PDA

View Full Version : Wobble Block Rock - Levels 127 - 132

OpeningCeremony
04-11-13, 06:39 PM
When you get to this new island, the dog is holding an SOS sign on top of the wobbly rock. It's so cute!!

Level 127 is already proving to be a challenge. There are two separated areas of glass. And there are two areas on the top portion that can only be broken with blasters or a diamond. So gotta use each move wisely to create a vertical blaster on the left two columns and right two columns also. The larger main board will be easy to break all the glass.

omniBliss
04-12-13, 09:31 AM
Yea I think it's cute too.

131 has to be another favorite level of mine... It's FULL of blasters, bombs, diamonds, and combos. The way to beat this is combining a blaster and bomb to dig fast and get rid of those "out of reach areas.

I passed it on my 3rd try, but with only one star... I'm def. going back to get 3 stars. :p

thesacredphoenix
04-15-13, 11:23 PM
131 is amazing, haha. I managed to get to 13/9 and at the bottom there are no holes and just a full gem board; the game kept comboing and matching for about 40 seconds after the time ran out. Honestly, it was comical. Once you get down that far and use a diamond the game just goes crazy with itself. Just checked, 3 Stars and 1,421,625. I found the first half of the set to be rather difficult, so 131 was a nice break. Don't get me wrong, it still took about 8 tries as the game likes to combo when all you want to do is dig, but it was still a lot of fun!

OpeningCeremony
04-17-13, 04:12 PM
ok i finally passed level 129... that one felt like it took forever. not like it's difficult but for whatever reason i'd always have one glass left with no more moves. personally i try to make vertical matches in that middle column so when the jewels fall down, it might possibly make some line ups to create a horizontal blaster right in the sweet spot to get the crates that are on the sides which are unreachable. also be wary of doom jewels that drop in the upper right corners because if you don't get rid of them up top, they might fall into the unreachable area under it and it'll be really hard to get rid of because it'll just sit there unless you've already broken the crates.

level 130... man this level is STRESSFUL! it's timed, tons of walls, and so many doom jewels with a short timer drop down left and right. crazily enough i made lots of diamonds but with the walls in the way it's just so hard to get rid of the doom jewels or use the diamonds to get rid of them.

OpeningCeremony
04-19-13, 10:52 AM
ok i know what you guys mean about level 131. total diamond, blaster, bomb chaos! lol. and i've gotten past all the bricks (or whatever you call it) on a previous level and i also found nothing but jewels below it. i thought it was kind of weird like digging through the earth to find yourself all of a sudden in China. anyways, working on the last level now :)

OpeningCeremony
04-22-13, 10:40 AM
ok so on one of my accounts i'm already on level 138, but my other account i've been slightly behind and have been stuck on level 131. they added another color jewel to the board and now it's much harder to make matches. there are even times that there are NO matches possible and the board reshuffles. my point is that it's not that easy to make a match, so it eats away at the clock and there are many portions that you HAVE to make a horizontal blaster to dig down. every time i play level 131 i barely make it half-way to around 9/18. so with this additional color jewel (4 colors instead of 3 colors), i can't see myself clearing this level. i never get close to the bottom. so they need to either increase the time by a lot or revert the level back to only 3 colors of jewels.

pastasplace
05-15-13, 02:25 AM
I'm now on level 132, and I just want to say that Wobble Block Rock is a great set of challenges! They all feel do-able from the outset, because you routinely get really close to finishing even if you don't complete the level that time around. The previous set of levels were a bit too frustrating... Wobble Block Rock... rocks! Thank you developers!

Phaedrakiki
05-15-13, 04:42 PM
127 has already been described, but here's a pic to show how it looks.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/e49cdeeb-1746-4a1c-ac88-111a2cf304b9_zps49ddda76.jpg
As of today there are 54 double-glass to be cleared in 40 moves (w/5 jewel colors.) Gonna try to start with a board with matches at the bottom, in the upper section, and/or those that create vertical blasters in the 1st 2 columns on left/right (so this one's going back! ;) ) Here goes... :p

Phaedrakiki
05-15-13, 08:18 PM
So here's 128, a very fun glass level with zig-zagging wooden walls. Clear 54 glass in 40 moves.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/75bb20f8-7a99-49fe-924a-32167625539e_zps001d407b.jpg
After awhile, black boxes start falling in with the other jewels, so you have to move them out of the way or blast/bomb them to clear glass. If you can, start with a board that has matches towards the bottom-right of each 3 sections. I played the first board I got (shown here) and after making moves 1. & 2., got worried cuz the way the jewels "flowed" meant I might end up wasting moves--with no movement in the center section. But of course, as soon as you start making special jewels, you can clear the middle, too, and do combos, etc. I ended up passing the first time. Very fun!

Phaedrakiki
05-15-13, 08:46 PM
Doh! I forgot Aileeniweeni's warning about the doom jewels above, so one got me on my first attempt at Level 129. This level only has 16 glass (in 45 moves,) but some are hard to get to. On top of the crate-covered glass in the separated areas, you also have lots of those doom jewels dropping in on you.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/8fa9f372-0ff6-4574-a1a0-8ccbe34438ed_zpsba46f239.jpg

I combo'd a blaster+bomb right in that sweet spot, but it blew a bunch of doom jewels into the boxes (and ****ed my diamond I'd made just a little earlier--not too smart of me!) After that, I tried hard to make another blaster or diamond to clear the doom jewels, but you can see in this 2nd photo I'm gonna die no matter what I do at the very next swap.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/ca706176-e620-4bc8-97fb-2e50d1511cca_zpsc4fe47d7.jpg

Oh well...try, try again! ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-15-13, 10:19 PM
Try, try (twice) is right...took me two more times to pass 129. The second time I only had one glass left--ouch, that hurt! But I was happy to make it to the end--you gotta be mindful of the doom jewels on this level. Then I got very lucky with lots of diamonds the 3rd time...Whoo-hoo!
My fun (w/o a timer) has come to an end for awhile, though, as 130 is a timed doom jewel level. It also has a ton of those short, wooden walls that make it difficult to make matches & clear doom jewels. I read above the doomies have crazy short timers, and that's unfortunately true. It's pretty crazy, actually. Tried it three times & never got close to the end...

Level 130 has 64 glass in 2:10. Not sure how long that feels like in the game cuz can't get past the doom jewels! But as previously said...it is definitely stressful!

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/7a41b49b-a169-4c5d-a3f1-6ac245831b72_zps162a689e.jpg
Gonna let my energy recharge, then try again. This level seems pretty impossible right now, though. Please, don't let me get stuck here a long time!

Phaedrakiki
05-16-13, 12:28 AM
Wow, less than a minute & 3 more energies gone... I couldn't even try to chose a "good" board for level 130...it's so difficult to make matches (with the walls) that the board reshuffled all 3 times right out of the gate. Can't "restart" after that (without losing an energy.) Not that it mattered, as the doom jewels quickly took care of me. At this rate, I think I'll be stuck a long time...

Phaedrakiki
05-16-13, 02:17 PM
On 130, does anyone know/remember if the short-fused doom jewels ever "slow down"? Or is it a constant flow of them throughout the entire level? I know on certain timed doom jewel levels in the past, there were a lot at the beginning (and sometimes the end,) but you got a little reprieve after that initial barage to focus on glass/digging. I'm hoping that's the case here--that if you can make it past a certain point, you get a little break from the doom jewel stress. Although so far, the most doomies I've cleared is maybe 5 or 6. Ugh, I hate when I blow thru all 5 energies in a few seconds!

OpeningCeremony
05-16-13, 02:43 PM
On 130, does anyone know/remember if the short-fused doom jewels ever "slow down"? Or is it a constant flow of them throughout the entire level?

i think it varies from round to round. sometimes i'd get a longer pause of them dropping down, but they'll still drop down throughout the entire level :/ at least that was my experience. but the levels where you just get pummeled with doom jewels... oh my! talk about stress... :p

Phaedrakiki
05-17-13, 02:53 AM
Omg...not sure how it happened, but I passed. I had pretty much assumed this would be it for me, that 130 was impossible. Or (at least) I'd be stuck here a long time. I couldn't even get halfway thru the level without a doom jewel exploding. I haven't even been that stressed about it, since I figured there was nothing I could do but keep practicing...in hopes I'd slowly get better at the layout and learn to clear doomies faster. So, I was taking it easy.

Well, as Aileeniweeni said, sometimes you don't get as many of them falling. Must be true cuz I was suddenly surprised to find I'd made it almost the whole way thru! A diamond I'd used a little earlier had cleared quite a bit of glass. So I decided to hurry, & see how close I could get. I watched carefully for doom jewels. Then the screen started flashing, and I was frantically trying to clear the last couple glass. Well, for the first time, JM "stole my gold" at the perfect time! At first I was like "Wha-huh...?" Then I realized what happened & hustled some more! I was down to the last second when I cleared the last glass. Wow--I can't believe it! It's funny...I was worried when I got that challenge gold, that it'd be wasted like the other times I earned some. Nice to have it actually be spent on something useful! Whoo-hoo!

Phaedrakiki
05-17-13, 03:25 AM
131 is pretty fun & crazy...as others have said, you can create lots of special jewels right & left! But once you get down to 8/9/10, you have to have horizontal blasters (or combo.) Cool, tricky design on this one. Not your average "dig!" I took some screen shots, but too tired. Will post tomorrow, hopefully with an "I passed" message! (Just cuz I wanna move on; I do enjoy this level--a timed one, even!)

Phaedrakiki
05-17-13, 04:03 PM
Level 131 is fun--but difficult, too! 14 levels in 2:40. There are 4 jewel colors (apparently there used to be only 3--that would've been really fun!) Here's the level, from top to bottom:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/c1b1b023-719e-42da-8742-bb810ebac877_zpsd0986a59.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/245c0c5c-c258-454c-9de2-2ea505cf8dad_zps28497c06.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/5982496f-8c6d-4797-b302-c266b0881d5e_zps7238c94b.jpg
Please disregard the green circle on the last photo. I was trying to show which level was which in different photos--then I realized cropping would do a better job! Anyway, that middle area is where it gets difficult. I've only dug 10/14 once, mostly got to 8 or 9/14 most tries. Gonna keep at it (just so happy there aren't any doom jewels!) I'm using basic digging strategy, though I discovered a need to be besties w/horizontal blasters at the half-way point...
*BTW, the note at the bottom of the 3rd photo is in reference to comment #5 of this thread...

OpeningCeremony
05-17-13, 04:24 PM
Level 131 is fun--but difficult, too! (...)
*BTW, the note at the bottom of the 3rd photo is in reference to comment #5 of this thread...

LOL!!!! i looked back to post #5 because i was :confused: at first. you're too funny!! hahah

and i really like the way you connected your photos to show the digging level in its full splendor. i should send you my pics before i post mine :p i was about to post a digging level in unicorn summit, but it would've been a hot mess. maybe i'll just wait for you to reach that level so you can do it? hehe. i'm currently stuck there on my other account.

Phaedrakiki
05-17-13, 08:12 PM
LOL!!!! i looked back to post #5 because i was :confused: at first. you're too funny!! hahah(...)
I was hoping you'd see that, lol!

...and i really like the way you connected your photos to show the digging level in its full splendor. i should send you my pics before i post mine :p (...)
Lol, thanks! You can send me the photos if you want, but I doubt yours would be that hot a mess! Haha ;) All I did on that was use the free editing tools (crop, resize) in Photobucket (on my PC.) I have the free Photobucket app on my iPhone, too...which I use to upload the pics. I've also added photos directly from the app to the forum (unedited only.) I started doing it that way cuz I liked the look of your posted photos (vs. the "attachment way" I tried the 1st time.)

The reason I went to the trouble of cropping them together, is the middle pic was shot from a 2nd attempt at the level. The embedded jewels at level 10 were different colors, which made it hard to tell how it all fit together. I've also been resizing the photos (down to 350 wide, vs. 640) cuz I didn't want to take up too much room. My posts take up a lot of space already, lol! :p

Good luck in Unicorn Summit...doubt you'll be stuck there long! (And don't wait for me, lol--I'm not nearly as quick as you guys!)
Ps: if you're serious about sending me the pics, PM me the tinypic links to the photos. I could then download, upload to Photobucket, & go from there...

Phaedrakiki
05-17-13, 08:41 PM
Whew! Passed 131, but only got 15/14 levels (so didn't get to see "China", lol!) That was a really fun level. Took me lots of tries, but I kept improving, so knew I was getting close. The board was flashing as I cleared the sides of the last two levels--close one! Yay!

132 is also a digging level, but they got tricky. The upper jewel board doesn't touch the dirt. Gonna need some special jewels to get started on this one...unless you keep restarting til you get a board with a match near the dirt. (I'll prob try for that--or a special-jewel-creating move.)

Phaedrakiki
05-17-13, 09:32 PM
132 has 9 levels in 55 moves (5 jewel colors.) The jewels fall from the upper area into the lower, though...so you can make specials above & they flow down to the dirt. I started with a match in that little middle area of the 1st two rows (not shown in these pics.)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/a1aacbaf-3bb1-49f9-ae8c-73fc5592659f_zps12387de6.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/25f3cdaa-bcaa-4d7a-b8fd-a1d0dfc2bee9_zps18db793e.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/49ed7a7e-f895-4121-9e71-61317d1610f9_zps9ca37fb0.jpg

The final two rows are really tough. I had lots of moves left, but couldn't get the last two dirt/bricks. Needed some more special jewels! Here's a pic of how it looks as you near the goal line:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/f29f2998-c9fe-44ad-a900-bda19953b6be_zpsd54c966c.jpg

Only tried this level once--can't wait for a recharge so I can try again!

Phaedrakiki
05-18-13, 01:29 AM
Yippeeeee! Passed it (132.) Took me two (or was it three? think maybe 3) more tries to get it. Only 1 star, so I'll definitely come back to get more. Maybe next time I'm stuck on a gnarly timed level with doom jewels and desperately need a fun & calm level! Anyway, I'm heading off to Cacti Corner (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50211-Cacti-Corner-Levels-133-138) island now. Been (mostly) fun...thank you for a great island!

OpeningCeremony
05-20-13, 11:22 AM
(...) I've also been resizing the photos (down to 350 wide, vs. 640) cuz I didn't want to take up too much room. My posts take up a lot of space already, lol!
(...)
Ps: if you're serious about sending me the pics, PM me the tinypic links to the photos. I could then download, upload to Photobucket, & go from there...

thanks!! i would feel bad if i sent you the pics and made you do all the hard work, so i took some initiative and took your tips and posted a digging level the way you do. but perhaps my resizing is too big, i was just going to ask you what you use, but i now see that you said it in this post. doh!

Phaedrakiki
05-20-13, 03:36 PM
thanks!! i would feel bad if i sent you the pics and made you do all the hard work, so i took some initiative and took your tips and posted a digging level the way you do. (...)

Your "full splendor" levels look amazing! I honestly wouldn't have minded doing it for you (I'm kinda ADD.) But I think you'll be happy you tried Photoshop--more options. And after the short initial learning curve, the steps become nearly automatic. :p

artlomin
06-10-13, 11:52 PM
Level 130 - Teamlava seems to have increased the timer for the game to 130 and the timer for the doom jewels to 30 seconds. I needed the new slower version and got through in two tries after having spent 5 or so fruitless days with the old version.

artlomin
06-10-13, 11:53 PM
Sorry that was garbled. The timer is now 6:23 (not 130).

Phaedrakiki
06-11-13, 12:35 AM
Congrats! After 5 days, I'll bet that's a sweet win. ;) Don't ya just love it when a change is in your favor? :p

VGailP
07-23-13, 05:36 AM
When you get to this new island, the dog is holding an SOS sign on top of the wobbly rock. It's so cute!!

Level 127 is already proving to be a challenge. There are two separated areas of glass. And there are two areas on the top portion that can only be broken with blasters or a diamond. So gotta use each move wisely to create a vertical blaster on the left two columns and right two columns also. The larger main board will be easy to break all the glass.

I have tried and tried on 127. Even using blasters,diamonds,etc,it seems the blasters won't break the glass on the two top corners. The most I can get is 52/54,ugh!

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 04:20 PM
That one's tough--need a practically-perfect board to pass! Good luck getting the vertical blasters you need for those hard-to-reach left & right upper corners (and some great special jewel combos would certainly help, too!) ;)

VGailP
07-23-13, 05:16 PM
That one's tough--need a practically-perfect board to pass! Good luck getting the vertical blasters you need for those hard-to-reach left & right upper corners (and some great special jewel combos would certainly help, too!) ;)

I think this may be where I have to give up, I am totally tired of making blasters and nothing happening with all those moves.

Phaedrakiki
07-23-13, 08:55 PM
Don't give up, VGail! If you're getting frustrated, try going back to play a previous level for more stars, or even another game for awhile. I know that's helped me in the past when a level's driving me crazy. Btw, how many moves does 127 have now? And just checking...are you using special jewel combinations, especially blaster + bomb & diamond + blaster? These are really helpful for clearing tons of glass, and getting to hard-to-reach areas, as well. You probably already know that, but just wanted to be sure, lol! Another "generic" tip for glass is to make moves towards the bottom of the board (but check each time in case you have matches in hard to reach areas or special jewel-creating opportunities.) Making moves towards the bottom often creates "bonus" matches as the jewels fall, which saves moves and drives your score up, as well. Good luck, and hang in there! :)

VGailP
07-24-13, 01:26 AM

Omg! Finally the stars aligned,lol. Just wanted to say several times along the way your tips have helped me ALOT! Along with others . Thanks!

Phaedrakiki
07-24-13, 01:34 AM
Yay!!!!!! :D So happy!

VGailP
07-25-13, 06:37 PM
Congrats! After 5 days, I'll bet that's a sweet win. ;) Don't ya just love it when a change is in your favor? :p

Omg I see that when you were in 130 the time was 2:10, I see after that someone posted here it was increased to over 6 minutes...LOL now that I am here it is ONLY 1:30!!!!

Phaedrakiki
07-25-13, 07:40 PM
Omg, that's insane! I remember that level, and 2:10 had me in tears. Wow, I hope they increase that for you. And those short timers on the doom jewels are super-stressful! (However, when you pass this you'll feel awesome! ;))

VGailP
07-26-13, 03:05 AM
Whew took me 8 tries but got it in the 1:30! Lol had to ignore doomies and just try making every match fast and luckily got a lot of blasters. After seeing how the time had been changed from over 6 to the 1:30 I thought I may be there forever,lol!

Phaedrakiki
07-27-13, 12:36 AM
Wow, that's awesome! Great job~ :D