PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Breed ultra rare hybrids!

RebeccaStiletto
04-16-13, 01:35 AM
There has been a lot of discussion about how hard it is to breed especially pink/black hybrids.

How many times are you prepared to try to get hybrids like dark angel or unicorn?

Remember to mention your device (ios, android, kindle).

I took a head start with unicorn. I have failed 150 times using diamond and virtue (android).

Let the challenge begin, remember to share your story. Take a screenshot if you succeed! :)

kurebiz
04-16-13, 04:31 AM
been trying for helios since it came out. didn't record the number of tries but I reckon it should be close to 50.. (i don't speed breed much).
think i'm going to stop soon though, to try for the peacock and dawntree, then get back to this (not exactly sure when seeing that TL is back to the 2 dragons per week schedule).

on android.

emergRN
04-16-13, 05:42 AM
on android. attempted unicorn a bagillion times! well more like 170. but still, it is frustrating. no game should be able to make u this frustrated lol

henrylucky
04-16-13, 06:23 AM
just 5 minutes to get Crusader and 12 minutes to get Quetzal, still no other hybrids

DragonTan1
04-16-13, 07:45 AM
Crusader - After a few hours I got it.

Quetzal - Took just as long as Crusader.

Gold - It didn't take long and was much faster than Crusader & Quetzal.

Helios - I got every fail possible! Even 2 more Crusader and another Gold. I'm sick of yellow/red dragons now. :p

Anubis - It was a DA fail lol

Angel - I got first try with Pearl & Diamond! After many Light & Diamond fails, and just a few hours after Anubis.

http://i.imgur.com/qxp55PJ.jpg

Unicorn - I tried for over a week, on and off for Unicorn & DA... It was hard to get!

Dark Angel - I got a few hours after Dawn Tree, only took three tries... I was expecting Night lol

http://i.imgur.com/pLB1GeL.jpg

Infinity - I got with Diamond & Crusader, after a few hours of Fire fails. I thought it was best to go for it now before a pure red dragon was released!

http://i.imgur.com/R6ZOOZw.jpg

Mercury - I don't have yet, he won't hide for much longer. :p

gaboi007
04-16-13, 12:03 PM
I'm an android users.I'm on my 68th breeding for an Angel dragon using light and diamond and still no angel

SamKanj
04-16-13, 12:16 PM
Crusader - After a few hours I got it.

Quetzal - Took just as long as Crusader.

Gold - It didn't take long and was much faster than Crusader & Quetzal.

Helios - I got every fail possible! Even 2 more Crusader and another Gold. I'm sick of yellow/red dragons now. :p

Anubis - It was a DA fail lol

Angel - I got first try with Pearl & Diamond! After many Light & Diamond fails, and just a few hours after Anubis.

http://i.imgur.com/qxp55PJ.jpg

Unicorn - I tried for over a week, on and off for Unicorn & DA... It was hard to get!

Dark Angel - I got a few hours after Dawn Tree, only took three tries... I was expecting Night lol

http://i.imgur.com/pLB1GeL.jpg

Infinity - I got with Diamond & Crusader, after a few hours of Fire fails. I thought it was best to go for it now before a pure red dragon was released!

http://i.imgur.com/R6ZOOZw.jpg

Mercury - I don't have yet, he won't hide for much longer. :p

I didn't know that you could get Infinity by breeding Diamond and Crusader, I thought that you could only get either Crusader or Fire.
I guess I am going for it, just scared to get a Crusader fail!

DragonTan1
04-16-13, 12:25 PM
I didn't know that you could get Infinity by breeding Diamond and Crusader, I thought that you could only get either Crusader or Fire.
I guess I am going for it, just scared to get a Crusader fail!

Diamond/Diamond can get Infinity so it makes sense that Diamond/Crusader will get Infinity. Two Diamond hybrids will get you Infinity too, or Diamond and any Diamond hybrid.

lollipop_rp
04-16-13, 12:32 PM
Interesting breed...
I have a gold so would gold x diamond get me a infinity?

Also, 20-50 is average for a fail time. The most troubling dragon for me was EASTER!!! Just got it this morning.
(alternative account)

cedkugedchgd
04-16-13, 12:36 PM
the only one missing for me is helios -_-

DragonTan1
04-16-13, 01:10 PM
Interesting breed...
I have a gold so would gold x diamond get me a infinity?

Also, 20-50 is average for a fail time. The most troubling dragon for me was EASTER!!! Just got it this morning.
(alternative account)

Yes it would... but fails would be Air or Gold. Why not try and get a Crusader? Then it will be easier.

teogionia
04-16-13, 01:56 PM
the best choice would be diamond forest, 32 hour instead of 44 if u are getting diamond hybrid, thats how I got mine, infinity was quetzal fail :)
Crusider- 6 fail time
Quetzal- 200+
unicorn-still dont have one already failed 50 times or so
With splitting color its very hard to get diamond, I am more likely to get angel or crusader then unicorn out of virtu/diamond combo, I think colors should not split while breeding with diamond, As it was when unicorn was first introduced

DragonTan1
04-16-13, 02:26 PM
the best choice would be diamond forest, 32 hour instead of 44 if u are getting diamond hybrid, thats how I got mine, infinity was quetzal fail :)
Crusider- 6 fail time
Quetzal- 200+
unicorn-still dont have one already failed 50 times or so
With splitting color its very hard to get diamond, I am more likely to get angel or crusader then unicorn out of virtu/diamond combo, I think colors should not split while breeding with diamond, As it was when unicorn was first introduced

Diamond/Quetzal was best for Infinity but now Dawn Tree is out so Crusader is. If pink didn't split then fail times would be 33 hours, Night would always be 23 hours... pink and black splits is better when trying for DA & Unicorn... not so much when going for the other hybrids.

fitfunsparkle
04-16-13, 02:58 PM
When i am trying for a dragon i will give it a few tries, then try for something different. I am willing to try many times, just not all in a row for the same thing unless it is one of the short time fails. I hate fails longer tham eight hours!
I am going to try for Infinity with diamond & crsader, per dragontan's advice.
Previous rare's:
Diamond- second try
Unicorn - fourth try
Quetzl and crusader - bunch of tries during a half hour tv show. I would say about 15-20 min each. Love short fails!
Dawn tree - 15 tries

I dont really consider those short fail dragons to be rare i guess.
Night hybrids- still dont even have one. Will try for some after infinity :) oh, im ios.

lollipop_rp
04-16-13, 03:59 PM
Yes it would... but fails would be Air or Gold. Why not try and get a Crusader? Then it will be easier.

Okay thanks!
I got the gold while trying for Easter. I used firestorm x diamond. I guess diamond and air overpowered the fire.... :)

roni122285
04-16-13, 04:37 PM
Already tried like 50 times, over the course of a few months, to get a diamond but still don't have one :(

tonguelashing
04-16-13, 04:43 PM
the only one missing for me is helios -_-

must be nice. I only have diamond, infinity, crusader, quetzal.

DragonTan1
04-16-13, 04:51 PM
Finally Got Mercury! :D

http://i.imgur.com/cZReUoo.jpg

tonguelashing
04-16-13, 04:54 PM
Finally Got Mercury! :D

http://i.imgur.com/cZReUoo.jpg

ok, I hate you now :D

MonteZamu
04-16-13, 05:22 PM
I just got a gold dragon hatching. Took me 106 tries. Immediately after I got peacock.

fitfunsparkle
04-16-13, 05:48 PM
Spent an hour trying for infinity with diamond and crusader. Nothing, and i got tired of tapping every ten seconds lol. Put diamond and night together, 23 hours....night or maybe Dark Angel! Have tried twice for DA previously. Spun the wheel to get my stupid 50 food and got a clockwork!!!! Tomorrow will do more infinity tries.

RebeccaStiletto
04-17-13, 02:05 AM
Phew.. 152 Unicorn fails!

I've been trying it for a month now at least. Non-stop. :P

I'll keep going until I get one. Kinda interested to see just how many fails it'll take..

awsumum
04-17-13, 02:15 AM
I have tried over 200 times for dark angel

Also about 150 plus goes for Helios

These are the only two dragons I'm missing

I'm on iOS

bellarose2012
04-17-13, 05:25 AM
Diamond-took months of trying different combinations and I finally got one using aurora and forest
Quetzal-I bred diamond and forest around 20 times to get my first one, then I got 3 more while trying for infinity.
Crusader-I bred diamond and fire around 50 times.
Infinity-I tried using diamond and quetzal a bunch of times to no avail, then today I decided to try diamond and crusader, before a new pure fire hybrid comes out and makes the fail times longer, and I got 40hr breed time the first try.

funnyrandomness5112
04-17-13, 05:34 AM
I got a Quetzal after probably 60 tries and A Crusader after 3...... Gold has been probably 100+ Tries and still NO gold! -.-

DragonTan1
04-17-13, 06:09 AM
Diamond-took months of trying different combinations and I finally got one using aurora and forest
Quetzal-I bred diamond and forest around 20 times to get my first one, then I got 3 more while trying for infinity.
Crusader-I bred diamond and fire around 50 times.
Infinity-I tried using diamond and quetzal a bunch of times to no avail, then today I decided to try diamond and crusader, before a new pure fire hybrid comes out and makes the fail times longer, and I got 40hr breed time the first try.

Nice job on Infinity! :D

maxnono
04-17-13, 01:04 PM
For the easter dragon i have try 34 times.

teogionia
04-18-13, 12:59 PM
No dragon should need more then 100 breeding, I failed 150 times for snowman, its not normal

maxnono
04-18-13, 01:13 PM
Ouhhh... It is a lot