PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story: Weekly Update - 4/16/13

maguar
04-15-13, 02:56 PM
Step into the past with this Victorian boot display.

http://i.imgur.com/JUn4tcd.png

http://media.tumblr.com/02ad8d214a1f1d9e4193014bf82f0d3a/tumblr_inline_mlbl6hXvx91qz4rgp.png

From the blog (http://blog.teamlava.com/post/48077417549/new-content-april-16-18-2013)

Add more retro style by displaying these wonderful sconces on your walls. Any classic boutique is not complete without the Victorian Sconce in Fashion Story! The customers are sure to appreciate the mood these decorations bring.

Can’t get enough Victorian era decorations? Check out these items:

Victorian Floor Tile
Victorian Swim outfit
Feather Counters

New Catalog - Victorian Swim 12 hrs

http://i48.tinypic.com/1h9gcj.png

-Swim Bodice 62,000 coins
-Swim Trousers 30,000 coins
-Swim Slippers 24 gems
-Swim Cap 40,000 coins

http://i48.tinypic.com/rtf5oh.png

New Decor:
-Victorian Hats rack 5 gems
-Feather counter 4 gems
-Thin Feather counter 34,000 coins
-Victorian Sconce 12 gems
-Victorian Boots display 35 gems (LTO)
-Victorian tile 4,200 coins

OpeningCeremony
04-15-13, 03:39 PM
wow more victorian stuff. wonder if this is an LTO or part of a box...

Lenn_ann
04-15-13, 04:13 PM
great..

mademani
04-15-13, 04:32 PM
Ugly ��

OpeningCeremony
04-15-13, 04:50 PM
From TL Blog:

http://media.tumblr.com/02ad8d214a1f1d9e4193014bf82f0d3a/tumblr_inline_mlbl6hXvx91qz4rgp.png

Add more retro style by displaying these wonderful sconces on your walls. Any classic boutique is not complete without the Victorian Sconce in Fashion Story! The customers are sure to appreciate the mood these decorations bring.
Can?t get enough Victorian era decorations? Check out these items:
Victorian Floor Tile
Victorian Swim outfit
Feather Counters

jojopeanut
04-15-13, 05:03 PM
Yes I want/need those floor tiles and those racks. :) The swim wear cracks me up and the display is nice but no for sure I got the last 2 display's from this catagory.

Baraze
04-15-13, 05:54 PM
Finally I can get the racks. The swimwear is cute since I like watching old black and white movies, there this style fits right in. I hope the tile isnt two or more gems.

Ic3e
04-15-13, 06:51 PM
The swimwear outfit looks really cute!!! Not so sure about the Victorian Boot Display though :/

mattscorner
04-15-13, 07:11 PM
hehe. i was too stubborn to buy the past couple victorian lto's as i had just changed everything to pastels. i'm always off. i'd have redone my whole place with these dark reds and purples if i knew. i am loving the variety---we've had, like, eight displays in various themes and color schemes in the past month. that's pretty awesome!

sapphirecross
04-15-13, 08:41 PM
hehe. i was too stubborn to buy the past couple victorian lto's as i had just changed everything to pastels. i'm always off. i'd have redone my whole place with these dark reds and purples if i knew. i am loving the variety---we've had, like, eight displays in various themes and color schemes in the past month. that's pretty awesome!

Agree :) the variety is great! Can hardly wait for the racks and I wonder how different the red feather counters are from the crown counters. I had been thinking last month that I needed some red counters without the reindeer on them and kind of wishing I'd gotten the 2011 Xmas red counters that returned, so am glad to see these. The swim outfit is great, my Victorian stuff is going next to my blue beach area, so this should be fun to decorate. I got the corset display last week and am very happy with it, and think it's good for all kinds of styles - the hats and shoes are a stronger period look. I can't fit anything else now though and don't want to remodel just yet so will prolly skip the boots. Very nice display though.

jojopeanut
04-15-13, 09:00 PM
I also hope the floor tiles are cheap.lol Coins would be even better it'll be nice to have them we only have the red carpet and back lite reds. Nice to have a I would say brick red color.

ditzykimber
04-15-13, 09:08 PM
BARF .... I'm over this theme .. It's dark and not very seasonal. Would've been better for fall. Can we please get some lighter colored things very soon before my boredom takes over and I quit this game. 

minidemon88
04-16-13, 12:58 AM
I want those floor tile! Hopefully it will be for coins. *Fingers crossed* Seem like we are getting LTO item every week. So I guess the boots display is another LTO for this week.

newmoonfashion
04-16-13, 01:58 AM
I like the boot display. Better size than the hat display. Hope it is a LTO or a goal prize. It's been ages since we had a proper prize.
Wish TL would make clothes in the colours of some of the boots... read lavendar.
I think it is very funny how big the shoes and boots always are compared to the foot size of the customers. lol!

Hope the tiles are coins. I will buy loads, and store them for Xmas. Will go very well with last years displays.

Can't wait to get the racks... I fear they will be 5 gems like some of the other great racks.

The catalogue (apart from the shoes) is cute. Hope we will get more swim wear. But from the 30s and 40s.

andromedablack
04-16-13, 03:20 AM
BARF .... I'm over this theme .. It's dark and not very seasonal. Would've been better for fall. Can we please get some lighter colored things very soon before my boredom takes over and I quit this game. 

Agree :(
I'm in spring mood,all these dark and old Victorian stuff are boring... why do we have updates like this in April;: (

CuteTali
04-16-13, 04:29 AM
Agree :(
I'm in spring mood,all these dark and old Victorian stuff are boring... why do we have updates like this in April;: (

Agreed here too.

lelaina752
04-16-13, 04:33 AM
The Victorian theme isn't really my taste, but I know a lot of people wanted it so I am happy for them. I can also appreciate that a lot of the items are well done. Personally, I am still so happy that TL opened the egg chest. I've been using these "Victorian" weeks to remodel my boutique and save for my next expansion. My only request: TL - please make the Fascinator Display and the displays from the Valentine's box available for purchase. :)

ktyisamzing
04-16-13, 04:45 AM
Is it normal to not have goals to complete?

greatday2bealive
04-16-13, 07:32 AM
Enough with the boring, bland, ugly Victorian stuff!!!! 3 weeks...why is that necessary??? Move on!!!!

linp825
04-16-13, 10:59 AM
Enough with the boring, bland, ugly Victorian stuff!!!! 3 weeks...why is that necessary??? Move on!!!!

Agree tl please MOVE ON! Dark and depressing doesnt do it for spring! I agree some of the stuff is ok but i agree with above Autumn wd have been WAY better timing for this dark theme. Only thing i got was the corset display because ive been saying more night and "under things". Other than that... Not so great.

Baraze
04-16-13, 12:07 PM
Im surprised the boots display is so inexpensive. I thought id want it, but think ill pass. It doesnt hold a candle to the corsets. Im with my mouth agape at the tiles costing coins. Naturally the racks would be five gems. But they are the closest most amazing thing, next to the goddess rack from the olympics release. So I had to buy some.

Baraze
04-16-13, 12:08 PM
Oh and per usual, who cares if my avatar can wear the clothes. Its money to make and something new to put out for sale. This game isnt literal to me. Its a game.

jojopeanut
04-16-13, 12:11 PM
Still no mannequin or the other items fro the blog a week ago. We just might see this catagory streteched out another week. It wouldn't surprise me at all last year about this time we got the fairy tale theme. TL took their time with that it was also one of the most requested themes as this one was. Sorry for al those that hate it. I love it :) And nice to see them stick with something for more than a week. THis is the way updates use to be we would see a theme of items a few weeks in a row. If only we'd had more to go with the Hollywood theme.

Baraze
04-16-13, 12:36 PM
Still no mannequin or the other items fro the blog a week ago. We just might see this catagory streteched out another week. It wouldn't surprise me at all last year about this time we got the fairy tale theme. TL took their time with that it was also one of the most requested themes as this one was. Sorry for al those that hate it. I love it :) And nice to see them stick with something for more than a week. THis is the way updates use to be we would see a theme of items a few weeks in a row. If only we'd had more to go with the Hollywood theme.

I just went back and looked at it. The valley of the dolls house isnt out either. I just know there will be a box with them next week.

kooky panda
04-16-13, 12:38 PM
Is it normal to not have goals to complete?
Goals come out randomly. Some seasonal, some with updates, but you will not see goals for every update or new theme.

OpeningCeremony
04-16-13, 12:52 PM
New Catalog - Victorian Swim 12 hrs

http://i48.tinypic.com/1h9gcj.png

-Swim Bodice 62,000 coins
-Swim Trousers 30,000 coins
-Swim Slippers 24 gems
-Swim Cap 40,000 coins

http://i48.tinypic.com/rtf5oh.png

New Decor:
-Victorian Hats rack 5 gems
-Feather counter 4 gems
-Thin Feather counter 34,000 coins
-Victorian Sconce 12 gems
-Victorian Boots display 35 gems (LTO)
-Victorian tile 4,200 coins

callofcthulhu
04-16-13, 01:50 PM
I do agree with the players who are saying this is seasonally too heavy/dark, but I like this. Not everyone who plays follows the latest trends, but like historical/traditional styles. To each their own. Buy it for your avatar or don't, sell it or don't.

...but this is scandalous for Victorian. You can see leg! My avatar will be arrested!!

marrrina
04-16-13, 01:51 PM
Victorian Ball was cute. "Vintage Chic" reads Pirates of the Caribbean. Now this swimsuit? It would have been cute if they took a modern yet Victorian-inspired approach to it rather than be so literal.

dalula
04-16-13, 03:25 PM
Eh... the swimsuit isn't the kind of Victorian clothing I was looking for (fascinators, ballgowns, *gloves* ) and the boot display isn't that great either. Still hoping for an outfit (maybe Victorian) with gloves, fascinators, or corsets. I like the racks though.

CuteTali
04-16-13, 03:40 PM
This is actually nice. I don't mind we didn't get any nice decorative items, because I get to dress my avatar for coins!

Both top and bottoms. And the colors are good too, I've been waiting something that's blue&white for a while now.

Also both pieces are very versatile. Right now I'm using the bodice as a summer dress on one avatar and the bottoms as a denim capri type pants on another avatar. Couldn't be happier with this update!

CuteTali
04-16-13, 03:42 PM
Oh yeah the night cap hat makes me giggle, but I like the navy color, maybe use it with pajamas for a sleepy time kind of outfit or for halloween costumes. Not a bad update at all.

rainkissed
04-16-13, 04:10 PM
LOVE the Victorian theme, including this update. Its totally different than what TL has ever brought to FS in the years i've been playing. Can't wait for more Victorian deco so I can do my entire shop in it :D

jojopeanut
04-16-13, 05:05 PM
Funny I got the pop up announcing the update today. And none sense I don't mind that less pop ups the better just kinda odd. I'm on Android if TL wants to know. Playing on the Earth Day app. Like I say not looking for a fix cause I don't mind NOT having a pop up.

greatday2bealive
04-16-13, 06:57 PM
Aside from the ugliness of everything in this update...and yes I do consider all of it ugly (and quite dull)....the catalog is 12 hrs....if that is not bad enough...max amount of good earned is 800. NOT worth ordering.
I said this last time and I'll say it again...NO MORE LONG CATALOGS. we need catalogs not in the double digits but instead you keep giving double digit once (and no more 12 hr catalogs for long long time!)

I am a devoted fan of this game for over a year, but if this continues I will have to stop playing. 3 weeks of 1 theme is too much (only exception is holidays)...you only make it worse by giving long catalog after long catalog....I cannot keep my store stocked like this and it takes too long too earn 1 gem by mastering. (and since it's been weeks before solitaire goal to download game for gems...I don't hold my hopes up for getting another such goal soon)

Lastly...it is spring....we need colors...bright vibrant energizing colors...Victorian theme is complete opposite. Also "spring showers bring may flowers"....perhaps you should be keeping that in mind? (ps...been asking for weeks...more water displays...which might I add was well voted for by many)

Ic3e
04-17-13, 12:35 AM
The dress will look great without the swim trousers, the bodice is long enough to be a mini sailor dress so thats totally cute!!!

I don't know how to incorporate the trousers and cap now but I'll figure something out :) The rest of the update is not up to par though, I'll admit now that I wish there were more spring items with funny poppy colors (think S/S Forever 21) but I still love the Victorian stuff. The makeshift "Sailor Dress" is the highlight for me for this update :)

linp825
04-17-13, 10:30 AM
The sailor dress is cute and so are the shorts ...but just not together lol! The cap and shoes however?? ...mmmmm not so much. U dont have to agree but im entitled to my opinion just like everyone else!

melody_nara
04-17-13, 02:02 PM
...(ps...been asking for weeks...more water displays...which might I add was well voted for by many)

I second that. We need more water displays (LTO please) to decorate our shops.

minidemon88
04-18-13, 01:08 AM
My wish came true! The floor tile cost coins instead. Yay! I'm happy that we are getting lesser pop-up these days.

angelicmercy
04-18-13, 04:04 AM
can somebody explain to me why lower level players can't access any of these updates? I'm a level 37 and everything is locked which sounds like a really lame update since I wanted to redecorate my store in the victorian theme.

Christiana12345
04-18-13, 07:10 AM
Ha! The catolugue looks great....NOT
Those items look ok not together..........
The dress is the highlight of the catoluge......
Trouser might go along with other stufff...
DO NoT remind me of shoes and the cap.
The cap looks like a shower cap...the shoes look a bit strange....
But if thats what they were in that era....oh well.

Love Victorian Boot Display! I dont see shoe displays that much.

thatgirl444
04-18-13, 11:31 AM
Really cute update....love the boot display and the catalogue is super funny....cant wait to stick my avatar in that shower cap

StevenKevin
04-19-13, 05:00 PM
Victorian theme is just gorgeous, prob one of the best update in FS. But jeez where's the doll house we've been showed? ive been saving gems for 2 weeks just to get it!!!