PDA

View Full Version : Time zone glitch?

Donnahh
12-23-10, 03:56 AM
I found out in a roundabout way that the Farm Story "day" resets at Australian time 6pm.
So I start doing the rounds of my 122 neighbors and my daily watering.

Anyway enough about me being an excellent 4star wonderful neighbor.

I noticed tonight that a neighbor I watered yesterday still had my comment on their wall (naw I feel loved) but it said I left the comment 2 days ago. I change my "watered" comment every day and use it right up to the 6pm "day reset" so I know it was last night's watering round, not two days ago.

Is it just some weird time warp with the servers etc being in another time zone?
It makes me look like a bad neighbor!! I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen it tonight and now it's got me curious ...

Unregistered
12-23-10, 04:32 AM
I found out in a roundabout way that the Farm Story "day" resets at Australian time 6pm.
So I start doing the rounds of my 122 neighbors and my daily watering.

Anyway enough about me being an excellent 4star wonderful neighbor.

I noticed tonight that a neighbor I watered yesterday still had my comment on their wall (naw I feel loved) but it said I left the comment 2 days ago. I change my "watered" comment every day and use it right up to the 6pm "day reset" so I know it was last night's watering round, not two days ago.

Is it just some weird time warp with the servers etc being in another time zone?
It makes me look like a bad neighbor!! I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen it tonight and now it's got me curious ...

Hello fellow Aussie... you will find that when daylight savings ends the "day reset" will be 5pm. Just some info for you.

Donnahh
12-23-10, 05:54 AM
Hello fellow Aussie... you will find that when daylight savings ends the "day reset" will be 5pm. Just some info for you.

5pm in Queensland too? Cause we don't do that whole daylight thing, as you'd know. Being all weird and stuff :)

Unregistered
12-23-10, 06:20 AM
I never checked to be certain, but I think it happens because the farm story "day" is 22 hours long. But I've never watered right when the day reset (i.e. Right when water is available again.)

Donnahh
12-23-10, 06:40 AM
I never checked to be certain, but I think it happens because the farm story "day" is 22 hours long. But I've never watered right when the day reset (i.e. Right when water is available again.)
Well then. Spank ewe berry much. Maybe this is why it happens, I'm doing it all right on 24 hours ... or something something.

:|

I swear to goodness, I'm a **** good neighbor and water daily! I hate when the wall lies.

Unregistered
12-23-10, 08:00 AM
5pm in Queensland too? Cause we don't do that whole daylight thing, as you'd know. Being all weird and stuff :)

Hmmmm, good question. Probably not. When you think about it, it probably wont change for you. I'm in NSW, and it really stuffed me around when daylight savings started, because I would sit down at 5pm and water/clean/tip my neighbours and then cook dinner, but now that it is 6pm I dont get a chance to water/tip/clean until the kids are in bed. You wouldn't think something so simple could cause me so much stress. But now I have the 'after-bed-time" routine down pat, so not such a drama anymore....until daylight savings ends...lol

Donnahh
12-23-10, 03:21 PM
Hmmmm, good question. Probably not. When you think about it, it probably wont change for you. I'm in NSW, and it really stuffed me around when daylight savings started, because I would sit down at 5pm and water/clean/tip my neighbours and then cook dinner, but now that it is 6pm I dont get a chance to water/tip/clean until the kids are in bed. You wouldn't think something so simple could cause me so much stress. But now I have the 'after-bed-time" routine down pat, so not such a drama anymore....until daylight savings ends...lol

OMG!! That is exactly what I do!! The kids eat at 5 and I have everything done and washed up and completed so they can chill on their DSI's and I can do my neighbor rounds :) And I thought I was the only one who did that! Gosh :D They don't go to bed til later being 9 and 11 years old but I ALWAYS make sure that they are fed and showered etc before I get my neighbor groove on :)

Ps, you should so add me, same name as I use here. I'm so original :P