PDA

View Full Version : Package file is invalid?!

zan5
04-15-13, 07:57 PM
Just trying to download the new Spring edition. It won't work and I get a message of "package file invalid."
I am using an android phone.
Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone suggest a solution???

DragonTan1
04-15-13, 07:59 PM
This happens on other apps too. Try to download it again, if that doesn't work restart device and try again.

zan5
04-15-13, 09:06 PM
Thanks for your suggestion, but still no luck.
I have restarted and tried several times.
Any other ideas??

nky1111
04-16-13, 02:17 AM
May be you've run out of space? Otherwise, get on a broadband connection somehow..

jellypie200
04-16-13, 04:15 AM
Okay this just happened to me yesterday on my android tablet when you downloaded it and it didn't work download it again and it should work because that's how it worked when I tried it
I was also downloading this because I needed gems in bakery story

zan5
04-16-13, 07:37 PM
Still won't work!
I think I'll email TL, maybe they can suggest something??
I am using a wireless connection, plenty of room on my phone, it is practically new.
I also want gems for bakery story and DS. I have tried downloading it through the link on both games, and from the store directly.
Getting very annoying!!!!
Maybe it is a clash of versions or something??

shidun
04-17-13, 07:11 AM
Me too. happens about once a week when the updates happen. UGGGGGG

MomsHouseofSweets
04-17-13, 11:35 AM
My daughter is having the same issue with trying to download DS Spring. She's tried deleting and reinstalling, but that didn't help her either.

yayacupcake
04-17-13, 11:42 AM
My daughter is having the same issue with trying to download DS Spring. She's tried deleting and reinstalling, but that didn't help her either.

I get this issue a lot with a bunch of my apps, not just DS. I usually find that it helps to run an app called Clean Master, go to History, clean cache, clean residual files. Then go back to tasks and clean the RAM being held by the system, then close the app. Hold the Home button and close out all my recent used apps then try the download again. Usually runs smoothly then, if not reboot the device.

zan5
04-17-13, 07:51 PM
AARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!
Still not working!!!
Thank-you yayacupcake, I followed all of your steps and it still won't work!!
I also emailed TL, they said to clear my Google Play cache, which I tried, but it still won't work! I have emailed them back to see if they have any other suggestions.
Any other suggestions out there??
I don't want to miss out on my free gold/gems!!!