PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story Confessions .

wassupbaby
04-16-13, 12:25 PM
I think we need a thread like this , at least i do , so i'll start first.
I dont visit my neighbours often eventhough they're awesome and very active in game. They write on my wall everyday , "heart" my kingdom and are very helpful with all goal's requests. I feel bad about it but not willing to change :S
~Awesome Babylon~

nickerrs
04-17-13, 05:05 AM
I second that, wassupbaby. Although, I will say that I make sure I gift every day unless I happen to be out of town. Thank you to all of my awesome neighbors! I'll try to get better about visiting, I promise :)

sluppies
04-17-13, 05:58 AM
Shame on you both! Lol. I visit all of my neighbours everyday...do unto others as you expect them to do for you. I regularly go threw my neighbours lists and if they don't tip at all then they must understand why they are deleted.

fitfunsparkle
04-17-13, 06:06 AM
I don't visit very often, maybe once a week. I have three people that i gift every day, and of course i grant any requests that come my way. I wouldn't delete people for not visiting. I don't care if anyone visits as long as they respond to requests when quests come up that need them.

NayanPrakash
04-17-13, 07:29 AM
Shame on you both! Lol. I visit all of my neighbours everyday...do unto others as you expect them to do for you. I regularly go threw my neighbours lists and if they don't tip at all then they must understand why they are deleted.
I am exactly like you thenI also visit my neighbours daily and am a 4 star neighbour

puffindutch
04-17-13, 07:32 AM
Ooh am I classified as one of the awesome neighbours then? LOL. I try and visit my nbrs everyday and respond to requests but I never leave a msg and if they are full I just go onto next nbr. I have 250 nbrs, no time for messages. I don't care if nbrs visit me, leave msgs etc. We all live busy lives, live in different time zones. This game is a harmless bit of fun, don't stress it, just enjoy playing how you want to.

hmgdanielson
04-17-13, 09:10 AM
I don't visit my neighbors, either. I just don't have enough time. But I do gift everyday, and I answer all requests for help.

And because of my lack of time, my kingdom is a disaster... I had made a design out of walls for Christmas, and then Valentines, so all the buildings were pushed to the outside. Then new quests and buildings and such came along and I didn't have time to redesign - I just took down the walls and threw stuff into the space.

nickerrs
04-17-13, 10:41 AM

Guilty as charged :( I have about 126 neighbors, so it's really hard to carve out the time to visit them. I keep trying to delete some, but it's harder for me to tell who's active and who isn't since I'm not visiting on a regular basis. I won't get offended if I'm deleted just because I don't visit lol... But I will say that I do accept all requests and gift the max.

dng1234
04-17-13, 04:12 PM
I make sure to gift daily and also reply to requests but visiting neighbors is not a priority for me. I try to visit everyone at least once a week but it doesn't always happen. If my neighbors delete for that then so be it.

blurbie
04-17-13, 04:18 PM
Maguar gave me good advice a while ago, for which I am grateful! I wondered how to tell who is active and who has quit. He said to make a spreadsheet. So I did! On the computer I made a list of neighbor kingdoms and noted level and royal points. I printed it out and kept a copy in the computer, and kept track of gifters and commenters on my wall on the printed copy. Once every 6 weeks, I go back to change player level and royal points. Non-players have no change and never visit or gift so I delete them. A few get a second chance before deleting them.

I used to visit my hundreds of neighbors but my life got busy even though I only have about 115 now. Used to gift many people amd keep track of gifters and gift back in order received, but now have 6 that I gift every other day. It is simpler this way. I always visit back but don't have time to visit everyone every day.

The spreadsheet has helped me not to visit kingdoms who never have hearts to tap, or to gift people who have left. I have time for players, but my time is not wasted on vacant kingdoms. I can delete them without feeling bad.

Baraze
04-17-13, 04:19 PM
I play bakery, restaurant, dragon, monster, fashion, castle, home de.....well you get the point. In castle I dont have time to visit everyone everyday. I do it maybe once a week to check out how everyone is progressing and because I like the kingdom designs. I try to alternate between who I gift to keep it fair. I respond to requests multiple times a day. This game is much too fun to focus on visiting. I just want my requests answered.

Baraze
04-17-13, 04:21 PM
Maguar gave me good advice a while ago, for which I am grateful! I wondered how to tell who is active and who has quit. He said to make a spreadsheet. So I did! On the computer I made a list of neighbor kingdoms and noted level and royal points. I printed it out and kept a copy in the computer, and kept track of gifters and commenters on my wall on the printed copy. Once every 6 weeks, I go back to change player level and royal points. Non-players have no change and never visit or gift so I delete them. A few get a second chance before deleting them.

I used to visit my hundreds of neighbors but my life got busy even though I only have about 115 now. Used to gift many people amd keep track of gifters and gift back in order received, but now have 6 that I gift every other day. It is simpler this way. I always visit back but don't have time to visit everyone every day.

The spreadsheet has helped me not to visit kingdoms who never have hearts to tap, or to gift people who have left. I have time for players, but my time is not wasted on vacant kingdoms. I can delete them without feeling bad.

My pantry doesnt even have that much organization!

k2togyo
04-17-13, 05:01 PM
I visit my neighbors almost everyday because I want the extra energy and points. I don't leave messages on their walls and I don't really care if they visit me or not. I had over a hundred neighbors at one point but when I got to level 30 I deleted some of the inactive ones just because I had other things going on in my life and didn't have the time. To determine if they were active or inactive I just checked as I visited them to see if they had current items such as the royal exchange and/or some of the V-day items. Also if I visit a neighbor and they're full I don't come back that day. Some people seem to get bent out of shape if they think you don't visit every day. The reality is that most of us have family, job, and other obligations that are more imprortant.

sjs0514
04-17-13, 05:15 PM
I visit my neighbors almost everyday because I want the extra energy and points. I don't leave messages on their walls and I don't really care if they visit me or not. I had over a hundred neighbors at one point but when I got to level 30 I deleted some of the inactive ones just because I had other things going on in my life and didn't have the time. To determine if they were active or inactive I just checked as I visited them to see if they had current items such as the royal exchange and/or some of the V-day items. Also if I visit a neighbor and they're full I don't come back that day. Some people seem to get bent out of shape if they think you don't visit every day. The reality is that most of us have family, job, and other obligations that are more imprortant.

I also visit neighbors each day for the energy and points. I have received messages on my wall that say "full." Have always wondered what that means. Please explain.

k2togyo
04-17-13, 05:25 PM
It means they couldn't leave you hearts but wanted you to know that they did come by for a visit.

twigsandberries
04-17-13, 09:29 PM
What I care most about is responding to eachothers' requests, which I do throughout the day. There are so many neighbors and the gift limit is so low, can't really judge it by that. Every time the game loads it shows the latest messages about who visited or answered requests. I glance at that and that's how I know who is active. As for visiting I visit players who seem to come by a lot and also to see progress and castle designs, but I don't mind if neighbors don't visit.

wassupbaby
04-18-13, 01:15 AM
I play bakery, restaurant, dragon, monster, fashion, castle, home de.....well you get the point. In castle I dont have time to visit everyone everyday. I do it maybe once a week to check out how everyone is progressing and because I like the kingdom designs. I try to alternate between who I gift to keep it fair. I respond to requests multiple times a day. This game is much too fun to focus on visiting. I just want my requests answered.
Exactly my case , i play many TL games so i dont have time for everyone :(
And i have 270 neighbors . Well, time to remove inactive players .
My next confession : once or twice i purposely declined goal requests :D ( guess i was in a bad mood )

zombiefun
04-18-13, 02:18 AM
Wassupbaby, declined goal requests? Omg, that is evil ;)

bjuiil
04-18-13, 04:34 AM
I'm bad about neighbour visits. I visit a few per day - and to be honest - that's just so I can get the extra lives. ;p

I play too many TL games and I've seriously cut back on visits - I try, but it's just not possible. I grant every request and gift in BS and RS, but for some reason CS is harder to keep track of. Plus I have 174nbrs coz I accept everyone. :)

wassupbaby
04-18-13, 06:10 AM
Wassupbaby, declined goal requests? Omg, that is evil ;)

C'mon guys , why am i the only one making confessions here. Don't tell me i'm the only bad guy here :X

mamareader02
04-18-13, 06:17 AM
Lol-ok wussup,I'll fess up to decling a request on fashion a few months ago-only one!but on castle-never!think I declined cause they had barely just invited me to be neighbor and didnt have the courtesy to even give a first time"hiya,howya doin visit"(it's just good manners ,and not large neighbor list there)
My worst confession for castle?i can't seem to put the game down for more than half an hour!i accept all requests there,and all neighbor requests,but don't expect me to visit,I keep a short fave list on my wall,and those are the only people I visit

maguar
04-18-13, 03:17 PM
C'mon guys , why am i the only one making confessions here. Don't tell me i'm the only bad guy here :X

So we're after confessions and confessions of the not so good kind. Please don't hold the following against me:

I store and place buildings to clear them for people to help. Sometimes though I can't be bothered so people go heartless from my kingdom.

I've never intentionally declined requests but sometimes I've waited before responding only to find that they've disappeared.

I started with visiting neighbours daily, then alternating days, then once a week. I'm not sure how long it's been for some now. I do try to return visits but there are some days when there's just so many, it takes so much time and I'm so tired from work. If you've ever visited me and I haven't returned the visit it wasn't personal I was just having a slack day.

Like I said please don't judge me too badly.

OpeningCeremony
04-18-13, 03:58 PM
i'm off and on when it comes to visiting neighbors. i like to do it in CS because we're rewarded with up to 10 energy. but i just run out of time to do it on a consistent basis as I also play on most of the other TL games. if i visit neighbors in CS, i'll visit ppl who post on my wall or the ones closest to top in social because it's faster for me. do i care if ppl visit me? no. but i only care when it comes to accepting my requests. i am pretty good at accepting my nbrs' requests on all the TL games. i don't think my nbrs in CS are terribly picky, which is nice :)

i find the players in BS to be the most finnicky when it comes to tipping and gifting - sometimes this annoys me :cool:. but i love my FS nbrs! so i love visiting and gifting there :) but i will have to say that i am most obsessive about playing in CS because i never want my energy to hit the max and go unused and it's the most dynamic of all the games - love love love

wassupbaby
04-19-13, 12:54 AM
No judging here , feel free to post your confessions :)
Next confession : sometimes i ignore people who wrote on my wall asking for help,tips. I think it's too long to explain on wall and my game is crashing sometime so ... If you are one of them , ask here in the forum and i'll help you :X

Baraze
04-19-13, 01:43 AM
Exactly my case , i play many TL games so i dont have time for everyone :(
And i have 270 neighbors . Well, time to remove inactive players .
My next confession : once or twice i purposely declined goal requests :D ( guess i was in a bad mood )

Hahahahahaha....wha...? My gosh, that is harsh. I dont read my wall but once or twice a month and feel bad when I see someone tried to strike up a conversation or asked me to add them to help with goals. I dont know why I envision someone being lonely and feeling down, with no friends, but I do.

Last night I had a dream that would have put games of thrones to shame. Thurston was kidnapped. I was ivys ditzy sister who had to break into a super cuts to trim my hear and go save him. Alicorn was addicted to starbucks and kept making me fall off of her for being too hyperactive. I could tell the whole store but dreaming about the game so deeply is embarrassing!

NayanPrakash
04-19-13, 02:37 AM
Lol, dreaming about the game. I haven't got a dream about castle story(yet!) but I often think about it. Like when I'm in school and the teacher is saying something that is not-so-interesting and I'm pretending to listen, I'm actually thinking about the game lol. Like what I'm going to set for crafting today in my workshops he he. That's only one of my confessions though lol. I'm a 4 star neighbour in Castle story, but actually I often don't visit my neighbours everyday, it's more like alternate daysSometimes when I'm in a good mood I visit everyday, and I get so many messages that I visit quite a lot of my neighbours everyday, so that makes me have a 4 star rating even though sometimes I don't visit everyday lol

maguar
04-19-13, 03:04 AM
I've had a couple of castle story dreams, usually before an update comes out. Last night I dreamt that when visiting neighbours we could click on their animals, craft buildings etc and have a chance of getting an item. Was pret cool and then I woke up and remembered we can't do that.

55Merida
04-25-13, 05:05 PM
Ok, so this is a lame confession but here goes... I hoard my coins and gems. Its totally dumb, I don't know what I'm saving them for but its like a bank account and i get all happy the more coins I get and more angry every time an accidental double tab occurs and takes a few gems.

Additional confession... I actually bought a stylus just to play this game so as to avoid the double tabs bc I play on my iPhone only.

Yes, Nerd. I'm okay with it.

WylieCoyote869
04-25-13, 11:18 PM
True story: Was in a new local restaurant called "The Cookout". They make homemade grill-type meals - hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc. On the wall above our booth was a small cowhide. When the waitress approached, I asked her if they were saving it for a banner or trapper trade. She said "OMG, Castle Story!" Small world.

They wouldn't let me take the hide as a souvenir...

wassupbaby
04-26-13, 02:06 AM
True story: Was in a new local restaurant called "The Cookout". They make homemade grill-type meals - hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc. On the wall above our booth was a small cowhide. When the waitress approached, I asked her if they were saving it for a banner or trapper trade. She said "OMG, Castle Story!" Small world.

They wouldn't let me take the hide as a souvenir...
Uh it's cute story :)