PDA

View Full Version : Boutiques with the SAME name!

serraoroxanne
04-12-13, 06:18 PM
I recently discovered that there are two boutiques with the exact same name " star boutique" and "Star Boutique"! I am "star boutique" with lower case. It didn't trouble me until tonight when I got a message on my wall that just read "why why why" which I knew I didn't prompt because I was re-designing my store at the time the message was written!

I immediately read the other person's wall to see what could have prompted such a question, only to discover that "star boutique" lower case same as mine, left a message.

When I went to my profile to change my name, it kindly requires ten, yes ten gems! Are you kidding me? This disaster NEVER should have been allowed in the first place! How can it be fixed without me paying this steep price?

maguar
04-12-13, 06:42 PM
Only storm8 IDs are unique. There are that many players that trying to enforce unique names for the stores would cause significant frustration. Could you imagine not being able to get the name you wanted because someone who stopped playing years ago has it?

jojopeanut
04-12-13, 10:45 PM
Yes it's ufortunate they charge for a simple thing. When I started there must have been what seemed 100's of "Bella's boutique." Shows what pop culture movies do..lol

Ic3e
04-12-13, 11:47 PM
This is kind of the reason why I stray away from names with the words 'fashion' and 'boutique' and 'style' and 'fashionista' and etc. I planned ahead when I started playing Fashion Story, my boutiques name is Tomato (reason because of my slogan: Be fruity!)

Baraze
04-13-13, 12:10 AM
This is kind of the reason why I stray away from names with the words 'fashion' and 'boutique' and 'style' and 'fashionista' and etc. I planned ahead when I started playing Fashion Story, my boutiques name is Tomato (reason because of my slogan: Be fruity!)

I love that! I want to change my name but cant quite settle on the type of fancy font and emoticons I want. Have one shop named Duex Lilas since my little girls have Lila as a middle name. One is Serafina's since its my dream name. Ive seen sooooo many shops with Bella this in it or some type of twilight reference. I love the unique named shops.

jojopeanut
04-13-13, 12:19 AM
Yes I had my original boutique name for a little over a year a few maybe 3 had it jojo's but I had wanted to change it for a while did some research and finally did. I think it's unique haven't seen any others so not posting it here. lol cause I hope to remain one of a kind but I highly doubt I will. But if you read this post an add me just to find out what it is please I beg don't change yours to mine. :)

lillykittymeow
04-13-13, 05:04 AM

Possibly the greatest name for a boutique ever.

Ic3e
04-13-13, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the compliments :)

I'm actually thinking of changing it but I'm not so sure. I'm too attached with my current name. :D I wish the people with struggles of finding an original name luck!

andromedablack
04-13-13, 06:36 AM
It's so bad that we have to spend 10 gems to change our boutique name! When I started the game I was confused with all that storm8 ID etc, it asked me to name my boutique, I couldn't think of anything nice and special at that moment so I just wrote my name, which I realised that seems silly in English since it can't even be pronounced right in latin characters...:-(
But there's no way I spend 10 (!!!) gems to change it so I stay with it...:-P

serraoroxanne
04-13-13, 07:40 AM
Maguar it is my humble opinion that is a "job" for someone to take out the trash! Pardon the poor analogy! But if an I'd is dormant for a year, delete it! If my neighbors are dormant for a month, I delete them! It is unreasonable to charge a fee to right your " office policy" wrong! Humbly stated!

QueenAssassin21
04-13-13, 01:05 PM
If TL didn't charge to change your name then people would changing theirs all the time as it would be so easy to do..I would honestly find that more annoying than someone having the same name.

Baraze
04-13-13, 04:41 PM
Yes I had my original boutique name for a little over a year a few maybe 3 had it jojo's but I had wanted to change it for a while did some research and finally did. I think it's unique haven't seen any others so not posting it here. lol cause I hope to remain one of a kind but I highly doubt I will. But if you read this post an add me just to find out what it is please I beg don't change yours to mine. :)

Ok, ill change it to yours tomorrow! Haha, just kidding. I like going around the community and have only seen one with a slight variation of your name. So you're good. It is unique and catchy. I adore it! Im too cheap to spend the ten gems or id change mine. When i first started I put the name that came to mind. Not even knowing the game would suck me in and make me a believer.

jojopeanut
04-13-13, 08:16 PM
Ok, ill change it to yours tomorrow! Haha, just kidding. I like going around the community and have only seen one with a slight variation of your name. So you're good. It is unique and catchy. I adore it! Im too cheap to spend the ten gems or id change mine. When i first started I put the name that came to mind. Not even knowing the game would suck me in and make me a believer.
I love your boutique name..You don't need to change it :)

serraoroxanne
04-14-13, 02:54 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts! It is quite annoying! I don't like being accused of saying something, I never said!

cookietyler
04-14-13, 07:37 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts! It is quite annoying! I don't like being accused of saying something, I never said!

I know when I was playing nightclub story, my club was named club midnight, another player's was named club midnite, they spammed my wall saying that I took their club name when my club was named club midnight from the start (they were a level 2 and i was a level 40) lol

linp825
04-16-13, 01:41 PM
It's so bad that we have to spend 10 gems to change our boutique name! When I started the game I was confused with all that storm8 ID etc, it asked me to name my boutique, I couldn't think of anything nice and special at that moment so I just wrote my name, which I realised that seems silly in English since it can't even be pronounced right in latin characters...:-(
But there's no way I spend 10 (!!!) gems to change it so I stay with it...:-P

I like it! And i love nbrs who have unusual names like this...maybe that keeps people guessing. My name is very girly but i dont have the word fashion or boutique in my name...

cast1532
04-16-13, 01:48 PM
I named my store Zombies. lol.

jojopeanut
04-16-13, 03:40 PM
I named my store Zombies. lol.

LOL I think I seen you post on one my neighbours wall...SOmething along the lines ". My zombies love the taste of your shoppers."

greatday2bealive
04-16-13, 07:19 PM
My store name is fashonista. I hate it but am too stingy to spend 10 gems to change it (Esp since takes very long time to earn 10 gems). This was the first TL game I played and so didn't think name wad big deal and could change later (for free)...and I just wanted to play the game so fashonista was first thing to come to mind. Worse yet, it is a very common name and I have had people comment on my wall numerous times thinking I used to be their neighbor (some of which comments are not so nice)

lad1783
04-22-13, 04:30 PM
I personally don't care and am neighbors with two people who have the same shop name as my own. We have all just laughed it off.

greengold7
04-25-13, 01:10 PM
My BS, RS, FS and PSS are similar named.. It makes it easier for my same nbrs to remember me. Anyway I haven't thought of any reason to change yet altho there are some similar variations around. For now I enjoy my names. :) And even if someone posted nasty stuff, I just used the "X" button.

Don't stress about it. Kids who know nothing better play the game too and sometimes they get upset like how kids usually do.