give us victorian themed junk. Why????? Very bad business practice!!! This is exactly how you lose players, not gain! Also, 4 weeks bcs many voted for it in a pole?? Did you fail to realize 99.9% of the players didn't vote or that those who did vote may have had more than one fashion story game so could vote more than once? Tell me how 50 votes for victorian theme represents all fashion story players? In which case, why you thought 4 weeks of the same bad stuff was a good idea? Obviously it would suit everyone's taste. All I can say is shame on you Team Lava and think smart.

NikoDrake
04-23-13, 07:25 PM
LOVE! This theme, so excited to get the victorian box, got the mannequin as a 4 th place prize, thrilled as this is what I hoped to get,for all those whining... some of us love this style, fashion is what it is to us all individually, so suck it up! As we might not have liked stuff you did, but had the grace not to whinge on about it:p
Nice job Tl, was bold to give this look a try, as it seems, most don't like it, for those of us who do a big Thanks x

Ic3e
04-23-13, 07:39 PM
4 weeks in a row!!!!!!!! I'm officially a very upset fashion story player. Week after week I was looking for a good update but instead for 4 weeks in a row...1/12 of a year!!!! You give us victorian themed junk. Why????? Very bad business practice!!! This is exactly how you lose players, not gain! Also, 4 weeks bcs many voted for it in a pole?? Did you fail to realize 99.9% of the players didn't vote or that those who did vote may have had more than one fashion story game so could vote more than once? Tell me how 50 votes for victorian theme represents all fashion story players? In which case, why you thought 4 weeks of the same bad stuff was a good idea? Obviously it would suit everyone's taste. All I can say is shame on you Team Lava and think smart.

Did you really think that Teamlava would let this theme go without a box? Were you seriously not expecting that?

Speaking of the box, I think it's alright. Not worth my gems but I think the prizes and displays look okay. Now that that this theme is over and done with, what else is up your sleeve? (Hopefully bright colors that don't look like 'Bright Life'.)

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 07:42 PM
LOVE! This theme, so excited to get the victorian box, got the mannequin as a 4 th place prize, thrilled as this is what I hoped to get,for all those whining... some of us love this style, fashion is what it is to us all individually, so suck it up! As we might not have liked stuff you did, but had the grace not to whinge on about it:p
Nice job Tl, was bold to give this look a try, as it seems, most don't like it, for those of us who do a big Thanks x
Yes and nice they stuck to a Theme for a while. This is what the team use to do. Makes it nicer and easier to complete our design.
Those that don't like it Im sure this week is probably the end of it with the box.

Baraze
04-23-13, 07:47 PM

Maybe some of us who didnt vote actually wanted and love the update. They have hundreds of thousands of players. What one, two, three or ten who post on this forum (myself included) is of no concern to them. They release what the designers want and like. We either purchase it or don't. We then wait for the time to come for something we do like and keep it moving.

Ic3e
04-23-13, 07:50 PM

Oh my goodness, exactly. Has anyone seen me whine? No. I have disliked some catalogs and even commented about them but thats just commenting.

Zee_Zatara
04-23-13, 08:02 PM

Maybe you should just quit the game if you're so dissatisfied. And just because YOU think something is 'bad' doesn't mean it is. In your opinion it's bad, fine, but stop presenting it like it is a fact that it is bad. Not everyone shares your opinion.

rainbowcupcakeee
04-23-13, 08:09 PM
I love victorian era. Who knows maybe next week update will be something that i dont like, so i guess i have to embrace these moment.

jojopeanut
04-23-13, 08:40 PM
I've been scouring the community for over 30 min looking for the Ladies tea display no luck yet. If I find one taking a pic & will post.

thatgirl444
04-23-13, 08:47 PM

That is your opinion...I happen to loooove this theme....seriously...the only shame here is that you're taking this so seriously...suck it up and wait for a theme you will enjoy

rainkissed
04-23-13, 09:19 PM
That is your opinion...I happen to loooove this theme....seriously...the only shame here is that you're taking this so seriously...suck it up and wait for a theme you will enjoy

Couldn't have said it better myself. Absolutely, LOVE the Victorian era and the designers did a fabulous job!!! I stopped playing FS but HAD to come back for the victorian theme.

sanya87
04-24-13, 02:46 AM
i didn't really pay attention to this victorian theme, there were some cute items but nothing special for me, if there was some nice display with mannequins i would buy it maybe... and now the box, hm, honestly i don't have so many gems to open multiple boxes untill i get something good. though i could try just to test my luck but i prefer to see all the items first. and i wonder if there is a posibility they offer the items from the box for limited time like they did with egg chest so i don't make the same mistake as last time but honestly i don't think they will

StevenKevin
04-24-13, 03:00 AM
I love victorian theme and i live gambling. With boxes sometimes you are lucky sometimes not and i think its great. But the skys the limit i mean when yiu spend 24 gems to find an item which is worth no more than 5 gems as is the case with the divider, however cute, i wouldnt call this gambling but stealing.......

minidemon88
04-24-13, 03:31 AM
I only bought the Victorian painting and the new wallpaper. Excited to see pictures of the items inside the new box. XD

sanya87
04-24-13, 03:44 AM
I love victorian theme and i live gambling. With boxes sometimes you are lucky sometimes not and i think its great. But the skys the limit i mean when yiu spend 24 gems to find an item which is worth no more than 5 gems as is the case with the divider, however cute, i wouldnt call this gambling but stealing.......

i agree with you, i opened the box 2 times and got tiny divider too lol and clock, so only 4th place, but it's gambling and you must accept the risk of getting things like that, but it's also normal to feel little dissapointed, even frustrated :D

lelaina752
04-24-13, 04:01 AM
Some of the box items look cute, but I still haven't seen the Ladies Tea display (and most of the other items) anywhere. Maybe TL can put the box items in Stormie's Shop for a while so users can see them.

From what I have seen, some of the items in this box look cute. I would buy these items if they were out of the box. I am just not buying boxes since I get way too frustrated with so many duplicates and items not worth 24 gems. I never even opened the Eclectic chest because the only item I liked was the Fascinator display and I knew I wouldn't get it after trying so hard for the Pucker Up Display in the Valentine's Box. However, when the Egg Chest was opened, I bought A LOT including duplicate lower level items because I liked them.

For now, I'm saving my gems. Not a bad idea anyway since I spent so much when the Egg Chest was opened. I haven't really purchased much coin-wise with these Victorian updates and I have saved almost enough coins for my next expansion! :)

abellissima
04-24-13, 05:29 AM
I'd like to choose the item in the box, couse i dont have enought gem for a multi try, and i really love doll house.

rainkissed
04-24-13, 05:49 AM

I agree with you. Those tiny 4th prizes need to go. players/customers pay real money for those expensive prizes that are not even worth 1 gem sometimes :(

CuteTali
04-24-13, 08:46 AM
The victorian box might have some interesting items, but with so many bad 4th prizes I wouldn't take a chance with this one.

sapphirecross
04-24-13, 09:26 AM

I've seen a lot of your comments - you have very strong specific taste that seems like not a lot is going to match it. But weren't you saying in the past that you wanted more modest clothing and longer length skirts? I'm surprised you don't like the Victorian, which certainly matches that. I think the more variety of style the better, so everyone who plays can find outfits they enjoy having in their shop and styles to decorate with. If they only do one week of a theme that's really not enough items or clothes for people who like that one, so I hope they continue these multi week themes. Me, I like the Victorian a lot, it's classic and elegant fashion history and I get a kick out of the Victorian swim outfit - that's just terrific historical look. Am curious to see how the ladies tea looks, could be a wonderful Victorian theme shop, I do wish now I'd gotten the hats.

StevenKevin
04-24-13, 01:53 PM
i agree with you, i opened the box 2 times and got tiny divider too lol and clock, so only 4th place, but it's gambling and you must accept the risk of getting things like that, but it's also normal to feel little dissapointed, even frustrated :D

I do accept gambling i even find that really thrilling but come on 4th prizes should be around 12 gems worth not 5.... What is particularly frustrating for me is that im generally lucky with a bunch of different 2nd even 1st prizes in various games and jeez my favorite box and i got the most tiny item tough luck lol

sanya87
04-24-13, 02:08 PM
me too, and it's not first time i got dissapointed by what i got, mostly 4th place items from every box i tried, four or five 3rd places and only one 2nd. not really lucky definately! for divider i couldn't agree more, i just can't decide is it the worst item i ever got or that place still belong to soho chair from new york chest which is even more tiny lol :D now i think i will wait for gem sale and try maybe two more times victorian box and if i don't get nothing better then 4th place, oh well, i guess it's really bad bad luck lol

jojopeanut
04-24-13, 02:46 PM
I agree on the lowere lvl prizes gem cost from chest. What burns me still and makes me leary now of opening boxs is the last box EAster egg chest. I opened the box few times happy with what I recieved, but within a matter of 3 day's they decided to put the items out of box for a brief time to purchase if you wanted which is all great and good. Except I just really had a sick burned feeling inside when they did this, because I could have purchased the lower lvl prizes for 16 GEMS if I wanted to and then different GEM cost as the prizes go up. IF they're going to release them seperate for purchase out of box they should do it the same day. Now with new chest like this one I opened only twice. Because I don't want the same thing to happen again. It makes me feel untrustworthy of their business practices now with boxs.

Also I'm a regular GEM buyer and I don't complain about the prizes etc. because I know the chance you take when opening a box, wheter or not it's a 1sr prize or a 4th prize. It took me over a year opening several many times boxs to get the Artistic fountain from the groovy box I knew the risk of getting of countless pink ottomans and dressing rooms, If I could just give some of those ottomans and dressing rooms away..LOL just didn't want my post mis inturprted to that effect I was complaining about the prize I would recieve.

jojopeanut
04-24-13, 02:47 PM
:edit to my post above: I mean close to last sentance was NOT complaining about the prize I would recieve sorry.

OpeningCeremony
04-24-13, 02:48 PM
one of my neighbors got the Ladies Tea and she graciously gave me permission to post a pic of it. she always gets the best stuff! :)

http://i34.tinypic.com/2epr1o2.jpg

jojopeanut
04-24-13, 02:51 PM
Very lovely I can tell by the 4 mannequins and 2 clocks, dollhouse in the background red chair she tried many times. Congrats to her :)

OpeningCeremony
04-24-13, 02:59 PM
i really really like the ladies tea!! it reminds me of having tea at Bergdorf's :D but i'm scared to try the box also due to the last fiasco with the egg chest. i'll wait a bit and maybe try my luck next week?

StevenKevin
04-24-13, 03:03 PM
Well we cannot be always lucky.... At least ive managed to do something interesting with the divider and the victorian hats rack.
Jojo i do agree with you if TL decided to release the victorian chest as LTOs then id get frudtrated lol
sany ill try the victorian chest again as well... But what i hate more even more than 4th prizes is duplicates lol.... And fir some reason i do distrust my lyck with that chest lol

dalula
04-24-13, 03:07 PM
Like the ladies tea... but their eyes are kind of bigger than normal mannequin eyes on this game lol.
I really like the theme for one! Many people have suggested Victorian. For those who don't like it, there are always themes we don't like. Not everyone is going to be pleased with everything (didn't particularly like the easter update)

meme1098
04-24-13, 03:18 PM
Wow...they look really, really surprised. Haha. Maybe something extra in the tea they weren't expecting.

OpeningCeremony
04-24-13, 03:25 PM
Wow...they look really, really surprised. Haha. Maybe something extra in the tea they weren't expecting.

haha! maybe just loads of caffeine in the tea that's got them on high alert ;)

Ic3e
04-24-13, 03:42 PM

Or maybe it's because they're like, "Oh my goodness! Are we in the future? ...Oh my, women in trousers?! Gasp! I see legs! How scandalous!!!"

xD lol!!

greatday2bealive
04-24-13, 10:18 PM
Yep...I did want more modest clothing bcs before this everything was 'mini'. BUT... this Victorian stuff is bland, boring, and old. Who wears that in real life? Simply...it's costume like...not modern nor fashionable.
To those who think I am complaining over nothing...pay attention to the detail of 4 weeks worth of the sane theme...how frustrating that can be to players who don't enjoy the theme. 4 weeks is a long tine...not short. Being it's 4 weeks...I would say it gives people the right to complain. congrats if you liked it, now imagine you are one of the people who hates it....remember...4 weeks. 4 weeks of the same theme, simply, is not acceptable...but again...congrats if you liked it

I've seen a lot of your comments - you have very strong specific taste that seems like not a lot is going to match it. But weren't you saying in the past that you wanted more modest clothing and longer length skirts? I'm surprised you don't like the Victorian, which certainly matches that. I think the more variety of style the better, so everyone who plays can find outfits they enjoy having in their shop and styles to decorate with. If they only do one week of a theme that's really not enough items or clothes for people who like that one, so I hope they continue these multi week themes. Me, I like the Victorian a lot, it's classic and elegant fashion history and I get a kick out of the Victorian swim outfit - that's just terrific historical look. Am curious to see how the ladies tea looks, could be a wonderful Victorian theme shop, I do wish now I'd gotten the hats.

jojopeanut
04-24-13, 10:44 PM
I guess that when summer rolls around and we have 4 weeks of the same beach theme/vacation *fingers crossed* that's unacceptable too. :D

Ic3e
04-24-13, 11:30 PM
Yep...I did want more modest clothing bcs before this everything was 'mini'. BUT... this Victorian stuff is bland, boring, and old. Who wears that in real life? Simply...it's costume like...not modern nor fashionable.
To those who think I am complaining over nothing...pay attention to the detail of 4 weeks worth of the sane theme...how frustrating that can be to players who don't enjoy the theme. 4 weeks is a long tine...not short. Being it's 4 weeks...I would say it gives people the right to complain. congrats if you liked it, now imagine you are one of the people who hates it....remember...4 weeks. 4 weeks of the same theme, simply, is not acceptable...but again...congrats if you liked it

Modern, no. Fashionable, yes. Victorian has made comebacks in evening wear and black tie. A few revisions but still retaining it's original Victorian aesthetic. And once again, people still do wear Victorian era clothing. It is called Lolita, a street style in Japan but can still be worn worldwide.

sanya87
04-25-13, 01:06 AM
Well we cannot be always lucky.... At least ive managed to do something interesting with the divider and the victorian hats rack.
Jojo i do agree with you if TL decided to release the victorian chest as LTOs then id get frudtrated lol
sany ill try the victorian chest again as well... But what i hate more even more than 4th prizes is duplicates lol.... And fir some reason i do distrust my lyck with that chest lol

great, cause it's actually nice divider but again, not worth 24 gems... me too, just to imagine to get the same items again well it will ruin my day lol. ladies tea display is cute :)

minidemon88
04-25-13, 02:59 AM
I guess that when summer rolls around and we have 4 weeks of the same beach theme/vacation *fingers crossed* that's unacceptable too. :D

LOL! I'm sure there will be people complaining whenever we get a new update. XD

lelaina752
04-25-13, 04:28 AM
Or maybe it's because they're like, "Oh my goodness! Are we in the future? ...Oh my, women in trousers?! Gasp! I see legs! How scandalous!!!"

xD lol!!

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Hilarious.

I LOVE the Ladies Tea Display. I wish it was out of the box!!

StevenKevin
04-26-13, 04:37 PM

OMG in the 21st century are there still people who think FS offers indecent catalogues and would like more so-called modest clothes?????? I cant believe it LMAO!!!! it's a game, not a beauty pageant in a secluded country parish!!!!!!

Baraze
04-26-13, 05:25 PM
OMG in the 21st century are there still people who think FS offers indecent catalogues and would like more so-called modest clothes?????? I cant believe it LMAO!!!! it's a game, not a beauty pageant in a secluded country parish!!!!!!

Giggling......

CuteTali
04-26-13, 06:36 PM
I think you all forget the millions of customers who play this game who are children. I had to pull this game away a few times from my daughter over some non-appropriate outfits/items/language. Especially all the times where you get the S word in quests ("Oh, this outfit would make me so s**y!!"), then I get asked by my daughter and her friends what that means, or why some outfits are see-through ("mom, why would this neighbour's character wear this silly dress? I can see her underwear!").

Funny enough though, kids do spend quite a bit of money on outfits and decor that they do like (given their allowence etc.). Nowdays, I see more and more kids asking for iTunes/Google Play/Amazon cards as gifts, as opposed to actual toys. So they're just as valid of customers as any other person.

Also keep in mind, even though people on the forums may be of high school or college age, a lot of the players are in their 30's 40's 50's and 60's and don't use forums, so we have to keep that in mind and cater to their taste too (I don't imagine they would want mini everything or very revealing clothing that they wouldn't wear in real life).

As for myself, I enjoy whatever theme TL throws at me, even if I don't totally like it, I could take 1-2 pieces of it and mix it with another to make something completely different, it's part of the fun, seeing where creativity leads you.

Overall, this game is made for people of all ages who still enjoy playing "Barbie dress up", as I call it, and that is why we see all kinds of crazy/kooky/cool outfits of the entire spectrum.

StevenKevin
04-27-13, 04:59 AM
Ok I'm all game to admit I'm the kind of liberal modern urban guy who would never prevent his kids from going to the beach just because they might encounter a couple of bikinis.... What I like in this game is its universality, and I do think there is absolutely nothing indecent or inadequate, and to be honest it is perfectly fine with me players are not offered lacey bras or any kind of lingerie. I totally agree with you, that would spoil the spirit of the game - I refuse, though, to use the word family spirit as there isnt one type of family.... But honestly, consider sassy a non-appropriate word???? Urban slang already views this word as terribly outdated and let us be honest: we have all been kids and we have all learned to be more hypocritical about what is supposed to upset us with our parents than with our schoolmates.... Now I shall repeat myself: what makes the interest of this game is its universality and its diversity, and if I am totally into costumes (the Victorian update probably remains the best one for me) I dont think anyone would like to have fun with garments only worn by sad people in the middle of nowhere.

CuteTali
04-27-13, 04:09 PM
But honestly, consider sassy a non-appropriate word????

That is not the word I was referring to...the one I see a lot has an x in it...I'm sure you can put it together, I don't want to write anything that's not forum-appropriate.

MizCricket
04-27-13, 06:06 PM
Overall, this game is made for people of all ages who still enjoy playing "Barbie dress up", as I call it, and that is why we see all kinds of crazy/kooky/cool outfits of the entire spectrum.

That's actually not true. The game is designed for players 13 and over (see the terms of service in the FAQ of the game) so as a parent, you have to consider it as you would a PG-13 movie.

CuteTali
04-27-13, 09:45 PM
That's actually not true. The game is designed for players 13 and over (see the terms of service in the FAQ of the game) so as a parent, you have to consider it as you would a PG-13 movie.

Not really. A lot of games say 13+ just to make it easier on them with legal stuff. They wouldn't make so many kiddish costumes in fashion and all the childish stuff in bakery etc. if they didn't try to please their younger audience too. Also, when you download the game, it says for ages 4+, which basically means it's good for person of any age.

Zee_Zatara
04-28-13, 06:34 PM
I think concern about 'revealing' outfits appearing in FS is a bit blown out of proportion. The most revealing outfit possible in the game has already existed from day 1 (the black bra and panties the avatars wear underneath everything else). The avatars simply can't get any more undressed than that, period, so any outfits that appear in FS are going to go on top of that and be less revealing than that. So there won't be any see-thru lingerie, topless outfits, microkinis, thongs, etc, appearing in the game anyway. It's no worse than playing Barbie and may actually be tamer, since girls can and do strip Barbie down to nothing all the time.

maguar
04-29-13, 12:06 AM
Hey every one can we please ring this back to the topic of the update not on how revealing/appropriate/age appropriate the clothes are.

StevenKevin
04-29-13, 03:00 PM
well I tried my chance again with the victorian chest I love so much and ended up with a 3rd prize fan for my avatar... it's nice but well very far from the doll house I long so much te get lol!!

sanya87
04-30-13, 01:11 AM
i got it too when i tried again, not happy lol! but for me it was shown as 2nd prize. i guess that's because of some problem on android which switch 2nd and 3rd place. so doll house and candles are actually 3rd place :)

StevenKevin
04-30-13, 03:22 PM
It should have been a 5th prize id say lol i find it ridiculous to offer avatar items in boxes we gamble for furniture not useless accessories

sanya87
05-01-13, 01:50 AM
Couldnt agree more... And i tried again with box, hoping finally for 3rd place and i got divider again, unbelievable. So i am done with victorian chest :D its not worth gambling any more and getting useless items...

jaewjah
05-01-13, 04:46 AM
I opened Victorian box for the first time and got Ladies' tea! :D can't believe it!

sanya87
05-01-13, 04:59 AM
wow so you must be really really lucky, trust me! i tried four times, ok it's not a lot, but anyway i got the worst 4th place items together with 2nd place fan for my avatar i didn't want at all. i am glad for you, i guess everything is possible with these boxes :)