PDA

View Full Version : Gem sales?

lucitine
04-11-13, 04:37 PM
I was told that Castle story has gem sales, however, it never shows that there is one on my ipad. My friend showed me the sale on her iPhone, but when I checked, there was no sale for me.

Is it only limited to certain people? Or is my iPad just refusing to show the sale?

kooky panda
04-11-13, 05:04 PM
Gems sales go out randomly to different games/devices at different times.

lucitine
04-11-13, 06:15 PM
So, would all ipad versions get the gem sales at the same time?
Also, I've been playing for a few weeks now and I still havent seen a sale. My friends who play are telling me that they constantly get sales.

lucitine
04-12-13, 05:31 PM
moving this back up to the top.

journeysmom
04-12-13, 06:02 PM
My iPad has gem sales continuously....either 20 or 30% off. I don't buy gems though....

lucitine
04-12-13, 08:00 PM
My iPad has gem sales continuously....either 20 or 30% off. I don't buy gems though....

thats why I think that there might be something wrong with my game. I've never had a sale come up and I've been playing for almost a month.
I really want to purchase some gems, but I'm waiting for a sale =/

lucitine
04-13-13, 06:09 PM
back up to the top because I still haven't gotten an answer.

maguar
04-13-13, 07:05 PM
My main account has only gotten sales when they went out to everyone last year (end of year type sales). My small account gets them frequently.

queenofpolharcity
04-13-13, 07:33 PM
My husband and I both play on our individual IPads, and we were just talking about gems the other day, because the sales don't come to our IPads at the same time! I'll see them on sale one day, but he won't see them on sale for a couple of days later. And they are not consistent for either of us, either. I've waited 3-5 days sometimes, and other times only 24 hours. It's very very random...

laVirtualCloset
04-13-13, 07:45 PM
Gems sales go out randomly to different games/devices at different times.

My experience is consistent with kooky's comments. I've been playing this game on an iPad since it was officially rolled out in the US back in Sept 2012 and i never had any sales. I started getting gem sales about 6 weeks ago btw 10% and 30%. I've never been a regular gem purchaser but when i do purchase, they are in large quantities.

lucitine
04-13-13, 11:18 PM
My experience is consistent with kooky's comments. I've been playing this game on an iPad since it was officially rolled out in the US back in Sept 2012 and i never had any sales. I started getting gem sales about 6 weeks ago btw 10% and 30%. I've never been a regular gem purchaser but when i do purchase, they are in large quantities.

So I've just been extremely unlucky then? That makes me really sad. I hope I get a sale soon.

Thanks for your answers!

HistoryGirl7
11-01-13, 06:22 PM
Hello everyone :) I noticed on a screenshot of someone posting on new updates that they have a sale on gems option for them....I spend quite a but on this game and haven't seen a sale at all in a long time :( Deleted and reinstalled game also. Any ideas?

maguar
11-01-13, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately the sales go out randomly to random accounts. Personally I haven't seen a sale since about November or December last year.

HistoryGirl7
11-01-13, 08:41 PM
Thank you very much for replying :)

TastyCakeBakery
11-30-13, 08:31 AM
I had a Gem sale come up which I thought I had until Monday to buy. But the sale has gone away. Did anyone else's sale disappear?

farmerted7
11-30-13, 08:38 AM
I thought it said Monday, too.

Mines gone now as well.

jtm101
12-01-13, 04:35 AM
There was a timer on the Gem Sales (visable when you viewed the prices), i think it was only a 24hr sale. But other sales are running longer, up to 4 days for the other ones i think,

outhouse01
04-11-14, 08:01 PM
Hi, once again I have a question on gem sales. The last post I made about this was on 18 March 2014.

It annoys me somewhat when a fellow poster provides a screen shot for whatever and the word "sale" is showing against their gem counter. Or when someone posts "gems just went on sale so I bought XX gem building" in a comment. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for their good fortune, however, where is the consistency.

I have been playing since about August 2013, therefore, approx 8 months, and the only time I have ever been offered a gem sale was just after the Xmas tree debacle, where all players were offered a sale.

I understand it is supposed to be random, but, when a gem sale constantly pops up in my time filler games (bubble, jewel, slots - I do not buy them) and not in CS there must be a problem.

There is no way I'm ponying up $6.49 AUS dollars for 120 gems or $129.99 AUS dollars for 2900 gems (nb, last time I checked it was $109.99 AUS dollars, so it appears inflation has made its way to CS), when others note they get a sale for 99 cents for a lower pack. Even with US/AUS conversation rates it would still only be about $1.49 AUS dollars for me if I ever got a sale.

So after digressing, what is it with gem sales? I'm happy to give you some money, but not at the excessive rate I am being asked for. Cheers

Queenzod
04-11-14, 08:11 PM
This confuses me, and I'm frustrated for you. Why wouldn't you get gem sales? I've had 5 this week alone! I know they can't give you one personally when you ask, but I wish there was some way for me to broker the sale for you. I can understand your frustration.

outhouse01
04-11-14, 08:50 PM
This confuses me, and I'm frustrated for you. Why wouldn't you get gem sales? I've had 5 this week alone! I know they can't give you one personally when you ask, but I wish there was some way for me to broker the sale for you. I can understand your frustration.

Thanks QZ. The only thing I can think of is that I am across the Pacific and not in the "Mother Land" and app stores may be different., but I don't think it is that. I'd just like a formal response from TL. Or are there any other posters from AUS or NZ that have/have not received anything. Im just curious. Cheers

outhouse01
04-12-14, 12:13 AM
Apologies in advance for the double post. It's Saturday afternoon time for me, so I've got the time to browse and think.

I do not understand how someone can get 5 sales in a week (no offence intended to QZ), but I've not had 1, apart from the all and sundry one, in 8 months.

I do understand the concept of random (drops) in CS world, however, I do not class gem sales as random. These are the bread and butter that makes TL tick over. Why are they only offered to a select few?

I'm quite happy to part with my hard earned if I think it is worth it, but my current, and never changing package, does not cut it when I know that others are offered specials. Cheers

claupu
04-12-14, 12:33 AM
Hi outhouse01,

I don't think it has something to do where you live. I have two kingdoms on two different devices and in Castledom I get a sale about once a week and in Royalville I only got the one you got as well. And I live in Europe (Germany), so it's really random and frustrating.

I don't understand TL's politics in this either. In my opinion TL would make more money with regular sales for all.

outhouse01
04-12-14, 03:57 AM
Hi outhouse01,

I don't think it has something to do where you live. I have two kingdoms on two different devices and in Castledom I get a sale about once a week and in Royalville I only got the one you got as well. And I live in Europe (Germany), so it's really random and frustrating.

I don't understand TL's politics in this either. In my opinion TL would make more money with regular sales for all.

Ta. Thanks for your response. Yes, I find it very frustrating. Why am I not offered the same as others. Happy gaming. Cheers

Queenzod
04-12-14, 07:08 AM
I wonder if it would prime your pump, so to speak, if you bought the smallest amount of gems and then see if that starts to trigger more/any sales. I usually have about 3500 gems on hand, and I've fallen below that in the last 2 weeks. I've wondered if it somehow tracks how many gems you have and gives you sales when you fall below X amount. I dunno, I'm just spitballing...

Chriscat9
04-12-14, 09:08 AM
I never get gem sales either and I have bought gems at full price more than once. I have been playing since Sepember 2013. I am also in the United States so where you live doesn't matter. It makes me angry but I love the game so I will keep playing. I would definitly buy more gems if they went on sale so please, TL, fix this issue ��

khyaiin
04-12-14, 02:34 PM
I have been playing for a little over a year i think and i live in the US, but have also never received any gem sales. I have bought gems a few times, but only receive offers that have to do with specific goals, like when we had the saint patrick's day rainbow pots. I just bought gems today, but the last time was a few months ago or more. I avidly read the forums and see people talk about gem sales fairly often. It makes me not want to buy gems, when you know some people get them for a discount. I would probably buy more gems if i got a sale every once in awhile. It is like when some buildings used to be different prices for different people. That made no sense to me! I don't usually like to complain or even comment very much, but this post just made me a little angry. I wouldn't shop at a store that gave some people a sale, but not me, so i don't see how this is different.

Queenzod
04-12-14, 02:47 PM
I keep thinking that TL might actually make more money if they had regularly scheduled gem sales. Like on the first of the month. I think people would buy more, and more often. But, I'm sure they have their market analysts.

dragoniakingdom
04-12-14, 09:24 PM
Hi Outhouse, I am also from Australia,but do get the gem *sale* on a fairly regular basis.

It's all very odd as to how it is decided who gets the offer.:confused:

nmdgames
04-13-14, 04:56 AM
I live in the US, and the last time I had a gem sale was Christmas.

outhouse01
04-14-14, 12:53 AM
Hi all thanks for your responses. QZ, I currently have about 1000 gems on hand, so I don't think it is that. It just annoys me that others get offers and others don't. My money is just as good as anyone else's, but as another poster said and I agree - I will not shop somewhere that offers sales to others, but tells me when I walk in the door, that sale is not available. No sale, no dollars, a sale, my dollars. Those little 99 cent packages would add up after a while. I would be interested to know how many packages they sold for the one off event that everyone got against just offering a select group. Cheers all.

maguar
05-25-14, 03:22 PM
I've merged multiple threads on gem sales

outhouse01
05-25-14, 03:46 PM
55lee55. Thank you for your very comprehensive response to all and sundry on the forum. In response to you regarding my comments about gem sales.

A. I refresh every time I open my game. Ie I force close every time I close, open when I want to play again, immediately visit a neighbour to sync.

B. I have the latest update.

C. I never started I had a problem or a bug.

D. I did not, and, am not making wild accusations. I stated fact. This is my game, not yours. I am quite capable of knowing what happens in my game. I cannot say what you get in your game, as, well, it is your game, not mine.

E. I have brought gems previously, hundreds of dollars in fact. I understand the random drops, if you read all my posts in this thread you will see that I am not complaining about that.

My concern is that sales are only given to a few, not all. I will not buy from a dress shop that gives you a discount on a dress, but when I get served next, that sale is not available to me.

I have no desire to find a new game, I actually like this. I have no desire to write my own, I am not a computer programmer.

Once again, thank you for your comprehensive response to my game. Happy gaming. Cheers

gdmcrjunkie
05-25-14, 04:34 PM
Yes, I also don't have any issues with my game but I've been playing since March 2013 and I've only got two gem sales - Black Friday and Christmas which are pushed out to everyone. Gem sales are definitely not random. It's frustrating, but at least this way I can resist buying gems by reminding myself that I'll be paying more than everyone else for the same thing. Doesn't always work but it's why I'm not broke :D

leatimark
05-26-14, 11:17 AM
Hi. I bought gems yesterday but the gems are not showing in my account .
I have the same user in both ipad and iphone.
And I just received itune's invoice .
Did it happened to anyone else ? What should I do ?

maguar
05-26-14, 12:58 PM
Hi. I bought gems yesterday but the gems are not showing in my account .
I have the same user in both ipad and iphone.
And I just received itune's invoice .
Did it happened to anyone else ? What should I do ?

Email support@teamlava.com (include your invoice) and yell,be able to help you out

doobievilla
05-26-14, 01:06 PM
I keep thinking that TL might actually make more money if they had regularly scheduled gem sales. Like on the first of the month. I think people would buy more, and more often. But, I'm sure they have their market analysts.

I also think that CS could make tons more by doing Bundles more.. they know what we have and they control the rolls.. make a Bundle!!!

meme1098
05-26-14, 01:17 PM
Email support@teamlava.com (include your invoice) and yell,be able to help you out

Just remember, Maguar said yell!:D

doobievilla
05-26-14, 01:34 PM

and include your invoice) and yell,

Inner Voice and YELL!!!!

outhouse01
05-27-14, 01:15 AM
Hi all thanks for your responses. QZ, I currently have about 1000 gems on hand, so I don't think it is that. It just annoys me that others get offers and others don't. My money is just as good as anyone else's, but as another poster said and I agree - I will not shop somewhere that offers sales to others, but tells me when I walk in the door, that sale is not available. No sale, no dollars, a sale, my dollars. Those little 99 cent packages would add up after a while. I would be interested to know how many packages they sold for the one off event that everyone got against just offering a select group. Cheers all.

This is really annoying me. Why are they only offered to a select few? 55sl55, or what ever your name is (sorry, I'm not going back to check for correct titles), please do not respond. I would like a formal response from TL in relation to my ongoing question. Kind regards

maguar
05-27-14, 01:42 AM

and include your invoice) and yell,

Inner Voice and YELL!!!!

Darn typo :o

dragon2046
05-28-14, 08:43 AM
I need one of these "random" gem sales now PLEASE! I too think it should be offered to all not just by luck or previous purchases.

outhouse01
05-29-14, 04:49 PM
Good luck. I just got the random pop up sale. 2 dark caves, 100 energy and 3 troves. After all my whinging, I still do not get the pop up with 50 gems. I have enough troves, I never get gem sales and dc's, well I can get them from adventures if I really wanted to.

Totally random, yes, definitely it is.

Kind regards

Queenzod
05-29-14, 06:16 PM
Good luck. I just got the random pop up sale. 2 dark caves, 100 energy and 3 troves. After all my whinging, I still do not get the pop up with 50 gems. I have enough troves, I never get gem sales and dc's, well I can get them from adventures if I really wanted to.

Totally random, yes, definitely it is.

Kind regards

I think you need to develop some very complex conspiracy theory about why you don't get gem sales. It should involve:

1. Aliens
2. Shadowy government Ops guys
3. Maachu Picchu
4. Tin foil

Let us know what you come up with!

outhouse01
05-30-14, 04:37 PM
I think you need to develop some very complex conspiracy theory about why you don't get gem sales. It should involve:

1. Aliens
2. Shadowy government Ops guys
3. Maachu Picchu
4. Tin foil

Let us know what you come up with!

Hi, I've sat on this one all night. Woke up this morning and still cannot come up with anything. I didn't even know what 3 was so had to google. Something to do with Peru apparently. Sorry I just don't have your type of imagination. But you did at least get my brain thinking. Thanks for your wisdom. I enjoy your posts greatly.

No more banging on about gems for me, it is what it is. I have money burning a hole in my apple account and do pony up from time to time. Just not as much as I used to. I am happy to support and buy, as well, sales is what keeps this great game going. Just don't pony up as much now. Husband found the credit card statement once and went nuts. Now I buy iTune cards from the supermarket to get round that problem. 20 here and 50 there on the grocery shopping, he's got no idea. Sneaky I know, but it works. Just like he won't eat zucchini (courgettes I think they are also called). I grate them and stick them I'm what I'm cooking. He's none the wiser. Cheers. Enjoy you day/night where you are. I'm off again to try and find Mr Sparkley.......

55lee55
05-30-14, 05:36 PM
Hi, I've sat on this one all night. Woke up this morning and still cannot come up with anything. I didn't even know what 3 was so had to google. Something to do with Peru apparently. Sorry I just don't have your type of imagination. But you did at least get my brain thinking. Thanks for your wisdom. I enjoy your posts greatly.

No more banging on about gems for me, it is what it is. I have money burning a hole in my apple account and do pony up from time to time. Just not as much as I used to. I am happy to support and buy, as well, sales is what keeps this great game going. Just don't pony up as much now. Husband found the credit card statement once and went nuts. Now I buy iTune cards from the supermarket to get round that problem. 20 here and 50 there on the grocery shopping, he's got no idea. Sneaky I know, but it works. Just like he won't eat zucchini (courgettes I think they are also called). I grate them and stick them I'm what I'm cooking. He's none the wiser. Cheers. Enjoy you day/night where you are. I'm off again to try and find Mr Sparkley.......

I think you outhouse01 and Queenzod are tied for the win on this one! I can't stop laughing! So much talent for humor in just two posts!

Thanks!

Castloninian
05-30-14, 09:53 PM

I've said it before, but I was so DUMB to be linked to my husband's itunes account. So any spending I do will be noticed ��. He already seems to be concerned about my addiction to this game, so if I were to spend real money on it it may just tip him over the edge.

outhouse01
05-31-14, 08:10 PM
I've said it before, but I was so DUMB to be linked to my husband's itunes account. So any spending I do will be noticed ��. He already seems to be concerned about my addiction to this game, so if I were to spend real money on it it may just tip him over the edge.

So real. Funny thing for me is, husband is linked to my **** account. You don't know how many times I have rung him and said "you bought WHAT on ****". Swings and round-abouts I say. Cheers.

Queenzod
05-31-14, 09:07 PM

No worries! I just thought it would give your brain something else to think about.

You ladies and keeping stuff from your hubbies! Too funny! I had a friend who would bring home new clothes and hang them up in her closet so when when her hubby asked "is this new?" She could say it had been hanging there for a while.

Sorry, completely off topic. What was the topic?

outhouse01
05-31-14, 09:38 PM
No worries! I just thought it would give your brain something else to think about.

You ladies and keeping stuff from your hubbies! Too funny! I had a friend who would bring home new clothes and hang them up in her closet so when when her hubby asked "is this new?" She could say it had been hanging there for a while.

Sorry, completely off topic. What was the topic?

Yes, definitely off topic, but so funny. I've even bought new shoes, scuffed them on concrete, so when husband says - are they new - show him the soles and said "do these look new, obviously you don't pay attention". I think we need to start a new thread on this. Before a mod intervenes, yes off topic for now, sorry, but this is just too much fun. Cheers

Queenzod
05-31-14, 10:46 PM
Yes, definitely off topic, but so funny. I've even bought new shoes, scuffed them on concrete, so when husband says - are they new - show him the soles and said "do these look new, obviously you don't pay attention". I think we need to start a new thread on this. Before a mod intervenes, yes off topic for now, sorry, but this is just too much fun. Cheers

I wonder if the Mrs. Lady Baron hides her purchases from her hubby? Don't you get the impression that she manipulates the begoobers out of him? He blusters a lot, but isn't quite the powerhouse in the brains department. I wonder how they met...

za01phod
06-10-14, 04:51 AM
I get gem sales frequently but will no longer buy any until they fix the gem trap. I'm surprised that Teamlava, that spends so much time on updates and support refuses to address this issue.