PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Maps

cymoril69
04-11-13, 10:25 AM
How many of these maps can you request per day? Is there a maximum limitation? Thank!

RotomGuy
04-11-13, 10:27 AM
You can request as many as you so wish, but you can only receive 20 a day.

AuntyRose32
04-11-13, 10:41 AM
If you have a lot of neighbours i.e. hundreds, requesting maps from ALL of them everyday just clogs up your system and it takes longer to get your maps. I have neighbours who request from 400/500+ neighbours daily and I don't get their requests until four days AFTER they've sent them. So because you can only receive 20 maps per day, only request from 20 to 30 good neighbours that you know play daily and you have a better chance of getting all 20 maps back in one day. Happy map hunting.... :)

Batdragon71
04-11-13, 12:59 PM
I am not doubting you but where did you get the number 20 from when it comes to receiving maps? I would like to know because I have an issue with the gold gifts etc and wondered if there was a listing that gave the official figures of the quantities that are allowed with all of this type of thing (egg, gold, map etc) Cheers :)

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-11-13, 01:44 PM
Request maps from everyone on your list. Whatever you don't get today, will carry over tomorrow once the new day kicks in. Once those trickle through onto your newsfeed. Request more.

kianaandkingmik
04-11-13, 02:09 PM
The maps are such a nightmare. The whole expanding process is hard enough with the expense of it. i mean $75K to clear a pile of rocks? Its too hard to get to higher levels without being able to expand. I have no "friends" on here to even be able to ask for maps. How do you get friends without bothering Facebook friends about playing?

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 02:17 PM
The maps are such a nightmare. The whole expanding process is hard enough with the expense of it. i mean $75K to clear a pile of rocks? Its too hard to get to higher levels without being able to expand. I have no "friends" on here to even be able to ask for maps. How do you get friends without bothering Facebook friends about playing?

There is an add me thread for all the TL games. Here is the link to the DS one http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?93-Dragon-Story-Add-Me

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 02:21 PM
Kiana, what you can also do is look on people's walls where people post their storm8 IDs to be added

kianaandkingmik
04-11-13, 08:16 PM
Thank you!

glitterbabies
04-11-13, 08:21 PM
Thank you!

I'm new and only have a few friends so i just invited you :)

AuntyRose32
04-12-13, 08:10 PM
I am not doubting you but where did you get the number 20 from when it comes to receiving maps? I would like to know because I have an issue with the gold gifts etc and wondered if there was a listing that gave the official figures of the quantities that are allowed with all of this type of thing (egg, gold, map etc) Cheers :)

Hi, it's the same in all TL games - Farm you can receive 20 gifts, Restaurant and Bakery you can receive 20 gifts etc, etc. on top of that you can also receive 20 requested construction or map parts. Regarding the gold gifts in Dragon or the Earth Wisp gifts in Castle you can only send and receive three gifts per day but again you can receive 20 requested construction parts. If you select all your neighbours to send gold to in Dragon Story the game will randomly send it to only three people, in order to get three gold back from your neighbours I suggest finding three neighbours that are willing to exchange gold with you everyday, kinda like 'gold buddies' and stick to sending gold just to them and they return the favour. At least that's what works best for me when it comes to gold gifts. Hope this makes sense as I'm half asleep while typing...lol. I'm sure there is an official list on the forums here, just search the Dragon Story forum and I'm sure you'll find it :)

Batdragon71
04-14-13, 04:21 AM
Thanks AuntyRose32, I had kind of worked out about the only 3 gold, and I do have my gold buddies, I was just wondering if these rules of game play were actually documented somewhere by LT. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that things sneakily change with updates and are different between the different versions of DS. For instance Feeding (one of my pet moans) in DS (Original) the amount that a dragon needs for its first feed varies between the dragons, A magic wanted 2 where as a Mythic wanted 5, but switch over to DS New Dawn and both of them only want 1 per feed, so it appears to be a random thing, That is why I was hoping to see a set of "game play rules" that would be able to establish what was happening. I have searched through the forums looking for an official version of them but can only find things like this where people have worked it out by playing the game. If anyone does know where the "Official Rules from Team Lava" are then please point me in the right direction :)

DragonTan1
04-14-13, 05:01 AM
Thanks AuntyRose32, I had kind of worked out about the only 3 gold, and I do have my gold buddies, I was just wondering if these rules of game play were actually documented somewhere by LT. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that things sneakily change with updates and are different between the different versions of DS. For instance Feeding (one of my pet moans) in DS (Original) the amount that a dragon needs for its first feed varies between the dragons, A magic wanted 2 where as a Mythic wanted 5, but switch over to DS New Dawn and both of them only want 1 per feed, so it appears to be a random thing, That is why I was hoping to see a set of "game play rules" that would be able to establish what was happening. I have searched through the forums looking for an official version of them but can only find things like this where people have worked it out by playing the game. If anyone does know where the "Official Rules from Team Lava" are then please point me in the right direction :)

The food we all know about, it was the same on DS & Valentines but they were updated to be all the same. Many didn't update because it was cheaper to feed the dragons. If you update ND it will cost the same as it does on DS.

Batdragon71
04-14-13, 07:12 AM
The food we all know about, it was the same on DS & Valentines but they were updated to be all the same. Many didn't update because it was cheaper to feed the dragons. If you update ND it will cost the same as it does on DS.

That is the point I am trying to get at, you say that "We all know about" but how do you know about it, is it written somewhere and if so where? I am not talking about someone who plays the game has noticed comments, I am saying where is the Team Lava statement of what they are doing and the changes they make. I have seen that on other posts there is a disparity between IOS and Android, if there is then why should there be if it is the same game? It doesn't make sense to me.

AuntyRose32
04-15-13, 11:13 AM
Hi Batdragon71, I see what you mean....the disparity doesn't make sense but that's how TL do things. New Dawn no longer allows you to feed your dragons using less food, at least mine doesn't. I think people who visit the forums know about the food changes and all the other differences between the different game platforms, versions etc, etc. If you're not visiting the forums, which IMO most players don't, then you don't know or don't notice right away and are either happy to play the game whatever the changes are or you just quit because of the changes you don't like. Sometimes ignorance is bliss...lol There are days I wish I didn't visit the forums and was ignorant to the fact that my dragon stable cost me fifty gold and cost somebody else thirteen gold :/ but that is the way the cookie crumbles, all the complaining in the world won't change how TL do things. Do I like the disparity, no I don't. Am I gonna quit over it, no I'm not. I choose to spend a lot of money on these games because I enjoy them, I'm not always happy with how things are done but I do appreciate weekly updates and the free goal reward items and all the good stuff that come with playing these games. So I try to keep my complaining to a minimum ;) Not that I think you're complaining at all. I'm just giving you some feedback on how I play/see the games. I don't think there is an 'official game rules by TL' notice regarding the differences between pricing, food, versions etc, just what you find on the various threads regarding any issues you might have. I learn most of what I need to know from other players who post about their game experiences, I've learned that a lot of us play the same game but have differences that are out of our control, I play on regardless. Changing things and trying new things out is, I guess, part of the learning process for TL to try and make the game as enjoyable as possible and create some longevity in the game - like I said I don't always agree with the changes (especially when they sneak up on me) but there must be a method to their madness so I'll stay annoyed for a few days and then move on. Dragon story is one of the games I don't spend a lot of money on, I like the challenge of breeding my dragons...I don't want to buy any, I don't see the point in speeding up breeding, I have good patience and speeding it up doesn't change the outcome it just disappoints even more when you've spent 12 gold for another firestorm, IMO. I'm in no rush. I like that they've finally introduced new decorations so I spend my gold on them, craft what I can and hope they keep a balance between the gold and coin prices on the decorations so everyone has a chance to get some of the items they like. If I ever succeed in clearing all my islands I'll have a field day decorating! Anyway now that I've finished rambling on... I don't think TL will ever post an 'official' list regarding these differences, checking in on the forum is really the only way to compare your game to others and see what the differences are, that's what the forum is here for. I'd be lost without it sometimes.

kooky panda
04-15-13, 01:12 PM
How many of these maps can you request per day? Is there a maximum limitation? Thank!

You can request as many as you so wish, but you can only receive 20 a day.
Seems like thread has gone off topic.
Closing thread since original question was answered.