PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Weekly Update - 4/17

OnCloudDivine
04-15-13, 03:07 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544821_502225686504722_232162964_n.png

Looks a bit fall-ish. Leaves me wondering when we're traveling on this grand vacation!

http://i.imgur.com/4WPUojd.jpg

From TL Blog:

http://media.tumblr.com/08a0a14edfe17b566628eb6669b20bc7/tumblr_inline_mlbl81IEmd1qz4rgp.png

Show off your handy work with a bright and colorful display for your desserts. Pick up the new Craft Counter to show off your collection of confectionery goodness in Bakery Story!
Don?t forget to check out these other new additions:
Green Roses
Blossom Luggage

The update is here!

Blossom Luggage: $44,000
Green Roses: 6 gems
Craft Counter : $62,000

cherryberry9
04-15-13, 03:28 PM
Nothing on blog yet. And yes that does look autumnish.

snlps
04-15-13, 03:30 PM
What is it? It does look really fall like.

cherryberry9
04-15-13, 03:34 PM
Also makes me think we're getting a box.

sls0991
04-15-13, 03:36 PM
What's it suppose to be? Luggage? For a bakery? Hahahahahaha.

bigbux3
04-15-13, 03:41 PM
What's it suppose to be? Luggage? For a bakery? Hahahahahaha.

Yeah. I don't get it.

kdfgato
04-15-13, 03:44 PM
Ok... Can we get the stuff from RS or FS instead?

OnCloudDivine
04-15-13, 03:56 PM
I actually don't envy any of the other games this week, all the updates are forgettable.

OpeningCeremony
04-15-13, 04:58 PM
From TL Blog:

http://media.tumblr.com/08a0a14edfe17b566628eb6669b20bc7/tumblr_inline_mlbl81IEmd1qz4rgp.png

Show off your handy work with a bright and colorful display for your desserts. Pick up the new Craft Counter to show off your collection of confectionery goodness in Bakery Story!
Don?t forget to check out these other new additions:
Green Roses
Blossom Luggage

OnCloudDivine
04-15-13, 05:10 PM
Yay! Cute polka-dot pink counters!

bigbux3
04-15-13, 05:35 PM
This isn't a good update at all.

tinkerdawg
04-15-13, 05:35 PM
Random.... YES! That being said, I love the counters and I totally plan on buying the luggage to use as my door blocker for when I close up for actual travel.

tinkerdawg
04-15-13, 05:37 PM
Also, I didn't realize that the green roses were roses until I read the description. My first thought was, "why are they putting cabbages on a tree?" Lol

efoote
04-15-13, 06:25 PM
Also, I didn't realize that the green roses were roses until I read the description. My first thought was, "why are they putting cabbages on a tree?" Lol

Maybe they are from st Patrick's day that never was...

sharbuch
04-15-13, 07:05 PM
Team lava is really dropping the ball on all their updates, theses games are really sucking the fun out of them. Why asks for ideas if there not going to use them. I only stay active so my neighbors get their parts. If it wasn't for them I would close my doors on all the games. Really really bored. And very disappointed with team lava. Cost gems now to get either tables or the chairs. They are becoming real money grabbing games. Well they have lost out the only time I spend my own money now is if we get great updates that are worth it.

sharbuch
04-15-13, 07:07 PM
Team lava is really dropping the ball on all their updates, theses games are really sucking the fun out of them. Why asks for ideas if there not going to use them. I only stay active so my neighbors get their parts. If it wasn't for them I would close my doors on all the games. Really really bored. And very disappointed with team lava. Cost gems now to get either tables or the chairs. They are becoming real money grabbing games. Well they have lost out the only time I spend my own money now is if we get great updates that are worth it.
And since when do you have luggage in a bakery. What are they thinking about. I want thing that go along with the game.

ashrb
04-15-13, 07:32 PM
I feel like these updates are getting more and more random? Like they design a bunch of things and throw them all together for the sake of just having an update and nothing matches or goes together. Really weird and disappointing to see their other games getting updates that have more heart in them and we get the sloppy, last minute looking updates even though they make a lot of money from bakery..

thatgirl444
04-15-13, 08:05 PM
I love the counters.....the rest is blah....luggage and cabbage trees?? I'll get it only if they are coin items

NoWayCupcake
04-15-13, 08:11 PM
When exactly do we get updates that include items and themes from the polls/suggestions? Does TL have a timeline or goal for those things? Just wondering because I really look forward to some tea party themed things as its most voted in the poll. Anyway though, the counter is definitely cute! I just hope it's affordable!

rosacake
04-15-13, 08:12 PM
I love the counters. But the rest is blah, indeed. I wonder what happened to TL; maybe the Economic crisis struck them and they had to let some designers go? My guess is either that or bakery is not profitable enough a game to deserve more attention.

nmishii
04-15-13, 08:20 PM
I wonder if this will be the third week without a recipe. I hope not.

TinksThots
04-15-13, 09:37 PM
luggage and cabbage trees??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... uh, whut? Yeah, kinda went a little schizo with this one, TL. >.<

Brunch meeting in the update design conference room: "Random nouns in a hat, have a monkey pick three!" :P

Loxieland
04-15-13, 11:42 PM
I like the trees. Was hoping for more greenery.

CuteTali
04-16-13, 12:02 AM
Pink polka dotted counters! Yes! Now go make me some tables and chairs to match please!! Good thing they didn't throw some hot pink bows on the sides on these like the style of the pink counters we got last winter or else I'd have spend all my money buying like 50 of these counters, like I did with the other pretty pink counters.

minidemon88
04-16-13, 12:48 AM
Are they hinting on us to take a break from the game? I just noticed the green roses vase was shaped in a heart shape. Interesting! Post valentine roses with a mix of st. patrick. Hence, the green roses.

TinksThots
04-16-13, 01:59 AM
Roses don't come in green though... not naturally... so without being told that they're supposed to be roses... nobody who's ever heard of or seen roses would look at that and think "oh, roses"... cabbage trees... we got cabbage trees... Well I finally got enough gems to get my kitty cat, so I don't care. ^_^ I'll laugh if this theme is the one that gets follow-ups though... No more SweetCo, instead, have these potato counters and some carrot wall lamps! >.<

TinksThots
04-16-13, 02:03 AM
Random.... YES! That being said, I love the counters and I totally plan on buying the luggage to use as my door blocker for when I close up for actual travel.

This, though, this is a FANTASTIC idea! Seriously, I think word should be spread game-wide on this one, making it a universal "I'll be back!" symbol, as opposed to people who block their doors with counters and chairs and then disappear. :D

Emmaline_line
04-16-13, 04:40 AM
I have a wild suggestion. How about items that relate to a bakery instead of far-fetched pieces like luggage :) .
Anyway it would have been nice to see something like the barista counter...especially after the large picnic update restaurant story received

chewytwix
04-16-13, 05:02 AM
is this fashion story?

anurulz
04-16-13, 06:41 AM
the counter looks cute..do NOT like the luggage and dnt get the logic of it being in the bakery either...the roses are decent looking..as long as they are not for gems..

xxxxxtessa
04-16-13, 09:23 AM
i love the counter tho! :D

theladymorgana
04-16-13, 10:46 AM
The luggage makes me think of a little girl's camp trunk more than luggage.

sweetstuff525
04-16-13, 11:15 AM
i love the counter tho! :D

Don't get too excited it will probably be 15+ gems or 1 million coins

jay1314
04-16-13, 01:40 PM
Well I love the counters but luggage for a bakery is just plain stupid

jay1314
04-16-13, 01:45 PM
Pink polka dotted counters! Yes! Now go make me some tables and chairs to match please!! Good thing they didn't throw some hot pink bows on the sides on these like the style of the pink counters we got last winter or else I'd have spend all my money buying like 50 of these counters, like I did with the other pretty pink counters.

Great idea tables and chairs to match would be adorable

sgkadkzmommie10
04-16-13, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know any shortcuts or quicker ways for me to be able to Expand my Bakery? I have been playing for about a year and im Level 71, I have so much stuff but my Bakery is way to small and it takes so many coins or gems to purchase the expansions.ugh

xLeXo999
04-16-13, 01:58 PM
not particularly my favorite...no worries...I'll just stack up on gems and coins bc I'll probably pass on this update...#WillWaitPatiently

xoxjenn
04-16-13, 03:13 PM
I love the counters! But most likely they will be 14 gems each... so I'll never get them! I think the trees have potential if they were a different color like purple or pink, maybe even yellow. The luggage.... ehh.

xoxjenn
04-16-13, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know any shortcuts or quicker ways for me to be able to Expand my Bakery? I have been playing for about a year and im Level 71, I have so much stuff but my Bakery is way to small and it takes so many coins or gems to purchase the expansions.ugh

Nope, but I am also level 71 & have soooo many items in storage, but still a million away from being able to expand. The only reason I have accumulated items is from goal otherwise I haven't been buying anything, just saving.

CuteTali
04-16-13, 03:21 PM
I really hope the cute polka dotted counters are for coins, I want to buy lots of them! I never spend gems on counters, doesn't seem worth it, since food never sells so can't see most of them.

WingsUP
04-16-13, 10:14 PM
I wonder, there are a lot of chefs on the Food Network, that travel... so maybe, we are getting a bunch of new recipes and decor fom traveling around the world in Spring and Summer! I like international flavors! anyone else?

NanaCanna
04-16-13, 11:26 PM
I hope we get a new oven. I have finished all the recipes on each oven & drink machines in bakery & restaurant so now what? My shops are as big as they can get & I am over run with decorating purchases. So now I just wait for new ovens to be added. I'm getting a little bored. I hope they offer some of the things from the poll (fudge maker etc).

soclassymom
04-16-13, 11:46 PM
I hope we will get more items than its showing in the picture, why bakery story is left out!!! We didn't get any cute valentine items no box neither last year box!!!and no spring update instead of that we will get luggages and not good looking!!!!
I'm so disappointed

CuteTali
04-16-13, 11:54 PM
I hope we will get more items than its showing in the picture, why bakery story is left out!!! We didn't get any cute valentine items no box neither last year box!!!and no spring update instead of that we will get luggages and not good looking!!!!
I'm so disappointed

Bakery Story did get a very nice Valentine's update with cute items, BUT only for iOS and Android, Kindle didn't get them. I wish they did, even now, better later than never. I want to buy all the V-Day items for my kindle's bakery.

soclassymom
04-17-13, 01:04 AM
still they were less than what restaurant and fashion story got. Hope you do get the updates like iOS and android do.

josey12
04-17-13, 07:43 AM
The counters are cute, but that's the only thing. I just wish they would have released the counters with the cupcake recipes, I would have loved to put my cupcakes on them. I wish we could have an option to move food to a different counter.

jopazz
04-17-13, 09:10 AM
For all the people who say luggage doesn't belong in a bakery - think outside of the box!

My bakery isn't always a bakery; it has been a bookstore, a wedding chapel, the north pole, an ice skating rink, grandma's house, an indoor market, and who knows what else in the last year I've been playing. Every time I see a mish-mash update, I think to myself, what could I use these things for? The luggage is cute by itself, so really it can only add something to an appropriate theme!

Of course if they cost over 8 gems, I will not be buying them regardless. :p

OnCloudDivine
04-17-13, 11:10 AM
The update is here!

nmishii
04-17-13, 11:26 AM
The update is here!

Thanks. I can't get on right now. Are there any new recipes?

mymummy789
04-17-13, 11:56 AM
Not got the update yet, which is strange because it is usually here by 7.30 pm GMT?

srg70
04-17-13, 11:57 AM
I've got the update too. I don't think I've ever seen such a small update. So few things:((

Love the pink counter, but they are so expensive.

ashrb
04-17-13, 11:58 AM
Brilliant. Only three new things, what an update! This is beyond sad, it's just embarrassing now.

mymummy789
04-17-13, 12:01 PM
Not got the update yet, which is strange because it is usually here by 7.30 pm GMT?

AHHHH, I see!! It is such a small update that they haven't bothered with a pop-up this week!!!

dinendash7474
04-17-13, 12:17 PM
I got the update although there isnt a pop-up.

sweetstuff525
04-17-13, 12:24 PM
Really that's it? Come on tl bring on sweet co stuff

Riixie
04-17-13, 12:27 PM
Oh my 44000 coins for luggage?

Yeah....that ain't no LV....hahahahaha.

The counters look so pretty but I just can't justify spending that much...>.<

islanddoll1
04-17-13, 12:33 PM
The luggage is bigger than I expected, the counter's cute but I will never be able to justify spending gems on those cabbages with stems though.

supahmonkiee
04-17-13, 01:07 PM
The luggage is bigger than I expected, the counter's cute but I will never be able to justify spending gems on those cabbages with stems though.

That's what I thought. I thought it was the size of the Christmas gifts.

secrettreasures
04-17-13, 01:07 PM
Why not give recipes each week , high levels maxed out on all recipes and it gets very boring, come on keep the players happy

Baraze
04-17-13, 01:23 PM
A couple weeks ago there were complaints of the goals and recipes being too long. Now there isnt enough.

Natasha_07
04-17-13, 03:55 PM
Yay! Cute polka-dot pink counters!

The ONLY thing cute about this update is the craft counters, not to mention pricey at $62,000 and its the ONLY item that matches the SweetCo stuff. They could have included it at the same time.

rusticjess
04-17-13, 04:41 PM
Good: the counters are for coins

Bad: they are 62k a piece. I did the math and it would cost me about 1,300,000 coins to replace all the tuscany counters in my bakery.

It's gonna cost me a lot and I don't quite like that, yet I'm at least happy these counters are not 10-15 gems each

nomicrophone
04-17-13, 04:43 PM
It looks like they're smiling :P

minidemon88
04-18-13, 01:02 AM
Small updates with only 3 new items. But at least the luggage and the counter are for coins instead. Time for some new counter for my bakery! XD And it seem like they have reduced the pop-up ads.

CuteTali
04-18-13, 04:51 AM
So I went crazy and bought 20 of these counters, only to realize after that you don't see the polka dotted design on the side of the counters, only the top, and that's where the food sits :-(

CuteTali
04-18-13, 04:52 AM
nonetheless I am anxiously waiting for food on other counters to sell already so that I can replace with these counters and see how it looks in my bakery.

soclassymom
04-18-13, 08:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4WPUojd.jpg

mjauuuu
04-18-13, 02:00 PM
Love the counters and the luggage. I think it's adorable and so what if it isn't usually something you find in a bakery. I mean, lets be creative! At least they are for coins. I'm happy about the update, thanks TL for continuing to release new stuff every week! :D

OnCloudDivine
04-18-13, 03:01 PM
I would love to see matching pink polka-dot wallpaper in next week's update! We need new pink wallpaper for coins to replace the starry wallpaper.

jdelvalle1
04-19-13, 11:34 AM

This, though, this is a FANTASTIC idea! Seriously, I think word should be spread game-wide on this one, making it a universal "I'll be back!" symbol, as opposed to people who block their doors with counters and chairs and then disappear. :D

I hadn't even thought of that, it's a great idea! I think I'll buy one & keep it in storage for when I travel.:)

And the rose trees....*sigh*....were a good idea...except they're green....with a heart planter.... I mean at 6 gems, not too bad, I could even hide the planter behind other stuff, but I got yellow roses from the Madeline tin, lemon & cherry trees & tuscan planters, soooooooo nope, sorry, I don't want my bakery looking like that random. -_-' Bring realistic colored roses (PINK or YELLOW for mothers day) & I'll buy them in a heart beat. :p

cherryberry9
04-19-13, 04:20 PM
Whatever happened to the big updates? Like last year. Tables and chairs, lots of wall decor, at least four floor decor items, recipes every week, not to mention two floor tiles and two wallpapers per update. Remember those good times...

StevenKevin
04-19-13, 05:01 PM
what's good with useless updates is that we are saving gems and coins for the next one lol!!!

sls0991
04-19-13, 06:08 PM
Whatever happened to the big updates? Like last year. Tables and chairs, lots of wall decor, at least four floor decor items, recipes every week, not to mention two floor tiles and two wallpapers per update. Remember those good times...

I wish I was around for those! :(

what's good with useless updates is that we are saving gems and coins for the next one lol!!!

This is true lol. I've been saving for weeks now and I still don't have enough coins to expand again. I used gems last time and might have to do it again.. :(

esse318
04-22-13, 12:10 AM
i dont like spending gems on tables. Id rather buy boxes to get rare items. but all the cute tables cost gems!!! that really makes a dilemma >.<