PDA

View Full Version : My theory on why prices are different for some people.

GDude118
04-18-13, 02:41 PM
Warning: this thread is pure speculation. Nothing has been proven as fact.

Alot of people have said that the price difference for people is because teamlava is doing an experiment to see what people will pay for things, I personaly don't think that is the case. I think teamlava has made the boosted breeds and dragon storage stable priced based on what you are spending the most of at the time. Let me explain my thoughts.

When boosted breeds was released I was expanding and clearing like crazy, my coins droped like a falling rock. I was expanding with million coin expansions and then clearing 800,000 bark trees(name could be wrong) then the boosted breeds was released and i got the 500,000 coin cost. then i don't use gold to speed up breeds, I save my gold, plus I don;t spend any money buying gold. So my dragon storage stable was only 13 gold.

So basically I think if you were buying and spending a lot of gold or even just spending your neighbors gifted gold right away, you got the 50 gold boosted breed but, if you were evolving your white dragon hybrids or even pink hybrids(not sure if pink was releaed at that time) you were spending a lot of food doing it and got the 50,000 apples for boosted breed. same applies for dragon storage, if you spend a lot of gold, you got 50 gold price to build. If your a milder gold spender, you got 25, hardly any gold 13.

I just thought i'd throw that theory out there for ya'll. Ya'll can calculate what ya'll were spending the most of to see if it ended up like that for ya'll also. I was just thinking and thought that this was an interesting thought.

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 02:46 PM
good theory, but wrong. I know this because my fiancee who buys and spends a lot of gold got the stables for 13 gold (level 94). My son, who is level 22 or so and doesn't buy gold, accidentally bought his stable from a stupid popup and cost him 25 gold. I'm on android, so I don't have a stable, or boosted breed.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 02:49 PM
My stables was 50 gold, boosted breed 10 gold.... people I know got boosted breed 50 gold and another got 10k food. They both do not buy gold.

[S8] Elsa
04-18-13, 02:54 PM
I appreciate the time you took to study this and articulate your thoughts. It means a lot that our players are passionate about the game. I'd like to clear this one up. With any beta feature, adjustments may be made in order to balance the game and ensure that the economy of the game remains stable, which is important for the long term life of the game. However, these adjustments or changes have nothing do with the account or which currency you have a history of using (i.e. it is not affected by if you do or do not buy Gold at all).

kwhales
04-18-13, 02:57 PM
I personally think its the luck of the draw.

jovanisto
04-18-13, 04:55 PM
I don't think it works. I don't spend gold and have been spending a lot of coins clearing, growing diamondates etc. my noosted breed is 100,000 gold and my stable was 50 gold. So it does not work for me.

Baraze
04-18-13, 05:25 PM
I buy gold every month and my stable was 13 gold, while my boosted breeding is 100,000 coins.

On my smaller island that ill transfer over to ios from time to time, and where I check in once a day and never buy gold, the boost was 50,000 apples. I didnt get the offer for the stable there. I snorted at the cost of apples since Ive never had anywhere near that amount!

GDude118
04-18-13, 09:03 PM
I knew this would either be proven true or false instantly. Looks like its false.

I appreciate the time you took to study this and articulate your thoughts. It means a lot that our players are passionate about the game. I'd like to clear this one up. With any beta feature, adjustments may be made in order to balance the game and ensure that the economy of the game remains stable, which is important for the long term life of the game. However, these adjustments or changes have nothing do with the account or which currency you have a history of using (i.e. it is not affected by if you do or do not buy Gold at all).

Thanks for the info kooky. Kooky, would you happen to know what items, like boosted breeds, are still in beta testing and which ones beta tests are finished and have been officially released?

Boogie083
04-18-13, 10:18 PM
I knew this would either be proven true or false instantly. Looks like its false

Thanks for the info kooky. Kooky, would you happen to know what items, like boosted breeds, are still in beta testing and which ones beta tests are finished and have been officially released?

You replied to PonyRoar, not kooky :)

U didn't ask me but my guess is features are in beta until they are ported to Android.

GDude118
04-19-13, 12:20 AM
Oops. Sorry Pony. I was reading kookys responses in the Speeding up gold price increase thread before posting that response. I guess I still had kookys name in my head. I will try to pay more attention to that next time. :) now, thanks for the info Pony. ;)

kittycountess
04-19-13, 01:17 AM
Possibly stupid question but: What is a stable (if that's what you mean) and how do you boost breeds? I know I've heard it before but I never got such promotion and I'm still breeding the old fashioned way and getting the new breeds is nearly impossible.

maguar
04-19-13, 02:41 AM
Possibly stupid question but: What is a stable (if that's what you mean) and how do you boost breeds? I know I've heard it before but I never got such promotion and I'm still breeding the old fashioned way and getting the new breeds is nearly impossible.

For info on the stables see this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49733-Dragon-Storage-!!!-(Stable)) and this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47721-Boosted-breed) on boosted breeding