PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone "Theme" Their Food?

MoreOtter
04-17-13, 03:37 PM
Just a question for fun:

I've seen some brilliant eateries that really stick to a theme (Asian, burger joint, etc.) including super specific sections. That said, does anyone strive for ultra-authenticity and just, say, serve burgers at a 50's diner? All sushi and fish?

Also, I was randomly thinking how cute it'd be to have fake Yelp reviews when visiting my neighbors. Oh, my break is over? I'll shut up now. :)

nky1111
04-17-13, 04:10 PM
I try , but, then I'm out of authentic food pretty soon, and what? lol so, I just keep authentic dishes in many small piles, and other dishes in a few large piles.

marrrina
04-17-13, 04:19 PM
My restaurant is asian themed but I think if I served only asian-inspired food I'd run out far too quickly. All the recipes for that are way too short (like ramen and mochi ice cream) or too long (peking duck) so I serve everything.

CruiserBobs
04-17-13, 04:46 PM
I tried doing that, but I would master the dish eventually and it seems like a waste to keep cooking it.

I do like to organize and sort my food though, like I put the drinks together and meats together, etc.

amywinston13
04-17-13, 05:39 PM
I have started doing theme weeks, which has helped me to focus on dishes for mastery without feeling like I'm grinding. This week it's Japanese food: ramen, mochi ice cream, ham musubi, yakisoba dogs, sushi, sashimi, etc. Before that (and the spring goals) it was seaside brunch: juices, seafood avocados, lobster colorado, boiled lobster, oysters, gravlax, and olives & cheese. I don't redecorate, though. My restaurant is made up of a lot of themed rooms, so I'm sure at least one of them is serving appropriate food! ;-)

jmterao
04-18-13, 01:18 PM
I have one room that I change the theme on all the time. I serve themed food whenever possible. As time goes on I pick up decorations and such that I know I can use later. When they released the paper trees with the asian theme I bought some to use at Halloween.

Currently I have a western theme going, next will be a beach party theme.

lotuskat
04-19-13, 08:25 AM
Just a question for fun:

I've seen some brilliant eateries that really stick to a theme (Asian, burger joint, etc.) including super specific sections. That said, does anyone strive for ultra-authenticity and just, say, serve burgers at a 50's diner? All sushi and fish?

Also, I was randomly thinking how cute it'd be to have fake Yelp reviews when visiting my neighbors. Oh, my break is over? I'll shut up now. :)

OMG, I love the yelp review idea! (^_^)