PDA

View Full Version : Some math about making money with no sweat (not even in games?)

Lazarevm
12-22-10, 09:12 PM
I want to play the game, but I have a life, so sitting around and cooking brownies every 60 minutes doesn't agree with me. So I wanted to set up the pipeline to have food constantly available for customers, while logging in 3-4 times a day to re-bake food. It turns out, not likely to happen.
It took some very simple math and spread sheet by Annette101 (thank you) that can be found in is thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?4331-Spreadsheet-for-Bakery-items!

Based on observations, customers enter bakery about one per second. That makes 60 per minute or 3600 per hour. So if you have 5 ovens, you need to find food that will supply 3600/5=750 plates per hour. Looking at the spreadsheet, only brownies and chocolate cookies meet the criteria. No good. So, lets try with 7 ovens (gets easier on higher levels, right?): 3600/7=515 plates per hour. Again, looking at spreadsheet, only blueberry muffins can be added. Wow, with 7 ovens I can run continuos supply if I bake every 15 minutes. My, my.

As for my original plan to log in only 4 times a day, well this would be the math. Out of all 6 hour items, Gingerbread cookies have biggest profit per plate, so let's focus on those. At 125 per hour, we would need 3600/125=28.8 ovens.

So much for easy money. Not even in dreams (games)!

Unregistered
12-23-10, 03:30 AM
...That's funny, you sound like you have no life.

Get cooking.

Annette101
12-23-10, 02:27 PM
You are welcome! :D

Really appreciate your calculations on this, very cool!

Unregistered
01-22-11, 04:00 PM
Close shop and stock pile food

Unregistered
01-22-11, 04:58 PM
How do you close the shop?

Unregistered
01-22-11, 07:21 PM
How do you close the shop?

Just put an object in front of the door, table/chair/plant doesn't matter. Once its there no customers can get in the door (its blocked), you are now closed.