PDA

View Full Version : Speed Farming Guide 2.0

Shaw
05-23-10, 10:04 AM
Refer to the newer, complete guide (that deals only with speed farming).

Shaw
05-23-10, 10:08 AM
Reserved, for probable updates

RealTelstar
05-23-10, 10:19 AM
Very good, it saved me a lot of time :)

ilikecookiez13
05-23-10, 10:40 AM
Don't you have to pay 10 coins for plowing?
I made my own sheet to calculate what crop would pay better...
Got this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dHZjMVZUN1g1ZVkzUnZLQTBpQVFBQ nc&hl=nl).
And I don't know if this works for others.
But if I plant the seeds for Strawberries or something which takes some time if you plant alot, and I visit someone else his profile, it will be planted inmediately.
Maybe usefull for others?

Unregistered
05-23-10, 10:44 AM
Don't you have to pay 10 coins for plowing?
I made my own sheet to calculate what crop would pay better...
Got this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dHZjMVZUN1g1ZVkzUnZLQTBpQVFBQ nc&hl=nl).
But if I plant the seeds for Strawberries or something which takes some time if you plant alot, and I visit someone else his profile, it will be planted inmediately.

Comes up restricted??

ilikecookiez13
05-23-10, 10:50 AM
Comes up restricted??

What do you mean?

Unregistered
05-23-10, 10:55 AM
What do you mean?

It says We're sorry, (email address edited out) does not have permission to access this spreadsheet.

You have your google doc restricted for invite only - it's not public.

I logged out and it comes up with needing to login to view it.

Shaw
05-23-10, 10:59 AM

I've noticed the same thing happens if you close and reopen the app.

Could be marginally useful if you are speed farming, although Strawberries and Raspberries would still seem on par.

ilikecookiez13
05-23-10, 11:02 AM
It says We're sorry, (email address edited out) does not have permission to access this spreadsheet.

You have your google doc restricted for invite only - it's not public.

I logged out and it comes up with needing to login to view it.

My apologies, didn't knew that.
Changed it I think.

Unregistered
05-23-10, 11:13 AM
My apologies, didn't knew that.
Changed it I think.

Comes up now. Thanks.

Danielle
05-23-10, 02:40 PM
Crop XP Cost Payout Profit Time Profit/hour XP/hour
Raspber 0 0 20 20 0,02 1200,0 0,0 without delays
Strawbe 1 0 30 30 0,08 360,0 12,0 without delays
Blackcur 1 60 165 105 4 26,3 0,3
Cabbage 2 100 250 150 6 25,0 0,3
Broccoli 2 120 295 175 8 21,9 0,3 Probably best timewise
Carrot 1 25 80 55 3 18,3 0,3
Grape 2 85 220 135 8 16,9 0,3
Watermel 2 150 320 170 12 14,2 0,2
Lemon Cu 3 65 240 175 16 10,9 0,2
Potato 4 120 345 225 24 9,4 0,2
Tomato 3 50 200 150 16 9,4 0,2
Pomegra 2 60 170 110 12 9,2 0,2
Onion 4 45 210 165 24 6,9 0,2
Spinach 5 105 405 300 48 6,3 0,1
Bell Pepp 2 30 90 60 12 5,0 0,2
Red Qui 6 130 535 405 96 4,2 0,1
Wheat 5 75 265 190 48 4,0 0,1
Corn 4 35 115 80 24 3,3 0,2
Rice 5 70 280 210 72 2,9 0,1

Shaw
05-23-10, 05:58 PM
I've tried to indicate (in another thread) the issue that I see in your math.

It is fundamentally correct, but there are additional variables to consider when dealing with crops that grow quickly.

Plowing experience and planting time won't greatly affect the numbers for something that takes forever to grow... but with Strawberries and Raspberries, the numbers are way off... sorry to say.

ilikecookiez13
05-24-10, 05:40 AM
I made a new version of my spreadsheet.
This one shows how much coins you get for crops and also watered crops. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dEM1XzBOR0toLWU5S1d6YlhPczU4a lE&hl=nl#gid=0)

And an attempt of XP spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dEs2WWotRFVvdFowSVR3OEE4dGVUT lE&hl=nl)

Please tell me if something is wrong.

And if you want to know which crop is the best, I would go for Black Currants.
Explained > http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?56-Black-Currant

Unregistered
05-24-10, 06:56 AM
I've tried to indicate (in another thread) the issue that I see in your math.

It is fundamentally correct, but there are additional variables to consider when dealing with crops that grow quickly.

Plowing experience and planting time won't greatly affect the numbers for something that takes forever to grow... but with Strawberries and Raspberries, the numbers are way off... sorry to say.

You can NEVER factor in the time it takes to plow, plant and pick your crops in these spreadsheets so STOP harping on the issue. Differant people are going to do these things at differant speeds. If you only did one square you'd be much faster then if you were planting 100. Any attempt you make to compensate for plow/plant/pick times will be just as flawed as those that do not.

Get a life and stop moaning on everyones threads about this subject.

ilikecookiez13
05-24-10, 09:02 AM
You can NEVER factor in the time it takes to plow, plant and pick your crops in these spreadsheets so STOP harping on the issue. Differant people are going to do these things at differant speeds. If you only did one square you'd be much faster then if you were planting 100. Any attempt you make to compensate for plow/plant/pick times will be just as flawed as those that do not.

Thank you for sharing the news slowpoke, everyone knows that.
Spreadsheets just show which crop gives most profit and could be usefull for somebody thats interested and not for smartasses like you flaming because of obvious things like that.
Troll somewhere else or flame on an other site.

Mr Qwerty
05-24-10, 09:07 AM
Spreadsheets just show which crop gives most profit and could be usefull for somebody thats interested and not for smartasses like you flaming because of obvious things like that.

You're B**ching at the wrong player here. The OP, Shaw that you are so quick to defend has been posting in EVERY thread that had anything to do with a Spreadsheet how their spreadsheets were inaccurate and his was the best because they didn't account for plowing, planting and picking times.

I for one am glad to see someone call him out and knock him off his high horse.

Unregistered
05-24-10, 09:15 AM

You're B**ching at the wrong player here. The OP, Shaw that you are so quick to defend has been posting in EVERY thread that had anything to do with a Spreadsheet how their spreadsheets were inaccurate and his was the best because they didn't account for plowing, planting and picking times.

ROFLMAO... Getting pretty nasty in here. Let me add my spreadsheet to this thread so I can get in on all this love :p

The following spreadsheet takes into account the 1 point of experience you get for plowing the ground as well as the $10 it cost you. I have put the crops in order of how long it takes them to ripen in my spreadsheet as I find that to be a better order then their store order.

http://www.mynetimages.com/a81bb634b2.jpg

***Please note however, this spreadsheet does NOT take into account the time it takes to plow, plant and pick your crops. It does its calculations as if you were able to plant INSTANTLY again as soon as your crops were ripened. For instance: it assumes you can plant 60 raspberries in an hour because they ripen in 1 minute, however that would truthfully be an impossibility due to the time lost from plowing, planting and picking.

Also PLEASE show off your farm in my thread at...
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37-Show-Us-Your-Farm!!!

ilikecookiez13
05-24-10, 09:16 AM

Is it wrong to correct someone?
I didn't see Shaw flame because someone else was not right.
He has the decency to stay polite instead of telling someone else they're FAIL because they did something incorrect.

No comment on my reply to your "accuracy" post?
Why are you all trying to flamebait him?

ROFLMAO... Getting pretty nasty in here. Let me add my spreadsheet to this thread so I can get in on all this love :p

The following spreadsheet takes into account the 1 point of experience you get for plowing the ground as well as the $10 it cost you. I have put the crops in order of how long it takes them to ripen in my spreadsheet as I find that to be a better order then their store order.

"Big image here"

***Please note however, this spreadsheet does NOT take into account the time it takes to plow, plant and pick your crops. It does its calculations as if you were able to plant INSTANTLY again as soon as your crops were ripened. For instance: it assumes you can plant 60 raspberries in an hour because they ripen in 1 minute, however that would truthfully be an impossibility due to the time lost from plowing, planting and picking.

Also PLEASE show off your farm in my thread at...
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37-Show-Us-Your-Farm!!!

Thanks for sharing, but you already posted that here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?38-How-the-game-*REALLY*-works&p=297&viewfull=1#post297).