PDA

View Full Version : How many gems needed to craft a dragon?

Beneath
04-13-13, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this has been asked before and i'm sorry if it is..
But i want to know how many gems you need to craft a dragon?
What kind of gems? (Small or big ones etc.)
And why is that, well i am an android user and i would like to store some of my "fail" dragons for the future. Should i only store rare ones or are the common dragons also needed?
I hope we droids will get the trade and craft someday but now i need some ios users help! :cool:

Dragon / gems needed?
Pearl
Amethyst
Thopaz
Sapphire
Ruby
Emerald

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-13-13, 11:32 AM
So far for the ones listed they've all needed x2 large gems.

Quickest way to get the large gems is from trading x2 super rare's of those colours needed.

Rare trades will give you x2 small gem of the colour dragon you wish to trade. Example - Athletic - red & blue gem.

10 small gems will give you 1 large gem. But you'll have to craft in order to get that 1 large gem.

Craft times for making a small gem a large gem varies, red, green & yellow are 6 hours.
Blue 10 hours.
Purple, Blue, White & Black are 16 hours to craft.

All rare & super rare trades also come with a "mystery box". My mystery box contents are normally something useless such as lotus blossoms. : (

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-13-13, 11:40 AM
But have a look at this too - Info on trading/crafting and what you get for each trade. :)
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide&p=493561&viewfull=1#post493561

Beneath
04-13-13, 11:57 AM
Oh thank you! :) that helped alot! I didn't realize those crafting times are so long.. 16hrs whaaat? :)

RotomGuy
04-13-13, 12:04 PM
Oh thank you! :) that helped alot! I didn't realize those crafting times are so long.. 16hrs whaaat? :)

Those aren't really that long :)

Nothing compared to breeding 10, 12, 20, 24, 32 hour breedings all the time -.-

Beneath
04-13-13, 12:04 PM
And another question, what for are those mystery boxes? Do you craft something from those too? From gems you got of the mystery box you craft ofcourse but lotus blossoms? :D

Beneath
04-13-13, 12:06 PM
Those aren't really that long :)

Nothing compared to breeding 10, 12, 20, 24, 32 hour breedings all the time -.-

That's true! I'm trying to get passion and all i get is magic... and for the next 20hrs nothing to do >_<

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-13-13, 12:09 PM
The mystery box can contain either another random coloured gem, or lotus blossoms. It may contain something else but I always seem to get another lotus blossom that I don't need....But once you hit "trade" you'll get a picture of the dragon you wish to trade and what it can be traded for. The mystery box is just a box with a question mark... so you don't find out what you've gotten from it until the trade is over.

Currently the only thing you can craft in that whole building thingy that involves the lotus blossom is a caretaker cottage....

RotomGuy
04-13-13, 12:12 PM
And another question, what for are those mystery boxes? Do you craft something from those too? From gems you got of the mystery box you craft ofcourse but lotus blossoms? :D

Mystery Boxes contain either another gem of their type

eg: Parakeet's box could be a small Green or Yellow gem

Or a Lotus Blossom, Spell Scroll or Nether Dust.

Beneath
04-13-13, 12:36 PM
Okay at least i am learning alot! Thanks guys! ^3^ so spell scroll and nether dust are also used to craft decoration? Feel so dumb with all my questions :D

sand
04-15-13, 09:37 AM
As of yesterday, I'm now getting 2 small gems for a 2-color common hybrid instead of just one gem.
I suspect, but cannot yet confirm, that rare dragons may now yield one large gem instead of two small ones. Likely this change is to make it possible to collect large quartz or onyx gems that can only be obtained from pink and black dragons. Of the black and pink hybrids, only Goblin and Lightning are super rare (and Lightning isn't breedable). Considering the sheer difficulty of breeding blacks and pinks, a trading revision allowing large gems for rares (as it originally was) seems to offer a solution for upcoming Quartz & Onyx dragons.

RotomGuy
04-15-13, 09:56 AM
As of yesterday, I'm now getting 2 small gems for a 2-color common hybrid instead of just one gem.
I suspect, but cannot yet confirm, that rare dragons may now yield one large gem instead of two small ones. Likely this change is to make it possible to collect large quartz or onyx gems that can only be obtained from pink and black dragons. Of the black and pink hybrids, only Goblin and Lightning are super rare (and Lightning isn't breedable). Considering the sheer difficulty of breeding blacks and pinks, a trading revision allowing large gems for rares (as it originally was) seems to offer a solution for upcoming Quartz & Onyx dragons.
I would prefer Rares giving 5 of each colour they are made up of. Not only do players get a choice as whether or not to enlarge, but they also get both gems.

DragonTan1
04-15-13, 10:08 AM
I just traded a Fairy just now and will get, 1 small emerald, 1 small Topaz and mystery box.... Maybe it's different for everyone if sand is getting 2 gems for a common? I'll check later what a common dragon gets.

tonguelashing
04-15-13, 10:28 AM
I just traded a Fairy just now and will get, 1 small emerald, 1 small Topaz and mystery box.... Maybe it's different for everyone if sand is getting 2 gems for a common? I'll check later what a common dragon gets.

But Fairy is considered rare, not common. Try a common like Fruitful.

plby
04-15-13, 11:07 AM

Just traded a night dragon and got one small black gem - trading deep will give small black, small blue and mystery box

tonguelashing
04-15-13, 11:10 AM
Just traded a night dragon and got one small black gem - trading deep will give small black, small blue and mystery box

I hope you have a spare deep dragon to trade like that. The night isn't too hard to get...but the other hybrids are a pain.

plby
04-15-13, 11:16 AM
I hope you have a spare deep dragon to trade like that. The night isn't too hard to get...but the other hybrids are a pain.

It's possible to check what a trade will give without actually trading the dragon, but yes got one additional deep as a fail trying for da

sand
04-15-13, 11:17 AM
It will be another 2 1/2 hrs before I can trade again. I will try a rare but, happy as I am to get 2 gems for commons, I gonna be super ticked off if rares offer nothing more over the commons than a mystery box!

sand
04-15-13, 11:23 AM

Those trades match what we've been used to. So what on earth is up with my common trades? I'll follow up later when I gather more info. Now I wish I had cancelled the Coral trade temporarily to check a rare and a super. Ah well.

sand
04-15-13, 11:26 AM
I sure wish I was getting two gems per common when I was cranking out Love dragons last week, trying to gather pearls. Most of them sent back rubies.

sand
04-15-13, 06:38 PM
Follow up: no change to what I get for rares and super rares; only for commons. I offered various hybrids to my portal. In exchange the portal offered:
2 small gems for common bi-colors - one gem for each color.
2 small gems plus mystery box for rare bi-colors - one gem for each color.
3 small gems (with NO mystery box) for rare tri-colors.
1 small gem with no mystery box for rare uni-colors.
2 large gems plus mystery box for super-rare bicolors - one gem for each color.

So I don't know if it's just my portal gone wacky, but right now the only difference between the common trade and rare trade is the mystery box. And as I noted before the commons were only yielding one gem up until yesterday when they suddenly started yielding two.

DragonTan1
04-15-13, 06:46 PM
Common - 2 small gems
Rare - 2 small gems & mystery box
Super rare - 2 large gems & mystery box
Ultra rare - 2 Nether Dust & mystery box

I posted that on the trading and crafted thread. Only the common dragons have been updated, the rest are the same.

sand
04-16-13, 05:30 AM
I posted that on the trading and crafted thread. Only the common dragons have been updated, the rest are the same.

(Groan) Maybe not. This morning my commons went back to offering only the mystery box. Ah well.

DragonTan1
04-16-13, 06:41 AM
(Groan) Maybe not. This morning my commons went back to offering only the mystery box. Ah well.

lol really?! I'll check in a few hours, I just traded Mistmoth.

picklylily
04-16-13, 06:42 AM

A glitch maybe? Was surprised when I got two gems from Firestorm. And now I got only one from Coral. :(

kaleighboone
06-03-13, 11:38 AM
what's the easiest dragon to breed and trade for a small pink gem and how do you breed it?

scottyhaha
06-03-13, 11:48 AM
what's the easiest dragon to breed and trade for a small pink gem and how do you breed it?

Why small one go for the big one

kaleighboone
06-03-13, 11:49 AM
how do you get that