PDA

View Full Version : Breed Times/Speeding up gold price increased?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Horntail21
04-18-13, 06:19 PM
So I go to speed up the 99th trickster I've gotten in a row and it has 12hrs and 6 minutes. Price to speed up: 25 gold. Somebody tell me this is a glitch.

Edit -KP

Hey everyone, breeding times and speed-up costs for some players have been recently changed.

Sometimes changes are made to tune, balance, and improve the overall mechanics of the game. Thanks for sharing your feedback thus far so we can take a look at these changes.

Please continue to leave us constructive feedback on this thread. We appreciate everyone's cooperation and we're sorry for any confusion this may have caused!

Yes, I did respond last night.:)

Since it will be a few hours before the community managers come on, I wanted to update you guys with the only additional information I have.

These changes are gameplay adjustments, it's not a bug.

I also want to thank-you for keeping your posts constructive overnight.

To answer a few questions, on why the differences on the games here is a post from ponyroar

The most important thing right now is to let Team Lava know how these changes have and will effect your personal game.

Lets keep this thread constructive so the community managers will have a good feedback thread to be able to send over to the team.:)

Mani_Sari
04-18-13, 06:24 PM
I have a night egg, 15 hours left to hatch, it's asking for 31 gold? Is this a bug? Same with my breeding den, 30 mins to go and it costs 2 gold to speed up. If this is a new change, I think I'm finally done with this game, too expensive. >_<
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/tinatamad2001/75E84376-E685-485E-9FA7-52DF58AE6928-5342-000005EA4C0B83C5.jpg

bellarose2012
04-18-13, 06:27 PM
Mine just did that too!! One hour ago it was 1 gold per hour to speed up breeding/hatching and now I was going to speed up an egg with 6hrs left and it asked for 13 gold! I had just bought 250 gold too. This better be a glitch or that will be the last time I ever buy gold.

sweetstuff525
04-18-13, 06:29 PM
this better be a glitch or teamlava will loose alot of gold buyers

i understand team lava want to make it difficult to all players to get new dragons but still

emergRN
04-18-13, 06:31 PM
are u ios/android/kindle? i am android and it is 1:1 time/gold charge.

MonteZamu
04-18-13, 06:31 PM
So as I finished farming the last coin for my cosmic habitat. Purchased it, sped up for 21 gold, put my hatched dragon in it. So went back to my nests and den, put in a finished coral breed, it said it would cost me 20 gold to speed up. Strange, checking my den, I see it would cost 44 gold to speed up a 22hr diamond x night breed.

So if this intended, wth?
If my game is acting funky, any suggestions?

On a side-note I did sped up the coral to check and I'm indeed 20 gold short.

Cheers

bellarose2012
04-18-13, 06:33 PM
I'm iOS.

Mani_Sari
Ok I thought it was only in my game. But yeah seems like it's double the price now, this is ridiculous!

Horntail21
I hate to sound like a kid or something but this is it. I'm done with this game. Ridiculously long breed times made even worse now by taking the one little pleasure I got out of getting those free gold from my neighbors and crushing that. Nice strategy team lava. Annoy and frustrate your customers into purchasing gold to be able to enjoy the game. The crazy food jacks, 50 gold for a frickin bush, feeding a dragon 9,000,000 apples so you can make back what you spent on feeding it in 6 months. It's like they said to themselves "man people really like this game! Lets change everything about it!! Brilliant!!"

Well they probably don't care cause I've never bought a gold bar but this is it. I'm done. If your a gold partner of mine don't bother sending. It was fun while it lasted. Peace

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 06:36 PM
So there are 3 threads on this same topic now...think this might be a trend...I surely hope it's a glitch on TL's part and it will be fixed soon...or TL will loose virtually everyone playing.

hgar24
04-18-13, 06:37 PM
I am android and it just happened to me.

knj00
04-18-13, 06:37 PM
Please tell me this is a bug because that IS ridiculous.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 06:38 PM
lmao... let me go see what mine says!

antbanks
04-18-13, 06:38 PM
Well I have 3 nests two of which will will probably stay empty now. Not pleased.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 06:40 PM
Mine is the same... but I did notice my trade/craft speed up cost much more gold!! I know one of them was normal speed up price (1 gold per hour) but now both of them are?! Anybody else notice this?

kwhales
04-18-13, 06:40 PM
Mine is still the same. One hour left and one gold to speed.

MonteZamu
04-18-13, 06:41 PM
So there are 3 threads on this same topic now...think this might be a trend...I surely hope it's a glitch on TL's part and it will be fixed soon...or TL will loose virtually everyone playing.

I hope it's a glitch indeed, if not it'll be a very bad move.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 06:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing...

knj00
04-18-13, 06:43 PM
Ok, just checked mine and it's normal. I have 17 and a half hours to go and it's 18 gold.

Horntail21
04-18-13, 06:43 PM
Well I have 3 nests two of which will will probably stay empty now. Not pleased.

I didn't even take the people that had multiple nests. What a just complete kick in the teeth. I can't blame them for wanting to make money, we all do, but I can choose to no longer play or download their games. 3 apps getting the axe tonight.

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 06:44 PM
Mine is the same... but I did notice my trade/craft speed up cost much more gold!! I know one of them was normal speed up price (1 gold per hour) but now both of them are?! Anybody else notice this?

Like I posted on one of the other threads, it might be that existing breedings were fine, but new ones will have new costs.

equinox96
04-18-13, 06:45 PM
Me too, I came here to see if it was just me but now that I see it's not... well I'm peeved!!!

I understand they are probably trying to slow us down, but it's taking a lot of the fun out of the game. It get's boring when you can only make one dragon a day but at this price, that's what it's going to be!!

knj00
04-18-13, 06:46 PM

My spell shop is still normal gold to speed up (1gold=1hr). I just started crafting a scroll to check.

enoch4
04-18-13, 06:46 PM
Just put cosmic into the evolution temple. Says 4 hours (half the expected time) but 8 gold. That might actually be a good thing if it isn't a glitch. Doesn't cost more gold (same as normal) - just goes faster if you don't use gold.

krissy5000
04-18-13, 06:48 PM
Just got this too on Android. Super disappointing.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 06:49 PM
Just put cosmic into the evolution temple. Says 4 hours (half the expected time) but 8 gold. That might actually be a good thing if it isn't a glitch. Doesn't cost more gold (same as normal) - just goes faster if you don't use gold.

hmm, wait that actually is better lol

krazyyo
04-18-13, 06:49 PM
Existing breeding not fine it doubled the speed gold too althougth there are already in breading den

enoch4
04-18-13, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I just bred a life dragon to confirm what was happening in my evolution temple. The gold didn't double, it stayed at the normal rate, and the time cut in half. For the life dragon it said 1 1/2 hours, but 3 gold. That's actually awesome.

knj00
04-18-13, 06:51 PM
Like I posted on one of the other threads, it might be that existing breedings were fine, but new ones will have new costs.

I sped up my breeding and started a new one and it's fine. 18hrs= 18gold

hgar24
04-18-13, 06:51 PM
Yes the time is cut in half but the gold is doubled for each hour. Its a good thing!

1cherryblossom
04-18-13, 06:52 PM
this better be a glitch or teamlava will loose alot of gold buyers

i understand team lava want to make it difficult to all players to get new dragons but still

I'm already having difficulty getting new dragons. Now with 2 golds for breeding? And getting same old dragons? No thanks TL! I'm beginning to hate this game when I used to love it. Everything is in a mess. How much can I get from selling the breeding den?

enoch4
04-18-13, 06:52 PM
So it IS charging 2 gold per hour, but cutting the time in half so the overall gold cost is the same if you speed breed. If that is intentional, I say it is a great thing for us!

knj00
04-18-13, 06:53 PM
My evolution is normal too.. just put Cosmic in it and it's 8hrs= 8gold.

enoch4
I sped up my breeding and started a new one and it's fine. 18hrs= 18gold

Another test maybe? Only some islands? Or a mistake? Lol

Horntail21
It didn't cut mine in half. 12 hours left on a trickster. If it was cut in half it would have started at 8.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 06:55 PM
It didn't cut mine in half. 12 hours left on a trickster. If it was cut in half it would have started at 8.

no at 9 :p

enoch4
04-18-13, 06:56 PM

Hmmm. Yeah then that's bad news on your island. They better fix that.

hgar24
My tree dragon had a little more than 4 hours to go and now its two.
And the one in my breeding den need about two more hours instantly finished!

Horntail21
Yes you are correct, 9. Anyway idk what's going on.

turff55
04-18-13, 06:57 PM
got charge double the gold for speedind breeder and hatching for fire and air my wife account is the same

midnightmeerkat
04-18-13, 06:59 PM
My breeding, evolving, incubating are still the same

equinox96
04-18-13, 07:00 PM
Ok, so if it's the time that is cut in half, that's going to get some getting used to to figure what dragons we are getting from the den but not necessarely a bad thing to not wait as long. I think I might actually like this change.

1cherryblossom
My android is double, but iOS remains the same

DragonTan1
Yes you are correct, 9. Anyway idk what's going on.

Don't come here looking for answers from TL, you'll never get it! They don't like to give info... we'll have to figure it out ourselves, as usual lol

danni7788
04-18-13, 07:01 PM
My time wasn't cut in half either, but gold is doubled. Not happy about this!!

antbanks
04-18-13, 07:01 PM
I'm ISO and the dragons I have in nests and den doubled. Waiting to see if breed times shorten for dragons put in after updated gold prices

krissy5000
04-18-13, 07:03 PM
Everything I have going (breeding, hatching, evolving) is double the gold to speed up, and the time remaining is the same as before the change. I guess when I start new breeding etc I'll see if that's different (can't afford to speed up and check now!).

bellarose2012
My time hasn't been cut in half on the breeding den, nest, or evolution temple and its asking for 2 gold per hour. I'm peeved.

Horntail21
Whose prices doubled and who has the diamond temple also. Beta test? I have both.

antbanks
04-18-13, 07:06 PM
My prices doubled. Have diamond temple, beta test quests, and spin the wheel

equinox96
04-18-13, 07:08 PM
Yep time cut in half and gold remains the cost it would have been before the change. Just put mist on nest and it gives me 7 hours to hatch and finish now for 14 gold... not bad at all!! =D

aceblade
04-18-13, 07:08 PM
Price has doubled for me too.
Not sure what the other things are you guys are writing about.
Not pleased about the price increase!
:(

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 07:09 PM
I hope it's a glitch indeed, if not it'll be a very bad move.

I noticed that and also hope it's a glitch, but ... I'm not so sure it is. If this increase has been purposely done, there will be no more speeding up, nor what it takes to be able to speed up, which is spending gold. Nope, won't do it!

krissy5000
Whose prices doubled and who has the diamond temple also. Beta test? I have both.

My price doubled and I'm on Android (so no features, even for beta testing).

equinox96
The price hasn't doubled, it's the time that has been cut in half!!!

krissy5000
04-18-13, 07:10 PM
The price hasn't doubled, it's the time that has been cut in half!!!

For you maybe, but for others of us in the thread the time is the same.

MonteZamu
04-18-13, 07:10 PM
My prices doubled, time not cut in half, no diamond temple. Got the short end of the stick I guess. Also I'm on android.

mikeclit
04-18-13, 07:11 PM
Yeah my fruitfuls are now 5hrs but cost 10 gold to speed up. Not terrible.

Boogie083
04-18-13, 07:12 PM
Kindle, breeding 4hrs 58mins left, 5 gold (Finish Now!), evolving 6hrs+, 7 gold (Finish Now)
closed and reopened before posting.

Boogie083
04-18-13, 07:14 PM
Did u all think they would shorten times without increasing Finish Now gold prices?
Be careful what u wish for...

Horntail21
04-18-13, 07:17 PM
The only thing that sucks is I had an ok island. Wish there was some way to give it away without compromising the security of my phone. Shame it will go to waste.

knj00
04-18-13, 07:19 PM
Ok, this is happening on my secondary account. Time cut in half but speed up gold the same.

kwhales
04-18-13, 07:22 PM
Just bred diamond and diamond. 2 hr breed 2 gold to speed. So mine hasn't changed. Yet.

swstar
04-18-13, 07:27 PM
on ios...my time is the same but gold doubled. trying still for easter...got 14 hr breeding time for 28 gold...there is no 28 hour egg so i can only conclude i am doubled....and probably done with this game..such a shame...long enough as it is.

davewin
04-18-13, 07:29 PM
If it was purposefully done, nice game ****ing feature TL.

crsty19612
04-18-13, 07:30 PM
Well at least I now know it wasn't just me. So as a kindle owner I DID NOT get an up date today except for a price hike. Sorry but I don't think so. You can start charging more if you want but I'm not going to buy more just so you can keep making better programming for every one else!!!!!

equinox96
04-18-13, 07:30 PM
For you maybe, but for others of us in the thread the time is the same.

Let's hope for all of us that it's a bug that your time hasn't been cut in half and everyboby gets this new deal "same price for half the time"

angellahg
04-18-13, 07:31 PM
This is odd, on my iphone the 20 hr breed went to 10 hrs, 20 gold to finish now. BUT the nest times & evolution times stayed the same but cost twice as much gold. My 9 hr egg in nest is now 18 gold to finish! It makes NO sense to cut the breeding time in half but keep the nest time the same! Now many breeds will be done WAY before the nest is done..then again, thats probably the idea. So far there are no changes to my ipad. I hope it doesnt change.

krissy5000
04-18-13, 07:33 PM
Let's hope for all of us that it's a bug that your time hasn't been cut in half and everyboby gets this new deal "same price for half the time"

Yeah agreed, I hope it will be the same for everybody but I won't be surprised if it's not. ;)

bellarose2012
04-18-13, 07:33 PM
I just spent 12 gold on my 6hr genie dragon egg to see if newly bred dragons would have the time cut in half, nope, 8hr breed time and 16 gold to speed up on a genie egg. So they cut the breed time in half with double gold for some users but others have the exact same breed time and still have to pay double gold? In what world is that the least bit fair?

kimw26
04-18-13, 07:37 PM
I couldnt figure out how i got a 6 hour breed time with a black n pink and somebody brought it to my attention that breeding times are cut in half for some people. Then i looked at my nest and an egg that should take 17 hours to hatch was only taking 8. Maybe breeding/hatching times are being lowered.but golds staying the same therefore making it look as if its doubled when its really not? Its a possibilty. i dont know tho. hope thats whats goin on anyway.

davewin
I just reset my game and yes..... they doubled the cost. Well done TL, you have officially lost another regular gold buying customer. Good job.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5862/speedgoldcost.png

Boogie083
Well at least I now know it wasn't just me. So as a kindle owner I DID NOT get an up date today except for a price hike. Sorry but I don't think so. You can start charging more if you want but I'm not going to buy more just so you can keep making better programming for every one else!!!!!

U buy gold on Kindle? Why...nevermind

krissy5000
I just spent 12 gold on my 6hr genie dragon egg to see if newly bred dragons would have the time cut in half, nope, 8hr breed time and 16 gold to speed up on a genie egg. So they cut the breed time in half with double gold for some users but others have the exact same breed time and still have to pay double gold? In what world is that the least bit fair?

Wow, so I guess I shouldn't expect to see it any different when I start new stuff tomorrow? Oh well. Anyway the different treatment isn't new for this game, look at how the pricing for the Dragon stables and boosted breeding are being handled. Rough to be in the unlucky group though.

davewin
04-18-13, 07:38 PM
I just reset my game and yes..... they doubled the cost. Well done TL, you have officially lost another regular gold buying customer. Good job.

danni7788
04-18-13, 07:38 PM
This is odd, on my iphone the 20 hr breed went to 10 hrs, 20 gold to finish now. BUT the nest times & evolution times stayed the same but cost twice as much gold. My 9 hr egg in nest is now 18 gold to finish! It makes NO sense to cut the breeding time in half but keep the nest time the same! Now many breeds will be done WAY before the nest is done..then again, thats probably the idea. So far there are no changes to my ipad. I hope it doesnt change.

You checked this by switching an egg that was being bred to the nest? Just making sure- maybe the rules changed so recently that your nest hadn't changed but the breeding den did and if you switch the egg to the nest it will be fixed? It seems like there are so many different versions of what people are getting...

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 07:39 PM

wow I have no idea what they are doing?? Maybe they have had enough of DS and are trying to **** it?! It is the only thing I can think of, and it looks like they're doing a good job at it.. O_o

Olena
04-18-13, 07:40 PM
Any answer from TeamLava about this issue?

My guessing about it : Maybe they want that we could be able to get second breeding den or something semilaar that they had to incrase the price - because not many players gonna spead up if they would get one more den?

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 07:40 PM

lol..........

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 07:42 PM

They doubled the cost but kept the hours the same for you?

angellahg
You checked this by switching an egg that was being bred to the nest? Just making sure- maybe the rules changed so recently that your nest hadn't changed but the breeding den did and if you switch the egg to the nest it will be fixed? It seems like there are so many different versions of what people are getting...

I didnt, because I dont want to spend 18 gold to finish a light dragon egg.

Darkstorm2
It used to be 1 gold per hour. Now it is 1 gold per 30 minutes. BUT th breed times have been cut in half in my game. Magic dragon is now ten hours not twenty but me amount of gold to speed up. I can live with this

danni7788
04-18-13, 07:43 PM
I didnt, because I dont want to spend 18 gold to finish a light dragon egg.

Fair enough! I hope you get lucky and have the nest time be cut in half too!

crsty19612
04-18-13, 07:44 PM

Because I was crazy me thinks. I also like speeding things up, well not any more.

Darkstorm2
04-18-13, 07:45 PM
My breed time and nest time have been cut in half

Boogie083
04-18-13, 07:45 PM
It used to be 1 gold per hour. Now it is 1 gold per 30 minutes. BUT th breed times have been cut in half in my game. Magic dragon is now ten hours not twenty but me amount of gold to speed up. I can live with this

THIS IS WHAT TL WANTS TO SEE! A player-customer who accepts their decision. :)

jumperjing3
04-18-13, 07:47 PM
So my times are the same. My den and evolution temple is still one gold per hour. But I put in a nether dust to craft and it was 50 gold to speed up....10 hour craft.
I would like to have breed times and nest times cut in half!

stoogehunter
04-18-13, 07:47 PM
Apart from disagreeing on android and kindle not having parity, I have never had a problem with this game. I buy an absurd amount of gold, I've spent big $$ on this game because I enjoy it. But if they are going to double to cost of breeding and hatching eggs, that's it. I'm out.

Darkstorm2
04-18-13, 07:48 PM
THIS IS WHAT TL WANTS TO SEE! A player-customer who accepts their decision. :)

I can only live with it if it is the same for everyone and it is not. This is the problem I have. Different gold costs for different people is an outrage

riisak
04-18-13, 07:49 PM
I have never, ever paid to speed up expansions because of the 2:1 gold price. Now I will never, ever pay to speed up breeding again. How disappointing.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 07:51 PM
So my times are the same. My den and evolution temple is still one gold per hour. But I put in a nether dust to craft and it was 50 gold to speed up....10 hour craft.
I would like to have breed times and nest times cut in half!

Yes for me too, exactly!

picklylily
04-18-13, 07:54 PM
my breed time, hatch time and evolution time has been cut in half but the speed up time remained as the original times given. hmmm, curious. ;3

danni7788
04-18-13, 07:54 PM
I can only live with it if it is the same for everyone and it is not. This is the problem I have. Different gold costs for different people is an outrage

Agreed. Some of us actually do have the same breeding time but double the gold cost. It seems like some people think we are simply misreading the time and don't notice the time cut in half, but it isn't the case. :(

angellahg
04-18-13, 07:56 PM
I have never, ever paid to speed up expansions because of the 2:1 gold price. Now I will never, ever pay to speed up breeding again. How disappointing.

I agree, it seems like players are getting different changes tho. Maybe another beta test? Only increase on ipad is increase in crafting speed up but iphone game is a mess!

Darkstorm2
04-18-13, 07:57 PM
TL just lost a lot of good players that buy gold regularly with this. It's sad actually

krissy5000
04-18-13, 07:57 PM
I agree, it seems like players are getting different changes tho. Maybe another beta test? Only increase on ipad is increase in crafting speed up but iphone game is a mess!

I'm thinking it's a beta test too, like 'double the gold for a bunch of players and see how many of them use speed-ups anyway.'

huntheat
04-18-13, 07:58 PM
I will never make another gold purchase precisely because of this. I have never been the player who has to have every type of dragon....so now when I get a little behind in evolving I will just take a few days off from breeding to catch up.

penqueen2
04-18-13, 07:58 PM
I just bread a magic to test, 20 hours is normal. It cost 40 gold to speed it up and 40 gold to hatch the egg. I seriously think it is time to quit this game!

wolftiger1234
04-18-13, 07:59 PM
Am I the only one who still has normal gold rates? I have a coral breeding with 9 hours and some minutes left and it still says 10. Same with evolution only with fruitful.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 07:59 PM
TL just lost a lot of good players that buy gold regularly with this. It's sad actually

I will be surprised if DS survives this..

turff55
04-18-13, 08:01 PM
my time did not change but double of gold on evolve breeding hatching and farm thats ridiculous

davewin
They doubled the cost but kept the hours the same for you?

I'll double check with my next breed.

DragonTan1
Am I the only one who still has normal gold rates? I have a coral breeding with 9 hours and some minutes left and it still says 10. Same with evolution only with fruitful.

Mine hasn't changed at all, time, gold.. nothing.

angellahg
04-18-13, 08:02 PM

Mine is same to breed, nest and evolution on ipad but higher cost to craft. I really hope it doesnt change.

fitfunsparkle
I rarely spend gold to speed up, and i have the half time breeding, so i am good with this change. For those who have the half time breeding times, it is exactly the same-- magic still costs 20 gold to speed up whether it is 10 or 20 hours. My husband's game has the original 1 to 1 ratio. For the players who have the original full times, but double the cost it just isn't fair and hopefully that will be fixed.

Darkstorm2
I will be surprised if DS survives this..

I don't know what they were thinking. They had better fix this one really quick

jessielizabeth91
04-18-13, 08:04 PM
I just noticed the same thing. Really why would they do it? They trying to get people to quit or what? Dumb.

Horntail21
04-18-13, 08:04 PM
I don't see pony or panda jumping in on this one. This is a travesty. Unfair and inequitable. Just not good business

I'm sure they are somewhere jamming an actual interesting topic into the back of a 125 page thread for it to be lost

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 08:05 PM
Mine is same to breed, nest and evolution on ipad but higher cost to craft. I really hope it doesnt change.

That is what happened to me, but it didn't chang today it happened yesterday...

McDONALD7623
04-18-13, 08:05 PM
Yeah...mine show doubles too...this is just getting ridiculous. Me not buying any golds now, it just not making any sense anymore.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 08:07 PM
I'm sure they are somewhere jamming an actual interesting topic into the back of a 125 page thread for it to be lost

Kooky & Pony do a good job... it's NOT their fault that TL keeps them in the dark just as much as us.....

wolftiger1234
04-18-13, 08:07 PM
Mine hasn't changed at all, time, gold.. nothing.

Just checked my iPod and my hunter dragon that was in the nest that had 7 hours left says 15 gold!! MY SAPPHIRE DRAGON IS NOW 40 GOLD FOR 20 HOURS!?
Dude...is this some sick joke?

angellahg
04-18-13, 08:09 PM
That is what happened to me, but it didn't chang today it happened yesterday...

Im not sure when the crafting increase came, i havent crafted anything for awhile until now.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 08:09 PM
IF the gold is doubled but hours are cut in half then that's great.... but I've read some people have same time and double gold! Not cool, but both of these will stop us buying gold and just wait....

jessielizabeth91
04-18-13, 08:10 PM
I just sped up breeding and it says 8 hrs for my cosmic dragon incubation time but still costs 16 gold :(

enoch4
04-18-13, 08:13 PM
So it looks like another beta test of some kind. One that gives some islands an advantage, and others a big disadvantage. Sigh.

huntingrl
04-18-13, 08:13 PM
Wow. I just made a thread about this and at the moment this one wasn't showing on the first page! I'm super confused. So are all the new dragons times cut in half or all dragons? Is someone going to change the Egg list lol

MazReptile
04-18-13, 08:14 PM
Just checked my breeding my diamond and magic and got 20 hours but 40 gold to speed.
Congrats TL coz after this I'm not buying anymore gold. My ?15 iTunes card a fortnight is not gonna be spent on this game anymore, the ?6.99 I spend on 250 gold is now going towards Marvel War of Heroes game instead

danni7788
IF the gold is doubled but hours are cut in half then that's great.... but I've read some people have same time and double gold! Not cool, but both of these will stop us buying gold and just wait....

Yeah, it really is a bummer. Got dawn tree dragon today and saw it was 2 days, 52 gold to speed up.. I have a feeling this isn't a glitch. TL has been coming out with all kinds of things that are different for different people, like the boosted breed (a billion apples vs coins? Please) and dragon stable. It makes me think this is here to stay

Darkstorm2
I'm NOT buying gold until my friends are playing a fair game!

krissy5000
04-18-13, 08:16 PM
So it looks like another beta test of some kind. One that gives some islands an advantage, and others a big disadvantage. Sigh.

lol of all the beta tests for Android to finally be included in...

huntingrl
04-18-13, 08:17 PM
seriously. I don't remember this being part of our last Android Poll

klaineisland
04-18-13, 08:18 PM
Don't they realize that the long waiting times (for instance: all the two day dragons!) make the game more frustrating? I get bored with it and start to lose interest, not gain any. Not being able to speed up when I get impatient is going to make that even worse.

krissy5000
04-18-13, 08:19 PM
this is crazy... Only thing can that make things worse is maxnono's random posts!

lol! :d

angellahg
04-18-13, 08:19 PM
Still hoping it is a bug...

cquinn32
04-18-13, 08:21 PM
Will be uninstalling this game if it doesn't change back!!!!!!!

tuskmage
04-18-13, 08:23 PM
I'm NOT buying gold until my friends are playing a fair game!
Thanks! TL for helping me to stop buying gold again lolx. Good job! TL, Congrats you guys did it.

kooky panda
04-18-13, 08:24 PM

Sorry I have not responded yet, but I have been a little busy catching up on the thread , merging threads and closing duplicate threads.

Also a reminder, please follow the forum rules (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)when posting.

I am in the dark with you guys right now. I am sure we will get more information later.

I am guessing with most of you that it looks like some players were not effected, some have the cut breeding time and higher speed up costs, and some do not have the cut time but have the higher speed up costs.

I realize this is very upsetting, but please leave constructive feedback and refrain from using inappropriate language and flaming comments so this thread can stay open .

serith87
04-18-13, 08:25 PM
I noticed this about an hour ago on my iOS. (I have the game installed on my iPod and my Android phone)

I had a Magic + Water breed that I was checking the timer on (08:17 left) and noticed it wanted 16 gold to finish the breed. I made a note of the time left and the gold required, then jumped around to other things to check their timers and gold requirements. They were all still a 1:1 ratio.

I went back to my breeding den just as it fell under 08:15, and it still wanted 16 gold. I went back again after it hit 07:59. Still 16. I decided to hit finish now cause it was irritating me. It was a night egg. That's not even 1:1...

I hit the Finish Now on the nest, it wanted 23 gold and the timer was 23 hours. I popped around my other timers, still normal.

I exited the game and came back.

My Night Egg is now 12 hours and is asking 22 gold to complete.

I am officially confused.

Delforce
04-18-13, 08:26 PM
I just checked mine and it's still 1 gold per hour of breed time. I seriously hope it gets put back for every1 that is now paying double

elitaserina
04-18-13, 08:29 PM
i thought it was really strange to have an hour left and have it cost 2 gold. but f the time is cut in half thats good. ii'm done buying gold!

Delforce
04-18-13, 08:31 PM
Sorry I have not responded yet, but I have been a little busy catching up on the thread , merging threads and closing duplicate threads.

Also a reminder, please follow the forum rules (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)when posting.

I am in the dark with you guys right now. I am sure we will get more information later.

I am guessing with most of you that it looks like some players were not effected, some have the cut breeding time and higher speed up costs, and some do not have the cut time but have the higher speed up costs.

I realize this is very upsetting, but please leave constructive feedback and refrain from using inappropriate language and flaming comments so this thread can stay open .

Maybe it's a glitch that came with the new 6x diamond chance thingie? That shows 3 different amounts for ppl, so maybe that's overlapped somehow onto the breed times/costs? Just a guess

kurebiz
04-18-13, 08:31 PM
I'm on android, old breed from before update. Still same 1:1 ratio. Will post again after c few hours when breed is done.

krissy5000
04-18-13, 08:32 PM
I'm on android, old breed from before update. Still same 1:1 ratio. Will post again after c few hours when breed is done.

It probably won't be different then, my speed-up costs all doubled in the middle of things. Still I'm glad to hear an Android user was unaffected; was beginning to think we all got double the gold costs for the same time.

cquinn32
04-18-13, 08:36 PM
The price for speeding up a bitter bark tree is still 1:1 lol

Boogie083
04-18-13, 08:38 PM
They have room to make some cuts in the design department if they need to save cash. We don't need ten new dragons a week. Especially when half of them look turkey horses

I agree and disagree... some ppl (iOS) ppl want new dragons every week, right? If u r iOS, u r rare!

harrysatchel2112
04-18-13, 08:38 PM
Im on android and have double speed up costs with same time, what is the point of a beta test that does nothing but make the game harder...? And what a great first beta test to be involved in lol

cassi0916
04-18-13, 08:39 PM
Ugh mine is still regular time but double gold. Also on my other acct its the same thing. This totally sucks!!!

krissy5000
04-18-13, 08:41 PM
Im on android and have double speed up costs with same time, what is the point of a beta test that does nothing but make the game harder...? And what a great first beta test to be involved in lol

lol seriously. I wonder if anybody on Android got the cut breeding/hatching times. Probably not right?

MamaCdub
04-18-13, 08:44 PM
Not happy TL, not happy at all. I am one of the lucky, lucky players who have the same long times with double the gold. I buy gold, I use gold, lots of it. If this doesn't change (and soon), I will be uninstalling six of your games very, very soon. It seems to me your best customers are treated the most poorly. Not smart business. I understand the need to make money, but this is ridiculous and unfair.

GDude118
04-18-13, 08:44 PM
O.K. I had started a topaz/fire breed at around 5:00 pm and it got a 12 hour result. Now at almost 11:00 pm I suddenly have 47 minutes remaining and 2 gold to speed up. Looks like I'm affected. Personally though, I welcome the change/glitch. It cut down on breed times for free players such as myself but keeps the price to speed it up the same fore gold spenders. So it makes it a bit easier for free players to keep up. :)

kooky panda
04-18-13, 08:45 PM
Maybe it's a glitch that came with the new 6x diamond chance thingie? That shows 3 different amounts for ppl, so maybe that's overlapped somehow onto the breed times/costs? Just a guess

It could be a glitch. I have reported this thread over to the CMs(they are off now), so hopefully we can get more information tomorrow.
(at least today is not Friday... LOL)

cquinn32
04-18-13, 08:46 PM
Today you offer a sale on gold and as always I buy some and then you do this!! Haha very funny you got me lol ok no really if this is here to stay, I'm out!!!

kel413
04-18-13, 08:47 PM
Sorry, I just posted a new thread on this subject because I didn't see this one. I bred Magic x Air, 18 hr breed but 36 gold to speed. Just another TL ploy to encourage us to spend real money, like the gold/gem traps. It's a shame, I really used to enjoy TL games.

tiggerpiget
04-18-13, 08:48 PM
I got half the original hour to hatch and original number of gold to finish hatching (ie 4 hours to hatch and 8 golds to finish hatching)

Delforce
04-18-13, 08:50 PM
It could be a glitch. I have reported this thread over to the CMs(they are off now), so hopefully we can get more information tomorrow.

It's 1.50 pm Friday here kooky, lol

noir77
04-18-13, 08:59 PM
Nothing's changed on my andriod, still 1:1. I think it'll be great if the times were cut in half, but double gold for the same breeding time is silly. People who buy gold feel ripped off and stop buying. People who don't buy gold feel less tempted to buy gold because they dont see the value for money.

If I get double gold I'll stop speed-breeding altogether and save my gold for additional nests, although they too will be less useful.

kel413
04-18-13, 09:00 PM
Just an update - my hatching gold is also doubled. (Both doubled on each of my accounts.)

elitaserina
04-18-13, 09:03 PM
i hate waiting so long especially since i get the same dud dragons over and over. i would speed them up just to sell them. it was probably not the best move but i would get angry just looking at them. but the game stopped letting me buy gold a while ago so that's that. but it looks like mine is the same. sucks i really was hoping for shorter breeding times!

Spiceshirl
04-18-13, 09:09 PM
I was looking for a reason to stop buying gold to speed up eggs and evolution and finally I can say THIS IS IT!!!!! You have made my decision easier, ok what's the last straw to press the delete button!! I know soon you will developers will find that last straw they are working on it!!! I'm waiting.

accisse
04-18-13, 09:13 PM
It better be a glitch :/ not like it would change anything for me because I already stopped buying gold. It just means spending even less time playing DS. Sorry, maybe you guys are trying to compensate for loss of income due to a decrease in accidental gold-trap buys because of once-a-day popups, but I'm not going to pay double the price to speed up the last few hours of a breed any more.

angellahg
04-18-13, 09:14 PM

Thank you!

karamsay
04-18-13, 09:15 PM
Okay, my breeding/hatching/evolution time is cut in half, but the cost per hour doubled. If that were it, and was the same for everyone, I'd be alright with it... However my farming time stayed the same & gold cost per hour also doubled there. Additionally, gold costs increased FIVE times over for crafting and trading, with the time staying the same, I think. 6 hrs to trade, 16 hrs to craft a large amethyst.

accisse
04-18-13, 09:17 PM
Okay, my breeding/hatching/evolution time is cut in half, but the cost per hour doubled. If that were it, and was the same for everyone, I'd be alright with it... However my farming time stayed the same & gold cost per hour also doubled there. Additionally, gold costs increased FIVE times over for crafting and trading, with the time staying the same, I think. 6 hrs to trade, 16 hrs to craft a large amethyst.

Wow it must be some totally mixed up glitch to be messing up your game like this! Or it could be TL wanting to mix things up. In which case, booo...

olcastle
04-18-13, 09:19 PM
I'm glad they did it. I wasted hundreds of gold for nothing and still was tempting to waste more... until now.

krissy5000
04-18-13, 09:20 PM
I was looking for a reason to stop buying gold to speed up eggs and evolution and finally I can say THIS IS IT!!!!! You have made my decision easier, ok what's the last straw to press the delete button!! I know soon you will developers will find that last straw they are working on it!!! I'm waiting.

I think this might be mine actually. Breeding dragons hasn't been as much fun anymore with all the color-splitting, and now with the cost doubling it's taken away any of the little fun that was left. Seriously, since this evening I've gotten bummed out every time I opened up DS, which really defeats the purpose of playing a game. And as an Android player breeding dragons is really all there is to do in my game, so if these speed-up costs stick around I think I'm out.

karamsay
04-18-13, 09:22 PM
So, I just checked expansions and clearing too... 10:1 ratio for expanding (11+ hrs for 113 gold) and 1:1 for clearing. 1 gold, 1 hour for a timber patch.

serith87
04-18-13, 09:31 PM
Personally, I am overjoyed that breed & hatch times are halved.

However, I do not understand the reasoning behind doubling the gold-per-hour of each of these.

I would be much more likely to spend gold on breeding and hatching if the gold:time ratio was 1:1 at these new values. Lower cost-per-transaction makes it feel like I'm wasting less, which makes me feel more okay throwing $3.99 down on sale days. Otherwise I only buy gold when I get iTunes gift cards (which is rarely).

krissy5000
04-18-13, 09:35 PM
Personally, I am overjoyed that breed & hatch times are halved.

However, I do not understand the reasoning behind doubling the gold-per-hour of each of these.

I would be much more likely to spend gold on breeding and hatching if the gold:time ratio was 1:1 at these new values. Lower cost-per-transaction makes it feel like I'm wasting less, which makes me feel more okay throwing $3.99 down on sale days. Otherwise I only buy gold when I get iTunes gift cards (which is rarely).

Times aren't hatched for everyone though. Many of us have the same ole times, but with double the speed-up costs, that's who most of the posts in here are from I think.

krissy5000
04-18-13, 09:36 PM
Times aren't hatched for everyone though. Many of us have the same ole times, but with double the speed-up costs, that's who most of the posts in here are from I think.

lol hatched. :) I meant halved.

serith87
04-18-13, 09:44 PM

My first one after the the change was that way, too. My next one was half time, double cost. My guess was coding errors making it hard for current timers to be recalculated. How many times have you bred since costs doubled?

serith87
04-18-13, 09:46 PM
lol hatched. :) I meant halved.

Details :)

krissy5000
04-18-13, 09:47 PM
My first one after the the change was that way, too. My next one was half time, double cost. My guess was coding errors making it hard for current timers to be recalculated. How many times have you bred since costs doubled?

None, I have to wait till tomorrow for the current breeding to finish (no way am I using double gold, especially on an island/magic). But I put a virtue in to evolve just now and got 2 days, 66 gold. I'll see what happens with the breeding tomorrow but I don't want to get my hopes up.

NouraMoh
04-18-13, 09:57 PM
Another test maybe? Only some islands? Or a mistake? Lol

Correct
On this account everything is WRONG! I got 1:44 hour to go in my den and it costs 4 gold to speed. I also paid more than anybody else for the stable if you remember and I don't have the Diamond Temple in my market

On my iPad ( my second account ) I got the Diamond Temple for 300 gold, the stable costs 25 gold and my breeding and evolving is the same as before

TL is loosing it, and loosing players, left and right

serith87
04-18-13, 09:57 PM
None, I have to wait till tomorrow for the current breeding to finish (no way am I using double gold, especially on an island/magic). But I put a virtue in to evolve just now and got 2 days, 66 gold. I'll see what happens with the breeding tomorrow but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Oh, ouch. :( Yeah, no good. My evolutions are also half time.

Well, one of the moderators mentioned they flagged this thread so that the TL staff will see it tomorrow. Fingers crossed it can be fixed.

Quick question: What iOS version do you have? I've got iPod v6.1.3

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 10:06 PM
Speed up costs have at least doubled, clearing also and time in the evolver has doubled!! My 8 hour egg is going to take 16 hours to evolve??? I hope this is a glitch and being looked into!! Costs are high enough!!!

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 10:07 PM
Speed up costs have at least doubled, clearing also and time in the evolver has doubled!! My 8 hour egg is going to take 16 hours to evolve??? I hope this is a glitch and being looked into!! Costs are high enough!!!

I'm Android, just in the even it matters.

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 10:12 PM
I'm Android, just in the even it matters.

I'm on Android and so far it seems to be ok...Just started a 23 hr breed (hoping for Dark Angel) and it's still 23 gold. On my other device I'm getting a moon dragon and it seems to be a 1:1 ratio right now too. So unclear if this is a glitch of some sort or a planned change.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 10:16 PM
I'm on Android and so far it seems to be ok...Just started a 23 hr breed (hoping for Dark Angel) and it's still 23 gold. On my other device I'm getting a moon dragon and it seems to be a 1:1 ratio right now too. So unclear if this is a glitch of some sort or a planned change.

Time in the evolver had doubled for me. I put an 8 hour egg in the evolver and it now shows 23 hours to be ready. This better be a glitch!

accisse
Double priced on my android phone but still 1:1 in my android on pc account. Guess we shall see tomorrow.

MomsHouseofSweets
Sorry ... I meant 16 hours, not 23.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 10:28 PM
There also seems to be an increase for evolving. I put in an 8 hour Cosmic egg and it shows me that it will be ready in 16 hours. This is crazy.

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 10:35 PM
There also seems to be an increase for evolving. I put in an 8 hour Cosmic egg and it shows me that it will be ready in 16 hours. This is crazy.

I don't have a cosmic dragon yet, but I put in my Atlas for its last evolution and it's still 17 hrs and 17 gold. so I don't think this glitch/feature has hit me yet at all.

undead30k
04-18-13, 10:39 PM
On my iPad it costs double gold for breeding/hatching/evolving - I'm level 94. On my android level 65 - I have half the time to breed/hatch/evolve and normal gold cost. On another note I have bought gold on my iPad account and never on android.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 10:42 PM
I don't have a cosmic dragon yet, but I put in my Atlas for its last evolution and it's still 17 hrs and 17 gold. so I don't think this glitch/feature has hit me yet at all.

Mine is the same too, only changes is that trading/crafting is 6 gold per hour and my stables price was reduced... it was 100 gold to upgrade to store 2 dragons but now it's 50 gold to store 2 dragons, and 100 to store 4 dragons! Good job I waited.. Now it's 600 gold for next upgrade.. I'll wait again.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 10:48 PM
Well ... this seems to be some sort of chain reaction going on. I paired Mythic and Gold... got a 12 hour egg. Ok, that's Firestorm, which has been the norm for this pairing. I just checked the time left in the den and now it shows 24 hours!. So ... guess the increase has spread to the the den as well as the other increases. Think I'm just not going to do anything more with this game until we hear what will be done about these increase problems.

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-18-13, 10:53 PM
Hilarious.

idestined
04-18-13, 10:53 PM
Mine is still 1 gold/1 hour but I never use gold to speed up and I haven't gotten the diamond temple/stables either.

bestiadrago
04-18-13, 10:59 PM
All x2 for me :(

kis1
04-18-13, 10:59 PM
Got an 18 hour breeding in the den with 9:42 remaining and speed up gold cost of 20... Seriously this had better be a glitch or I'm totally done with this game ...

dalexxx
04-18-13, 11:16 PM
Aint affcted. Still 1:1 ratio. But hoping for the half time reduction even for double gold. Cant imagine paying 88gold for my crusader fail.

Anyuszko
04-18-13, 11:17 PM
I think this happened:

Breeding time, evaluation time and hatching time halfed. But the price of speeding up remained.

I was breeding diamond+athletic for 44 hours, now I got a Crusader egg. It is 22 hour hatching now. Normally it would be 44 hrs, but Teamlava seems to halfed hatch time.

I AM HAPPY of it :)

And I dont care that speeding up seems like it "doubled". In really, it did not doubled, just remained the same. 2 days ago speeding up a Crusader hatch costed 44 gold. Now it costs 44 gold too. NOTHING changed. Only: the "normal" hatching time halfed, now it is only 22 hr instead of 44 hours.

The same is with breeding: I breed now a red+white, got Virtue for 16,5 breeding time (33 gold), also evaluate: umm I dont remember which egg I putted in, but got halfed time on it too.

So everybody, be happy!

dalexxx
04-18-13, 11:18 PM
Sorry for double post but noticed that the nest price now is 500gold and it was like250gold a week ago. My wifes ipod aint aint affected by this bug too :: )

Anyuszko
04-18-13, 11:20 PM
Sorry for double post but noticed that the nest price now is 500gold and it was like250gold a week ago. My wifes ipod aint aint affected by this bug too :: )

For me it is still 250

henrylucky
04-18-13, 11:22 PM
Nothing changed on my game

kis1
04-18-13, 11:23 PM
I think this happened:

Breeding time, evaluation time and hatching time halfed. But the price of speeding up remained.

I was breeding diamond+athletic for 44 hours, now I got a Crusader egg. It is 22 hour hatching now. Normally it would be 44 hrs, but Teamlava seems to halfed hatch time.

And I dont care that speeding up seems like it "doubled". In really, it did not doubled, just remained the same. 2 days ago speeding up a Crusader hatch costed 44 gold. Now it costs 44 gold too. NOTHING changed. Only: the "normal" hatching time halfed, now it is only 22 hr instead of 44 hours.

The same is with breeding: I breed now a red+white, got Virtue for 16,5 breeding time (33 gold), also evaluate: umm I dont remember which egg I putted in, but got halfed time on it too.

So everybody, be happy!

Be happy!?! You need to re-read the thread... Not everyone has the same times as you, for some people including me the breed time has remained the same, but the speed up cost of gold has doubled, so no I won't be happy, but I'm glad that you have benefited from the ridiculous changes

henrylucky
04-18-13, 11:24 PM
Maybe just for iOS

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-18-13, 11:24 PM
I think this happened:

So everybody, be happy!

Have you even read any of this post other than the subject heading?

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 11:25 PM

How many nests do you have?
2nd nest 250 gold
3rd nest 500 gold
4th nest 1000 gold it's still same price in market for me

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-18-13, 11:25 PM
Be happy!?! You need to re-read the thread... Not everyone has the same times as you, for some people including me the breed time has remained the same, but the speed up cost of gold has doubled, so no I won't be happy, but I'm glad that you have benefited from the ridiculous changes

You hit the nail on the head!

Talkin bout "so everybody, be happy!"

PLEASE.

kis1
04-18-13, 11:27 PM
Gold cost for EVERYTHING (breed, hatch, evolution) for some people has DOUBLED, they quite rightly aren't happy... Any response from TL yet?

Baraze
04-18-13, 11:35 PM
On my android to ios account everything costs the same. When i put this account back to my phone and switch my majn account back to my ipad, the prices better be the same! I dont understand all of these new features, without a notice beforehand from anyone on staff. What could be beautiful attractions are then seen as unwanted trash.

Anyuszko
04-18-13, 11:40 PM
Have you even read any of this post other than the subject heading?

Sorry for you. I was reading the first 3-4 pages and didnt understand what they are talking about. Didnt noticed this is again a "random" upgrade. Sorry for anyone whose prices doubled without lowering breeding time.
Was checking my daughters ACC, nothing changing there. I really dont understand what TL trying to check now

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-18-13, 11:49 PM
Sorry for you. I was reading the first 3-4 pages and didnt understand what they are talking about. Didnt noticed this is again a "random" upgrade. Sorry for anyone whose prices doubled without lowering breeding time.
Was checking my daughters ACC, nothing changing there. I really dont understand what TL trying to check now

lol. It's ok, sorry I lashed out a little!

I think it was this thread somewhere in the middle Kooky said she's gonna try and find out some information for us.

I was beyond confused when I checked my nest and my planet that is less than 8 hrs till hatching time (started last night) says 16 gold to finish. I thought it was just a glitch until I came here.... lol...
I then got even more confused when I popped rose into the evolution thingy and it said 16 gold to finish!

I just wish TL would finish one test project before bringing out several others!

henrylucky
04-18-13, 11:50 PM
Any android users' cost doubled?

angellahg
04-18-13, 11:51 PM
Gold cost for EVERYTHING (breed, hatch, evolution) for some people has DOUBLED, they quite rightly aren't happy... Any response from TL yet?

Kooky sent it over to a manager but noones in til the morning there.

angellahg
04-18-13, 11:52 PM
Any android users' cost doubled?

Yes and some kindle also

henrylucky
04-19-13, 12:00 AM
Yes and some kindle also

Thanks for info, I hope I'm not, because I'm playing on my aunt's tablet now! (Well, I don't see anything changed when I played on mine 9 hours ago)

Anyuszko
04-19-13, 12:01 AM
I just wish TL would finish one test project before bringing out several others!

agreed :)

itzjulezzz
04-19-13, 12:58 AM
I'm on Droid & my athletic is eleven hours, eleven gold & I just pushed a magic out of my nest to see if my time was cut in half to, but alas, no. :(

esmeetje1990
04-19-13, 01:08 AM
My Clockwork is now 6,5 hours to hatch, so if it means all times are cut in half, I think this is a great improvement!

eloami2
04-19-13, 01:25 AM
I'm on android in the nest I have to cosmic 4 hours 8 gold to accelerate breeding and eagle diamond and 6 hours and 12 acceleration.

Baraze
04-19-13, 01:33 AM
On my main ios account everything is the same. Thank gosh!

kurebiz
04-19-13, 01:38 AM
Seems the only one who benefits are those whose breeding times have been halved. No difference if they use gold to speed it up, but otherwise they do. Pity, I'm not in that group!

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-19-13, 02:17 AM
Seems the only one who benefits are those whose breeding times have been halved. No difference if they use gold to speed it up, but otherwise they do. Pity, I'm not in that group!

Me too. Wouldn't mind being in that group tbh!

Baraze
04-19-13, 02:46 AM

I agree. How many times have we said we would love for shorted times for dragons. Mercury, an ultra rare only needing an hour! But the good has to come with a flipside. Boo!

idestined
04-19-13, 02:47 AM
Jelly of the people with halved times :P

sgt420
04-19-13, 03:50 AM
On my droids it's normal but today on my iPad it doubled to fast track with gold. TL needs to fix this glitch.

kis1
04-19-13, 03:54 AM
Could it possibly only be doubled gold times for iPad users? I'm iPad also with double gold for speed u

darla1123
04-19-13, 04:02 AM
Mine is normal. I have to check my daughters iPod

lollipop_rp
04-19-13, 04:16 AM
I have this too!
I'm happy!

kurebiz
04-19-13, 04:18 AM
Could it possibly only be doubled gold times for iPad users? I'm iPad also with double gold for speed u

I don't think its device or OS-related. Someone posted in the android parity thread that they got the double gold times with no reduction in breeding times.

And this is the first "beta" test that actually includes android players.

mrarfan
04-19-13, 04:34 AM
Just the same as me! I bred Fire & Air trying to get Mythic/Easter/Clockwork...It says 6Hrs but to speed up is 12! I think they are dividing 2 with the breeding hrs...:/...

Olena
04-19-13, 04:34 AM
My situation: time is the same but boost is dubbled on Breeding Den, but at Evolution Temple time have got twice faster and cost dubbled.

Weird tests , Team Lava doing very weird test without announcing it. I don't like it at all - we were fine as it was before!

PS. One more weird thing - on my iPad everything still the same but those changes came out only for my iPhone.

KaliZevaLunaLove
04-19-13, 04:45 AM
I was playing last night before I went to sleep and noticed this. I had an egg in the nest that had about 40 minutes left to go before hatching, and two dragons in the breeding den about to give me another. I wondered what the issue was, seeing as they both wanted me to give them 2 gold. But I only had 2 gold to spend at that time, so I waited an extra 10 minutes for the clock to go under 30:00, hatched the Titan dragon that was in the nest, sold that because I already had one and I was trying to get a planet dragon anyways. Then, I sped up the dragons in the den, got another Titan, now I have about 7.5 hours left until he hatches. Aaaaand... It wants 15 gold. I would be better off waiting for it to hatch than trying to get a bunch of people to send me gold. This is trash. Lets be honest. :/

kms899
04-19-13, 04:48 AM
Mine is working normal for dragon breeding, but the stable upgrade is up 600 gold from 50 gold.

N0M3rcy92
04-19-13, 04:52 AM
I've got double prices and normal times aswell..
Sucky thing is, I can't even buy gold, because you can only buy it with a creditcard..

bumblez08
04-19-13, 04:56 AM
The time is split in half but the cost is just the same. breeding a magic would only be 10 hours, which i'm doing now, so I only wait for a short time, but it still costs 20 gold like it originally would. This I assume is helping to get rid of the long wait periods. So it's either you liked waiting a while for 1 gold an hour, or like waiting half the time for 2 golds an hour. the wait is so short now, the use of speeding for the 2 golds wouldn't probably be used anyways in my opinion. So i think this is pretty cool

kwhales
04-19-13, 05:05 AM
My breeding and speeding hasn't changed today either. Just put in diamond and diamond and got 17 hrs breed time and 17 gold to speed. Kind of wish I did get the shortened breed time. The gold speeding amount doesn't really matter as I don't speed too much and if I do it is usually the last couple hours.

17 hrs? Altas I guess. So weird. Never would have expected that from diamond diamond.

kurebiz
04-19-13, 05:11 AM
I was playing last night before I went to sleep and noticed this. I had an egg in the nest that had about 40 minutes left to go before hatching, and two dragons in the breeding den about to give me another. I wondered what the issue was, seeing as they both wanted me to give them 2 gold. But I only had 2 gold to spend at that time, so I waited an extra 10 minutes for the clock to go under 30:00, hatched the Titan dragon that was in the nest, sold that because I already had one and I was trying to get a planet dragon anyways. Then, I sped up the dragons in the den, got another Titan, now I have about 7.5 hours left until he hatches. Aaaaand... It wants 15 gold. I would be better off waiting for it to hatch than trying to get a bunch of people to send me gold. This is trash. Lets be honest. :/

Your breeding time has been halved and you call it thrash? You have no idea the number of ppl who'd like to be in your position!

Sigh, why are the lucky ones complaining when they have the luck of the draw.

bellarose2012
04-19-13, 05:14 AM
It isn't like that for everyone though. For some of us we have the same breed time but still double gold. So for us magic still takes 20hrs but cost 40 gold to speed up. So this is very not cool.

davewin
04-19-13, 05:18 AM
Your breeding time has been halved and you call it thrash? You have no idea the number of ppl who'd like to be in your position!

Sigh, why are the lucky ones complaining when they have the luck of the draw.

I know right :(
the gold cost for everything in my game doubled, but breed times remain the same.
http://imageshack.us/a/img90/4391/x2goldcost1.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5166/x2goldcost3.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img35/3338/x2goldcost2.png

funnyrandomness5112
04-19-13, 05:26 AM
Double Gold... Same Time for me.... Same gold time for brother, Half the time.... Lucky >.<

kurebiz
04-19-13, 05:26 AM
It isn't like that for everyone though. For some of us we have the same breed time but still double gold. So for us magic still takes 20hrs but cost 40 gold to speed up. So this is very not cool.

And I feel sorry for those people, like davewin here.. My timings/gold ratio is unchanged, just wished I had the halved timing because I rarely speed things up. :x

aceblade
04-19-13, 05:28 AM
Have any of the forum moderators addressed this issue yet? I was scanning the pages in the thread and I didn't see anything.

Batdragon71
04-19-13, 05:32 AM
Has it been established if this is a new feature of the game introduced by TL or if this is a glitch? I am on the double cost of gold also which means that I'm probably going to not get the easter dragon before it is withdrawn.

kwhales
04-19-13, 05:35 AM
Have any of the forum moderators addressed this issue yet? I was scanning the pages in the thread and I didn't see anything.

Yes KP did. But didn't know anything more then we do. It happened at night and TL was closed for the day. Maybe today we will get an explanation.

kooky panda
04-19-13, 05:40 AM
Yes, I did respond last night.:)

Since it will be a few hours before the community managers come on, I wanted to update you guys with the only additional information I have.

These changes are gameplay adjustments, it's not a bug.

I also want to thank-you for keeping your posts constructive overnight.

To answer a few questions, on why the differences on the games here is a post from ponyroar

I appreciate the time you took to study this and articulate your thoughts. It means a lot that our players are passionate about the game. I'd like to clear this one up. With any beta feature, adjustments may be made in order to balance the game and ensure that the economy of the game remains stable, which is important for the long term life of the game. However, these adjustments or changes have nothing do with the account or which currency you have a history of using (i.e. it is not affected by if you do or do not buy Gold at all).

The most important thing right now is to let Team Lava know how these changes have and will effect your personal game.

Lets keep this thread constructive so the community managers will have a good feedback thread to be able to send over to the team.:)

cedkugedchgd
04-19-13, 05:42 AM
i actually think that the double price is a pretty good idea. it keeps me away from spending my saved up gold. maybe i can try to save up for a third nest from now on? :D

cheryllemon
04-19-13, 05:53 AM
I just checked my nest and evolution temple and mine is s the same 7 hours 8 gold to speed up.

fluffkinsmcgoo
04-19-13, 05:55 AM
I don't like it. Had 10:59 left on a dragon, went to speed it up thinking it would be 11 gold. Ended up taking away 22. Not sure if it said it would be 11 or 22 though, since I just did it automatically.

Seems like there should be a popup saying "Attention: it now costs 1 gold per 30 minutes to speedup eggs".

Really annoying & a dumb idea to double the gold cost.

kwhales
04-19-13, 05:58 AM
I don't mind gameplay adjusments. I realize they are needed to keep the game interesting and active. But...why do it at night when no CM or TL staff is around to assist us with our questions.

A little warning would be appreciated. Tell us changes are coming, some we will like (half breeding time), some we won't. But changes are needed. That's all I ask, just a hint or two before a major change like this occurs.

And why so different for everyone? Price of items, availablity of items, breeding time changes, etc.
One major problem I see that happened last night was the introduction of the diamond boost thingy. People spent major gold on it. Then, TL lets them know its only for 7 days. Really not cool. This should have been explained before the outlay of cash in the form of gold.

I don't think people would be this upset about gameplay changes, IF we received explanations or advanced warning.

fitfunsparkle
04-19-13, 06:04 AM
I love it! Half the original time for breed, hatch, and evolve. Wizard, island, and magic fails aren't nearly as bad now and it allows me to try more than once per day. Gold price is still the same as always so no loss there. This is a win/win situation.

This should be across the board for all players though. It really doesn't make sense for the people who have the original long hours and to have doubled their cost. How would that make someone spend more gold? All that did was make people angry and want to quit.

eliteturtle
04-19-13, 06:05 AM
Well, on my device the gold also doubled.. But I'm currently breeding 'Night x Kite', took 8 and half hours and 17 gold to speed up. I seriously have no idea what I'm breeding, also not when I looked up at the egg chart. Anyone with a suggestion?

danni7788
04-19-13, 06:07 AM
Well, on my device the gold also doubled.. But I'm currently breeding 'Night x Kite', took 8 and half hours and 17 gold to speed up. I seriously have no idea what I'm breeding, also not when I looked up at the egg chart. Anyone with a suggestion?

There is nothing for 8.5 hours, but you are one of the lucky ones who had your breeding time cut in half! There are a couple things that are 17 hours, so you either have a luck, dream, or super

eliteturtle
04-19-13, 06:09 AM
There is nothing for 8.5 hours, but you are one of the lucky ones who had your breeding time cut in half! There are a couple things that are 17 hours, so you either have a luck, dream, or super
Yes, indeed, my breeding time is cut in half! That's nice..:) My evolution time is also cut in half! Well, I hope it's a dream, missing that one for a long, long time!

Mani_Sari
04-19-13, 06:14 AM
i actually think that the double price is a pretty good idea. it keeps me away from spending my saved up gold. maybe i can try to save up for a third nest from now on? :D

I hope they triple or quadruple your gold price lol. :p Hmmm,

"Originally Posted by PonyRoar" I'd like to clear this one up. With any beta feature, adjustments may be made in order to balance the game and ensure that the economy of the game remains stable" Hmmm, how does certain people getting the benefit of breeding time halved, while others have it for the worse can be considered balancing the game? Of course if I was one of the lucky few, I wouldn't be complaining as much, but as usual I get the short end of the stick on this game.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 06:28 AM
If some players received half breeding time or half of anything, those few chosen ones are fortunate. Everything doubled for me ... everything. If this is not a glitch, but was purposely and sneakily done, I will seriously consider whether or not I will continue playing. If I decide, after a verdict is reached about all these increases that it was, in fact, purposely done, I won't waste my time on a game driven by greed, sneaky, underhanded tactics and will exit stage left. I'm Android anyway and we're pretty much dead in the water when it comes to DS anyway and have been for a long time. These increases will be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.

kurebiz
04-19-13, 06:34 AM
I hope they halve it for everyone. People will still buy gold to speed it up since they would have paid the same previously. And if they want to wait it out, they benefit too. Same goes for those who doesn't buy gold. Makes everyone happy! I think its only fair, given the changes in the breeding rates.

lightling21
04-19-13, 06:35 AM
That happened with me too. I bred aurora and light and breeding time was 10 hours, gold was 20 to speed up

danni7788
04-19-13, 06:37 AM
Y
If some players received half breeding time or half of anything, those few chosen ones are fortunate. Everything doubled for me ... everything. If this is not a glitch, but was purposely and sneakily done, I will seriously consider whether or not I will continue playing. If I decide, after a verdict is reached about all these increases that it was, in fact, purposely done, I won't waste my time on a game driven by greed, sneaky, underhanded tactics and will exit stage left. I'm Android anyway and we're pretty much dead in the water when it comes to DS anyway and have been for a long time. These increases will be the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.

Did your breeding/hatching times double too in addition to gold? That would be just cruel. I feel at this point nothing would surprise me! Otherwise, I'm in a similar boat. Double gold for breeding, hatching, evolving, food, plus way more increases for trading and expanding.

kurebiz
04-19-13, 06:37 AM
That happened with me too. I bred aurora and light and breeding time was 10 hours, gold was 20 to speed up

Do you have the halved breeding time or double the gold? Because with that combination, its not possible to tell which is it.

danni7788
04-19-13, 06:39 AM

Well that's interesting because you could have gotten a coral with double gold cost or an island but had the breeding time halved! Hope you are one of the lucky ones

NouraMoh
04-19-13, 06:48 AM
So it's not a bug or a glitch or a mistake!!
It's here to stay!!

Yet again, some players are gonna pay more than others!
I ask TL for the third time: how is that fair ?!!
First the Boost, then the Stable now this!!
We are all playing the same game, why are we asked to pay differently ?!
Either higher/same or lower.. I really don't care. As long as we are all paying the same price

DS used to be a great game, now it's a big mess
I'd really really like to meet the guy behind these recent changes and congratulate him on ruining a perfectly awesome game!

Thank you!

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 06:48 AM
Y

Did your breeding/hatching times double too in addition to gold? That would be just cruel. I feel at this point nothing would surprise me! Otherwise, I'm in a similar boat. Double gold for breeding, hatching, evolving, food, plus way more increases for trading and expanding.

Yes. Everything doubled.

aceblade
04-19-13, 06:51 AM

Not a fan of the double gold fees for speeding up breeding.
It doesn't benefit the gamer at all.

Some people mentioned that their games have double gold fees BUT shortened breeding times. A change like that makes sense as it's a change that at least gives the gamer something to celebrate.

But, in my case where breeding times haven't been decreased, it doesn't make sense. Especially when I'm trying to speed up breeding times to get a LE dragon that's about to expire. The change in the game reflects a money grab in my example.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 06:57 AM
I have no halved anything.

knj00
04-19-13, 06:58 AM
So it's not a bug or a glitch or a mistake!!
It's here to stay!!

Yet again, some players are gonna pay more than others!
I ask TL for the third time: how is that fair ?!!
First the Boost, then the Stable now this!!
We are all playing the same game, why are we asked to pay differently ?!
Either higher/same or lower.. I really don't care. As long as we are all paying the same price

DS used to be a great game, now it's a big mess
I'd really really like to meet the guy behind these recent changes and congratulate him on ruining a perfectly awesome game!

Thank you!

Well said.

This change makes no sense at all. This is not something new that needed fixed or tested or whatever else. This was the one constant in this game you could count on. Something everyone had the same no matter the OS or when you started playing. This is a very disappointing change indeed.

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-19-13, 07:04 AM
*waits patiently for the next awesome feature*

Spiceshirl
04-19-13, 07:06 AM
[QUOTE=aceblade;602437]Not a fan of the double gold fees for speeding up breeding.
It doesn't benefit the gamer at all.

Some people mentioned that their games have double gold fees BUT shortened breeding times. A change like that makes sense as it's a change that at least gives the gamer something to celebrate.

But, in my case where breeding times haven't been decreased, it doesn't make sense. Especially when I'm trying to speed up breeding times to get a LE dragon that's about to expire. The change in the game reflects a money grab in my example.[/QUOT

Well I pulled the short stick again !!! There is no short breeding time it's just double of everything? I can't see why I'm being punish? Did I buy too much gold? are you running out?